Hundreds oppose pot law: Butte County supervisors send marijuana ordinance back to the drawing board

After five hours of passionate, often accusatory and sometimes threatening public testimony, the Butte County Board of Supervisors decided to send a proposed marijuana cultivation ordinance back to the drawing board. Full Story
First Prev
of 12
Next Last
Truth

Sacramento, CA

#1 Feb 23, 2011
These pot-heads are mean, nasty, and dangerous people. We all know they just like to get high. I mean, come on, the reverand for a Cannabis church? People that are on vicodin don't wear vicodin shirts or have a vicodin ministry. These people just want a legal way to get high...that's it.
TYC

Victoria, TX

#2 Feb 23, 2011
@ Truth
"These pot-heads are mean, nasty, and dangerous people.... These people just want a legal way to get high...that's it."

Translation:
I hope that keep this stuff illegal. If I have to quit selling weed and get a real job (shudder).... Just a few more years dodging the dea, then I can retire.

Summary:
Some of the worst prohibitionists I've ever seen are in the business themselves. Cover?
IHATEGREEN

AOL

#3 Feb 23, 2011
This rag says she will die if she can't grow her own dope?!Give me a break!As for Stevie Boy,I would love to run into you,I'll show you another meaning of the word impeached!Who is this Reverend Raymond?These losers are testimony why no dope should be allowed to be grown in our area!If these losers think having their dope is so important,they should move to Mexico,it's much cheaper and plentiful!
TAZSGIRL

United States

#4 Feb 23, 2011
LETS GET THIS STRAIGHT, MARIJUANA IS NOT DOPE GET IT RIGHT. DOPE IS MAN MADE POT GROWS LIKE A FLOWER, GOD CREATED IT, IF YOU DONT KNOW THE DIFFERENCE DO NOT SPEAK ABOUT IT, MIND YOUR BUISNESS.
NOT EVERYBODY THAT GROWS IT SELL WE ACTUALLY USE IT FOR PAIN. THERE ARE SOME THAT TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR PROP 215, BUT THAT DOESNT MEAN WE SHOULD ALL BE PUNISHED.
TAZSGIRL

United States

#5 Feb 23, 2011
IHATEGREEN wrote:
This rag says she will die if she can't grow her own dope?!Give me a break!As for Stevie Boy,I would love to run into you,I'll show you another meaning of the word impeached!Who is this Reverend Raymond?These losers are testimony why no dope should be allowed to be grown in our area!If these losers think having their dope is so important,they should move to Mexico,it's much cheaper and plentiful!
and as for you your name is ihategreen so i guess you hate money,grass, tress everything in life. no thats sad and then you have the nerve to call a lady who is dieing of cancer a rag. who the heck r u?
you shouldnt live in cali cause its all green here baby.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#6 Feb 23, 2011
I love pot it is a religion to me, I want it legal in every way. I always will. Legal to smoke, grow, sell, give away, anywhere, any place, any time, to anybody, any age. I also believe people like our DA, law enforcement are hypocrites, big time criminals in its illegality. FOOLS ACTUALLY, FOOLS AND TOOLS.
I want hemp legal, in every way. I want it growing everywhere! In the mountains, the valley, the country side, down town, in the basement and the attic.
Anyone who does not agree with me is an idiot, flat out idiot, an undesirable low life who needs to get a life. I WILL SMOKE POT TO THAT UP UNTIL AND ON THE DAY I DIE.
Whatever happens

Paradise, CA

#7 Feb 23, 2011
I pray the BOS passes this. I work with the high schools and it has become an epidemic. Under age kids have prescriptions. You will see a lot of lost generations to come if there is not some management of this horrible addiction. You heard it first hand most of these people got off other drugs to get on this one. It is not a cure for anything and is greatly abused because the wrong people wrote the original legislation. I applaud Butte County for stepping up in this hard issue and fixing it. Trust me, many people are listening to see what happens with this ordinance.

Location hidden

#8 Feb 23, 2011
Larry Wall, you are a god damn REMP if you do not support and approve of Marijuana. It helped to kick your a-- in Vietnam and you had better realize it. It helped win the revolutionary war as well.
What kind of pilot were you? A high altitude observer, a mail carrier, some sort of teacher teaching others how to fly into combat never having to do it yourself, I want to know. I think you must have been an in the rear pilot, am I right? You have never smoke pot and you criticize others. I am glad you whipped Jane.
Its a drug

Paradise, CA

#9 Feb 23, 2011
Marijuana is a drug & should be controlled by the FDA. If determined safe & "legal" it should be available through pharmacies like other "legal" drugs.

It's ***not*** okay to smoke marijuana & drive. Please stay off our roads!

Oh, one more thing - for you cigarette smokers. Please do not expose my kids to your cigarette smoke.

Here's the scenario - It's a beautiful 70 degree day & I'm driving down the road with "fresh" air in my face, I pull up to a traffic light next to a person who's got their cigarette hanging out the window with the smoke blowing into my car. My kids & family have to breath "your" smoke. So, I have to roll up my window & close my vent in order to not breathe your smoke. This is highly annoying.

Another scenario for you - I'm going shopping with my infant baby & I'm approaching a store front such as Wal-Mart & sure enough there's a person getting their cigarette fix right in front of there store. My baby & I have to walk though your cigarette smoke.

I know it's not a big deal to cigarette smokers to be around the smoke, but it's a huge deal to me. Please roll up your window when your smoking in your car & don't smoke in public, especially around our kids. Thank you!
Green Today Saves Tomorrw

Roseville, CA

#10 Feb 23, 2011
If anything like this passes it will just increase the $ flow for illegal growers. Your all idiots if you think a bill like this will help. It goes against our STATE laws. If anything like this passes butte county will be sued. Lets face it Pot is here its legal and a lot of people need it in order to function. It even states in the bible god put all the plants man needs here. As for kids getting pot well they always have and if they have a prescription they got mom and dads permision. If you think pot should be illegal then you probably also think global warming is a joke! Come on people think for 2 seconds.. I said think not judge! Pot can be used for many things that would save this county and this country hundreds of millions if not billions.. Hemp can be used for papper and clothes as well as lumber. Also hemp seed oil can be used as an alternitive fuel. So lets sum it up. Country can save money and make money? Drugs are everywhere and will always be. I would rather see children smoking pot then drinking a beer or even something worse! Butte county is going the wrong direction.. Butte should increase the allowable plants to those who own more then an acre. This way they could grow for coops and collectives. Then the coops can pay taxes on it help the county. Instead they are trying to destroy it. Lets get our heads out of our ass's and think for 2 seconds before we judge things souly on our beliefs. This plant has healing properties as well as many other purposes and if you are to close minded to see it then just stay out of the way. Butte dont screw this up please.. The county could make a ton
IKE

United States

#11 Feb 23, 2011
stephens1949 wrote:
Larry Wall, you are a god damn REMP if you do not support and approve of Marijuana. It helped to kick your a-- in Vietnam and you had better realize it. It helped win the revolutionary war as well.
What kind of pilot were you? A high altitude observer, a mail carrier, some sort of teacher teaching others how to fly into combat never having to do it yourself, I want to know. I think you must have been an in the rear pilot, am I right? You have never smoke pot and you criticize others. I am glad you whipped Jane.
Stephen you ignorant slut! Would you want your childeren to share your views? Just the way you present an argument makes it clear you need to get off your butt and do something productive with your miserable life. If you are one of the 5% that manage pain by using canabis I am so so so sorry for this reply. Without knowing you I am sure you are somehow working the system, unemployed, drive a crappy truck with a suspended license, smoke cigerettes, spit, poach and hate the world! Now hurry up and put the Wall Street Journal down and give me your best shot!

Location hidden

#12 Feb 23, 2011
IKE wrote:
<quoted text>
Stephen you ignorant ****! Would you want your childeren to share your views? Just the way you present an argument makes it clear you need to get off your butt and do something productive with your miserable life. If you are one of the 5% that manage pain by using canabis I am so so so sorry for this reply. Without knowing you I am sure you are somehow working the system, unemployed, drive a crappy truck with a suspended license, smoke cigerettes, spit, poach and hate the world! Now hurry up and put the Wall Street Journal down and give me your best shot!
I would like to respond to your negativity but need to think a little first, I need to stop smiling so hard. But I will say, yes I would hope my children think and act as I do and smoke pot and grow hemp as well.
sam

Oroville, CA

#13 Feb 23, 2011
its all about how much money .

Location hidden

#14 Feb 23, 2011
Our local government wishes to ban or regulate something that slows a teenage driver down, imagine that!

Location hidden

#15 Feb 23, 2011
Green Today Saves Tomorrw wrote:
If anything like this passes it will just increase the $ flow for illegal growers. Your all idiots if you think a bill like this will help. It goes against our STATE laws. If anything like this passes butte county will be sued. Lets face it Pot is here its legal and a lot of people need it in order to function. It even states in the bible god put all the plants man needs here. As for kids getting pot well they always have and if they have a prescription they got mom and dads permision. If you think pot should be illegal then you probably also think global warming is a joke! Come on people think for 2 seconds.. I said think not judge! Pot can be used for many things that would save this county and this country hundreds of millions if not billions.. Hemp can be used for papper and clothes as well as lumber. Also hemp seed oil can be used as an alternitive fuel. So lets sum it up. Country can save money and make money? Drugs are everywhere and will always be. I would rather see children smoking pot then drinking a beer or even something worse! Butte county is going the wrong direction.. Butte should increase the allowable plants to those who own more then an acre. This way they could grow for coops and collectives. Then the coops can pay taxes on it help the county. Instead they are trying to destroy it. Lets get our heads out of our ****'s and think for 2 seconds before we judge things souly on our beliefs. This plant has healing properties as well as many other purposes and if you are to close minded to see it then just stay out of the way. Butte dont screw this up please.. The county could make a ton
Wonderful posting green today saves tomorrow, keep up the good fight, let us zen these bastards to hell!
Puddletrips

Ann Arbor, MI

#16 Feb 23, 2011
What is a democracy without a majority? This agenda needs to be put before the voting populace, or left alone.... I for one have seen with my own two eyes the benifits of this God given SACRAMENT. And I have been fortunate enough to meet the KIND reverend that some of you try so hard to discredit, and he is entitled to his religious beliefs. I hold similar values and cherish this naturally occuring herb. Have you ever considered the positive effects that ganja has on a violent individual? Take a look around your inner circle of loved ones.... are there not some of us( mariujana users) among you. If you want to eradicate a nasty plant from Butte county, let's begin with POISON OAK!!! The global revolution has begun people...Let's keep our dignity, and UNITE!!!
Puddletrips

Ann Arbor, MI

#17 Feb 23, 2011
Capitalism destroys a true democracy!!!
Green Today Saves Tomorrw

Roseville, CA

#18 Feb 23, 2011
Corruption destroys a true democracy. Does butte thinks charging people $800 to grow a few plants is just? Lets not forget about the $45 tag fee per plant! Everyone needs to listen up there will always be drugs. Everywhere, everykind, and everyday. Marijuana is one drug that has a positive. Fact: It can be used as a medication. And so when you look at it very seriously and think.. You should be able to see that marijuana can be used for good not evil. It has so many uses and if butte county tasks the first step and actually increase the ammount which they can do. Then butte county could be one of the first counties to get out of this recession. The tax is a horrible idea. The government should give to the people not take from the people. Butte county could give tax breaks and funding in order to invest into our people we could easily make it up with this as a crop for the community! If religion is going to be an issue for some of you look into the bible and read verse genesis 29 old testament. "And Look! I have given you the seed-bearing plants throughout the earth, and all the fruit trees for your food". Now let me ask you this... Is this a seed-bearing fruit? Does it also produce a harvest? This plant is the answer to a lot of problems we have. This can create more jobs. This plant is a must. Seriously think about it.. Look at alcohol prohibition. That was a horrible idea. Look at the damage it caused. Im not saying this would ever happen but what I am saying is.. It did not work with that. So a alcohol is better then marijuana? No way come on think again. DUI... Violence... Drunks... lets not forget children can easily get alcohol. When people smoke pot they dont want to speed. They want to relax. It helps with a wide variety of ailments. Finally.. Children will always have access to everything and thats including.. Alcohol.. Cigarettes.. Cocaine.. And alot worse.. Atleast with marijuana around do you think they will even try to get into anything more dangerous? This medication works for pretty damn much everything. Everyone knows someone who has smoked it. Talk to your neighbors or your family. Even your friends. Think before a bad vote is made. Please I am asking you all just please think about this.

Location hidden

#19 Feb 23, 2011
Green Today Saves Tomorrw wrote:
Corruption destroys a true democracy. Does butte thinks charging people $800 to grow a few plants is just? Lets not forget about the $45 tag fee per plant! Everyone needs to listen up there will always be drugs. Everywhere, everykind, and everyday. Marijuana is one drug that has a positive. Fact: It can be used as a medication. And so when you look at it very seriously and think.. You should be able to see that marijuana can be used for good not evil. It has so many uses and if butte county tasks the first step and actually increase the ammount which they can do. Then butte county could be one of the first counties to get out of this recession. The tax is a horrible idea. The government should give to the people not take from the people. Butte county could give tax breaks and funding in order to invest into our people we could easily make it up with this as a crop for the community! If religion is going to be an issue for some of you look into the bible and read verse genesis 29 old testament. "And Look! I have given you the seed-bearing plants throughout the earth, and all the fruit trees for your food". Now let me ask you this... Is this a seed-bearing fruit? Does it also produce a harvest? This plant is the answer to a lot of problems we have. This can create more jobs. This plant is a must. Seriously think about it.. Look at alcohol prohibition. That was a horrible idea. Look at the damage it caused. Im not saying this would ever happen but what I am saying is.. It did not work with that. So a alcohol is better then marijuana? No way come on think again. DUI... Violence... Drunks... lets not forget children can easily get alcohol. When people smoke pot they dont want to speed. They want to relax. It helps with a wide variety of ailments. Finally.. Children will always have access to everything and thats including.. Alcohol.. Cigarettes.. Cocaine.. And alot worse.. Atleast with marijuana around do you think they will even try to get into anything more dangerous? This medication works for pretty damn much everything. Everyone knows someone who has smoked it. Talk to your neighbors or your family. Even your friends. Think before a bad vote is made. Please I am asking you all just please think about this.
Thanks 'green today saves tomorrow' what you say makes perfect sense and what local government is doing trying to restrict is insanity,greed, and corruption of the highest order, so very evil, so very very evil! I hope Larry Wahl does not go tho hell for this crap!! He has a chance to show us he is a good person here.
Anonymous

Chico, CA

#20 Feb 23, 2011
Its a drug wrote:
Marijuana is a drug & should be controlled by the FDA. If determined safe & "legal" it should be available through pharmacies like other "legal" drugs.
It's ***not*** okay to smoke marijuana & drive. Please stay off our roads!
Oh, one more thing - for you cigarette smokers. Please do not expose my kids to your cigarette smoke.
Here's the scenario - It's a beautiful 70 degree day & I'm driving down the road with "fresh" air in my face, I pull up to a traffic light next to a person who's got their cigarette hanging out the window with the smoke blowing into my car. My kids & family have to breath "your" smoke. So, I have to roll up my window & close my vent in order to not breathe your smoke. This is highly annoying.
Another scenario for you - I'm going shopping with my infant baby & I'm approaching a store front such as Wal-Mart & sure enough there's a person getting their cigarette fix right in front of there store. My baby & I have to walk though your cigarette smoke.
I know it's not a big deal to cigarette smokers to be around the smoke, but it's a huge deal to me. Please roll up your window when your smoking in your car & don't smoke in public, especially around our kids. Thank you!
Hope you never have to give your kids antibiotics because they're a hell of a lot more dangerous to them than a little secondhand smoke. We have all been lied to for quite a few generations now about this, so don't feel bad.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oroville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 8 hr broombroom 200,977
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 17 hr scoop 2,273
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Thu zhuzhamm 5,079
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Thu Pizza 16,000
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Sep 17 Blazing saddles 7,954
beating Sep 4 psychomike 1
Council continues Walmart appeals (Dec '10) Sep 3 Andy 49
•••
•••
•••

Oroville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Oroville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE