Juvenile arrested in attack on student at Las Plumas

A masked male who allegedly entered a Las Plumas High School classroom last week and attacked a student has been arrested and is in custody at Butte County Juvenile Hall. Full Story

“Use a klean kanteen.”

Since: Mar 08

california

#22 Feb 26, 2009
Everybody Knows wrote:
So a whole class room stood idly by, and let this happen? Not in my day. That is America for you. A heard of docile cows. This story is more evidence why everyone in Oroville might as well be exterminated.
Dude, in your day kids didn't bring guns to school. Now this is what kids have to worry about. It happened so fast that the kids didn't know what happened. Send your kid to stop the kid that may have a deadly weapon but mine, no way. Mine was in the class. I'd have killed him if he tried to step in....all 98 pounds of him.

“Use a klean kanteen.”

california

#23 Feb 26, 2009
Everybody Knows wrote:
The teacher saw the bandana over the face, figured that the guy had a gun and probably ran for his/her life. No little stinking L.P. brats are worth being a hero over. Even if it was just breaking up a fight I'm sure the chance of getting AIDS or Hep C makes it not worth the risk. Good job teacher! Save your own skin the punks at L.P. aren't worth it.
Wow. You're a dooshbag (I'd have spelled it correctly but topix wouldn't let me but I wanted to be sure you got my message.) go ahead and sacrifice yourself there you big hero. I'm assuming you have done nothing heroic in your life. All you are doing is talking nonsense and suggesting that helping someone would give them AIDS or Hep C. Do you even know how those are transmitted? Get a life.

“Use a klean kanteen.”

california

#24 Feb 26, 2009
Everybody Knows wrote:
It's not the kids fault, it is the parents fault. The fact that these kids are so misguided and unruly it is obvious that Oroville parents are too busy smoking crack to be a good influence on their own children.
Yeah, because kids in Chico, Paradise, Sacramento, Paduka Kentucky, Columbine, Seattle Washington and Jonesboro, Arkansas aren't getting into trouble....it's ONLY Oroville. You are right about one thing: it's the parents fault. Too many of them are too busy making their own lives to pay attention to their kids. I live in ORoville and my kids never get into trouble...you know why? Because we have actual consequences in our house and we have parents who are active and care. Those kids who are problems, don't. Not everyone is addicted to crack. You are such a hater....Are you from Los Molinos? What a lovely town that is. Your attitude tells us a lot of what a gem you are....

“Use a klean kanteen.”

california

#25 Feb 26, 2009
Everybody Knows wrote:
Anita if we had a strong sense of unity, community, and patriotism we wouldn't be disconnected in the way that our communities are these days. Unfortunately everybody in this country has been taught to not give a crap about everybody else. Love for the human race has been replaced with indifference, perhaps even hatred. But what are you going to do? Look out for me and mine! That's all I am doing.
That's evident. You have no love for the human race because you are full of hate for everyone and have no compassion at all. YOu get what you give my friend.

“Use a klean kanteen.”

california

#26 Feb 26, 2009
Anita wrote:
You made my point better than I did. But we should all watch out for one another. It's very important to make school safe and if it takes some kid getting his butt kicked by others for pulling that crap, so be it. The article said he punched the kid many times, were they all just watching?
The kid got punched ONCE. Just once. But hard enough to fall out of his desk and the kid took off....it was a split second and everyone was in shock....my son included. He was a few seats away and barely knew what happened. At first, the students thought it was a drill.
Comment

Chico, CA

#27 Feb 26, 2009
Everybody Knows wrote:
The teacher saw the bandana over the face, figured that the guy had a gun and probably ran for his/her life. No little stinking L.P. brats are worth being a hero over. Even if it was just breaking up a fight I'm sure the chance of getting AIDS or Hep C makes it not worth the risk. Good job teacher! Save your own skin the punks at L.P. aren't worth it.
Same thing when the kid with the gun shot into the ceiling at LP. the principal Ramos opened the door and pulled the teacher to safety leaving the students on their own.

Since: Feb 09

United States

#28 Feb 26, 2009
Comment wrote:
<quoted text>
Same thing when the kid with the gun shot into the ceiling at LP. the principal Ramos opened the door and pulled the teacher to safety leaving the students on their own.
Ramos is our Vice principal and the door was already open the teacher went to go lock and shut the door when Ramos and Will Sharineck pulled the teacher out. I know what happend because I was one of the students in the room with him and I walked up to him and had the gun pointed at me and told to go back to my seat so I walked backwards with my hands up and went back to my seat that was one of the worse days of my life. And here schools are telling you that it is safe to come to school that nothing ever wrong is going to happen and then that happend well I guess that proved them wrong.
Thinking

Chico, CA

#29 Feb 26, 2009
Anita wrote:
No it's your way of thinking that has caused a bunch of unruly brats to become what they are. Have you ever worked at a school? Have you seen the ablsolute meaness in some of these students today? They think they can do just about anything they to each other. It doesn't take a brave person to be a rat,, it takes brave person to prevent it from happening in the first place.

I am glad you were not around to help any of my students. Oh wait I forgot, you would have just told on them after the fact.
You say your sorry you gave this much attention to this topic? Then look the other way as if you are watching a kid get beat up...
When did I make a reference that I was sorry I gave the TOPIC this much attention? Heck, I'll make it easy for you Anita....I was sorry I gave that particular POSTER that much attention. That poster mentioned something about exterminating everyone in Oroville. I didn't mean to confuse you. I should have prevented this from happening. Dang.

What is my way of thinking Anita? Based on my post, how have I contributed to unruly brats? I stated what the scenario COULD have been. Again, I wasn't there. However, you blamed the teacher, "Where was the teacher..." Perhaps you know all about what actually happened and we are missing something. I doubt this because of course this wouldn't have happened on your watch. The news would have been how you took on a gangster and saved the day. I doubt you know all the facts.

Anita, what are YOU doing to prevent these kids from being unruly brats at YOUR SCHOOL? Why aren't you doing something to prevent their absolute meanness? What brave acts are you doing to make sure this doesn't happen? What are you teaching them? Why isn't it working Anita? And if you see this isn't working, why aren't you doing more?

"It doesn't take a brave person to be a rat...." You say this, yet we see time and time again an outcry from parents, teachers, counselors, law enforcement and whoever else pleading for SOMEONE to come forward with information so a crime can be solved and the perpetrator apprehended. Why do you think that is Anita. Why do you think people get scared to talk? In this case, maybe it was kids who stood up for what is right and told police who the assailant was despite the possibility of gunshots whizzing through the family's house later that night for doing so. In cases like this, it's both the right and brave thing to do. I understand that sometimes doing the right thing takes bravery. Again, think of the kids that were there the day gun shots went off in their school.

Poor Anita. "....it takes a brave person to prevent this from happening in the first place." In your original post you admitted to acting in a stupid and dangerous manner. In no way am I faulting you for that. I should make it clear that schools are a much better place with a stupid/brave/dangerous person like you to watch over the kids. However, if you're not going to consider all the variables involved, how can you fault the teacher unless you had witnessed the entire situation first hand? Honestly, if the teacher took off running and didn't look back, then I'm right there with you. At that point we'd agree to question the teacher. Do you know if that is what happened?

You are glad I'm not around to help any of your students. How sad for you and your students. I think anyone should be glad that someone else is coming to the aid of a child. However, according to your line of thinking, helping someone in the time of need isn't good enough because the one helping is not preventing. Efforts to help aren't good enough because a person didn't prevent something from happening in the first place. You are one darn great super hero to be as omnipresent as you seem to be.
Everybody Knows

Chico, CA

#30 Feb 27, 2009
What a world of selfish cowards we live in.
anita

Chico, CA

#31 Feb 27, 2009
You can argue all you want about this..it does not change the fact that this is happening in public schools. BTW I was a cafeteria lady, enabling me to see the students interact during their social time. It's not pretty to see a kid picked on, with others standing around egging it on. Teachers, staff, AND other students need to help stop this NOW.

Whoever said you can't get AIDS or Hepatitis C from helping a bleeding student, you are wrong. We have to be trained NOT to help without using gloves to protect ourselves.

Dear Thinking..do you really think I took or wasted my time reading your whole tirade.. I didn't..Take a nap with Prince Valium why dontcha,,lol
Comment

United States

#32 Feb 27, 2009
LP Cadet wrote:
<quoted text>
Ramos is our Vice principal and the door was already open the teacher went to go lock and shut the door when Ramos and Will Sharineck pulled the teacher out. I know what happend because I was one of the students in the room with him and I walked up to him and had the gun pointed at me and told to go back to my seat so I walked backwards with my hands up and went back to my seat that was one of the worse days of my life. And here schools are telling you that it is safe to come to school that nothing ever wrong is going to happen and then that happend well I guess that proved them wrong.
You have made my point for me.

What responsible staff member would pull the only adult (the teacher) out of the room during a crisis and leave the students to work it out on their own???

LP ADMINISTRATORS NEED LEADERSHIP TRAINING!!!
Thinking

Chico, CA

#33 Feb 27, 2009
Everybody Knows wrote:
This coming from someone who believes all of Oroville should be exterminated.
Thinking

Chico, CA

#34 Feb 27, 2009
anita wrote:
Dear Thinking..do you really think I took or wasted my time reading your whole tirade.. I didn't..Take a nap with Prince Valium why dontcha,,lol
Not a tirade Anita, but I see you look the other way when convenient as proved here. However, I can agree a bit wordy in making my point that one should not be so quick to blame the teacher.

Thanks for all you do/did for the kids.
Anita

Chico, CA

#35 Mar 3, 2009
Hey thinking... Truce? We both have good hearts, just different ways of thinking..

I miss the students at my school.
jus me

Chico, CA

#36 Mar 3, 2009
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
"Might be stupid and dangerous..." Are you implying that everyone should act in such a stupid manner (self admit) and put themselves in a dangerous situation that could lead to serious harm "in this day and age..."? Are you new and don't know that not too long ago maybe some of these kids remember the shooting (albeit no one got hurt) that happened at their school? That happened in this day and age Anita. Maybe, just maybe, some of those kids ran like hell.
"Where was the Teacher?" Let's assume you've been in a classroom. Where would you have been Anita? How long does it take a person to run into a room, punch a kid several times, and run out? I'll go with 10 seconds.
Perhaps the teacher quickly reacted so the pathetic gangster (that local law enforcement will no doubt patronize so he'll be out on the streets within days) couldn't do much more than take a few swings. I don't know, but maybe the teacher yelled, approached the criminal, called "security", made sure all the other 30+(just guessing here) students were out of the way of harm. Maybe all this in 10 seconds. What if this drag on society had more planned and the teacher stepped in preventing it from being worse? Did that ever cross your mind Anita? Again, I don't know, I wasn't there. I'm just thinking out loud. I'm not placing blame.
So you've broken up many fights. Thank you for keeping our schools safe. However, if we go with your thinking, why did you let those fights happen in the first place? High school fights could be planned, or there is a big scene, or there could be plenty of gossip about it. Perhaps you've broken up many, and prevented twice as much. Thank you for not missing a beat down.
"....someone in the class should have had the guts to stop him."
What you may not realize (even though you've "broken up fights at high school many times), is in this case it seems people HAD THE GUTS to actually rat out this punk rather than stay quiet for fear of retaliation which is usually the case with gangsters. I'm sure you know this too.
the punk was in the class for more than 10 seconds. I know a girl in the class, she was there while it went down..she said he walked up to several guys and asked their names before smacking the guy.. she said probably like 30-45 seconds at least. She says the teacher sat at her desk, and used a phone to call security...
jus me

Chico, CA

#37 Mar 3, 2009
Everybody Knows wrote:
Maybe in your world.. you need to change your name to "I KNOW BECAUSE MY OPINION IS THE ONLY RIGHT OPINION AND ANYONE WHO DARES DIFFER IS WRONG AND NEEDS TO BE EXTERMINATED" Grow up, you narcissic idiot.
Everybody Knows

United States

#38 Mar 3, 2009
I don't think that it would fit. Good point though, even though if I was ever as extreme as you are being then it has finally paid off.
brandonmartinez

Glendale, CA

#43 Jun 5, 2012
Just my opinion 70 wrote:
<quoted text>Dude, in your day kids didn't bring guns to school. Now this is what kids have to worry about. It happened so fast that the kids didn't know what happened. Send your kid to stop the kid that may have a deadly weapon but mine, no way. Mine was in the class. I'd have killed him if he tried to step in....all 98 pounds of him.

I didnt bring a gun...i did not run out, the teacher did try to stop me but figured it was safer..i did it yeah i did...i did my time as well too...i moved on to a better life with a son..im doin good now...rarely ever mad at all...i guess you can say that my debt to society paid off
brandonmartinez

Glendale, CA

#44 Jun 5, 2012
Just my opinion 70 wrote:
<quoted text>The kid got punched ONCE. Just once. But hard enough to fall out of his desk and the kid took off....it was a split second and everyone was in shock....my son included. He was a few seats away and barely knew what happened. At first, the students thought it was a drill.
negative...it was more than once

“Use a klean kanteen.”

california

#45 Jun 15, 2012
brandonmartinez wrote:
<quoted text>
negative...it was more than once
Wow. And you're proud of this? This isn't something I'd brag about. What will you tell your son? And why am I the only person you are commenting to? This must have been a glory day for you because you're looking up the topic to discuss it years later. You aren't making Oroville look any better. Please be quiet and show some remorse. Not just that you did your time. Show yourself as a responsible human being who knows what they've done is wrong.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oroville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gleaners hand out 5,000 pounds of salmom (Nov '10) Oct 25 kathy toledo 7
Anyone see Marvin Markle lose his sh*t yesterday? (Feb '12) Oct 19 just cause 96
Marvin Markle (Mar '12) Oct 17 Happy 15
Review: Oroville Tacos Oct 1 Roy T 4
Leslie Bond sentenced to life in prison (Jul '10) Sep '14 RYGAR530 14
beating Sep '14 psychomike 1
Council continues Walmart appeals (Dec '10) Sep '14 Andy 49
Oroville Dating
Find my Match

Oroville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Oroville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Oroville

Personal Finance