Who do you side with in Ferguson?
toilet paper

Columbus, OH

#1590 Aug 27, 2014
Toby wrote:
What's really odd is they loot and destroy over 24 businesses and then one of their demands is jobs for every adult black male in Ferguson. I'm guessing the I.Q. level is really low in Ferguson. The moral to the story is, every African American deserves the chance to riot, loot, pillage and destroy the livelihoods of its own hard working citizens , and deserve to do it in the name of justice.
Less businesses but more jobs! Take a ride on the hood rat special short bus!
now your concerned]

United States

#1592 Aug 27, 2014
hal wrote:
<quoted text>
Debt in this context is meaningless.
It's all part of the economic creation syndrome.
Money is created out of nothing, and so too is debt.
Both are equally meaningless and of little essential comparative relevance anyway.
US Govt debt as a percentage of GDP is at the same level it was in 1945, and that presaged the greatest economic expansion in world history.
Don't get sucked in by economic orthodoxy.
It's moralistic tripe.
Mathematical calculations have no moral dimension.
They just are!
Ask the Chinese about their incredible economic development these past two decades.
We say 'where's the money coming from?'.
They say 'just print it and go ahead.'
Ask yourself, which works?
Clearly theirs!!!!
you just showed everyone how retarded you are.....go back to school and learn economics fool...
observer

Ithaca, NY

#1593 Aug 27, 2014
Michael Brown appeared to be a belligerent, disrespectful "thug". He robbed a store assaulting the owner. He refused to respect authority and listen to the cop when he was told to get off the street. Witnesses have said that he pushed the cop's door and reached into the car to grab the gun assaulting the cop. Then Brown took off running. The cop was doing his job. Also, the news media has shown a picture of Michael Brown as a gang member, making a gang member sign.
It is unfortunate that this happened, however Michael Brown will not longer be able to rob a store, and physically assault people. He may have been headed for a very violent future, badly hurting or killing someone himself. This is not about race...this is about a disrespectful "thug" regardless of his color.
Flygerian

Dallas, TX

#1594 Aug 27, 2014
enough wrote:
<quoted text>
I looked up Rosewood and Black Wall Street and now I ask you this rosewood happened in 1922 and Black Wall Street 1921 now tell me in 92 years later you guys haven't figured out how to move on? Rosewood was burned to the ground during a riot brought on by a white womans clam of rape. Are you all not burning your own towns and cities in riots now? Black Wall Street was thriving you are correct and due to whites(before I was even alive) it was destroyed. Can I change it? No. It has been 92 years people back then were no doubt awful and cruel. Now my question to you is what do you want us to do about it? How can you blame the whites of today for something they took no part in? As far as jews getting 10yrs of help what about the help given to black people? Naacp, united negro college fund, Affimative action etc. What more do you want. When is enough enough? when do the excuses stop and healing begin?
I didnt say it was your fault. I wanted you to address situations where blacks did EXACTLY what you claim to want them to do and their communities were STILL oppressed. So it doesnt matter WHAT they do if people are still going to react the same way. Racism should be dead right?So why are people pouring out so much support for Wilson despite witness accounts that show he abused his power? RACE! Some of you will NEVER look past it.

My reason for bringing up the past? BECAUSE IT HAS ALOT TO DO WITH THE PRESENT. You cant pretend that 400 years of ABUSE will be rectified in 50 years (even though it still goes on). Thats why you're not down for honest convo. I've NEVER blamed whites of today for went on in the past. But ADDRESSING it is pertinent when speaking of the present. DISREGARDING IT or saying "move on" is not. If we discuss the native Americans as they are present day and just denigrate them for not being where others in society are, why would we not MENTION that their societies were splintered during America's "first days"? See racists would not. They would simply say "catch up!!!". But a person that recognizes CAUSE and EFFECT, would note what happened then and the effects that it caused that trickle down to today. Does that mean they're STUCK? Nope. But it also doesnt mean we ignore their past for the present so we can TALK DOWN on them. The healing will begin when America sets its mind to combat institutional racism. You want to pretend its over and done with but guess what? You're WHITE lol. You dont have to worry about institutional racism affecting you unless its positive. Blacks (and other minorities) do.

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#1595 Aug 27, 2014
legalize420 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sence when is shoplifting a felony and even so he still should not have payed with his life and the didn't even mention the shoplifting that y'all are calling a robbery until well after this young man was dead. God bless rev al sharpton
Listen you idiot, it's pretty clear from Brown's belligerent behaviour that he was on a path to destruction. If that cop hadn't killed him, he likely would have been killed eventually by another cop, store owner or fellow thug, or at the very least end up doing time in jail.
I'm not saying I condone the cop but Brown was already plaing with fire and bound to get burnt.
Flygerian

Dallas, TX

#1596 Aug 27, 2014
Toby wrote:
<quoted text>
Their great great grandfathers were discriminated against, so to right that wrong they kill each other in incredibly high numbers, gang-bang, carjack, pimp, steal, strong arm, etc..
LoL
Hyperbole lol. Thats all you got.

But what are your words on the racial housing system in Chicago that didnt allow many blacks to buy housing? Oh but thats over now so it doesnt matter huh? That directly leads into crime. People arent deciding to do crime to do crime. They do that because of their economic situation (of course there are outliers). And yes blacks economic situation is DIRECTLY tied to what happened in the past where they were stunted. Look up the circle of poverty..

The thing is, you dont care.. You rather live the lie that blacks are inferior. But the first will be last and the last will be first :) Have fun while you can because without repenting it will not be fun in the long run for you or those like you
Flygerian

Dallas, TX

#1597 Aug 27, 2014
Toby wrote:
<quoted text>
Slavery was abolished 150 years ago in America, of course historically various peoples lived under slavery for thousand of years, there was slavery in ancient Egypt, ancient China, ancient Rome,Assyria, ancient India, by tribal leaders in Africa, the Arab slave trade,etc.. Even Europeans and Christians were sold into slavery in North Africa in the early 19th century, just read about Ottoman Algeria.
Brutal slavery and oppression for 400 years would stunt ANY group or race's growth. But you want to pretend since you freed them that they should have caught up quickly lol...
Toby

Eugene, OR

#1598 Aug 27, 2014
lifeisshort wrote:
<quoted text>The facts are all around you, Flygeian. I know it's hard to accept when the truth is against you but don't go through life with blinders on. Go to any of the projects or slum neighborhoods and yes, you'll see some whites also on welfare but the majority of the people on welfare are black with several mouths to feed that shouldn't have happened and probably no father around.
So instead of challenging someone for facts that you already know are true, do something about it. Don't become a statistic along with your race. Take off the do-rag and become an individual that has a backbone and gets out of the project mentality. Nobody owes you a living so it's all up to you.
What he or she is saying is the news media can't be trusted and is biased and unreliable, and she's partly correct ,but in a very self-aggrandizing, self serving way. For instance if the mainstream media would have aligned their reporting of the incident 100% with her personal perspectives on the subject then she would probably say that particular report can be trusted and is reliable, it's totally subjective. However it is true that about eight companies control almost eighty percent of the news media and if you go back fifty or sixty years there was literally hundreds of companies that controlled the news media, it's almost reached the point of a complete monopoly.
Flygerian

Dallas, TX

#1599 Aug 27, 2014
reason wrote:
Speak of folks the only reason Obama was elected is because the whites thought electing a black president would get the blacks too quit crying and playing race card. Gave him a 2nd term so the excuse wouldn't be that he was "fixing" issues and needed 4 more years. Point proven he is horrible and he is making the racial divide worse. Started with his racist life long preacher going off then he called the white cop up north an "idiot" he mishandled the trayvon martin media perception by portraying trayvon as an innocent black teen now he is sticking his nose in Ferguson. He should tell the black community to prove people wrong and make something of theirselves. The world yes "world" has a low perception on blacks not just on america but Africa as well where all they managed to do is let others dig gold yet the whites over there turn nothing into an amazing farm or city.
Ignorance is bliss as they say

Thats where you rather stay than actually study and view CAUSE and EFFECT.
Flygerian

Dallas, TX

#1601 Aug 27, 2014
The truth wrote:
It's all about race
A black cop shit a white kid in Utah the other day nothin was said . No media no news no fox no cnn no hln what the hell is wrong with that picture . It's all about the blacks and how they are be so mistreated !!! I call bullshit
Call BS on your controlled media. You still think your media is free from censorship???

LMAO so much for your "name"
Toby

Eugene, OR

#1602 Aug 27, 2014
Flygerian wrote:
<quoted text>
Hyperbole lol. Thats all you got.
But what are your words on the racial housing system in Chicago that didnt allow many blacks to buy housing? Oh but thats over now so it doesnt matter huh? That directly leads into crime. People arent deciding to do crime to do crime. They do that because of their economic situation (of course there are outliers). And yes blacks economic situation is DIRECTLY tied to what happened in the past where they were stunted. Look up the circle of poverty..
The thing is, you dont care.. You rather live the lie that blacks are inferior. But the first will be last and the last will be first :) Have fun while you can because without repenting it will not be fun in the long run for you or those like you
'

You're rationalizing , digressing and then assuming you're really making any legitimate points. Actually I don't believe any ethnicity is inferior, and because I don't buy your particular brand of rationalization doesn't mean any (imagined deity) will punish me with hell ,did you adopt the religion those you despise or only bits and pieces of it?
Flygerian

Dallas, TX

#1603 Aug 27, 2014
Conservative wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the best response to fly's continuous rant about the past. VERY well done Enough!
What is stated here is what most of us are feeling about racism in America today. We acknowledge the bad in our history, but point to the here and now with many successful blacks and two generations now post civil rights era as PROOF that if you apply yourself and assimilate, you'll succeed.
Our half black president and full black attorney general are PROOF of this. Do you think history has kept either of them down?
Time for blacks to leave the past, take care of today, and embrace America.
"We acknowledge the bad in our history"

No. No you dont. If thats the case, the FIRST time I mentioned both YOU would have answered. But you and your friends avoided it.

And your quotes about their being SOME successful blacks therefore there being opportunity for ALL is incorrect. Did Obama come from the ghetto? Did he go to poorly funded schools with teachers that did not care? Old textbooks? Broken down schools? I mean I can go on and on. But you dont want to address the truth. You want to address your biased views so you can talk down on them.

If you want to help them then lets discuss the systematic issues that help crime thrive. Lets discuss personal accountability. Not one or the other... BOTH are important for a thriving black community. But as I said, blacks are growing while the white race is shrinking. Theres a reason for that....
Toby

Eugene, OR

#1604 Aug 27, 2014
Flygerian wrote:
<quoted text>
Ignorance is bliss as they say
Thats where you rather stay than actually study and view CAUSE and EFFECT.
True, if ignorance is bliss then you must be in a perpetual state of ecstasy.
Flygerian

Dallas, TX

#1605 Aug 27, 2014
Conservative wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Fly, did you read "Enough's" response to your historical rant? He completely takes apart your argument in a rational, logical fashion! Its a good read. And even short enough for you to pay attention to ;)
Says the person that cant address posts directly...

What you want to do is talk down about black people lol. if you wanted a honest discussion you would have gave me one.. Instead you avoid and deflect so you dont have to answer....
Flygerian

Dallas, TX

#1606 Aug 27, 2014
Toby wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't witnessed Fly winning one argument yet, his/her delusions of grandeur coupled with repetitive redundant meaningless drivel doesn't really mean any rational argument has even been presented, it's Illusory superiority at its best with Fly.
"His" :)

And you must be projecting your inner thoughts to me and my "grandeur". I appreciate the compliment :D
Flygerian

Dallas, TX

#1607 Aug 27, 2014
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
tell you what sounds familiar
You cant tell me anything LOL

:D
Toby

Eugene, OR

#1608 Aug 27, 2014
I'm guessing " Black liberation theology" correct?
Flygerian

Dallas, TX

#1609 Aug 27, 2014
California Cop wrote:
"Black cop kills unarmed white male Dillon Taylor in Utah"
Where is the outrage over this? This happened within days of Ferguson!
Instead of bringing it up to deflect from a similar event, why not DISCUSS it? Why not DISCUSS the police abusing their power to not only blacks, but other races? Why arent YOU outraged?

Instead what I see, is people using the story to deflect from this one. Why?
Flygerian

Dallas, TX

#1610 Aug 27, 2014
lifeisshort wrote:
<quoted text>The facts are all around you, Flygeian. I know it's hard to accept when the truth is against you but don't go through life with blinders on. Go to any of the projects or slum neighborhoods and yes, you'll see some whites also on welfare but the majority of the people on welfare are black with several mouths to feed that shouldn't have happened and probably no father around.
So instead of challenging someone for facts that you already know are true, do something about it. Don't become a statistic along with your race. Take off the do-rag and become an individual that has a backbone and gets out of the project mentality. Nobody owes you a living so it's all up to you.
I didnt ask for your insults lol. Though they do make me laugh.

Bring the statistics. Oh and not "percentages" but bring the NUMBERS so we can say which race uses the most aid. I'll wait for the stats or deflection that will result of my question
Toby

Eugene, OR

#1613 Aug 27, 2014
The bad thing about Christianity is it never really condemns slavery, and is itself of a slave mentality. Christianity possesses all the traits of an efficient extortionist, with threats of hell and promises of heaven.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oroville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man shot multiple times in Berry Creek a disputea (Dec '16) Jul 14 Rhino 4
News Homeless ousted from camp (Feb '09) Jul 10 TownWitch 93
FYI: Cali residents are entitled to payments wh... Jun '17 Chico Bandito 1
News Early-morning fire destroys Bucks Lake Lodge (Jan '10) Jun '17 Missey 24
News A a safea space to shoot up: Worth a try in Cal... Jun '17 Jane 1
News Pot grow raided in south Oroville (Sep '08) Jun '17 Shilo 178
BECAREFULL tenage GIRLS!!! in MARYSVILLE!!! (Jul '08) May '17 Williamsville 4

Oroville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance