Six teenagers arrested in Oroville ho...

Six teenagers arrested in Oroville home invasion robbery, homicide

There are 181 comments on the Oroville Mercury-Register story from Feb 26, 2010, titled Six teenagers arrested in Oroville home invasion robbery, homicide. In it, Oroville Mercury-Register reports that:

Six boys whose ages range from 14 to 16 were arrested Thursday in connection with a home invasion robbery where an elderly man was beaten and later died.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Oroville Mercury-Register.

“An Erudite Hillbilly”

Since: Mar 08

Lake Oroville, CA

#22 Feb 27, 2010
Devstr wrote:
If these misfits are "gangsters" I'm pretty sure there is a "Big kahuna" plotting these burglaries with them.
Big Kahuna? Most likely a "Half-pint Huh-mong".
batman

Paradise, CA

#23 Feb 28, 2010
gary wrote:
<quoted text>
Good old Batman...... you can always count on him trying to stir the old "Oroville is terrible" pot.....what an idiot!!! You wouldn't have had a word to say about it if it happened somewhere else, would you???
Haha it is terrible town !!! Gary im sure you would know that right, gee i thought Oroville was the gold city but no theres kids beating up an elderly man to death, breaking down mail boxes, and not to mention the old meth labs that you hillbillys have
Devstr

United States

#24 Feb 28, 2010
Tim Pro wrote:
<quoted text>
Big Kahuna? Most likely a "Half-pint Huh-mong".
Huh-mong folk like those in good ol' Eastwood's Gran Turino?
localgirldoesgoo d

United States

#25 Feb 28, 2010
To Bat Man. All you have done here is lower your own selfworth. You're about as pathetic as they come. Do you have a clue about the violence that goes on in good ol Marysville or do you only concern yourself with other towns? If you thought before you started typing away, you would have caught on to the fact that these crimes were not committed by natives of Oroville.
99% of the kids born or raised here, NEVER get into major trouble. And unlike your simple mind, they see the good here and appreciate it. You say its soooo bad, yet we have thriving businesses owned by local people, our lake Oroville supplies water to a great portion of southern california, we have mills, canneries, manufactures, and artists that ship products worldwide, million dollar lake houses, rivers, hiking, fishing. Gee, it sounds like you dont have a clue about our town.
Next time before you say something, or try to trash another town, maybe you should make an educated decision whether you really have two feet to stand on or are you just going to sound plain stupid. Cause frankly right now you sound like an idiot.
Susie

Elk Grove, CA

#26 Feb 28, 2010
Wow that is so sad. I feel bad for the old man. and I hope they throw the book at those PUNKS!!!!
Name thier names

United States

#27 Feb 28, 2010
When a crime as bad as this has occured being a juvenial should not matter. Give up thier names. They knew what they were doing was wrong. They lost their rights for protection when they took the first step into crime. And committing murder.For what? Just because they could. A gang of thugs age makes no difference. Our safty does. Knowing thier identaties is giving the public a sence of awareness and equal justice to the victoms rights.
gary

Ukiah, CA

#28 Feb 28, 2010
batman wrote:
<quoted text>Haha it is terrible town !!! Gary im sure you would know that right, gee i thought Oroville was the gold city but no theres kids beating up an elderly man to death, breaking down mail boxes, and not to mention the old meth labs that you hillbillys have
And this coming from soneone who's posting from Marysville, lol.
Saddened

United States

#30 Feb 28, 2010
localgirldoesgood wrote:
To Bat Man. All you have done here is lower your own selfworth. You're about as pathetic as they come. Do you have a clue about the violence that goes on in good ol Marysville or do you only concern yourself with other towns? If you thought before you started typing away, you would have caught on to the fact that these crimes were not committed by natives of Oroville.
99% of the kids born or raised here, NEVER get into major trouble. And unlike your simple mind, they see the good here and appreciate it. You say its soooo bad, yet we have thriving businesses owned by local people, our lake Oroville supplies water to a great portion of southern california, we have mills, canneries, manufactures, and artists that ship products worldwide, million dollar lake houses, rivers, hiking, fishing. Gee, it sounds like you dont have a clue about our town.
Next time before you say something, or try to trash another town, maybe you should make an educated decision whether you really have two feet to stand on or are you just going to sound plain stupid. Cause frankly right now you sound like an idiot.
Thank you! It's nice to see someone stand up and say something positive about the Oroville community. When something tragic like this happens in a community, sometimes people forget all of the positive things that happen there the majority of the time. Thanks for reminding us.
Bill W

Chico, CA

#31 Feb 28, 2010
I share your anger about this and at these ruthless perps. However, you are misinformed about a few things. For one thing, most Hmong receive refugee assistance, only occasionally with other welfare benefits. Also, note many Hmong children are outstanding students and athletes in our schools, and outstanding citizens as well. Certainly they have their bad apples, but don't all groups? What ethnic group did the parents who beat their 7 year old adopted daughter to death belong to? And the parents who immigrated from southeast Asia did so because they helped the US fight the Vietnamese communists in the jungles of that area. Hmong boys as young as 9 or 10 were recruited and trained by CIA and US military to fire M-16s and use the other weapons of war to fight for America. Many died, some families lost several sons fighting the NVA. After the US left, these Hmong were hated and hunted by the NVA and later by the Khmer Rouge. They fled to refugee camps in Thailand or elsewhere, and the US gave them refuge so they wouldn't be ethnically "cleansed" by those who hated them for helping America.
Now I understand you're mad about this crime. I am too. I want to see the perps sentenced to life in adult prisons. Yes, with good behavior they will be out in 8 years (I believe what they did is, at most, 2nd degree homicide), on parole and hopefully under supervision. That's all the law allows, I believe. If it is more or less, it will be up to the courts and juries to decide. But let's not hold all Hmongs responsible for the acts of these idiots. We are, I hope, better people than that.
Bill W

Chico, CA

#32 Feb 28, 2010
My post, #31 above, was a reply to Bullwinkle, # 29 above.
Bullwinkle

Redding, CA

#33 Feb 28, 2010
Bill W wrote:
My post,#31 above, was a reply to Bullwinkle,# 29 above.
You have some good points Bill. There are good apples and bad apples. If I go to the grocery store I can determine which apples are good, and which apples are rotten. Unfortunately with these kids you can't tell the good from the bad, so the best solution is to stop importing all the apples from the source. You demonstrate exactly my point. You want to feel sorry for these people and help them over here to the detriment of people like me. I'm not mad at any race. I'm mad at our government for medeling in other countries affairs that started the wars, that created the refugee's, that created the gangs, that deal drugs to our children,and rob and kill us.
localgirldoesgoo d

United States

#34 Feb 28, 2010
Saddened wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you! It's nice to see someone stand up and say something positive about the Oroville community. When something tragic like this happens in a community, sometimes people forget all of the positive things that happen there the majority of the time. Thanks for reminding us.
Your welcome. Thank you too. I was born and raised in this town along with two brothers and numberous cousins. None of us ever got into trouble, we all have our teeth, we own businesses, homes, and we love it here. None of us are on welfare and none have ever been. It just makes me sick to hear the comments about "how horrible Oroville is" I just want to tell those people "Crime is everywhere, welcome to planet earth".
asiankid

Chico, CA

#38 Mar 1, 2010
this is ridiculous. those kids should trial as adults. This is going to give a bad rep. for us Asians. Dumb kids!
concerned parent

Redding, CA

#39 Mar 1, 2010
What schools did they go to?
anna

Reedley, CA

#40 Mar 1, 2010
The Bible declares that those who take a life, intentionally or in the commission of another crime, should be put to death. Following this would surely save a lot of money and future heartaches. Being 'soft' on crime just causes more crime.

And to Tobi, a 23 yr old is an adult and no longer under parental care or control. However not so with these boys. They were 14-16. Why weren't their parents controling (ie supervising, being aware of their activities and guiding and directing them). If they had been doing their job, this wouldn't have happened. So, yes they, the parents, are responsible.

It would be no different if you had a dog prone to cause damage and you let him run free. You would be responsible for the damage and loss.
Ros1

Oroville, CA

#41 Mar 1, 2010
Why is it when a crime occurs and the culprit(s) is/are X race, people go crazy and give history lessons and totally talk crap about the race? My grandfather, god rest his soul, came here from Italy and was bashed by british and irish folk just because of his background? Just because he came from another country and doesn't speak english well he's illiterate and wont be able to perform? It's just sad that you folks don't just ridicule the criminals but instead their race. So we blame their people because those boys murdered that poor man? Being a racist makes you no different. As for welfare, i am sure people of just about any background have seeked aid from the government. White, Black, Brown, Yellow, Red whatever..we are the same. However, back on topic, these kids should be tried as adults. Knowing what they have done they deserves no sympathy.
Wooie

Newark, NJ

#42 Mar 1, 2010
Bullwinkle wrote:
My sympathy to Frank and his family. This is a very sad happening. This is a deep rooted problem in the USA today. These kids are animals. They have no heart or soul. They are a product of bringing refugees over from other countries that don't belong here and putting them on welfare. In the Hmong community many of these first generation refugees never learn to speak English. They spit out babies to stay on welfare. I hear there is a 5 year cap on welfare, but I've known people on welfare for over 20 years, and there children get married as young as 14 years of age and spit out babies an go on welfare. The first generation refuges that don't speak English have children that don't speak Hmong. There is no communication between the children and the parents. Thus no supervision. The children see the parents ripping off the government and think it is OK to rip off other people. Everything in America is free and should belong to them without hard work. Butte County rolls out generous welfare programs to attract these people here. In Sacramento County and Santa Clara County they roll out the welfare programs for the Vietnamese people. And in Southern CA. they have programs to attract more people from Vietnam and Mexico. All coming here to milk our government and roll out gangster babies to rob and kill us hard working citizens on our tax dollar. Sorry if this sound racist but it is the cold hard truth. I've observed this pattern for over 25 years. My eyes are open. People need to stop being politically correct and afraid to offend someone by telling what is true.
These kids belong to the Hmong Mafia,(HM). This is the teen age part of the gang. They are trained by Hmong Mafia Society,(HMC) Take a look at this MySpace page: http://www.myspace.com/del2cute This guy is the HM Boss. He is not shy about it. He puts it where anyone can see. He is also known as the "Shot Caller". The one who give out the orders.
Talk to a few teenagers. Do some keyword searches on MySpace. It's not rocket science to find this stuff out. It is ashamed someone had to die before they were taken off the streets. Article says they arrested 6 that were affiliated with a group of 11 others. My question is what are the 5 others still doing on the street.
Sorry if I offended anyone. But this is the truth, and I'm fed up. USA needs to stop trying to save the world and focus on helping their own citizens.
I'm all for being politically incorrect. I know just as many neo nazi tweaker baby poopers and career welfare sucks as I do any of the others. Somewhere down the line thier elders came from somewhere else. But until the welfare system which was once a good idea for a few who needed it badly became the freebee handouts that allow any of these people to keep the drug dealers. liquor stores and prisons in business. Pooping babies is just a tool to get at it. There is plenty of birth control available, much of it free to prevent this, but then they wouldn't get thier handouts. After all, you can just dump the welp somewhere and claim someone stole them and murdered them if they find someone else to support them.
Claudia

Yuba City, CA

#43 Mar 1, 2010
Back in the day, people were more scared of doing crimes because they knew they'd be punished severely... as in death. Now, people don't care because they know all they'll do is end up in a nice, air conditioned prison cell with great food and cable! These kids need to be executed! What an awful thing for this elderly man to have to go through! Imagine if this happened to your grandpa. I have no hate for these boys, but they definitely need to pay the consequences for their actions!!
Gagthemaggot

Chico, CA

#44 Mar 1, 2010
Hi my name is Lance Daniel and I'd like to be your new DA. I've been a defense attorney for the last 20 years but i think I can learn to be a good DA.

First I think we should think about these poor teenagers in terms of their victimhood.

Second I think they should be remanded to the custody of their paretnt because we don't want them to be expose to prison where they will learn bad things.

Third I think maybe some scholarship funds should be set up for these children so they have hope for a good future.

Finally, I hope you will all vote for me for your DA. I'm on their side...I mean your side now!
marty wilson

Gridley, CA

#45 Mar 1, 2010
When are you people going to WAKE_UP! why is it that the system still protects the identity of young criminals just because they are under eighteen.What is wrong with you people! Show us concerned citizens who they are.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oroville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man shot multiple times in Berry Creek a disputea (Dec '16) Jul 14 Rhino 4
News Homeless ousted from camp (Feb '09) Jul 10 TownWitch 93
FYI: Cali residents are entitled to payments wh... Jun '17 Chico Bandito 1
News Early-morning fire destroys Bucks Lake Lodge (Jan '10) Jun '17 Missey 24
News A a safea space to shoot up: Worth a try in Cal... Jun '17 Jane 1
News Pot grow raided in south Oroville (Sep '08) Jun '17 Shilo 178
BECAREFULL tenage GIRLS!!! in MARYSVILLE!!! (Jul '08) May '17 Williamsville 4

Oroville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance