Off the Record: Families struggle in ...

Off the Record: Families struggle in economic wasteland

There are 2 comments on the Oroville Mercury-Register story from Apr 16, 2010, titled Off the Record: Families struggle in economic wasteland. In it, Oroville Mercury-Register reports that:

I feel as old and battered as any welwitschia. Part of the conifer family, these trees live only along the coast of Namibia and Angola where coastal fog and desert meet and they are ancient -- the larger ones are 1,500 to 3,000 years old.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Oroville Mercury-Register.

gary

Ukiah, CA

#1 Apr 17, 2010
Hang in there, Kyra.....we are all in this together. I understand that my tummy ache does not make your tummy ache feel any better, but those of us that survive will do so because we know that we are not alone in this, and will do whatever needs to be done to weather the storm.....and hopefully, expecially here in California, we will finally remember this at the polls, and do a little house cleaning, sweeping out the politicians that have insulated themselves from all of this with taxpayer-paid-for perks.

Since: May 08

Oroville

#2 Apr 17, 2010
Well, it does not help to have expensive hobbies like horses. At least yours are well cared for, even if it means second hand jeans.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oroville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anyone see Marvin Markle lose his sh*t yesterday? (Feb '12) May 25 Barbara 100
marvin and beverly mcquarrie (Feb '14) May 22 Glenn Schoeneck 3
News SmartMeters being installed by PG&E in Butte Co... (May '10) May 21 Sigmund Freud 36
News Grand jury probed two Ridge officers (Mar '08) Apr '15 Concerned citizen 508
Review: Dennis Lucas Plumbing Repair (Oct '11) Apr '15 PB4YOU 2
News Rape suspect arrested by Oroville police (Jun '10) Apr '15 keepalowprofile 12
Review: Oroville Tacos (Aug '14) Mar '15 tamikajohnson1959 5
More from around the web

Oroville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]