Political Firefighters, Butte County

Political Firefighters, Butte County

Posted in the Oroville Forum

Gary Heath

Clinton, IA

#1 Apr 3, 2013
I worked as a seasonal summer firefighter in Butte County 4 summers while attending college. On my crew, there was a nephew of a full-time permanent CDF employee, a grandson of another, and the brother of a third. On fires, these 3 resisted fighting fire, doing as little as possible (occasionally nothing). Fires became difficult to contain because of these 3 "free riders." Fires that should have been small got big.
Has anyone else who worked for the Thermalito Hdqtrs of Cal Fire experienced or heard of other free-riding family-connected "firefighers"?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oroville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Leslie Bond sentenced to life in prison (Jul '10) Aug 20 Nicolesigler27 23
News Trial begins for former Vacaville developer cha... Aug 17 Birds Landing Bob 1
News Beale airman arrested in child sex sting Aug 12 Wtf 4
Webster's, Nolan's Dads Abandon Families Aug 11 Granine Griessy 1
News Witnesses recount fatal shooting outside Chico bar (Aug '08) Aug 10 Rhee 10
News Two juveniles arraigned in the Millerberg beati... (Mar '06) Jul '16 Alyssa 8
News Father's House caught in financial pinch (Nov '08) Jul '16 Paul Libby 32

Oroville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Oroville Mortgages