Oh, deer: Crash risk with animals may be higher now

Chances of hitting a deer with your car may increase at this time of year. Locally, in fact, two deer were struck by vehicles on the Skyway this week. Full Story
Tiffy

Magalia, CA

#1 Dec 20, 2010
If people would go the speed limit they would be able to stop in time. No one in the Oroville area follows the speed limits and they are all yapping on phones and texting and I never see police giving tickets!!
agree with tiffy

Berkeley, CA

#2 Dec 20, 2010
I agree with you, Tiffy. Go the speed limit. In in most areas its set at a pretty good clip- 45mph. Also, the tailgating-- STOP IT!!!

Tailgating and speeding are the main causes of accidents. Respect your community, respect your family, respect yourself-- do the speed limit and don't tailgate. Save lives, not minutes.

Lastly, there are quite a few Sheriffs driving wayyyyy too fast thru town. No reason, no lights, just hauling ass and tailgating. Three I've experienced it. Once he was doing 45 mph in a 25, riding an old lady's bumper. Not fair. Not cool.
optimus prime

Chico, CA

#3 Dec 21, 2010
I love hittin them and seeing theyre lifeless bodies fly into the air

“I'm Not Grumpy, I'm in Pain.”

Since: Feb 09

Butte County

#4 Dec 22, 2010
optimus prime wrote:
I love hittin them and seeing theyre lifeless bodies fly into the air
Wait until one comes through your windshield if you want a real thrill.
tailgater victim

Chico, CA

#5 Jan 20, 2013
A deer jumped out in front of our car and a tailgater here in Paradise California slammed into me. My wife was wearing a seatbelt but her head bumped into the side window. She had a concussion and has had serious problems with her back now because of it. All because someone was being aggressive and the police did not enforce the law. The tailgater even tried to sue us for breaking but it did not hold up. I remember the first thing out of his mouth was "look what you did to my car" while my wife was bleeding.
BigTom

Chico, CA

#6 Feb 4, 2013
I just got a $1500.00 ticket for being too close and tailgating a car in Paradise. Is there anywhay to fight this If don't have a job?
Ron Beasny

Chico, CA

#7 Feb 8, 2013
BigTom wrote:
I just got a $1500.00 ticket for being too close and tailgating a car in Paradise. Is there anywhay to fight this If don't have a job?
No because you were breaking the law you narcissist. If you do it again the price will nearly double. You are endangering people's lives and you want to find a way to be let out of your punishment for your crime. You are a sad aggressive joke of a human being.
BuffaloBill

Chico, CA

#8 Feb 11, 2013
They are cracking down I guess. My friend got his license revoked and a $1000 ticket for tailgating in Paradise. NOt a happy man.
Paradise Hunter

Oroville, CA

#9 Feb 19, 2013
Today it is snowing here in Paradise ca and it's thick and slushy here on the roads. I saw at least two people in the 5 minutes I was driving tailgating bumper to bumper. How do these people think they are going to stop if a deer jumps out and the front car has to break with snow on the ground for God's sake? What the hell is wrong with you people. Don't you understand how dangerous that is? Wrote down the license plates and gave em to the police. Too dangerous for impatient driving.
Bob33

Chico, CA

#10 Mar 15, 2013
BigTom wrote:
My friends wife got one of those tailgating tickets. I guess she was too close to the car in front of her and got busted. Cost them plenty of money too. They are going to have to cancel their vacation this year to pay for it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oroville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gleaners hand out 5,000 pounds of salmom (Nov '10) 10 hr kathy toledo 7
Anyone see Marvin Markle lose his sh*t yesterday? (Feb '12) Oct 19 just cause 96
Marvin Markle (Mar '12) Oct 17 Happy 15
Review: Oroville Tacos Oct 1 Roy T 4
Leslie Bond sentenced to life in prison (Jul '10) Sep '14 RYGAR530 14
beating Sep '14 psychomike 1
Council continues Walmart appeals (Dec '10) Sep '14 Andy 49
Oroville Dating
Find my Match

Oroville Jobs

Oroville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Oroville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Oroville