Hundreds oppose pot law: Butte County supervisors send marijuana ordinance back to the drawing board

After five hours of passionate, often accusatory and sometimes threatening public testimony, the Butte County Board of Supervisors decided to send a proposed marijuana cultivation ordinance back to the drawing board. Read more

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#202 Mar 7, 2011
Sorry the first line should read "I feel that the concept that marijauna, at least the smoking variety, should be grown in small batches seems to be popular among posters to this board."

the "only" was left over from a deleted idea and wasn't noticed till after i posted it.

And no I'm not high.
Sum 1 who cares

Roseville, CA

#203 Mar 7, 2011
Nice. As for names and potency of marijuana there is a lab in Oakland that will DNA test your bud. They will tell you what THC% and a bunch of other things. Such as mold, pesticides, etc.
As for the reason to limit the shops, I really was just throughing the idea out there, just hoping to spark some business intrest.
Quick fact! There are over 2,300 pot shops in California! That's more then mcdonalds and starbucks combined!
Also the warehouse thing is not a bad idea. Storage units would be perfect. Each one has a controlled environment. As for the solar. I love it. LoL. We have to go green, not just marijuana and hemp green.. But everything.
If butte county set this up right, butte could supply to other counties and make some big tax $!
Also MMJ must stay 100% organic. If it doesn't it's just as bad as alcohol or a cigarette.
If anyone wants the link to the gentic testing website let me know. They are expensive how ever. It costs around $100 a pound. That's just to get it tested for large scale.
If you are a back yard grower it's more around 450 per test.
The future is now. We control the fate of this world, so let's do the right thing!
Green today, Saves tomorrow.
Real Deal

Chico, CA

#204 Mar 8, 2011
Chico-Guy wrote:
I am not advocating it, but if it is truly medical marijuana why not make it a prescribed drug? Instead of this middle ground no win status.
B
Because its a catch 22, have to overcome the CSA schedule 1 status of the feds and Richard Milhous Nixon's paybact to the anti-war protesters !thats why it was scheduled like this !

Roseville, CA

#206 Mar 27, 2011
Vote hemp today.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#207 Mar 27, 2011
I agree hemp needs to be legal! I sure would feel more like a free American.
As it is now....well......... you figure it out!@#$%^&*

Roseville, CA

#208 Mar 27, 2011
stephens1949 wrote:
People here need to come together and bring something to butte county officials. Even more so to California officials.

Location hidden

#209 Mar 27, 2011
Green todaySaves tomorrow wrote:
<quoted text>
People here need to come together and bring something to butte county officials. Even more so to California officials.
My friend you are right. I know you are right. But,,,, well... there is just no room at the Inn for idealist. It is going to take an act of god to move these fat people. The government has 52% of America bought off. The baby boomers will all be dead before god can act. Sadly the only hope is see is with the homeless,mean, methamphetamine, tattooed, pit bull, generation. And the cops are setting them up for a big sting and to a world of suffering as we speak. Best you try to get a job with corrections. You will get fat.

Roseville, CA

#210 Mar 27, 2011
Idealist or not, if hemp or something else just as profitable isn't utilized soon, we will be in a world of hurt. It's true that it's going to take something huge to get people to come together. Let's just pray that it isn't something so big, that it leaves future generations suffering.
We could always write the bill ourselves, then get people to back it.
stephens1949 wrote:
<quoted text>My friend you are right. I know you are right. But,,,, well... there is just no room at the Inn for idealist. It is going to take an act of god to move these fat people. The government has 52% of America bought off. The baby boomers will all be dead before god can act. Sadly the only hope is see is with the homeless,mean, methamphetamine, tattooed, pit bull, generation. And the cops are setting them up for a big sting and to a world of suffering as we speak. Best you try to get a job with corrections. You will get fat.

Roseville, CA

#211 Apr 1, 2011
stephens1949 wrote:
Hey if I give you my email will you contact me?

Location hidden

#212 Apr 1, 2011
Green todaySaves tomorrow wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey if I give you my email will you contact me?
I sent you my email address via Topix message board (the little envelopes in the upper right corner of our ID BOX) I am always happy to make friends.
After we establish a good email address connection we can cuss and discuss the hell out of our damn prohibition laws and anything else on your mind, sound good?
Just to stay on topic now I want to repeat pot needs to be legal in every way, legal to smoke, grow, sell, trade, give away to anyone anywhere anytime without fear of any law or taxation. Only by making it totally legal will we be free of the crime and corruption its illegality is causing.
Hemp is a plant that can help save our nation, as it has in past history.
High on!
sumguy

Chico, CA

#213 Apr 6, 2011
Pot smokers hear me.
The reason it is not passing is because u r turning pot reform into a sideshow.

Regain yor composure,
Take off the potleaf shirt,put on a suit,
Try again.

Nobody is going to take a bunch of clowns seareuslly, even when the messege is sound.

Fwi, I smoke pot. But I don't dress like a stoner.

Roseville, CA

#214 Apr 6, 2011
No one wants it to pass. It will ruin butte county. It's criminal.
Get taxed to grow plants! Ha. I'll sue..
Also butte county should make hemp legal.
Hemp is our future. Future gas, future jobs, future economy.
sumguy wrote:
Pot smokers hear me.
Regain yor composure,
Try again.
Nobody is going to take a bunch of clowns seareuslly, even when the messege is sound.

“Politically Incorrect”

Since: Jul 09

Chico

#215 Apr 6, 2011
sumguy wrote:
Pot smokers hear me.
Regain yor composure,
Try again.
Having been born and raised here, I know a handful of long-time growers. Back in high school in the 70's and 80's we all longed for the legalization of Cannabis. Nowadays, none of my grower friends want it fully legal because they're making way too much money off of it, which, in my opinion is a rather sick, twisted and ironic turn of events. I'm with stephens 1949, make free and legal for everybody, anywhere, all the time. Screw the politics of it and take the profit out of it, then there will be no crime surrounding it ever again.

Roseville, CA

#216 Apr 6, 2011
Push butte to legalize marijuana and hemp.
Butte county has the land to back it up. Butte county could revolutionize the industry.
That, or they could pass crap like this and screw it up. LoL
4thGenChico wrote:
<quoted text>
Having been born and raised here, I know a handful of long-time growers. Back in high school in the 70's and 80's we all longed for the legalization of Cannabis. Nowadays, none of my grower friends want it fully legal because they're making way too much money off of it, which, in my opinion is a rather sick, twisted and ironic turn of events. I'm with stephens 1949, make free and legal for everybody, anywhere, all the time. Screw the politics of it and take the profit out of it, then there will be no crime surrounding it ever again.
Last True Conservative

Chico, CA

#217 Apr 6, 2011
sumguy wrote:
Pot smokers hear me.
Regain yor composure,
Try again.
I agree. If all of the "closet smokers" stood up for their personal liberty, this issue would be resolved instantly. Most cannabis users that I have met are professionals or business owners. They still have too much to lose due to the stigma attached to cannabis use. That only leaves the drop outs and untouchables (ie..Richard Branson, Ted Turner, etc...) to be the face of cannabis. Therefore cannabis is represented by the minority of users. After cannabis is fully legalized, expect the face of cannabis to change considerably.
sumguy

Chico, CA

#218 Apr 6, 2011
4thGenChico wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya I hear the same from dealers. What a lot of conseratives don't know(or maybe just doesent want 2 know) is that if drug dealers don't have pot 2 fund thr biz', thay can't afford the trully distructive drugs(H,thiz,coke). If only the people new. Potsmokers r everyware, & making it illigal will not change that. It will only make drugdealers wealthy.
justme

Chico, CA

#219 Apr 28, 2011
Its a drug wrote:
Marijuana is a drug & should be controlled by the FDA. If determined safe & "legal" it should be available through pharmacies like other "legal" drugs.
It's ***not*** okay to smoke marijuana & drive. Please stay off our roads!
Oh, one more thing - for you cigarette smokers. Please do not expose my kids to your cigarette smoke.
Here's the scenario - It's a beautiful 70 degree day & I'm driving down the road with "fresh" air in my face, I pull up to a traffic light next to a person who's got their cigarette hanging out the window with the smoke blowing into my car. My kids & family have to breath "your" smoke. So, I have to roll up my window & close my vent in order to not breathe your smoke. This is highly annoying.
Another scenario for you - I'm going shopping with my infant baby & I'm approaching a store front such as Wal-Mart & sure enough there's a person getting their cigarette fix right in front of there store. My baby & I have to walk though your cigarette smoke.
I know it's not a big deal to cigarette smokers to be around the smoke, but it's a huge deal to me. Please roll up your window when your smoking in your car & don't smoke in public, especially around our kids. Thank you!
And..you want pot legalized? Pot smoke is okay? Do you smoke pot around your kids, too? If you walk up to walmart and see someone smoking....go in the other entrance. Walk AROUND to another door. You are certainly smart enough to figure that out, right? You don't have to actually drag your poor children through the smoke just so you have something to blog about, do you?
justme

Chico, CA

#220 Apr 28, 2011
sumguy wrote:
Pot smokers hear me.
Regain yor composure,
Try again.
Do you drive a beamer, too, and try to hide it from all your friends and family? Live in the burbs?
justme

Chico, CA

#221 Apr 28, 2011
Truth wrote:
These pot-heads are mean, nasty, and dangerous people. We all know they just like to get high. I mean, come on, the reverand for a Cannabis church? People that are on vicodin don't wear vicodin shirts or have a vicodin ministry. These people just want a legal way to get high...that's it.
They really aren't all mean and nasty. Many of them are your real estate agents, teachers, contractors, local business owners, your county prosecutors, and believe it or not....police officers. They shouldn't all be generalized in that way. Although, there are many that are in it not to get high (as you stated), but to earn a very lucrative, illegal, profit. Those that do just want to get high....aren't dangerous, mean or nasty at all. In fact, they are typically the opposite. Meth addicts are the ones that get mean and nasty. Ever seen one? encountered one on the streets? known one?

And I agree, the guy with the "ministry" is an idiot. But if you get "prescribed" vicodin, why should yours be more legal? It was produced in a laboratory (for profit) and whether you see it or not, it's promoted by your doctor who tells you it will "work" for your ailment. There are patients that abuse the pot "recommendation" and doctors that give it to anyone, just as there are patients and doctors that abuse vicodin and other prescription drugs. I don't think pot smokers should all be placed into one large, very generalized group. A drug is a drug is a drug is a drug...they all altar your mental and physical state in some way...that's what they are SUPPOSE to do. Pot is no different. Although I don't smoke pot or grow pot, I feel it is no different than the vicodin that you mention. A patient receiving vicodin just wants to get high, too, they want relief from some pain they are feeling, just like the pot patients. I definitely think there needs to be control and guidelines for pot...just like other prescription drugs. It can't continue on a "free for all" like it has.

Folsom, CA

#222 May 1, 2011
May 4th butte county is trying to pass the same bill again!!!!!

All be warned!!!! May 4th butte county will try to pass the same bull crap again....

P.s.

I'll sue butte county for all of the medication I have to buy due to that crap....

Butte county, you guys need better lawyers...
Its illegal to do what you are trying to do!!!!!

SB 420 and prop 215 rule over county laws.

Don't be stupid, you will get sued...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oroville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Oroville Tacos (Aug '14) 20 hr tamikajohnson1959 5
News Suspected gang leader arrested in Reno (Feb '10) Feb 28 fee 29
Review: Grain FED Worm Castings Feb '15 grainfed 2
Letter: Elected officials have to stop PG&E cle... Feb '15 Timothy Siegel 1
News Laser treatment that tackles toenail fungus ava... (Jan '09) Jan '15 SaTaN 166
any girls want to Skype? Jan '15 SaTaN 2
News Funeral today for homicide victims (Jul '08) Jan '15 Ridiculous Website 1 38
Oroville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Oroville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]