Rec district votes to approve gymnast...

Rec district votes to approve gymnastic center loans

There are 8 comments on the Oroville Mercury-Register story from Aug 2, 2010, titled Rec district votes to approve gymnastic center loans. In it, Oroville Mercury-Register reports that:

The Feather River Recreation And Park District Board of Directors today voted 4-0 to approve two loans to buy the Oroville Gymnastics Sports Academy for $3.5 million.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Oroville Mercury-Register.

Joke hahahahaha

United States

#1 Aug 2, 2010
What a f'ing joke!!! They cant even take care of the deals they have going right now. VOTE THEM ALL OUT!!!!!!
Titanic

United States

#2 Aug 2, 2010
Well folks,

I give it less than a year and Parks and Rec. will finally have taken the last straw on the proverbial back. Bob Sharkey ran her into the ice berg and Vene Thompson and Rogir Sudan turned the pumps off. She's going down!

They can't even MAINTAIN what they have...How on earth can they take on more? Need I say that again? MAINTAIN!!!!!!!

Are you kidding me? It's astonishing at the logic. I can't believe the City is allowing them to do this; Oh wait, yes I can, this City is getting paid off on the previous loan.

Vote em' out in November!

Mr. Ramsey, it's time to earn your keep my friend.
Don Noble

Redding, CA

#3 Aug 2, 2010
In a bold move, the Feather River Recreation and Parks Department has saved Northern California's premier gymnastic facility. For anyone who's never had the opportunity: check it out. Most people who walk through its doors for the first time, are awestruck that it was built here in Oroville in the first place. Ask the ignorant naysayers in the above blogs what CARD, any other rec dept in Northern CA, has to compare to it.

The Rec Dept.'s purchase is genius. From a strictly investment perspective, it's probably $1.5 to $2 million undervalued. But more importantly, the greater community will benefit in many ways: jobs, tax revenues, increased business at local motels, restaurants and other businesses.

Best of all, with the planned increase in programs that will now be available at the gym, hundreds more of our community's children will now have the chance to take part. This is the real bottom line.

Congratulations and thanks, FRRPD boardmembers.
Terry

Oroville, CA

#4 Aug 3, 2010
Oh my good grief!! A good business deal?? The place has not been able to keept its doors open without loans and the bank loaning the money is about ready to fold?? What on earth are these people smoking??
neil

AOL

#5 Aug 3, 2010
Don Noble wrote:
In a bold move, the Feather River Recreation and Parks Department has saved Northern California's premier gymnastic facility. For anyone who's never had the opportunity: check it out. Most people who walk through its doors for the first time, are awestruck that it was built here in Oroville in the first place. Ask the ignorant naysayers in the above blogs what CARD, any other rec dept in Northern CA, has to compare to it.
The Rec Dept.'s purchase is genius. From a strictly investment perspective, it's probably $1.5 to $2 million undervalued. But more importantly, the greater community will benefit in many ways: jobs, tax revenues, increased business at local motels, restaurants and other businesses.
Best of all, with the planned increase in programs that will now be available at the gym, hundreds more of our community's children will now have the chance to take part. This is the real bottom line.
Congratulations and thanks, FRRPD boardmembers.
This building was way over built for the area. Kind of like Harrison Stadium..We are a town of 15,000 people. We are trying to keep up with the Jone's (Chico) where they have 80,000 population..I guess as long as Oroville keeps getting taxpayer money they will keep spending it.. Use it or lose it is the thoughts of our politicans..
NOT GOOD

Oroville, CA

#6 Aug 3, 2010
FRRPD should be all voted out and the grand jury should investigate this public misuse of taxpayer funds! This is a terrible business decision and will bankrupt the district. It's only a matter of time. FRRPD has shown it is not business or community minded. Look at the mess they created with the Soccer Club and Riverbend Park. Owning a childcare is not their mission or even in their master plan....
Always interesting

Chico, CA

#7 Aug 3, 2010
Neil...whose pet project was Harrison Stadium...Roger Sudan. Now Roger has another pet project to play with.
wayyy

Oroville, CA

#9 Nov 26, 2011
Jan Hill and Loren Gill are still causing trouble and contributing nothing. Mrs. Hill drumbed up the recall election by lying to people. Now hopefully the old witch will get recalled herself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oroville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anyone see Marvin Markle lose his sh*t yesterday? (Feb '12) May 25 Barbara 100
marvin and beverly mcquarrie (Feb '14) May 22 Glenn Schoeneck 3
News SmartMeters being installed by PG&E in Butte Co... (May '10) May 21 Sigmund Freud 36
News Grand jury probed two Ridge officers (Mar '08) Apr 29 Concerned citizen 508
Review: Dennis Lucas Plumbing Repair (Oct '11) Apr 29 PB4YOU 2
News Rape suspect arrested by Oroville police (Jun '10) Apr '15 keepalowprofile 12
Review: Oroville Tacos (Aug '14) Mar '15 tamikajohnson1959 5
More from around the web

Oroville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]