Hundreds oppose pot law: Butte County...

Hundreds oppose pot law: Butte County supervisors send marijuana ordinance back to the drawing board

There are 231 comments on the Oroville Mercury-Register story from Feb 23, 2011, titled Hundreds oppose pot law: Butte County supervisors send marijuana ordinance back to the drawing board. In it, Oroville Mercury-Register reports that:

After five hours of passionate, often accusatory and sometimes threatening public testimony, the Butte County Board of Supervisors decided to send a proposed marijuana cultivation ordinance back to the drawing board.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Oroville Mercury-Register.

A Law-abiding-resi dent

Oroville, CA

#21 Feb 23, 2011
The ordinace as it stands is a poorly, hastily written and ill conceived proposal. The fees required are punitive in nature and cause harm to those already in need. It is but an additional example of the punitive actions endorsed by some officials in Butte County whose sole purpose is to impede and frighten off those persons amoung us who are attempting to practice their constitutional rights.
andy

Oroville, CA

#22 Feb 23, 2011
Truth wrote:
These pot-heads are mean, nasty, and dangerous people. We all know they just like to get high. I mean, come on, the reverand for a Cannabis church? People that are on vicodin don't wear vicodin shirts or have a vicodin ministry. These people just want a legal way to get high...that's it.
HELLO, most BIG pot growers want pot to be illegal because they make MORE money, the no TAX paying pot growers love illegal grow.
greedy people

Chico, CA

#23 Feb 23, 2011
i could write out a long logical note on why these people are so selfish but its just easier to sppek the truth!! you hippies are ruining this country with all your selfish i want attitudes!!! if you want to grow weed so bad, move to the mountains and get off public assistance [everyone knows 99% of all pot growes are nothing more than leaches on the system!! who really needs that much weed for personal use?? u should all be embarassed as public citizens!! us who work and pay taxes on a daily basis are paying your rent, paying for your food, paying for your medical, paying for the raising of your children!! it is disgusting the way you pressure our state/govt officials!! you are all like spoiled children!! i dont hate marijuana and the marijuana ajenda [some of my best friends smoke weed] but these people are redicuclus... i say we take away all their wailfare/ssi benefits if they want to grow weed!! they dont need "medi-cal" since it would seem smoking pot cures everything from glaucoma to cancer!! lol
OroDemo

Chico, CA

#24 Feb 23, 2011
The people have spoken. Will the elected officials listen?
IHATEGREEN

AOL

#25 Feb 23, 2011
"It's green here baby" is an understatement,that's the main reason California is so screwed up!Actually Taz,I love life,The grass,the lakes,the trees and yes the people.What I don't like are drug addicts,thieves,liars,leaches and eco-fascists!
Sum 1 who cares

Carmichael, CA

#26 Feb 23, 2011
@greedy people
(everyone knows 99% of all pot growes are nothing more than leaches on the system!!)

You must be a racist. 99% wow really? Seems like a stereo type if you ask me.. Is the next thing your going to say is 99% of white people don't smoke? Or maybe it's that 99% of black people do? Your no better then a racist, you are choosing to discriminate a population based on a stero type created by the industries trying to keep pot illegal. One way or another you sicken me. People like you should not be allowed to have children. You are way to close minded and easily manipulated. Learn to think for yourself and analyze all of the data. If you are so quick to judge someone why not judge yourself first. You have no room to talk. Next time you take the time to post think about what you are saying or better yet keep your rude remarks to yourself.
Puddletrips

Ann Arbor, MI

#27 Feb 23, 2011
Thank you for your insight brothers and sisters. Stevens1949, and Green today saves tommorrow, you are true patriots and I hope that logic and reason prevail in this debate, as there are many like-minded individuals that will stand up and rally against the corporate thugs that flood our media outlets with fear and untruths for their own personal agenda i.e.(profit and control). So let us be the voice of those that have been silenced due to intimidation and/or imprisonment over the years. How can an elected council declare war on the very constituants that placed them in office. THIS IS NOTHING SHORT OF TREASON!!! And remember children, Cannabis IS a gateway drug.... to a path of enlightenment. Keep on Keepin' on!!! I'm with you. Anyone that would like to organize and meet the enemy head on (peacefully) contact me at [email protected] My name is Tony Maddrix and I am open to any fresh ideas or dialog. Please keep it respectful and peaceful...... ONE LOVE
Puddletrips

Ann Arbor, MI

#28 Feb 23, 2011
What is your argument? Welfare has no relevance in this debate. At least as far as I can see. But I won't chastise you or try to degrade your point of view, I hope that those friends that you speak so highly of in your comments have enough compassion to overlook your harsh remarks about their use of Ganja, and their unfortunate financial situation. It is a recession ya know? And not everyone that is on government assistance wishes to remain in that position. Sometimes it is necassary to ask for a helping hand. Maybe you too, someday, will find yourself standing in the un-employment line, or becoming aquainted with the inner-workings of the welfare dept. I hope not, but you never know friend. Your dialog is much appreciated, and I wish you the best.

sincerely,

HIPPIE FROM HELL!!!
Concerned Citizen

Durham, CA

#29 Feb 23, 2011
IHATEGREEN wrote:
This rag says she will die if she can't grow her own dope?!Give me a break!As for Stevie Boy,I would love to run into you,I'll show you another meaning of the word impeached!Who is this Reverend Raymond?These losers are testimony why no dope should be allowed to be grown in our area!If these losers think having their dope is so important,they should move to Mexico,it's much cheaper and plentiful!
I know that guy I can get you a meeting with him anytime you wish!
Concerned Citizen

Durham, CA

#30 Feb 23, 2011
I can get you a meeting with the Steve, I'm sure he'd happy to talk to you. When and where?
Personally the lady who's ill didn't seem like a rag to me. Are you just, mean or mad at the world? Just because you don't understand something doesn't make it bad for everyone.
Concerned Citizen

Durham, CA

#31 Feb 23, 2011
greedy people wrote:
i could write out a long logical note on why these people are so selfish but its just easier to sppek the truth!! you hippies are ruining this country with all your selfish i want attitudes!!! if you want to grow weed so bad, move to the mountains and get off public assistance [everyone knows 99% of all pot growes are nothing more than leaches on the system!! who really needs that much weed for personal use?? u should all be embarassed as public citizens!! us who work and pay taxes on a daily basis are paying your rent, paying for your food, paying for your medical, paying for the raising of your children!! it is disgusting the way you pressure our state/govt officials!! you are all like spoiled children!! i dont hate marijuana and the marijuana ajenda [some of my best friends smoke weed] but these people are redicuclus... i say we take away all their wailfare/ssi benefits if they want to grow weed!! they dont need "medi-cal" since it would seem smoking pot cures everything from glaucoma to cancer!! lol
you don't know what you are speaking of. Speak intelligent and with proof, People on welfare have to be tested to make sure of this. Are you a Doctor?
Concerned Citizen

Durham, CA

#32 Feb 23, 2011
OroDemo wrote:
GREAT QUESTION!
Concerned Citizen

Durham, CA

#33 Feb 23, 2011
Sum 1 who cares wrote:
@greedy people
(everyone knows 99% of all pot growes are nothing more than leaches on the system!!)
You must be a racist. 99% wow really? Seems like a stereo type if you ask me.. Is the next thing your going to say is 99% of white people don't smoke? Or maybe it's that 99% of black people do? Your no better then a racist, you are choosing to discriminate a population based on a stero type created by the industries trying to keep pot illegal. One way or another you sicken me. People like you should not be allowed to have children. You are way to close minded and easily manipulated. Learn to think for yourself and analyze all of the data. If you are so quick to judge someone why not judge yourself first. You have no room to talk. Next time you take the time to post think about what you are saying or better yet keep your rude remarks to yourself.
thank you for stating the obvious, I wonder how his BEST friends react to his thinking they are leaches on the system?
Public Information

Paradise, CA

#34 Feb 23, 2011
I have been researching the properties owned by the Butte County Supervisors.....some very interesting stuff!

Looks to me like a few of them, especially Yamaguchi and Lambert may have some code enforcement issues themselves that need dealt with! I will post it all, with birds-eye view's, later.
Puddletrips

Ann Arbor, MI

#35 Feb 23, 2011
@Concerned citizen

Thanks for re-affirming my position. It seems like greedy people needs a hug!!! lol
Sum 1 who cares

Carmichael, CA

#36 Feb 23, 2011
I would not be surprised if they were trying to put this law into place so they can do a mass grow. Seems like the logical thing to do when you combine corruption and power. Make the rich richer and the poor poorer. The people of butte need to come together and we need to take a stand. This is our county and our country. We have state guidelines which clearly show that a county can not decrease the number but that they can only increase the number! Why can I grow oranges and get a tax break but if I grow pot I will get taxed? This is all wrong. We can't just sit by the side lines and watch. Everyone needs to stand up for wha is just and fair! We are the people and we have the power. To many people will suffer from this law. I don't see anyone actually being able to benefit from this other then the people in power! I for one say as the people we need to organize and show that we have a voice! That we will not just step aside and be walked over! Every time they try to pass a law along this nature we need to stand together and see to it we are herd!
greedy people

Chico, CA

#37 Feb 23, 2011
lol.. looks like i touched a few nerves!! im just speeking my opinion on the matter.. thats how this employed, non-drug abusing/using, tax paying, registerd voter sees things!! there are many of us that think this marijuana issue is redicuclus and a waist of "our" taxpaying dollars!! how did the mj issue come out in the last vote? i know how i voted!!
What is your agenda

Chico, CA

#38 Feb 23, 2011
OroDemo wrote:
Drugs users, marijuana users & homosexuals have infiltraded our goverment. The world is going to hell in a handbasket! Run!
Sum 1 who cares

Carmichael, CA

#39 Feb 23, 2011
The only tax payer dollars waisted on marijuana is for the DEA.. If marijuana I'd legalized on a national level it would produce billions instead of costing millions! We are going the wrong direction and it won't be long before we hit a dead end. Also greedy you seriously have to be one of the stupidest people around. Do some research then talk. That goes to anyone who could possibiliy think marijuana is a bad thing. Do your research. Have you ever smoked it? Then how do you know it's bad? So don't talk. Just listen.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#40 Feb 23, 2011
What is your agenda wrote:
<quoted text>
Drugs users, marijuana users & homosexuals have infiltraded our goverment. The world is going to hell in a handbasket! Run!
At first I thought you are sick, then just acting sick than after thinking and rereading your post twice I think I see where you are just trying to be a funny trol, and you are! I am glad to see you do not see MJ users as being drug users.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oroville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Loud crowd disagreed with most of LaMalfaa s po... Apr 19 Was Not Coherent 1
News Vallejo gas prices hit highs not seen in five y... Apr 15 tps 7
News Search teams look for at-risk Berry Creek man Apr 7 Rick 4
News Dropkick Murphys and Rancid set for July concer... Mar 27 West Coast Alert 1
Family Court Corruption (May '12) Mar '17 HollyHaller 5
News Ticks on the rise in Chino Hills State Park (Apr '10) Mar '17 GRANDPA NICOLAI 8
News 5 Oroville Dam workers fired after posting pict... Feb '17 scooterman 4

Oroville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Oroville Mortgages