Review: Herbert Thompson Funeral Home

Review: Herbert Thompson Funeral Home

Posted in the Ormond Beach Forum

Unhappy Customer

Spring Hill, FL

#1 Mar 17, 2009
Services for a recent family member were entrusted to the Herbert Thompson Funeral Home. I would never recommend this business to anyone for any reason. They are "ALWAYS LATE". They have no caskets or other items for you to view when making your final arrangements for your loved one. Very unorganized and very unprofessional. PLEASE know that your burden, grief and sorrow will only be heightened if you choose to use their so-called services. They only have a hearse and they rent their limo's. What kind of business is this????
Unhappy Customer

Enterprise, AL

#2 Aug 8, 2011
They were very unorganized and unprofessional. They were late all the time and put the obituary in the newspaper late as well. We would never recommend them to anyone else.
Daniel Whelan

Ormond Beach, FL

#3 Aug 8, 2011
I really do agree with unprofessional of this furneal home.I had friend that lost a love one they did now have the equipment to put the body into the casket.They used football player from
Bethune Cookman University to put the body into the casket.The viewing for the family,were @4.P.M.but did not get in until 6.P.M.The sad part were that fluid started coming from the mouth of the decease,and the casket had to be close,with the public viewing stoped,while people wait to view I would not recommend Herbert Thompson, to the Humane Society. People's be careful of this furneal home.
Not Again

Deltona, FL

#4 Jul 16, 2012
Once again some members from my family decided to work with Thompason Funeral home in Daytona Beach. BIG MISTAKE!!!!!!!!!! This place needs to be sold, closed down or others hired to run the business. It's very sad because when Hurbert Thompson,Sr. was alive the mortuary operated with care and concern. The current fanily members that operate this place have no passion. This is NOT what they would like to be doing. If you are not already grief stricken when you arrive, you will be by the time the services are done. Late, late and late again. Unorganized, not sure of what time the viewing and wake are suppose to start. Headed to the wrong cemetery after the services. Poor directing of funeral procession, cars stopping at traffic lights causing gaps in the line up. Funeral home personnel not telling indiviuals in the line up to turn on their headlights. The list is endless. People paying for pre-needs package but not getting the items they paid for. Lost receipts and no paperwork sent to the records office in Tallahassee to record the pre-need payments. Play at your own risk!!!! You should not be treated this way in your time of bereavement!!!!!
Not Again

Deltona, FL

#5 Jul 16, 2012
Recommendation.........Gainous /Wynn Funeral home, up the street from Thompson Funeral home. Fast and friendly service. Mr. Wynn, owner is professional and tells you what you need to know, when you need to know it. NO HIDDEN FEES/COSTS!!! Everything explained and confirmed upon your arrival!!!! If it is available, I recommend the "Hummer" service, the funeral processional is lead by a white, you guessed it...Hummer. Funeral home limo's are owned by the facility and fairly new. They have renovated the facility to include an additional chapel. Depending on your package selection you may get bookmarks, afghans-with loved one's picture or other keepsakes. Do I work for the funeral home???? No, I do not but I would in a country heartbeat!!!! Peace of mind is priceless. "When only memories remain, let them be beautiful"!!! GAINOUS/WYNN-everytime!!!!!!!
hear ya but

Hendersonville, TN

#6 Jul 17, 2012
Prob pointless to ask why your family would use them again after the first nightmare of an experience you say happened the first time around. If you had pre-paid for the second one you should have SUED the deposit back out of them, if they claimed non-refundable and you paid before the first horrifying experience. If you pre-paid after that first one... then something is as wrong with you as with the business K.

Something as bad as the things you claim happened, if it had been me I definitely would have sued them, the FIRST time. Simple enough to prove those kinds of claims... But, no... you all use them again, instead. Same bad experiences, and what... no word about DOING anything about it. Dang buddy, sounds like disrespecting your deceased family loved ones as badly as they did. What's up with THAT?

Nevermind. Highly suspect you won't make any better sense then you have already so just save it. sheesh. cya.
ajwatts11

Rockledge, FL

#7 Jul 17, 2012
hear ya but wrote:
Prob pointless to ask why your family would use them again after the first nightmare of an experience you say happened the first time around. If you had pre-paid for the second one you should have SUED the deposit back out of them, if they claimed non-refundable and you paid before the first horrifying experience. If you pre-paid after that first one... then something is as wrong with you as with the business K.
Something as bad as the things you claim happened, if it had been me I definitely would have sued them, the FIRST time. Simple enough to prove those kinds of claims... But, no... you all use them again, instead. Same bad experiences, and what... no word about DOING anything about it. Dang buddy, sounds like disrespecting your deceased family loved ones as badly as they did. What's up with THAT?
Nevermind. Highly suspect you won't make any better sense then you have already so just save it. sheesh. cya.
Shush the sheesh, dude.
P Ryan Ikegwuonu

League City, TX

#8 Jul 12, 2013
Seems that the many who have been pleased with this funeral home have not written, so I will.(It's too often that those who are not pleased, scream it from the rooftops!)
This is a wonderful family running a business with care and professionalism, especially during difficult economic times for most businesses. ALL businesses have their woes including but not limited to their share of unhappy customers. Overall, we were treated well and will continue to recommend their services.
Others who used their services and were pleased, are encouraged to provide their own positive comments.
Chuck Corey

Port Orange, FL

#9 Jul 31, 2014
A friend of our family lost her daughter and she was taken care of by Thompsons Funural Home. They were wonderful, kind and were great during her time of need. It is a human trait to complain about things more than praise. I agree with the last post who said they were wonderful and would recommend them to others. Thanks and God Bless. Sincerly, Chuck

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ormond Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
me and friends having debate 8 hr Curious 7
News What Volusia-Flagler police are saying: 'There ... Fri ThomasA 7
Cool Facebook page Aug 23 Gifflix 1
News Police: Peeping tom takes pictures, video of wo... Aug 22 Anon 5
Sue winer carter owns the kite warehouse and ha... Aug 22 Mike 1
News Top Stories - FBI Raids Outlaws Motorcycle Club... (Aug '07) Aug 22 RFFR 221
News Rare panther sighting in Central Florida (May '08) Aug 22 Dr Guru 101

Ormond Beach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ormond Beach Mortgages