Property owner says city violated his civil rights

Full story: Oroville Mercury-Register

The Oroville Inn owner said recent city inspections of the hotel are retaliation for a $5 million civil rights lawsuit he filed against the city of Oroville and four staff members in May 2008.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 38 of38
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Oroville resident

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2009

pgibson wrote:
For all of you who are "bagging" on Mr. Benefield, what have YOU done to help? Probably Nothing! Have you ever been in the hotel, ever talked to him, ever offer your money or time to volunteer to help with improvements? I didn't think so. The problem with the city is the miss use of their power, as most people in government do. The city wants the property for themselves at a lower than market price and they're using any power (warranted or not) to achieve their goal. Ask yourself, Does the city have a problem with the building or the people living there? What has the city done to help those people, besides kick them out? This is a simple Bully (the City) against a private individual who is trying to do some good. Maybe he isn't as successful as YOU think he should be or you don't like the looks of the hotel. I suggest you either help with Mr. Benefield with fixing it up, or shut up!
Now This is too funny!!!! Please!!! There are so many things I could say in response to this, but I am too busy laughing.... Get a clue...
Questions

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2009

Caught in the Rain wrote:
Wow, so much hate coming from some of you. I think we are all entitled to our own opinion, but to personally attack an individual is quite cowardous to do so under the guise of a psudo name on the internet. Let's get back to the topic of discussion, not wallow in the he-said, she-said tattles of the school yard. It does not appear that anyone was convicted, only accused. Stop being so nasty to each other and bring this all up a notch.
It goes beyond just being accused. Attebery and her husband were given a 2 year sentence to a drug diversion program. Why would an innocent person agree to enter such a program? Also why were they granted diversion in the first place, since cultivating marijuana (for sale), possession of marijuana for sale and receiving stolen property are all FELONIES and none of these charges are divertable offenses under California Penal Code Section 1000 (diversion statute). THE DA HAS THE ANSWER.
laugh out loud

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2009

Every city needs code enforcement, but this city is using it for there own goals>
If you are friends with the current adminstration or some one in city hall. David looks the other way!!!!!
I do not know all of the informtion surrounding the Oroville Inn. If its a Slum than get rid of it.
As far as the charges being droped against Attuburry..... Call the DA and ask him who was going to be embarrased by this seemingly open and shut case.
All I know is if i was applying for work in this city and had her record i wouldnt be hired unless my name is Bill Richter, they hired that guy with a long record and history with no qulifications.
So shut down the slum lord, reorginize the city and have the code enforcement folk treat everyone the same......
caught in the net

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2009

laugh out loud wrote:
Every city needs code enforcement, but this city is using it for there own goals>
If you are friends with the current adminstration or some one in city hall. David looks the other way!!!!!
I do not know all of the informtion surrounding the Oroville Inn. If its a Slum than get rid of it.
As far as the charges being droped against Attuburry..... Call the DA and ask him who was going to be embarrased by this seemingly open and shut case.
All I know is if i was applying for work in this city and had her record i wouldnt be hired unless my name is Bill Richter, they hired that guy with a long record and history with no qulifications.
So shut down the slum lord, reorginize the city and have the code enforcement folk treat everyone the same......
That’s true...charges dropped or not, who associates with people that get caught in this situation to begin with? I don’t care if they dropped the charges, this thug of a city leader was in a situation that compromised her integrity to begin with...who and what she does on her days off is our business because she is a public employee and I tell everyone who has an open ear of her past and her horrible leadership practices. It’s deplorable to say the least!!!
And her job description says she needs a BA in public admin or business…she lacks both and only has a high school GED…maybe that’s why she cant lead a successful legal battle against a local business owner within the confines of the law. She reverts to what she has always known…criminal activity!!
I Like Mojos

Oroville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2009

caught in the net wrote:
<quoted text>
That’s true...charges dropped or not, who associates with people that get caught in this situation to begin with? I don’t care if they dropped the charges, this thug of a city leader was in a situation that compromised her integrity to begin with...who and what she does on her days off is our business because she is a public employee and I tell everyone who has an open ear of her past and her horrible leadership practices. It’s deplorable to say the least!!!
And her job description says she needs a BA in public admin or business…she lacks both and only has a high school GED…maybe that’s why she cant lead a successful legal battle against a local business owner within the confines of the law. She reverts to what she has always known…criminal activity!!
Build a bridge and get over yourself already! Your self fulfilled hatred towards this person shows how very intimidated you must be by him/her as well. Oroville has come a long way baby, and like it or not, the current City Administrator has been the one who's paved the way. Now hurry....share this with your other deviant cronies and fire back more of your holier than thou poop.......but please note that it's getting VERY old!
Getting BACK to the subject at hand....I hope to see the old hotel restored by someone...whether it be the present owner, Benefield, or someone else. It was a delightful building in its earlier days and I hope it has something to offer to downtown Oroville again someday.
hhmm

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2009

"Build a bridge and get over yourself already! Your self fulfilled hatred towards this person shows how very intimidated you must be by him/her as well. Oroville has come a long way baby, and like it or not, the current City Administrator has been the one who's paved the way. Now hurry....share this with your other deviant cronies and fire back more of your holier than thou poop.......but please note that it's getting VERY old!
Getting BACK to the subject at hand....I hope to see the old hotel restored by someone...whether it be the present owner, Benefield, or someone else. It was a delightful building in its earlier days and I hope it has something to offer to downtown Oroville again someday."

Is that you Johnson? Are you back??

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2009

I Like Mojos wrote:
<quoted text>
Build a bridge and get over yourself already! Your self fulfilled hatred towards this person shows how very intimidated you must be by him/her as well. Oroville has come a long way baby, and like it or not, the current City Administrator has been the one who's paved the way. Now hurry....share this with your other deviant cronies and fire back more of your holier than thou poop.......but please note that it's getting VERY old!

Getting BACK to the subject at hand....I hope to see the old hotel restored by someone...whether it be the present owner, Benefield, or someone else. It was a delightful building in its earlier days and I hope it has something to offer to downtown Oroville again someday.
To those who would like to see the corruption in the city covered up, surely the subject must seem
old to them. But to those that are raising children and trying to see that they are exposed to good role models, it is hard to explain how some one who is unqualified educationally and who was engaged in the illegal drug trade and other criminal activity can become the City Administrator of Oroville. It is equally hard to explain to them how a self proclaimed tough on crime DA can twist the law to excuse criminal activity of those he wants in positions of authority, so that he can hold their crimes over their head thereby gaining control of their authority. Oroville City Council how do you
sleep at night? Do you even care about how this appears to our children? And then you have the audacity to tell children...JUST SAY NO. Please spare them from such hypocrisy.
asdf

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2009

asdf
fed up

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2009

Three people within the City uses an illegal method of appraisal to steal peoples property under Eminant Domain, just ask Jack the owner of J and J auto what they did to him. I am sure they play games with the Benefields, if you dont match Sharon's agenda she will come after you with all guns blazing.

Sharon is buddies with the DA, that is how she got Diversion when Diversion wasn't suppose to be used.Isn"t going to Diversion the same as guilty?
I Like Mojos

Oroville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2009

fed up wrote:
Three people within the City uses an illegal method of appraisal to steal peoples property under Eminant Domain, just ask Jack the owner of J and J auto what they did to him. I am sure they play games with the Benefields, if you dont match Sharon's agenda she will come after you with all guns blazing.
Sharon is buddies with the DA, that is how she got Diversion when Diversion wasn't suppose to be used.Isn"t going to Diversion the same as guilty?
Where have you been my friend....the City of Oroville does not have an eminant domain ordinance. Chill my brother!
people be careful

Canoga Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2009

The city of Oroville is full of really nast ppl.
Why did they take that guys biz at the corner of Feather River and Montgomery so we could look at a vacant lot.
the biz looked to be doing well.
No we have an eye sore and a loss of tax rev.
Way to go Sharon, Eric and council.
What ya gonna screw up next.
I say out with you all.
Cant imagine

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2009

I Like Mojos wrote:
<quoted text>
Where have you been my friend....the City of Oroville does not have an eminant domain ordinance. Chill my brother!
They dont need an ordinance, look at the case of J&J , they took his property away from him with eminant domain and now the lot at Feather River and Montgomery just sits there. There are other, so do your homework instead of "chill"
rumor police

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2009

word around the camp fire is Eric wants the oroville in as a youth camp for his church. He is forcing the owner out and is planning to buy it from the city at a lowball price....just wait and see....it will happen
LMAO Do we have a problem

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2009

Eric lives and attends Church in Chico.
Your so stupid that comment makes no sense at all there Rumor Mill
Max II

Buena Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2009

LMAO Do we have a problem wrote:
Eric lives and attends Church in Chico.
Your so stupid that comment makes no sense at all there Rumor Mill
So you mean they can't have a youth camp in Oroville because his church is in Chico?
Puzzled

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2009

well Erik paid crazy money for the old Oroville hospital , he can put his kids camp there
DurhDude

Oroville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2009

Puzzled wrote:
well Erik paid crazy money for the old Oroville hospital , he can put his kids camp there
I hear that eric is responsible for the increased border violence along the mexico and US border. Is it true.
christin johnson

Key West, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

my uncle bill richter has a record ask him my grandparents raised me i KNOW the truth and he stolen MY INHERITANCE AND LEFT MY WONDERFUL GRANDFATHER IN THE ASSISTING LIVING WITH A INJURED BACK UNTIL I CALLED FROM ANOTHER STATE THEN MADE THE ASSIST LIVING CALL FOR HELP FOR MY WONDERFUL GRANDFATHER AS HE BEG ME BE CAUSE HE WAS HURTING. HIS NAME IS BERNIRE RICHTER AND BILL RICHTER IS A SNAKE IN THE GRASS SO IF HE IS SAYING ANYTHING ABOUT A RECORD HE NEEDS TO STOP!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 38 of38
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Oroville Discussions

Search the Oroville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 4 hr Brian_G 7,303
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 5 hr Foes 15,669
Abuse of authority (Mar '07) 21 hr MaltaMon 15
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Sat Drafty 4,559
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Fri Gomers 199,087
Review: Sierra Valley Furniture Apr 16 Exactly What I Wanted 1
CA Who do you support for Governor in California i... (Oct '10) Apr 13 Just fine 3,746
•••
•••
•••
•••

Oroville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Oroville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance