Water transfer from small reservoir in Butte County raises big concerns from environmental groups

There are 3 comments on the Aug 2, 2013, Chico Enterprise-Record story titled Water transfer from small reservoir in Butte County raises big concerns from environmental groups. In it, Chico Enterprise-Record reports that:

A transfer from a lesser-known small reservoir in Butte County to one of the largest agricultural water districts in the state is moving ahead this year.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chico Enterprise-Record.

The right is wrong

Lincoln, CA

#1 Aug 2, 2013
Wow! Who in the hell do those enviro -whackos think they are? If a bunch of rich Butte County farmers want to sell their water rights to a bunch of rich farmers in Westlands Water District who in turn are selling their water to L.A while screaming the government won't give them more water to grow price (government) supported crops itís their business.

I mean, who gives a shit if local workers are put out of work as long as the rich can get richer.

Screw those farm hands and the local business they support!
Local

Clearlake, CA

#2 Aug 2, 2013
The right is wrong wrote:
Wow! Who in the hell do those enviro -whackos think they are? If a bunch of rich Butte County farmers want to sell their water rights to a bunch of rich farmers in Westlands Water District who in turn are selling their water to L.A while screaming the government won't give them more water to grow price (government) supported crops itís their business.
I mean, who gives a shit if local workers are put out of work as long as the rich can get richer.
Screw those farm hands and the local business they support!
We all know that you are an environut.
This sounds more like a business decision i.e.$$$$$$...so what are you whining about? What is YOUR interest in all of this?
The right is wrong

Lincoln, CA

#3 Aug 2, 2013
Local wrote:
<quoted text>
We all know that you are an environut.
This sounds more like a business decision i.e.$$$$$$...so what are you whining about? What is YOUR interest in all of this?
Local jobs, something you righties give lip service to butt then vote for people who don't give a damn.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oroville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Rape suspect arrested by Oroville police (Jun '10) 21 hr keepalowprofile 12
Anyone see Marvin Markle lose his sh*t yesterday? (Feb '12) Apr 15 I knew ziggy 97
Review: Oroville Tacos (Aug '14) Mar '15 tamikajohnson1959 5
News Suspected gang leader arrested in Reno (Feb '10) Feb '15 fee 29
Review: Grain FED Worm Castings Feb '15 grainfed 2
Letter: Elected officials have to stop PG&E cle... Feb '15 Timothy Siegel 1
News Laser treatment that tackles toenail fungus ava... (Jan '09) Jan '15 SaTaN 166
More from around the web

Oroville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]