Dava Malcolm: A 'tweaker's' tale

Dava Malcolm: A 'tweaker's' tale

There are 28 comments on the Chico Enterprise-Record story from Oct 5, 2008, titled Dava Malcolm: A 'tweaker's' tale. In it, Chico Enterprise-Record reports that:

Dava Malcolm is an intelligent, creative, black-eyed, brown-haired, 20-year-old woman, with a vocabulary that would make a Marine drill instructor blush.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chico Enterprise-Record.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Frustrated

United States

#26 Oct 7, 2008
M Brionic wrote:
<quoted text>
The drug addict you speak of is a human being. I wonder why there are so many of these drug addicts in Oroville. Maybe you should care. It seems like this is a symptom of something very wrong in your community. That you choose to ignore the problem only convinces me that you are part of it.
there are alot of people in Oroville that are NOT drug addicts.. this tweaker knows right from wrong.. but yes why is this news.. pay money on something else than a tweaker to feel sorry for.. gosh..
Frustrated

United States

#27 Oct 7, 2008
A Parent Who Cares wrote:
I just wonder if this poor girl was one of those kids who were left with a loser parent after the other one left and moved on with his life and a new family, without concern for her at all. He probably had the kind of wife that ran him and said that only his children with her mattered and didn't want the 'other girl' around hers. O.K., but why didn't he still go and be a part of her life on his own? She needed you, obviously!!! Her father needed to man up (and still does) and be her father, if she'll let him. Grow a spine, wimp. Your life will NEVER be right if you don't...and you know it.
NO this person is not to be felt sorry for... my goodness.. people please.. think before you act..
tiredof bullshit

United States

#28 Oct 7, 2008
M Brionic wrote:
<quoted text>
The drug addict you speak of is a human being. I wonder why there are so many of these drug addicts in Oroville. Maybe you should care. It seems like this is a symptom of something very wrong in your community. That you choose to ignore the problem only convinces me that you are part of it.
oroville??? give me a break our community is just fine... its the poor pathetic life forms that choose drugs. This is only one tweaker in this area, and for anyones information she lives in Palermo, not Oroville. I just can't believe people are feeling sorry for this pathetic waste of money.. Tax payers are already paying for her.. she is wasting the money..
curious

United States

#29 Oct 7, 2008
Why is this persopn described as an intellegent person??? she is flippen idiot.. a drug addict, a waste of tax payers money, why make her out to be something she is NOT... I know this family and there drug problems. the whole family can be described the same way " PATHETIC, DRUG ADDICTS....THEY ARE JUST PLAIN NASTY........'
Proud

Chico, CA

#30 Oct 7, 2008
Wow! Her Momma must be proud she's airing her dirty laundry to the whole town! Especially a town full of high-and-mighty do-gooders...few people in this town probably even care to acknowledge there are Meth problems in this area, much less see a person's first-hand account. Dont see, though, how it is considered front page-worthy...especially on a Sunday morning. Not exactly what I anticipated reading over coffee.
jhon joe

Dawsonville, GA

#31 Dec 12, 2008
if u frie with using the same old needle and when u still the needle in ur arm ur nose starts to swell and hurt the whoole side of ur face hurts what could that be

“Bomb Them All To Hell”

Since: Nov 08

Chico,CA

#32 Dec 13, 2008
Putting any substance in your body is your choice, it is not a disease. Meth does tend to be a bit more insidious a drug than say, sugar, coffee, alcohol, tobacco or pot. I'd probably put it in the same category as most prescription drugs. If we made it legal, but only inside government-sanctioned 'meth-lands' where tweakers could either buy their heavily-taxed & regulated drug & just kill themselves with it, or choose to go into therapy to kick it & get out into a normal life again, I think it would serve everyone well. Give them the choice, make money off their choice, & keep them locked in, away from everyone else.
Dava

Oroville, CA

#33 May 16, 2014
Hi everyone. Thanks for all the great things you all said about me! Just to let all you know I have been clean for over 6 years, own my home and 3 vehicles, have a bachelors degree im culinary science and dont live of welfare like you trash talkers most likely do. The artical about me was not ment to be as everyone preseaved it. It was supposed to be about getting help and getting drugs off the streets. I started when I was 13 so what future did I have at the time? I didnt care about myself or anyone. Im thankful that I chose prison over rehab. I could walk out of a rehab and get high but I couldnt walk out of prison. I made the best decision of my life. As for beating people up. That was middle school. Grow up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oroville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man shot multiple times in Berry Creek a disputea (Dec '16) Jul '17 Rhino 4
News Homeless ousted from camp (Feb '09) Jul '17 TownWitch 93
FYI: Cali residents are entitled to payments wh... Jun '17 Chico Bandito 1
News Early-morning fire destroys Bucks Lake Lodge (Jan '10) Jun '17 Missey 24
News A a safea space to shoot up: Worth a try in Cal... Jun '17 Jane 1
News Pot grow raided in south Oroville (Sep '08) Jun '17 Shilo 178
BECAREFULL tenage GIRLS!!! in MARYSVILLE!!! (Jul '08) May '17 Williamsville 4

Oroville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Oroville Mortgages