Funk acquitted in bathroom arrest

There are 20 comments on the Jan 17, 2009, The Paradise Post story titled Funk acquitted in bathroom arrest. In it, The Paradise Post reports that:

Longtime Paradise resident Harold Funk was acquitted of resisting arrest and public intoxication charges yesterday when a Butte County jury found him not guilty.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Paradise Post.

AGD

Chico, CA

#365 Feb 10, 2009
True wrote:
<quoted text> True, extremely difficult
but not impossible. Kathryn's suit is complicated too
because it involved a joint chase between the Sheriffs/PPD, thus two policies. Have not seen the
Sheriff's vehicle pursuit policy at the time. But
the PPD policy clearly portrays those officers should
have never initiated the chase to begin with. And
even if they mistakenly initiated there were obvious
factors in place that would have dictated termination. Those factors are undeniable to any
rational person. They acted on impulse that day.
Their actions were careless and inconsiderate. Plain
and simple. They are definitely culpable. But as you
say, proving it in a court of law is another thing.

Slapdash. That was their( P.P.D. and B.C.S.O.) response that day. That's what it was. I said it in another post, and have found the adverb, and the adjective BOTH work in this instance.
Thats It

Paradise, CA

#366 Feb 10, 2009
AGD wrote:
<quoted text>
Slapdash. That was their( P.P.D. and B.C.S.O.) response that day. That's what it was. I said it in another post, and have found the adverb, and the adjective BOTH work in this instance.
Slapdash: Done or acting in a dashing or reckless
way; impetuous; careless. n. Offhand or careless
work, behavior, etc. adv. in a careless manner.
Yep, that pretty much sums it up, doesn't it?
AGD

Chico, CA

#367 Feb 10, 2009
Yep, sure has for me. Soon, we'll see what the people that Should hear about it have to say; or will say: or can say/do.
Hopeful for us all in California that people open their eyes to the fact the cops are immune to killing you. It's on the books people. c.v.c.(a.k.a. California vehicle code)1700a-1701 and maybe a cpl others right in there...
It's just sickening to me though, and hope it is also to those I will soon be contacting as well.

~AGD
AGD

Chico, CA

#368 Feb 10, 2009
..there's just almost no hope for the truth or any justice to come for ANY families in our position.... All Californian's and those citizens in other States with similar laws are being overlooked. and uncared for by those that are to serve and protect.... it's wrong. All the way around it's wrong.

Our right to a fair trial & our day in court, so to speak, has been taken from us!! DO YOU HEAR ME?!?
Be mad. Get as mad as I am about it. Because it could be one you love next to die... your turn to cry. Then, only then you'll know why I stay... and fight. If with nothing but words for now. I fight. I try & I cry.

~AGD
The Truth Is

Paradise, CA

#369 Feb 11, 2009
AGD wrote:
..there's just almost no hope for the truth or any justice to come for ANY families in our position.... All Californian's and those citizens in other States with similar laws are being overlooked. and uncared for by those that are to serve and protect.... it's wrong. All the way around it's wrong.
Our right to a fair trial & our day in court, so to speak, has been taken from us!! DO YOU HEAR ME?!?
Be mad. Get as mad as I am about it. Because it could be one you love next to die... your turn to cry. Then, only then you'll know why I stay... and fight. If with nothing but words for now. I fight. I try & I cry.
~AGD
You are right! And the reason for that is
there is ZERO accountability for police officers.
And they know it, especially right here in lil' ole'
Paradise where the Chief could care less how his
boys arrest citizens as long as his stats look good.

Since: Mar 08

AOL

#370 Feb 24, 2009
I can`t let this issue die!
Jennifer

Chico, CA

#371 Mar 6, 2009
more facts wrote:
<quoted text>
Plague:
Here's a link for you.
http://thewreckthattookher.blogspot.com
You were wanting me to post pictures of the bumper of Tinnels truck...( i believe it was you anyhow). Well, here are a cpl of pics of the Shane Tinnel truck, the one that hit and killed Kathryn Bogosian-Langley on Oct 26, 2006.
If Officer Nichols would have came forward with the truth of what happened that day, what he saw, Norman might have had his case heard. But... being that it's the Sheriff's Dept that was in hot water over that, it doesn't surprise me that the judges that they (the sheriff's) work for dismissed it. They are after all biased in their view of them...
Anyways.. the pics are there. Some are a little blurry, as I was shaking and crying while taking them (I'm quite certain that the MAIT team have clearer pictures of them, though we'll never know for sure I guess, since all that would have been shown to us during future court proceedings of the case, had it gone forward) but it's obvious what they are... Just some more fact for your book.
I had an independent investigator do a report on both of our trucks...if you want it its yours. Have Tina call me I can leave it somewhere for her to pickup if you want. Your not going to like waht it says or the pictures, they are very clear and close up. It is at your discretion that I will give you them all maybe have someone else look at them first.

Since: Mar 08

AOL

#372 Mar 11, 2009
i will not let this issue die. dirty stinkin pigs will pay in civil court ,bigtime. rob will lose his home,tim will lose his gun. life will be great when I roll up on those 2 richard craniums in the private sector and laugh at there homeless faces.
AGD

Paradise, CA

#373 Mar 11, 2009
Jennifer wrote:
<quoted text>I had an independent investigator do a report on both of our trucks...if you want it its yours. Have Tina call me I can leave it somewhere for her to pickup if you want. Your not going to like waht it says or the pictures, they are very clear and close up. It is at your discretion that I will give you them all maybe have someone else look at them first.
Yes. I'd like to have them, very much so.. Does Tina (A.?) know how to contact you, or someone that knows you?
to jennifer

Paradise, CA

#374 Mar 11, 2009
Yes. I'd like to have them, very much so.. Does Tina (A.?) know how to contact you, or someone that knows you?
please let me know. i need all the information you have to try to do what i want to have done.

AGD
to jennifer

Paradise, CA

#375 Mar 11, 2009
and i can handle it, looking at the pics. it'll be hard seeing clear pics of it, again, but i have to. I need that info more then i don't need the images, if that makes sense?
~AGD
Jennifer

Chico, CA

#376 Mar 12, 2009
to jennifer wrote:
and i can handle it, looking at the pics. it'll be hard seeing clear pics of it, again, but i have to. I need that info more then i don't need the images, if that makes sense?
~AGD
I'll take all I have over to tina's...I hope it will help.

“God is in control...”

Since: Feb 09

Hopefully Heaven!

#377 Mar 12, 2009
I think the PPD & BCJ are total stupid losers. Just a passing thought, bye, bye now & peace!
crak head

Norwalk, CA

#378 Mar 12, 2009
picket the crooked officers houses
to jennifer

Paradise, CA

#379 Mar 12, 2009
i don't think you can Ever do anything or enough to even begin to redeem yourself, in this lifetime, for the pain and lose you've helped cause. But all I will say is thank you. thank you Only for the information you have freely given. I hope it helps too.
~AGD
Jennifer

Chico, CA

#380 Mar 13, 2009
I did not cause the accident, in fact the only reason he was with me that day was he was he needed a ride to his attorneys so he could turn himself in. Unfortunately i needed gas and went to someone who owed me money. That person called the police hoping for a reward and we never made it. The police could have easily had one car follow us then apprehend him when we stopped. But they were in a competition to see who would get him first and did not think about anything or anyone that stood in their way of doing so. I am sorry for your loss but do not blame me for his actions or the actions of the police.
Jennifer

Chico, CA

#381 Mar 13, 2009
One more thing, the investigator said that the right hand side of my vehicle had damages consistent with a pit manuever, however, he did not feel this was the case only because it is out of police protocol to pit on the right side because that is where people pull to when they here sirens. Nothing that day was done according to police protocol. In addition, the tires were 2 weeks old and I had sway away coil overs. My truck would not have rolled over at 90mph. He was definetly hit by the police.
To Jennifer

Paradise, CA

#382 Mar 13, 2009
Jennifer wrote:
One more thing, the investigator said that the right hand side of my vehicle had damages consistent with a pit manuever, however, he did not feel this was the case only because it is out of police protocol to pit on the right side because that is where people pull to when they here sirens. Nothing that day was done according to police protocol. In addition, the tires were 2 weeks old and I had sway away coil overs. My truck would not have rolled over at 90mph. He was definetly hit by the police.
Only the TRUTH will bring closure
to the case. Thanks for telling it. Bless you.
to jennifer

Paradise, CA

#383 Mar 13, 2009
Jennifer wrote:
I did not cause the accident, in fact the only reason he was with me that day was he was he needed a ride to his attorneys so he could turn himself in. Unfortunately i needed gas and went to someone who owed me money. That person called the police hoping for a reward and we never made it. The police could have easily had one car follow us then apprehend him when we stopped. But they were in a competition to see who would get him first and did not think about anything or anyone that stood in their way of doing so. I am sorry for your loss but do not blame me for his actions or the actions of the police.
I call BS-
Right there you contradicted what happened that day. You just said you were giving him a ride, for one that WAS illegal for you to be doing. His lawyer could have done that.
Two. You said you were going to the lawyers so he could turn himself in; So why then did he jump in the truck and take off from the cops he was GOING TO TURN HIMSELF INTO????? Makes noy one lick of sense. Common sense is what you BOTH lacked. You for being with him in the first place. & him for ALL his actions, there's just no excuse for him, like so many others like him too.
to jennifer

Paradise, CA

#384 Mar 13, 2009
Jennifer wrote:
i know all this.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oroville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Rape suspect arrested by Oroville police (Jun '10) 4 hr keepalowprofile 12
Anyone see Marvin Markle lose his sh*t yesterday? (Feb '12) Apr 15 I knew ziggy 97
Review: Oroville Tacos (Aug '14) Mar 25 tamikajohnson1959 5
News Suspected gang leader arrested in Reno (Feb '10) Feb '15 fee 29
Review: Grain FED Worm Castings Feb '15 grainfed 2
Letter: Elected officials have to stop PG&E cle... Feb '15 Timothy Siegel 1
News Laser treatment that tackles toenail fungus ava... (Jan '09) Jan '15 SaTaN 166
More from around the web

Oroville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]