Normal St. Bar slaying verdict reached

A Butte County jury on Wednesday convicted a former Chico State student of second-degree murder in connection with a fatal shooting outside a downtown Chico bar three years ago Jurors agreed the defendant, ... Full Story
cupojoy

Chico, CA

#1 Sep 4, 2008
The list of dead or forever ruined young people who have been let down by Behavioral Health (Chico) is multiplying exponentially.... No doubt this guy (Schmitz) knew what he was doing, but he was also grossly neglected by people who could have helped him who did not bother....Any parents or family members out there who have similar stories about how Chico Behavioral Health neglected their loved ones who subsequently were sent into a crisis? I'd like to know...email me at tazodegozo@gmail.com...I am in the process of looking into it further...
ChicoGuy

Paradise, CA

#2 Sep 5, 2008
This is the second major poor job done by the Butte County DA's office in a major murder case. Previously the DA's lost that murder case in Oroville. I think maybe they need to shake things up in the DA's office.
Too Bad

Santa Rosa, CA

#3 Sep 5, 2008
With Schmitz in Jail, and Chad dead, now there are two drug dealers off our streets. Everyone knows Chad was a dealer, and so was Willie.

How else do you think Chad was so popular with Chico State students when he did not even go to school there? Karma is a bitch.
what

Carlsbad, CA

#4 Sep 7, 2008
chad never sold drugs, he was my good friend, not once did he deal anything, please don't speculate on subjects you know nothing about, he was popular b/c he was a local
Chads boy

Cupertino, CA

#5 Sep 8, 2008
Too Bad wrote:
With Schmitz in Jail, and Chad dead, now there are two drug dealers off our streets. Everyone knows Chad was a dealer, and so was Willie.
How else do you think Chad was so popular with Chico State students when he did not even go to school there? Karma is a ****.
You are absolutely ridiculous saying this, it hurts me to read this crap. Every one knew Chad was a dealer? Unbelievable you say this, Chad never sold drugs. You are a fool, and have no clue what you are talking about. He was popular because he was a good guy, most everyone enjoyed being around him because you were always in for a good time and lots of laughter. I hope you think before you write another post and to the people running this post please screen for idiots that write this crap.
Chico Local

Upper Saddle River, NJ

#6 Sep 8, 2008
Too Bad wrote:
With Schmitz in Jail, and Chad dead, now there are two drug dealers off our streets. Everyone knows Chad was a dealer, and so was Willie.
How else do you think Chad was so popular with Chico State students when he did not even go to school there? Karma is a ****.
It is a shame that someone with such ignorance and lack of information can come to a conclusion that is completely innaccurate. I knew Chad very well and hung out with him on a daily basis. Not only was he a great student but he was a great friend. That is the only reason why he was so popular and known. People are drawn to people they like and who they enjoy being around. So, next time, get your facts correct before you ASSume! God bless you!
Chico Local

Upper Saddle River, NJ

#7 Sep 8, 2008
ChicoGuy wrote:
This is the second major poor job done by the Butte County DA's office in a major murder case. Previously the DA's lost that murder case in Oroville. I think maybe they need to shake things up in the DA's office.
The DA's office in Butte County has always been pathetic. From Ramsey all the way down to his protege's. They put in lots of work on senseless cases and little to no work on important cases such as this. I wish we had someone in there that could get the job done. We'll see!
Chilegirl

Albuquerque, NM

#8 Sep 9, 2008
I knew Chad's father, Don, in high school in Albuqueruqe, NM. I have recently found out he was killed in an airplane accident in 1986. Chad's uncle told me. I am so sorry for the family and hope Dee Ann can find peace.
Edmund Burke

United States

#9 Sep 10, 2008
Where did Chad get the cocaine that was in his blood at autopsy? Why was he almost "dead drunk" the night he died? Seems he was doing really well in his alcohol rehab program in Paradise! He was ordered not to consume booze and yet he still did. Where was his family and all these "close friends"? Why not go to buttecounty.net and look at his court record? He may have been a local but he sure wasn't any role model, unless local parents want their boys to grow up like him-an out of control man on borrowed time.
Edmund Burke

United States

#10 Sep 10, 2008
what wrote:
chad never sold drugs, he was my good friend, not once did he deal anything, please don't speculate on subjects you know nothing about, he was popular b/c he was a local
So why did he have coke and an almost deadly level of booze in his blood at his autopsy? If you were such a "good friend", why didn't you try to help him get off drugs/booze? To say nothing of his propensity for violence. Guess it was all a misunderstanding with the 3 Hmong fishermen?
Edmund is a joke

Santa Cruz, CA

#12 Sep 10, 2008
Edmund Burke wrote:
<quoted text>So why did he have coke and an almost deadly level of booze in his blood at his autopsy? If you were such a "good friend", why didn't you try to help him get off drugs/booze? To say nothing of his propensity for violence. Guess it was all a misunderstanding with the 3 Hmong fishermen?
First of all, you're a big time joke! Secondly, being from Chico, of course Chad partied, so did the majority of the people who are from this "party town". That includes parents, teachers, business owners, etc, etc.. To deny the fact that Chico brings this type of lifestyle amongst the people who live here is plain ignorance. It is pretty sad to see someone talk so negatively about someone who is dead and can't defend themselves. You are the perfect example of a coward. The real drug dealer is the guy who is going to prison. He was busted with pounds of coke and crystal and was high as hell on crystal when he shot Chad.....let me guess, you must have been one of schmitty's clients? Hey Edmund, grow yourself a pair and move on!
St Chad

Santa Rosa, CA

#14 Sep 12, 2008
1. He never sold drugs.
2. He was never convicted of a hate crime.
3. He was never ordered not to consume booze and he was doing well in his rehab program.
4. He was doing so well in rehab that he only blew a .36 and had coke in his system.
5. He was an outstanding citizen.
peace off

Chico, CA

#16 Jun 15, 2014
The da's office are fng retards. That poor kid is dead and those dipsh!ts dropped the ball.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oroville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Laser treatment that tackles toenail fungus ava... (Jan '09) Jan 20 SaTaN 166
any girls want to Skype? Jan 20 SaTaN 2
Review: Grain FED Worm Castings Jan 20 Joeknows 1
Funeral today for homicide victims (Jul '08) Jan 12 Ridiculous Website 1 38
: Homes near Palermo evacuated as fire burns st... (Jun '08) Jan 5 Joan Rios 20
Men injured in Oroville shooting Jan 3 trizteza 2
Police Shooting on April 28 / victim Victor Col... (May '14) Jan 1 WeCopWatch 3
Oroville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Oroville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:08 am PST