DNA evidence clears man of rape charges

DNA evidence didn't match the defendant in an alleged rape of a 75-year-old Oroville woman, so the Butte County District Attorney's Office dismissed the case Wednesday. Full Story
Mary

Chico, CA

#1 Jan 20, 2011
How could Stacy Edwards not think that Maxine Litton was not lying when Maxine admitted lying to her. Maxine has been a bar fly most of her life and Oroville trash. She should have to answer for her actions let her stay in jail for 8 months. Dennis Hopper lost everything his jobs, reputation and God knows what else. I find it amazing that the news media blast his picture all over the television and newspapers but then put the dimissal information on the third page that is justice. Stacy Edwards did a fantastic job and so did Grady Davis and I thank the both of them.
Harry

Chico, CA

#2 Jan 20, 2011
What a freaking nightmare to be falsely accused of something like that.
Friend

Sacramento, CA

#3 Jan 20, 2011
This is horrible this should be on the News that he was wrongly accused. So he might have a chance of rebuilding his life. I have known him for years and yes Dennis has his wild side but Rape NO WAY. I hope the woman that accused him gets into trouble, She has ruined his life and should get in trouble.
Disgusted

Chico, CA

#4 Jan 21, 2011
There should be justice for Dennis Hopper. Why Ramsey the big guy wouldn't file charge against Maxine Litton when he sure didn't have a problem filing charges against Dennis. When this first went to court even the judge said this is a very strange case and yet Ramsey if he would of read the information should of never filed the charges. The discovery showed she gave three different stories to three different police officers. I'm wondering how false claims of rape are filed each year. They waste the counties time and money and ruin peoples lives. When is there going to be justice for the person that is accused. Even tho the DNA cleared him there will be many that stilll believe he did it. Having your picture plastered all over the TV and newspapers the ER didn't plaster it when they found him innocent. What kind of screwed up newspaper is the ER. I know certain news sell newspapers but people want to believe in the justice system and hear about the good news. Come on ER plaster the good news.
Rippin

Sacramento, CA

#5 Jan 22, 2011
Disgusted wrote:
There should be justice for Dennis Hopper. Why Ramsey the big guy wouldn't file charge against Maxine Litton when he sure didn't have a problem filing charges against Dennis. When this first went to court even the judge said this is a very strange case and yet Ramsey if he would of read the information should of never filed the charges. The discovery showed she gave three different stories to three different police officers. I'm wondering how false claims of rape are filed each year. They waste the counties time and money and ruin peoples lives. When is there going to be justice for the person that is accused. Even tho the DNA cleared him there will be many that stilll believe he did it. Having your picture plastered all over the TV and newspapers the ER didn't plaster it when they found him innocent. What kind of screwed up newspaper is the ER. I know certain news sell newspapers but people want to believe in the justice system and hear about the good news. Come on ER plaster the good news.
This is what happens when we empower women. It gives them a sense of entitlement. A claim of rape and even sexual harassment is now a weapon. It can destroy a person while having no merit whatsoever. Society has become so sensitive towards the plight of "minorities" that we so often forget INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY. Unfortunately, nobody cares that the accused also has rights. Most just want to assume if someone says it happened, then it happened. Let's keep empowering women and every ethnic class other than caucasion and eventually we'll have complete anarchy!
Wipeout

Santa Clara, CA

#6 Jan 22, 2011
Who knows it could be the same thing with hat Willows pries, he may be set up or at least hat rape claim may be a similar lie on him.
Wipeout

Santa Clara, CA

#7 Jan 22, 2011
Rippin, when it comes to any sex crime, or alleged crime agains females of an age, you already lost before going into the courtroom or facing a jury. Plus the cops along with the witnesses or the person who brought charges will lie together against you to make sure. This happened to me for talking online to a girl. Her mom and cops woule constantly lie ane my lawyer woule never call them on it in that court so ai had to plea to something even though the daughter I was talking to wqs messaging and talking go me first like 90% of the time.
rew

Redding, CA

#8 Jan 23, 2011
Let's face it, Mike Ramsey has become a total bumbler, as this case proves. He was going to try an innocent man, as the DNA evidence proved. But now he's claiming they just don't have enough evidence. If you screw up, you screw up, just admit it. Ramsey has had this job for too long, he's way-over-the-hill, everybody knows it.
dennis hopper

Chico, CA

#9 Jan 25, 2011
I praise God for the people who stood behind me. As for the justice system I never in my life would of looked at them like I do now. The DA did her job and helped my lawyer Grady Davis to find the truth. It took 9 months but those 9 months were probably the best nine months I had in years. I learned from Jessie Watson exatly what humbling your self is and never in my life have I read the bible and now I can talk the bible with just about anybody. It is going to be very hard to reajust but I have been through worse. God Bless You
u TRY it

Chico, CA

#10 Jan 25, 2011
dennis hopper wrote:
I praise God for the people who stood behind me. As for the justice system I never in my life would of looked at them like I do now. The DA did her job and helped my lawyer Grady Davis to find the truth. It took 9 months but those 9 months were probably the best nine months I had in years. I learned from Jessie Watson exatly what humbling your self is and never in my life have I read the bible and now I can talk the bible with just about anybody. It is going to be very hard to reajust but I have been through worse. God Bless You
Dennis,
That was good of you to clear the air. As you can see everybody assumes a frame up by the DA. The DDA's job is to prosecute cases, yes. They also follow law and are not interested in putting innocent people in jail, despite what a few people think. Anybody have any idea how many cases come across the DDA's desk everyday? Cases that have to be read through researched and investigated further. Not an easy job by any stretch of the imagination.
Add to all that, victim's and suspects sometimes lie or sometimes perceive the wrong things or are emotionality unstable or are on drugs/alcohol or have an ax to grind. It can be difficult to sort out the truth. If your a cop at the beginning of all this, when the emotions are flying and people are either lying or mistaken it can be really difficult to sort out. Especially rape cases, especially when alcohol or drugs are involved or the victim or suspect are of questionable character. There is still a duty to investigate no matter what the case. There is no perfect solution for investigating these cases, try balancing the fate of the victim and alleged suspect on a tightrope while trying to sort out fact from fiction given all the above variables.
Eli Devlin

Oroville, CA

#11 Dec 12, 2013
Dennis youre still a piece of sh**. you owe me money. period. You aint nothin but a loser and a punk. You old sorry lame.Wait til i catch u. THIS GUY IS A PUNK.
Lord Have Mercy

Grass Valley, CA

#12 Dec 12, 2013
Disgusted wrote:
There should be justice for Dennis Hopper. Why Ramsey the big guy wouldn't file charge against Maxine Litton when he sure didn't have a problem filing charges against Dennis..
Because of the VAWA 'Violence Against Womens Act', Thank you joe dickhead biden, there is no means of retribution for men falsly accused of anything against a woman.
Because of this? Perjury is no longer a crime for women.
The famikly law courts use it all the time against men who want to be responsible fathers to their children!
http://www.fathers-4-justice.org/
robert h

Oroville, CA

#13 Dec 12, 2013
Ya this guy DENNIS HOPPER is a loser and needs to be smashed on. He is a repeat child molester and has been for years. Sorry to all you people who think you know him.you dont. I know for a fact that he likes to touch young boys, hes been doin it since the 80's.
sean pemberton

Oroville, CA

#14 Dec 31, 2013
Mary wrote:
How could Stacy Edwards not think that Maxine Litton was not lying when Maxine admitted lying to her. Maxine has been a bar fly most of her life and Oroville trash. She should have to answer for her actions let her stay in jail for 8 months. Dennis Hopper lost everything his jobs, reputation and God knows what else. I find it amazing that the news media blast his picture all over the television and newspapers but then put the dimissal information on the third page that is justice. Stacy Edwards did a fantastic job and so did Grady Davis and I thank the both of them.
ALL I gotta say is YOU are one STUPID B**ch!
IGNORANT as all hell. retard
sean pemberton

Oroville, CA

#15 Dec 31, 2013
dennis hopper wrote:
O SAVE IT!! you are a disgusting piece of trash who needs to just leave the town.or better yet, the county. u sick loser.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oroville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Laser treatment that tackles toenail fungus ava... (Jan '09) Dec 12 Gary Puntman 165
Police Shooting on April 28 / victim Victor Col... (May '14) Dec 6 Retired Law 2
School Closings: Port Huron, Marysville (Feb '08) Nov 25 hpallett 11
Men injured in Oroville shooting Nov '14 deborahughes 1
Oroville super Walmart project appeals consider... (Dec '10) Nov '14 mikmax 73
Historic Bridge Part of the Virginia Turnpike T... (Apr '14) Nov '14 American Gentlema... 2
Butte vows to defy unfunded mandates: Superviso... (Feb '09) Nov '14 backyard223 22
Oroville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Oroville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Oroville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Oroville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:41 pm PST