Dava Malcolm: A 'tweaker's' tale

Dava Malcolm: A 'tweaker's' tale

There are 28 comments on the Chico Enterprise-Record story from Oct 5, 2008, titled Dava Malcolm: A 'tweaker's' tale. In it, Chico Enterprise-Record reports that:

Dava Malcolm is an intelligent, creative, black-eyed, brown-haired, 20-year-old woman, with a vocabulary that would make a Marine drill instructor blush.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chico Enterprise-Record.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
wow

Paradise, CA

#1 Oct 5, 2008
Sheesh. I'm not even surprised. I went to grade school with this girl. She was always starting fights and picking on people.
Giving to Others

Yolo, CA

#2 Oct 5, 2008
Its a hard knock life.(from the musical Annie)
Joe Sixpack

United States

#5 Oct 5, 2008
At 20, she can make her own choice - emulate Mom or stop wasting her youth.
Butte County

United States

#6 Oct 5, 2008
We have to get meth out of this county. Period.
A MOM

Chico, CA

#7 Oct 5, 2008
Do you realize this is a disease? I would hope that she would receive support rather than comments like Bloods.
a mom

Roseville, CA

#8 Oct 5, 2008
I agree. There should be a law where anyone caught in the act of manufacturing or selling drugs of any kind, will be shot on the spot! They are of no use to anyone, and they just ruin lives. This way we are rid of them and we don't have to house and feed them. Our family was ruined by drug dealers. I have no mercy for them. I do hurt for the ones that get caught up in it. It's ruining our nation, not just Butte Co.

Chico
Frustrated

Weed, CA

#10 Oct 5, 2008
I AGREE!!!
Frustrated

Weed, CA

#12 Oct 5, 2008
Beloved wrote:
<quoted text>Blood, you are so sick to say what you did. She is a sad case, caught up in a life her mother led her into. And your comment about sending her Iraq is horrible. Perhaps your sicker that she is. Do you even pay taxes? My taxes are well spent on giving her a chance to defy the odds of her becoming a leader wherever she goes. When she goes to prison, she will hopefully stay off the Meth, and learn of how much she is loved by God, and make something of herself. I'm praying for her, and you.
Bullshit, she is a pathetic waste I am glad "Blood" said what they said you don't know her.. that whole family is NASTY
Frustrated

Weed, CA

#13 Oct 5, 2008
A MOM wrote:
Do you realize this is a disease? I would hope that she would receive support rather than comments like Bloods.
Its not a disease its a choice that SHE made.. she has been doing it for so long.. "Poor thing" thats crap.... she needs to stay locked up and get the rest of her damn family off the streets and the rest of the TWAKERS out of Butte COunty....
Headinthesand

Dunnigan, CA

#14 Oct 5, 2008
A MOM wrote:
You are definitely an idiot. Drugs are not a disease. They start as a choice. And the excuse she comes from a poor background and that is why she is who she is, is a bunch of crap. That is a typical liberal statement that gives people excuses for poor decisions and it does not hold them accountable.
Fedupwithitall

United States

#16 Oct 5, 2008
Hey "Blood," there are a ton of good people in Butte County. Yes, there's a meth problem here. But guess what? There's a meth problem EVERYWHERE! Generalizations like that are not only wrong...but also prove what an uneducated moron you are.
Sudo Nonimus

Daly City, CA

#17 Oct 5, 2008
Headinthesand wrote:
Drugs are not a disease. They start as a choice.
While I agree that drug addiction is not a ‘disease’--a doctrine possibly designed to diminish personal responsibility, in my view--I feel that the ill-fated children, infants, and toddlers of meth addicts deserve an added measure of sympathy and understanding.
Mark

Oroville, CA

#18 Oct 5, 2008
Why is this news? Why should we care about a drug addict?
M Brionic

Chico, CA

#19 Oct 5, 2008
Mark wrote:
Why is this news? Why should we care about a drug addict?
The drug addict you speak of is a human being. I wonder why there are so many of these drug addicts in Oroville. Maybe you should care. It seems like this is a symptom of something very wrong in your community. That you choose to ignore the problem only convinces me that you are part of it.
Anjel

Yuba City, CA

#20 Oct 5, 2008
Some of you guys here need to pull yor head out of your A$$... She is reaching out. And drug addiction is a disease... same as alcoholism. It can be very violent and scary. I bet those of you who make nasty comments smoke cigarettes or drink way too much or even EAT way too much and are huge... what's your excuse??? Things happen and some people make poor choices, it doesnt mean it is not a disease. What would you do if this were you? You don't know because hopefully you are not going through it. Are you addicted to painkillers? I know doctors push it on their patients... it is an addiction (disease) as well... not all "diseases" can be classified as something that is cured by a pill or something stupid. Get a life... if you don't understand it, then don't comment on it. I have never been addicted to anything but my family, so I dont know how she will survive it, but I hope she does and comes out knowing that she needs to try and find a "cure" for her disease (addiction) or whatever you want to call it. But you need to get off your high horse and realize that there are things that other people see in you that are not desireable, like your opinion...
Heywood Jablowmy

Los Molinos, CA

#21 Oct 5, 2008
I bet everyone who is bashing her would sing a different tune if it was someone in their middle- class family struggling with alcohol or prescription meds or something deemed less "trashy." Different players, same ballgame.

Also, you all (bashers) can't spell or punctuate for shit so you can't be that damn classy and educated.
A Parent Who Cares

Long Beach, CA

#22 Oct 6, 2008
I feel very bad for this girl. She sounds like she's floundered through life pretty much on her own with no parental direction, besides her grandmother. When parents don't care about their kids, this is the kind of thing that happens to them. We know where her 'mom' was...but where was her 'DAD'?????????
OldTimers

Gridley, CA

#23 Oct 6, 2008
As harmful the effects of meth are, it is used because people lack meaningful goals in life. That is a larger social problem, and until we can address that, until we have an economy that provides decent job opportunities again we will have people seeking happiness in pills and powders. A decent job, an opportunity to have a family, a stake in society is the only real solution to the drug problem. This valley has a rotten economy. Most of the kids have to leave to find work, or wind up flipping burgers or cooking meth unless their family is well enough off to give them a job in construction or something. Most of them see no future, school is just a rigid authoritarian place where they are told they are stupid, and they hate everything except their group of friends. No wonder they want to get thrills with chemicals.
OldTimers

Gridley, CA

#24 Oct 6, 2008
In short, I think the meth problem is a symptom of something deeper, not the disease itself.
A Parent Who Cares

Long Beach, CA

#25 Oct 7, 2008
I just wonder if this poor girl was one of those kids who were left with a loser parent after the other one left and moved on with his life and a new family, without concern for her at all. He probably had the kind of wife that ran him and said that only his children with her mattered and didn't want the 'other girl' around hers. O.K., but why didn't he still go and be a part of her life on his own? She needed you, obviously!!! Her father needed to man up (and still does) and be her father, if she'll let him. Grow a spine, wimp. Your life will NEVER be right if you don't...and you know it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oroville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Two juveniles arraigned in the Millerberg beati... (Mar '06) Jul 15 Alyssa 8
News Father's House caught in financial pinch (Nov '08) Jul 4 Paul Libby 32
News Leslie Bond sentenced to life in prison (Jul '10) Jun 29 TWP lost her mind 19
News Beale airman arrested in child sex sting Jun '16 HedonistNeo 1
any girls want to Skype? (Dec '14) May '16 useless 3
News Sticker shock Apr '16 Grandpa is a NAZI 2
News U.S. Marshals Believe Fugitive a Zombie Mikea C... Apr '16 Lucy jane 1

Oroville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Oroville Mortgages