Off the Record: Families struggle in economic wasteland

Full story: Oroville Mercury-Register

I feel as old and battered as any welwitschia. Part of the conifer family, these trees live only along the coast of Namibia and Angola where coastal fog and desert meet and they are ancient -- the larger ones are 1,500 to 3,000 years old.
Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Apr 17, 2010
gary

Ukiah, CA

#1 Apr 17, 2010
Hang in there, Kyra.....we are all in this together. I understand that my tummy ache does not make your tummy ache feel any better, but those of us that survive will do so because we know that we are not alone in this, and will do whatever needs to be done to weather the storm.....and hopefully, expecially here in California, we will finally remember this at the polls, and do a little house cleaning, sweeping out the politicians that have insulated themselves from all of this with taxpayer-paid-for perks.

Since: May 08

Oroville

#2 Apr 17, 2010
Well, it does not help to have expensive hobbies like horses. At least yours are well cared for, even if it means second hand jeans.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oroville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 4 hr lechezz 4,998
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 8 hr Tank ever 7,926
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 8 hr landluber suck 200,576
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Aug 26 matches lighters 15,961
Anyone see Marvin Markle lose his sh*t yesterday? (Feb '12) Aug 24 jram1970 88
Recent reports of bodies found/murders in Orovi... Aug 19 Justsaying 1
Review: VALLEY HOME CENTERS Aug 16 Scott Alexander 1
•••
•••
•••

Oroville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Oroville People Search