Three strikes get killer 33 years to life in Magalia stabbing

An Auburn parolee was returned to prison for life under a three-strikes sentence imposed Tuesday in connection with a fatal 2006 stabbing in Magalia. Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
learn your facts too

United States

#63 Jul 28, 2010
learn your facts wrote:
darrin was in compliance of his parole, because parolees can leave 50 MILES of their couty of residence with out permission... plus paul was a dirt bag snich, held my brother till the cops came and arrested him for robbing "miners market" across the streest from his parents house. he was also a bully doing nothing to be a productive member of the community and therefore got what he had coming.
the so-called victim was a bully and a women beater that was out to do hrm to innocent people that didnt have a drug habit like himself.... yeah its a shame that he lost his life, but imagine what his victims are feeling now. they dont have to live in fear of the monster anymore.... truth is it was either paul or darrin dying that night and it just so happend to be paul. so good luck on your life darrin, keep your head up and hope to see you on the outside
Most of this info is inaccurate.Your bitter insults toward a man who is dead, at the hand of others (3), speaks volumns about your character, none of which is edifying. It's easy to ill of someone unable to speak for themself.
Darrin may have been able to travel 50 miles, as you say, but NOT to Butte Co., this was a term of his parole, as his prior victims were still residents there.
Say What

United States

#64 Jul 28, 2010
does it matter wrote:
MINDY SURE IS AROUND A LOT OF MEN THAT END UP DEAD,WHY
She is also around a lot of men who don't end up dead. Please leave her alone. She's had enough pain.
Help me understand

Pacific, MO

#65 Jul 30, 2010
learn your facts wrote:
darrin was in compliance of his parole, because parolees can leave 50 MILES of their couty of residence with out permission... plus paul was a dirt bag snich, held my brother till the cops came and arrested him for robbing "miners market" across the streest from his parents house. he was also a bully doing nothing to be a productive member of the community and therefore got what he had coming.
the so-called victim was a bully and a women beater that was out to do hrm to innocent people that didnt have a drug habit like himself.... yeah its a shame that he lost his life, but imagine what his victims are feeling now. they dont have to live in fear of the monster anymore.... truth is it was either paul or darrin dying that night and it just so happend to be paul. so good luck on your life darrin, keep your head up and hope to see you on the outside
Do I read you correctly....Paul detained your brother after HE robbed a store and Paul's the bad guy? Sounds like a concerned citizen to me. We could use more like him in America....someone who will step up and protect.
Further, why is the "truth" that either Paul or Darrin would die that night? Was something prearranged? Do you know something that YOU should step up to the authorities with? Do YOUR part to be a productive member of the community.
Speaking of Darrin, how's his appeal process coming? Will we, the productive members of the community, have to live in fear of THAT monster anytime soon?
How's your brother? Alive, I hope.
Patience Prestridge

Raleigh, NC

#66 Jul 31, 2010
Seems like some of the 'people' writing on here are "brave" enough to say what is on their minds...yet, not brave enough to say who they ACTUALLY are.
christine boyle

Chico, CA

#67 Aug 4, 2010
Patience Prestridge wrote:
Seems like some of the 'people' writing on here are "brave" enough to say what is on their minds...yet, not brave enough to say who they ACTUALLY are.
huh whom are you? gunner rogers? christine boyle?
christine boyle

Chico, CA

#68 Aug 4, 2010
just don't do it to me!
Patience Prestridge

Chico, CA

#69 Aug 4, 2010
christine boyle wrote:
<quoted text> huh whom are you? gunner rogers? christine boyle?
I am Paul's sister. Who are you?
Patience Prestridge

Raleigh, NC

#70 Aug 5, 2010
christine boyle wrote:
just don't do it to me!
]

Just don't do what to you?
Innocent Man

Chico, CA

#71 Dec 29, 2011
Darrin was my step dad and a damn great one he didn't murder Paul. Rick had been attacked by Paul so darrin grabbed the knife away and threw it off. Everyone who was at the trial lied even Darrins brother and Ricks wife Amanda went and had to use the phone and cleaned up the rest of the blood. Darrin was innocent Paul was a gang member who has probaly murderer before and probaly deserved to die but I know that my step dad didn't do that I still visit him when I can Amanda Baum is the one who killed not Darrin and if Rick would ever say the truth it was self defense then maybe an innocencent man wouldn't be locked up for 33 to life. And all you who think Darrin is a rapist and deserved to go to jail he wasn't he was forced to go to that house so quit talking shit about Darrin you don't even know what happened that night.
Patience Prestridge

Chico, CA

#73 Jan 3, 2012
Innocent Man wrote:
Darrin was my step dad and a damn great one he didn't murder Paul. Rick had been attacked by Paul so darrin grabbed the knife away and threw it off. Everyone who was at the trial lied even Darrins brother and Ricks wife Amanda went and had to use the phone and cleaned up the rest of the blood. Darrin was innocent Paul was a gang member who has probaly murderer before and probaly deserved to die but I know that my step dad didn't do that I still visit him when I can Amanda Baum is the one who killed not Darrin and if Rick would ever say the truth it was self defense then maybe an innocencent man wouldn't be locked up for 33 to life. And all you who think Darrin is a rapist and deserved to go to jail he wasn't he was forced to go to that house so quit talking shit about Darrin you don't even know what happened that night.
Fact: Paul had a knife wound in his back...they stabbed a man that was walking away. Fact: Paul was unconcious when he was stabbed in the heart. Fact: the police had not been called from the Pacheco home. Darrin's lawyer did use self defense as Darrin's reasoning for killing Paul...that's why he did not get 1st degree murder. I venture to guess you are a young adult, maybe only a child when this murder happened...it's okay for you to love all involved in my brother's murder, but really you are advocating that my brother's murder was okay??? REALLY??? what if the man you love as a father had been killed for his past choices...you'd be okay with him being murdered because he "probably deserved it"?
Innocent Man

Chico, CA

#74 Jan 3, 2012
Darrin saved Ricks life Paul would have killed him if it werent for Darrin. Darrins the only Innocent Man on the trial. Everyone lied as i said Mindy knew the police officer and had him lie if Paul were still alive he would be rotting in jail for this crime but Rick would be buried.
Innocent man-rethink that

Chico, CA

#75 Jan 4, 2012
Paul was choked (Rick), kicked repeatedly in the head (Amanda)and stabbed in the heart (Darrin). How did Amanda manage to get 6 or more kicks in if Paul had been standing upright? Three on one, who had the disadvantage? The one who ended up dead. Paul also had stab wounds to his back and thigh and defense wounds on his hands. He was clearly fighting for HIS life. He was not drunk or on drugs, all information verifiable in the autopsy report fron the Coroner, who testified in court that Paul was not moving when the knife went into and out of his heart,as could be decifered by his study of the knife wound. Yeah, Darrin was a real hero that night.
It sounds as if you may been at the house that night, my sympathies, you'll have a lot to work through.
It also sounds as if you have insight and inside information the DA might like to know too. Maybe you could help make the upper ridge a safer place to live by getting additional participants properly prosecuted. Do the right thing. Report what you actually KNOW to the proper authorities. There is no statute of limitations on murder. Perhaps Darrins sentence would be reassessed if others who assisted got prosecuted.
It's fine for you to defend someone you love, but not while diminishing someone else who was and is loved by many others.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oroville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anyone see Marvin Markle lose his sh*t yesterday? (Feb '12) Oct 19 just cause 96
Marvin Markle (Mar '12) Oct 17 Happy 15
Review: Oroville Tacos Oct 1 Roy T 4
Leslie Bond sentenced to life in prison (Jul '10) Sep '14 RYGAR530 14
beating Sep '14 psychomike 1
Council continues Walmart appeals (Dec '10) Sep '14 Andy 49
Recent reports of bodies found/murders in Orovi... Aug '14 Justsaying 1
Oroville Dating
Find my Match

Oroville Jobs

Oroville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Oroville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Oroville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]