Boredom reigns in long line at Alamog...

Boredom reigns in long line at Alamogordo post office

There are 47 comments on the Alamogordo Daily News story from Dec 19, 2009, titled Boredom reigns in long line at Alamogordo post office. In it, Alamogordo Daily News reports that:

With all the hubbub generated locally about the long, time-consuming lines at the Alamogordo post office, I decided to pay it a visit Friday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Alamogordo Daily News.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Colleen

Santa Fe, NM

#45 Dec 22, 2009
3 years ago my brother said he would mail a letter the day after Christmas. On February 3rd, I finally called and asked if he sent it. He had, and it finally got here February 10. 1200 miles in 6 weeks. Pony Express would have been faster!

“Best Quilter in Alamogordo”

Since: Feb 08

Alamogordo

#46 Dec 22, 2009
The Pony Express was founded by William H. Russell, William B. Waddell, and Alexander Majors. Plans for the Pony Express were spurred by the threat of the Civil War and the need for faster communication with the West. The Pony Express consisted of relays of men riding horses carrying saddlebags of mail across a 2000-mile trail. The service opened officially on April 3, 1860, when riders left simultaneously from St. Joseph, Missouri, and Sacramento, California. The first westbound trip was made in 9 days and 23 hours and the eastbound journey in 11 days and 12 hours. The pony riders covered 250 miles in a 24-hour day.

How embarrasing for USPS. Like I said to them on the phone yesterday, "if my business provided such bad service, I would no longer be in busines."
Colleen wrote:
3 years ago my brother said he would mail a letter the day after Christmas. On February 3rd, I finally called and asked if he sent it. He had, and it finally got here February 10. 1200 miles in 6 weeks. Pony Express would have been faster!

“My Virgin Ears! ”

Since: Aug 08

Alamoghetto evacuee

#48 Dec 23, 2009
As smoothly as the Post Office runs, I can't wait to see how government run health care operates!
Leprachan

Alamogordo, NM

#49 Dec 23, 2009
ABCDEFG wrote:
I always go to DirectMail-- It is super fast & friendly... Great service! The only time I have ever gone to the post office is for my passport, and the only time I will ever go back is to renew it about 8 years from now........
You don't even need to go the post office for your passport application. You can re-new it on-line.
Pha - Q

United States

#50 Dec 23, 2009
ken91turbo wrote:
As smoothly as the Post Office runs, I can't wait to see how government run health care operates!
No problem. Death panels that will shorten your wait!!!
Dee

Albuquerque, NM

#51 Dec 26, 2009
Deborah Goldberg wrote:
Well here is an update on those missing packages you still have not recieved. According to our local post office, if the package was not shipped "Priority Mail" or better, you won't be getting it before Christmas. All packages not shipped PM or better are sitting on a loading dock waiting for room on a truck. They are not expecting any room until after Christmas. My priority package took 11 days to get here. I am still missing one package from Walmart and a priority package I sent 10 days ago to Las Vegas still has not arrived.
Folks, it's not just our post office, the whole system is broken and in need of an overhaul.
Meh, use the shipping store Deb...I've been using them this holiday season and everything got where it needed to go by Christmas. The only thing I use the post office for is regular letter mailing at 44 cents, but I buy my stamps at Walgreens. Same price as the post office and I don't have to wait in their lines to buy a silly stamp!

“Best Quilter in Alamogordo”

Since: Feb 08

Alamogordo

#52 Dec 26, 2009
Can not have any contact with the Shipping Store,.........pending law suit. But I did discover "Direct Mail".
The problem is that there really isn't a good , cheap way to send packages. USPS, UPS and Federal Express, dump packages, not deliver, if the person is not home. I want my packages to reach the person I sent them to, not dumped on the porch for the next person walking down the sidewalk to pick up. If I were poor and could not afford to buy presents, I would just follow one of these trucks around and pick up all the dumped packages. Oops, hope I didn't give anyone any good ideas.
Dee wrote:
<quoted text>
Meh, use the shipping store Deb...I've been using them this holiday season and everything got where it needed to go by Christmas. The only thing I use the post office for is regular letter mailing at 44 cents, but I buy my stamps at Walgreens. Same price as the post office and I don't have to wait in their lines to buy a silly stamp!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orogrande Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Moore of Alabama being asked to step out of race. 17 min Dittoe 256
Hillary just HUSH 20 min Dittoe 270
I Listened... (May '17) 22 min Dittoe 759
Christian, What Your Continued Support Of Trump... 25 min Dittoe 450
FBI Director Defends Agency Against Trump Criti... 36 min Dittoe 2
News Former tanning salon owner sentenced on 166 voy... 1 hr Locopollo 10
Confucius Did Not Say 1 hr Trapper 74 49

Orogrande Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance