Contra Costa expected to permanently ...

Contra Costa expected to permanently ban marijuana dispensaries

There are 10 comments on the Oroville Mercury-Register story from Feb 25, 2008, titled Contra Costa expected to permanently ban marijuana dispensaries. In it, Oroville Mercury-Register reports that:

Contra Costa County officials are expected move to permanently ban marijuana dispensaries in the county.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Oroville Mercury-Register.

prop187_imlaw

United States

#1 Feb 25, 2008
medical dispensaries are going to be banned? make your voice heard on this issue before they make the decision without your consent. if you ever have a need later due to an illness to you or a loved one, and have to go to alameda or s.f. county to get your meds for pain or to be able to not throw your guys up, you'll understand why this is important to have somewhere localy. this is another gehstopo type move that is once again over turning the peoples vote in this state by a few that think they know better than the people, for the people, and will do what THEY want, not what the people have voted.
any one of these people that are going to ban these medical places should be recalled and removed from office.

the people have voted and passed this issue already. we can't let them tell us what to do again. ARE YOU GOING TO LET THEM TAKE YOUR VOTE AWAY AGAIN??
Oroville Citizen

United States

#2 Feb 25, 2008
I'm sick of the medical marijuana debate. Why is it legal to go to a bar and drink and then you have to drive home but you can't grow a plant and smoke it? Our laws need to be repealed. People should have the opportunity to use marijuana if they want. It's completely natural. Would you ban hops and barley? I think not. We voted for laws to legalize for a reason!
steveg

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#3 Feb 25, 2008
Oroville Citizen wrote:
I'm sick of the medical marijuana debate. Why is it legal to go to a bar and drink and then you have to drive home but you can't grow a plant and smoke it? Our laws need to be repealed. People should have the opportunity to use marijuana if they want. It's completely natural. Would you ban hops and barley? I think not. We voted for laws to legalize for a reason!
My friend - it's all about taxes. Until the people "downtown" can come up with a way to tax the product, it will remain illegal. What this country really needs is a good first class revolution and kick all these people out of office and start over!
oroville citizen

Fremont, CA

#4 Feb 26, 2008
i'm sick of the marijuana debate also, i don't believe if focuses with clarity on what the real issues are. i don't think it should be illegal, and i also don't approve of its use personally.

the fact that so many people feel the need to take drugs to alleviate their psychologically painful state concerns me the most. the medical marijuana debate is nothing but a smokescreen to further the agenda of the people who advocate unrestricted use of mind altering drugs. when was the last time you encountered a legimate medical user of marijuana? i can't remember the last time i met one.

what does that say about our society?

why would a "normal" person want to use a drug that basically puts their higher intellectual functions "to sleep"? answer: something is wrong, basically inside of their head.

wake up america.
Yay for losers

United States

#5 Feb 26, 2008
I'm so sick of the man, you know! If I want to escape from reality because I simply cannot deal with life, then that should be my choice. It's all a part of the WTO conspiracy. It's my brain to demolish and my lungs to blacken. Plus, I have a chronic pain in my the fingernail of my right pinky finger that I need my marijuana prescription for. Why should my fingernail suffer because of closed minded nazis?
cupojoy

Chico, CA

#6 Feb 26, 2008
Sadly, numbskulls (whether alcoholic, pot-smoking or other blitzed out believers) have no idea how awesome and blessed life really is....There are so many mountains to climb, people to meet, songs to sing, countries to visit and good to do for others....... you are only a loser if you think you are....
oroville citizen

United States

#7 Feb 26, 2008
I have met many cancer patients who use marijuana to quell the nausea that comes with chemotherapy. I have used it for nausea and I used to think that people just said it worked to have a reason to use it but it's true. I have met many marijuana users who use it to ease the chronic pain they are in. What's the difference of using a plant in it's natural dried state or using a derivative of the opium poppy for pain control as in morphine or vicodin? It's only illegal because during prohibition in the 20's and 30's the fabulous Randolph Hearst decided that he and another man would be the voice of reason and vilify marijuana, citing that it caused people to murder. Marijuana was legal up until then. Look it up on the History channel or do a search on Marijuana history and you will surely be enlightened.
As a health care professional I am an advocate for patient's rights. This is a legitimate drug that is used by thousands of people and not just people who want to sit around escaping reality.
Our country has got it's priorities completely screwed up. Molesters and murderers have more freedom and rights than average citizens. If I or anyone else want to smoke a joint at night to help me sleep, how does that hurt you? It doesn't.
Yet again, marijuana is a plant. It grows naturally. The laws should be changed to allow marijuana to be grown and taxed like any other crop. I don't agree with Mexican nationals who grow in national forests but the local grower who grows with a recommendation and for himself should have no fear of legal recourse.
John R Largent

St. John's, Canada

#8 Feb 26, 2008
Needless to say this is another stupid effort to close down legal enterprises and deprive many people of a cure for their depression, aches, and other ailments. Obviously it will only drive these people to go to the local drug dealer to try and get the pot they badly need. It is just to bad that Boards of Supervisors such as these even exist. Hopefully during the next revolution these kinds of people will receive their just due.
Get informed

Magalia, CA

#9 Nov 14, 2010
I'm a nurse and have my rx for medicinal marijuana. It helps with my stomach pain and sleeping. You are entitled to your opinion but there are many people who do use it as medicine.
oroville citizen wrote:
i'm sick of the marijuana debate also, i don't believe if focuses with clarity on what the real issues are. i don't think it should be illegal, and i also don't approve of its use personally.
the fact that so many people feel the need to take drugs to alleviate their psychologically painful state concerns me the most. the medical marijuana debate is nothing but a smokescreen to further the agenda of the people who advocate unrestricted use of mind altering drugs. when was the last time you encountered a legimate medical user of marijuana? i can't remember the last time i met one.
what does that say about our society?
why would a "normal" person want to use a drug that basically puts their higher intellectual functions "to sleep"? answer: something is wrong, basically inside of their head.
wake up america.
Stranger

United States

#10 Aug 4, 2011
Marijuana is doing no harm to anyone, its one of the safest drugs on this planet. It's been here before us and we shouldn't be trying to eliminate it.We should take out the drugs that harm us not the ones that help us.

-dont smoke tobacco smoke weed
-dont smoke crack smoke weed
-dont pop pills smoke weed

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oroville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 5 Oroville Dam workers fired after posting pict... Sat scooterman 4
News Museum Talk: Lumber Flumes Part 2 (Mar '10) Feb 23 randy 3
News Museum Talk: Hotels and meals along the road - ... (Jan '11) Feb 23 randy 4
News Did California Divert Dam Repair Funds to Progr... Feb 17 spytheweb 2
News Turning 3 at evacuation shelter, boy gets birth... Feb 16 Xstain Mullah Fra... 2
News The Latest: New forecasts factored into end of ... Feb 16 Battle Tested 9
News 188,000 under evacuation orders near Northern C... Feb 16 Truth 81

Oroville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Oroville Mortgages