Six teenagers arrested in Oroville home invasion robbery, homicide

Full story: Oroville Mercury-Register

Six boys whose ages range from 14 to 16 were arrested Thursday in connection with a home invasion robbery where an elderly man was beaten and later died.
Comments
161 - 180 of 181 Comments Last updated Jan 23, 2014
Stopped at Gun point

Colorado Springs, CO

#171 Mar 26, 2010
Bullwinkle wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't give these kids enough credit. Fact is they are very smart. They've been doing this for over 3 years. There are over 11 I know so far. Over 11 persons, and over 3 years of getting away with it. That sounds organized and sounds like a gang to me. Police and prosecuter aren't going to tell you this cuz it would put their career on the line for letting it go too far before they did anything about it. Yes, you should really open your eyes. Walk the talk. I know victims who's assaults from this group were not addressed by the authorities over the past 3 years. I encourage all victims who had the same experience to tell their story on this post. It is horrible to feel helpless when the law does nothing to help or protect you.
It was November 24, 2007 between 5pm to 8pm when my family got robbed. Luckliy I wasn't home. I, myself, would probably have become a dead man sleeping in a casket if I didn't go to my cousin's house. Prior to this day, these kids (fucken theives) roll by our place everyday at the street for some odd reason. Maybe they were walking to a friend's house near from us? I don't know. Then finally on the 24th of that Saturday, everyone planned to go out of town, attend the wedding, and go out. So I went to my wife's sister's wedding that day. Left the house around 12 pm. Then after the wedding, I was dead tired. Came home with my grandparents and no one was home. Minutes later they had to go visit family in Sacramento. They asked me if I wanted to go with them, go to my cousin's house, or "stay home by myself". Stay home by myself? Man. I wanted to stay so bad because I already crashed on the couch comfortably. I told them that I will stay. But my grandmother keeps telling me to go somewhere, but not home by myself. After having to repeatedly telling me to go, I finally went to go hang out at my cousin's house. Then it was minutes after 8pm when my grandparents came back from Sacramento, they found their door pryed open and many of our goods were stolen. They stole so much cash. It was unbelievable to have loss so much. It was very overwhelming. Since that day. I've always felt so angered. I can't do nothing about it, but to be angry at them. None of the stuff that we lost didn't come back to us after they caught a few of them. We try to file claims from the insurance company, but (I don't know about this part of the story) didn't get our things replaced. Because of the tragic murder of the old innocent man and of the many people and families who were victims of these kids robbery, I pray and hope that God will punish these kids equal to the amount they have brought agony and pain to us all.
Stopped at Gun point

Colorado Springs, CO

#172 Mar 26, 2010
Look Around wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. You do know so much! You really are smarter than the authorities. Organized crime that hit helpless victims. Ha. What? Yeah, they really hit the motherload. Got a whole thousand buckaroos from Frank. They're stupid kids who screwed up and now they're going to get what they deserve. Why don't you just leave it at that? Or not, and live the rest of your life, hating every Asian kid you see.
I wish you worked for the authorities. You could've gotten these delinquents before they killed someone. I wonder if you knew about the home invasion since you followed them everywhere.
I feel really safe knowing there's a super-crime-fighter out there!
Stop your non-sense. Either you're for them or against them. He never mentioned and specified "ASIAN". for these kids. I follow the same ethnicity group they do. My family is a victim themselves. You ain't know shit cause you aren't a victim. You're probably someone close to these guys thats why you are defending them so much. Quit you're retarded come backs.
Stopped at Gun point

Colorado Springs, CO

#173 Mar 26, 2010
IRRITATED wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you!!!
Bullshit. The response you made by thanking Superman_Guy about giving them a second chance is stupid. no second chance. Put these kids story in a more understanding comparison. It's like if someone killed your dad or brother or someone you loved. Let's put your "feelings" and "wise" decision into a position different than yours. So you are willing to go up to them and say,"Ooohh! It's ok that you killed my loved one. I forgive you. You deserve a second chance because you didn't know any better." How does that sound? Exactly. Not as happy as you thought right. If you think I'm wrong then you're basically saying fuck you to your families and loved ones.
Stopped at Gun point

Colorado Springs, CO

#174 Mar 26, 2010
Miss Hmong wrote:
<quoted text>
What f**k like i give a ****... for a good example: drink and drive or hit and run away... what the f**k is that... it not only hmong people that kill people i mean look at it the world have many different of crimes and justice already... look deep and you will know what i mean... only time will tell... what around come around....
oh miss hmong....STFU!!! Before i start. I would like to say that i'm hmong too. You don't make any sense at all and you are making us look bad. Put a cock in your happy ass mouth and STFU!! You're not making it any better.
Family

Davis, CA

#175 Apr 20, 2010
Tobi wrote:
To all the comments about the parents should be punished for raising such creatures. Have you guys ever heard of the saying "Created the body, not the mind/heart". Its true that they gave birth to kids who turned out to be criminals but we still can't blame them; for they had no involvement in the crime. For example a 23 year old kills a dozen kids at school, should the parents of the 23 year old be punished for raising a killer? I doubt not and since when did parents get dragged into crimes that their kids have committed.
EXACTLY!
Hu-mongs

Chico, CA

#176 Apr 27, 2010
you mom B wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not a known fact that asians are the worst. For a fact, african-american are the worst. i'm not racist, just trying to correct you to get your story straight. by the way, these kids we're not not gangs!!!
You just contradicted your whole paragraph!
PokeMon

Chico, CA

#177 Apr 27, 2010
SUPERMAN_GUY wrote:
i forgot to add...the reason why they should get a 2nd chance...all u moms, dads, aunt, uncle, grandma, grandpa, relatives out there...what if 1 of the teen's were someone u knew...wouldn't u want for others to give them that 2nd chance...we all know they took the wrong road...but its never too late...plz give them that 2nd chance
No they should not get another chance, i'm sure the old guy wants another chance, but he's not getting it. So these kids that took his life should not be getting any thoughts of second chances. if i were their mom, dad, aunt, uncle, grandma, grandpa, relative out there, i would be so ashamed, disgraced, and would disown my kids. to sum it up, justice would only be served if they get life in prison, and to add they should be tried as adults!
letsGo

Chico, CA

#178 Apr 27, 2010
D Baumann wrote:
Dispose of these savage animal children. We don't need them in society. Their parents should be sterilized as well to avoid any more mistakes.
You're saying like you're so Perfect. What if it were your kids, should you be sterilized as well? it's not the parents fault for their kids action. do you control your kids??, do you blame yourself for their action?? What if your son/daughter had commited a murder crime? would you blame yourself for their actions? exactly. so it's their own, not the parents.

P.S. You Got Served!
letsGo

Chico, CA

#179 Apr 27, 2010
OpenYourEyes wrote:
<quoted text>
This is unfortunate news. Apparently you knew about all the crimes they committed and said nothing to the authorities. You knew all their license plate numbers and reported nothing. You should be to blame then. You apparently know his girlfriend too, because you claim she logged in and changed his myspace account picture. You knew so much and said nothing, your silence caused all this trouble and the homicide of an helpless old man. You talk but fail to walk, your information could've led to the arrest of these boys sooner. Everybody knows what organized crime is, these buys aren't capable of that; they have no connection anywhere. They couldn't break into that cash register, all they took was a box of cigars. They weren't dealing guns/drugs, they had no money. Any "smart" mobster would know how to do this, you give them too much credit. Just because they outsmarted you doesn't mean they outsmarted everyone. If you had opened your eyes and said something sooner, all of this could've been stopped. You should be ashamed...walk away now with your head down.
You Stupid Hu-mong you got Pwned. i like this response, i am Hu-mong myself and i agree with you!
letsGo

Chico, CA

#180 Apr 27, 2010
Nicole wrote:
Why would you jugde some one when you dont know them. Thats the biggest mistake people do in this life time!!! Get it through your heads that some people they do have a heart but are just to scared to show it in front of their friends so they show off. Teenagers these days wont admit it but yet they all still show off and try to look better than other people. Dont jugde some one unless you really know them.. or else its disrespectfull.. most people say that they are but really.. people arent.. they jusst dont see te truth and have to see where people come from and not just from one position.. Botton line: You shouldnt jugde someone unless you really know the real them! To parents or a cousin brother sister, or just being a good friend, what if they were close to you and locked up??? Wouldnt you feel sad and everything too???
umm bottom line is that you judge people by their actions, and their actions took a life of an old man.
wow

United States

#181 Dec 4, 2010
They are not disgusting animls. They just made a mistake and they need to stop being talkd about like that!
hmmm

Redding, CA

#182 Jul 26, 2012
it was a sickening twist of fate. i knew some of these kids. they are NOT gang members and there is NO "big kuhuna" behind all this, despite what the media may say. their parents/gaurdians are fine people. these kids have had hard lives and apparently weren't able to adapt to the adversity in this town, but there is no excuse for what these kids have done. because they have brothers and sisters alike who are scholoars and have succeeded. It just happened to be the wrong group of individuals to be together. and these individuals just happened to take things too far and make incredibly stupid decisions. Everyone, including their family, all wished none of this ever happened and EVERYONE is disappointed. it is an unfortunate thing for everyone. The people jumping to conclusions and ridiculing an entire ethnic group for this is just fueling the fire that leads to these kinds of tragedys. they will get the punishment they deserve and hopefully we can all learn and grow from this tragedy. god bless.
hmmm

Redding, CA

#183 Jul 26, 2012
Too Bad So Sad wrote:
First off to the above poster. It was nice for a change to have someone of HMONG decent actually post civilized. Thank You.
Now as for this being a white dominated society, sorry not so. In fact whites are quickly becoming a minority in more than one way.
I find your statement about being ashamed of your culture for something some murderes did that you do not even know, is really carrying your culture card too far.
I have never apologized for the actions of someone or something that has absolutely Nothing to do with me personally. I sure am not embarrassed over what the freaks in my race do.
This is why this and other threads are distrubing, the race card being played. More so by the HMONG posters on here. Defending or making excuses right and left.
It not only shows there are more like these six out there, but it is insulting the the victims family, friends and overall morality.
it is less shame than embarassment and safety. it has nothing to do with playing the race card. the only people bringing up the race card are the white people who "claim hmongs are bringing up the race card" which is entirely not the case. the truth of the matter is that this crime caused by these STUPID KIDS which happen to be hmong, puts the hmong people in danger in this community, because of the way people think. people associate hmong with these kids and automatically react in a hostile way to any hmong person they see. this community is not really the most inviting place to be as a minority. This IS a very white dominated society. maybe the population and percentages are changing, but the people in powerful positions are still caucasian.
Catt

Oroville, CA

#185 Mar 8, 2013
profiling wrote:
I've heard these piles of waste are of asian decent. Anyone hear the same?
What does that have to do with anything?
annoyed

Chico, CA

#186 Mar 9, 2013
hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
it is less shame than embarassment and safety. it has nothing to do with playing the race card. the only people bringing up the race card are the white people who "claim hmongs are bringing up the race card" which is entirely not the case. the truth of the matter is that this crime caused by these STUPID KIDS which happen to be hmong, puts the hmong people in danger in this community, because of the way people think. people associate hmong with these kids and automatically react in a hostile way to any hmong person they see. this community is not really the most inviting place to be as a minority. This IS a very white dominated society. maybe the population and percentages are changing, but the people in powerful positions are still caucasian.
"the truth of the matter is that this crime caused by these STUPID KIDS which happen to be hmong, puts the hmong people in danger in this community, because of the way people think. people associate hmong with these kids and automatically react in a hostile way to any hmong person they see."

Are your comments associated solely with Oroville? Because your sweeping statement includes a LOT of people. I live near Chico but haven't observed kids or adults "automatically react in a hostile way to any hmong person they see" and I feel I'm a fairly capable observer. And I guess I just feel most peope are better than that.

Or are you speaking, instead, of a few people of low intelligence and moral values you may find anywhere, and it just so happens you live in or near Oroville?

Or maybe there's a special situation in Oroville, unlike Chico and other cities, that makes it unique, that you can share with us?
Hates Tamales

Chico, CA

#188 Mar 9, 2013
BTW ... what ever happened to these little commie gooks
Hates Tamales

Chico, CA

#189 Mar 9, 2013
Catt wrote:
<quoted text>
What does that have to do with anything?
It has a lot to do with it. Just like Hispanics these people come here from an uncivilized part of the world where human life has no meaning.
annoyed

Chico, CA

#190 Mar 10, 2013
Miss Hmong wrote:
<quoted text>
What f**k like i give a shit... for a good example: drink and drive or hit and run away... what the f**k is that... it not only hmong people that kill people i mean look at it the world have many different of crimes and justice already... look deep and you will know what i mean... only time will tell... what around come around....
Yes. Your karma will "come around" to your children....white or Hmong.
annoyed

Chico, CA

#192 Mar 10, 2013
"OpenYourEyes wrote:

<quoted text>
This is unfortunate news. Apparently you knew about all the crimes they committed and said nothing to the authorities. You knew all their license plate numbers and reported nothing. You should be to blame then. You apparently know his girlfriend too, because you claim she logged in and changed his myspace account picture. You knew so much and said nothing, your silence caused all this trouble and the homicide of an helpless old man. You talk but fail to walk, your information could've led to the arrest of these boys sooner. Everybody knows what organized crime is, these buys aren't capable of that; they have no connection anywhere. They couldn't break into that cash register, all they took was a box of cigars. They weren't dealing guns/drugs, they had no money. Any "smart" mobster would know how to do this, you give them too much credit. Just because they outsmarted you doesn't mean they outsmarted everyone. If you had opened your eyes and said something sooner, all of this could've been stopped. You should be ashamed...walk away now with your head down. "

Thank you so much....very easy to understand.

So, instead of bearing the "small" shame when these children were younger, you allow the "secret" shame to grow and grow until it becomes large enough to shame an entire culture?

Those of honor in the Hmong community must teach others the problems caused to their children in this new culture are not a dishonor to their families, but a sickness to be cured.
Justice

United States

#193 Jan 18, 2014
Wow, did you guys even know that the oldest kid got set up by the younger ones? The one the officials claim to be the HMONG MAFIA BOSS? Jesaden Lor, and his friends planned to use him as the scape goat aftet a day of intoxicating himself. Mr. Lor admitted that his attorney and the DA told him and his brother and the younger defendants,to blame the oldest as the leader. Lor, said The oldest was sleepng intoxcated while they commited the crime. The oldest is their outcast friend from Fresno. Moved to Oroville in 2008. Know the facts before you speak. Theres an innocent kid doing time for friends who made a decision he had no involvement in. This is crazy.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oroville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 4 hr lechezz 4,998
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 7 hr Tank ever 7,926
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 7 hr landluber suck 200,576
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Aug 26 matches lighters 15,961
Anyone see Marvin Markle lose his sh*t yesterday? (Feb '12) Aug 24 jram1970 88
Recent reports of bodies found/murders in Orovi... Aug 19 Justsaying 1
Review: VALLEY HOME CENTERS Aug 16 Scott Alexander 1
•••
•••
•••

Oroville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Oroville People Search