Hundreds oppose pot law: Butte County supervisors send marijuana ordinance back to the drawing board

After five hours of passionate, often accusatory and sometimes threatening public testimony, the Butte County Board of Supervisors decided to send a proposed marijuana cultivation ordinance back to the drawing board. Full Story
First Prev
of 12
Next Last
Bill Connelly says

Roseville, CA

#223 May 2, 2011
I did read 215 and am not trying to rewrite or comply with a very poorly written law I am trying and will to the best of my ability protect the innocent who are loosing their privacy, security, property values, and a way of life to some people who put their personal greed and values over the innocent.

Bill connolley emailed me that response...

So Bill will not obey the law? He refuses to comply with state law... At the costs of our freedom!!!!!
convicted pot grower

Oroville, CA

#224 Jul 11, 2012
there is no documented death dew to marijuana, some would say thats just because there is no definitive test to tell when you're high. one should note you can dose your self to death on tylenol if your trying, try all you can you can not prove a lethal dose of marijuana exists. if you drink alcohol and have a problem with pot you should just stay quiet.
convicted pot grower

Oroville, CA

#225 Jul 11, 2012
many acres of land are devoted to wine, its an epic carrier for some. marijuana is very similar. only pot growers have to deal with a stigma set by bible belt talking heads. the best realty may be that pot should be recreationally legalized for fun. same as wine, cigars, and all the other simple vanities people enjoy responsibly. cancer patients like to get the munchies same as others, but they should not be the poster example on marijuana, "medical use" should not exist. pharmacies should not have control of pot. all people should have the equal rite to choose to smoke it or choose to leave it on the shelf. as for high school kids they are not old enough to legally do anything so why should pot be different.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#226 Jul 11, 2012
Pot should be legal in every way, every way I say.
Government should have no say, I say. No say in any way. All government is wanting is for the people to pay, pay I say. It is the governments way to make the people pay. That is what I say.
convicted pot grower

United States

#227 Jul 13, 2012
Stephens1949, Green today saves tomorrow, your thoughts are great, a 28,000 thousand plant grow was busted in butte county in late june 2012. a couple dead bodes, where discovered and a single 21 year person was arrested. the cartels are the biggest problem with pot today. the cartels are also maybe the biggest supplier of pot, even with every mom and pop grow. if pot duos not legalize millions of people will get their joints worth from black market dealers, and that's money to the cartels. many growers don't like the idea of legalized pot because the profit margins may slim down. that is only true if your an idiot. the margins have already slimed down so most growers in california sell to out of state buyers. should pot be legalized in california most growers will simply grow more from lack of fear of arrest, combine that with the same out of state supply line and most growers will make more money if they can harvest a larger crop. if they would only kick the cartels out of the national parks then maybe the local growers would stand a fighting chance again. p.s I'm a little drunk right now :)

Location hidden

#228 Jul 13, 2012
Well I respect and admire your "confessional" honesty.
A lot of what you are saying does make sense. Even in your 'condition'.
California going it alone (legalizing it), you seem to say could bring more trouble of all kinds on to itself. I agree with that. It makes sense.
The federal government, I want to say, is by not totally legalizing pot is in a great way dividing our entire nation.
Could that be considered a conspiracy theory? I think so. Do people think of them as in appropriate thinking? I think so.
I think that is why I believe pot needs to be legal in every way. I want to add "GLOBALLY". Which is not our business, Nationally it is our business.
It (pot) does a lot of good. It would be funny if not so true what people say; "It/this is so good it must be illegal".
Seriously people should not be dieing over it and they are.
Personally I do not believe any of our national forests, our state forests, our local forests are "safe" any longer.
Obama has flip flopped! And my opinion is "his" boys have "run guns".
Things are getting disappointingly worse, more people are getting hurt.
Again I say in my opinion Marijuana should be legal in every way.
RibTip

Chico, CA

#229 Aug 3, 2012
Growing and selling weed is a job. Beats flipping burgers.
TYC wrote:
@ Truth
"These pot-heads are mean, nasty, and dangerous people.... These people just want a legal way to get high...that's it."
Translation:
I hope that keep this stuff illegal. If I have to quit selling weed and get a real job (shudder).... Just a few more years dodging the dea, then I can retire.
Summary:
Some of the worst prohibitionists I've ever seen are in the business themselves. Cover?
mountian man

United States

#230 Aug 28, 2012
It took years to get on the ballot, now (with the advice of counsel) there useing ordinances to get around prop 215, any counsel can pass a ordinance, maybe we should have an ordiance agianst alcohol, oh no we cant do that, after all most (IF NOT ALL OF THESE "LAWMAKERS"). drink.

Location hidden

#233 Aug 29, 2012
Make pot legal in every way. Stop the war on drugs. Law enforcement, government are the true criminals. That is my honest opinion.
llindalu

Richmond, CA

#234 Aug 30, 2012
I use marijuana to help me control my pain, I dont like taking narcotics to stop my pain. The narcotics are killing my liver.So I smoke marijuana, and eat marijuana it does not stop my pain but it helps me control my pain in evening when I dont use the narcotics. I do not smoke outside my property or when driving. I should be able to grow my own marijuana for my own consumtion. The clubs charge $300.00 plus an ounce which is outrageous, then the 10% tax $30.00 I cant afford that so I grow my own for just me.The cartiel are killing our forests and the animals that are in there growing sites, and they need to be shutdown. By me growing MY own I am not suporting the cartiel. Please dont take that right from me.

Location hidden

#235 Aug 30, 2012
llindalu wrote:
I use marijuana to help me control my pain, I dont like taking narcotics to stop my pain. The narcotics are killing my liver.So I smoke marijuana, and eat marijuana it does not stop my pain but it helps me control my pain in evening when I dont use the narcotics. I do not smoke outside my property or when driving. I should be able to grow my own marijuana for my own consumtion. The clubs charge $300.00 plus an ounce which is outrageous, then the 10% tax $30.00 I cant afford that so I grow my own for just me.The cartiel are killing our forests and the animals that are in there growing sites, and they need to be shutdown. By me growing MY own I am not suporting the cartiel. Please dont take that right from me.
Good posting! That's just how simple it is.
Personally I want anyone anywhere to grow any amount anytime for any body.
I truly believe all the laws and the government civil service law enforcement personnel enforcing the evil laws are guilty of supporting criminal cartels.
The longer they do it the less respect I will have for them and all authority. Those are dividing this nation. Mexico knows it and encourages it along with many other anti American countries around the world.
Bluntly we are at a war of our own making, for profit. I should be called a Prohibition War not a drug war. It is putting people good on probation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oroville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
School Closings: Port Huron, Marysville (Feb '08) Nov 25 hpallett 11
Men injured in Oroville shooting Nov 24 deborahughes 1
Oroville super Walmart project appeals consider... (Dec '10) Nov 13 mikmax 73
Historic Bridge Part of the Virginia Turnpike T... (Apr '14) Nov 5 American Gentlema... 2
Butte vows to defy unfunded mandates: Superviso... (Feb '09) Nov 1 backyard223 22
Gleaners hand out 5,000 pounds of salmom (Nov '10) Oct '14 kathy toledo 7
Anyone see Marvin Markle lose his sh*t yesterday? (Feb '12) Oct '14 just cause 96
Oroville Dating
Find my Match

Oroville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Oroville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Oroville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:20 am PST