Natalia Humm of Ormond Beach admits she set up 25 fake marriage...

There are 20 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Nov 27, 2007, titled Natalia Humm of Ormond Beach admits she set up 25 fake marriage.... In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

An Ormond Beach woman apologized Monday in federal court for arranging fraudulent marriages for her financial benefit.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#2 Nov 27, 2007
Send her to Uzbekistan to live,why should we support her in jail here...She has made money illegally here...send her to another country to go to jail...let them support her sorry behind there...
ADM

Winter Garden, FL

#3 Nov 27, 2007
sounds like a traitor to me. Any one of those people she helped could of been an islamic terrorist. give her the max jail time allowed
Nicole

Orlando, FL

#4 Nov 27, 2007
It's refreshing to read about illegal immigrants from a non-Central American region. Sometimes I think we forget that illegal immigrants come from all over the world. Where were Florida's Border Bubbas when all this was going down?
josh

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#5 Nov 27, 2007
Situations like this beg the question: what exactly is marriage? Does it have to be between two people that actually love each other? Is it ever morally right to marry someone just for the tax benefits or citizenship? Imagine the scenario where a wealthy older man falls in love with a younger, poor woman with an amazing figure. How could they prove that she wasn't marrying for money and he wasn't marrying for sex? How could the state prove that the illegal aliens in this case were not in love with the citizens they were matched with? It seems absurd to believe that they fell for prostitutes, and I'm not saying that this lady is innocent (I think she is guilty, even by her own admission), but how can love be proven?
Joe

Chicago, IL

#6 Nov 27, 2007
josh wrote:
Situations like this beg the question: what exactly is marriage? Does it have to be between two people that actually love each other? Is it ever morally right to marry someone just for the tax benefits or citizenship? Imagine the scenario where a wealthy older man falls in love with a younger, poor woman with an amazing figure. How could they prove that she wasn't marrying for money and he wasn't marrying for sex? How could the state prove that the illegal aliens in this case were not in love with the citizens they were matched with? It seems absurd to believe that they fell for prostitutes, and I'm not saying that this lady is innocent (I think she is guilty, even by her own admission), but how can love be proven?
Anna Nicole Smith
really concerned citizen

El Paso, TX

#7 Nov 27, 2007
Ask the toe tappers from the 2nd. floor men's room at Sears if they know what love is!!!!!
Tietrack

Danville, KY

#9 Nov 27, 2007
I'd love to see her executed by hanging in the public square. Another dirt bag destroying our once great nation.
Pandora

Cape Canaveral, FL

#10 Nov 27, 2007
I hope they throw the book at this woman and hunt down and deport all illegals involved in this scheme. We have to make it very clear that this invasion will not be tolerated.
Law Abiding

Orlando, FL

#11 Nov 27, 2007
Dump this trash out of the USA.
Snag

Boca Raton, FL

#12 Nov 27, 2007
If someone is willing to marry a US citizen, work, have a bank account, pay their bills, pay taxes and essentially be squeaky clean as described in the article, who cares about the ethereal qualities of their marriage ? They're already more productive to society than a significant percentage of natural US citizens. This seems quite more rational than accomodating a bunch of boat people who got in by winning a round of the immigrant dodge ball game aka wet-foot/dry-foot doctrine.
Typical

Altamonte Springs, FL

#13 Nov 27, 2007
Nicole wrote:
It's refreshing to read about illegal immigrants from a non-Central American region. Sometimes I think we forget that illegal immigrants come from all over the world. Where were Florida's Border Bubbas when all this was going down?
Unfortunately, as demonstrated, they set up much more elaborate schemes than a Mexican with a 6th grade education could ever imagine. Remember, even though they lied, these immigrants entered the country WITH A VISA, just like the 9/11 hijackers! People should stop worrying about Mexicans and other Latin Americans who just want to work and focus on the REAL THREAT!
Snag

Boca Raton, FL

#14 Nov 29, 2007
Typical wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately, as demonstrated, they set up much more elaborate schemes than a Mexican with a 6th grade education could ever imagine. Remember, even though they lied, these immigrants entered the country WITH A VISA, just like the 9/11 hijackers! People should stop worrying about Mexicans and other Latin Americans who just want to work and focus on the REAL THREAT!
That makes way too much sense!
Distraught husband

United States

#15 Nov 29, 2007
My wife is a victim in this scandal. she went to the office of (what she thought was a lawyer representing the U.S.) to become a citizen. Hell the womans husband was a deputy sherrif. my now wife never thought that this could be illeagal. just some kind of technicality. We met each other sometime after her arranged marrage. 6 months later we got her devorced and then we married. I have waited 39 years to find my wife and now she sits in jail as if she killed someone. she worked hard in this country payed her taxes the whole nine yards. My heart has never been so crushhhed she is the sweetest person you'll ever meet.
Larry Crayg

Palm Bay, FL

#16 Nov 29, 2007
What are all you people upset about? It isn't as if she was arranging for same-sex marriages with foreigners!

AND I'M NOT GAY!!!
Typical

Altamonte Springs, FL

#17 Nov 29, 2007
Distraught husband wrote:
My wife is a victim in this scandal. she went to the office of (what she thought was a lawyer representing the U.S.) to become a citizen. Hell the womans husband was a deputy sherrif. my now wife never thought that this could be illeagal. just some kind of technicality. We met each other sometime after her arranged marrage. 6 months later we got her devorced and then we married. I have waited 39 years to find my wife and now she sits in jail as if she killed someone. she worked hard in this country payed her taxes the whole nine yards. My heart has never been so crushhhed she is the sweetest person you'll ever meet.
You should hire a real immigration attorney to represent her. I'd recommend David Stoller he's an outstanding immigration attorney and a great criminal defense attorney. His office is on 436 and he's in the phonebook.
Nat

United States

#18 Nov 29, 2007
I feel sorry for you and your wife.. I hope she gets out of there soon. I think you, unlike many people who put comments full of hatered and anger , understand that there is no way for people from Europe or anywhere else in the world to come here legelly and work ( and pay there taxes) There is just NO WAY (unless you are world famous scientist or sportsmen, or sneaky enough to make up some stories for immigration officers to get through a political asylium )It not people that everybody has to blame IT IS THE LAWS that your politicians make.. it is hateful and anti-human immigration policy that people are trying to fight. Yes, nobody should go agains the law. But the law shouldn't be stupid as it is in the first place...
Distraught husband wrote:
Nat

United States

#19 Nov 29, 2007
If you don't mind me asking, according to which law do they send american citizens to jail in Uzbekistan now? American citizens who commit crimes in th US - are responsible for what they do HERE -not in some far away country. what do you say about everybody else who is in jail? like drug dillers and rapists who were born and raised here. Send them away? Where? Japan? or Equador? How about sending them to space?
sandegold wrote:
Send her to Uzbekistan to live,why should we support her in jail here...She has made money illegally here...send her to another country to go to jail...let them support her sorry behind there...
Dry-Back

AOL

#20 Nov 30, 2007
Nat wrote:
I feel sorry for you and your wife.. I hope she gets out of there soon. I think you, unlike many people who put comments full of hatered and anger , understand that there is no way for people from Europe or anywhere else in the world to come here legelly and work ( and pay there taxes) There is just NO WAY (unless you are world famous scientist or sportsmen, or sneaky enough to make up some stories for immigration officers to get through a political asylium )It not people that everybody has to blame IT IS THE LAWS that your politicians make.. it is hateful and anti-human immigration policy that people are trying to fight. Yes, nobody should go against the law. But the law shouldn't be stupid as it is in the first place...
<quoted text>
Nat, there are all types of visas people can use to come to the U.S. on a temporary basis (and for an F-1 student, that could last for years). There are also a lot of other options (on the family side and also on the employment side of immigration) that lead to permanent resident status in the U.S.
Fortunately, or unfortunately (depending on your point of view) not every person in the world is going to be eligible for a non-immigrant option/visa, or an immigrant option/visa. It is Congress that decides what the eligibility criteria are for these categories, and I for one donít think America would be a better place if we went the other way and just opened up the borders to anybody and everybody that wants to come in. I donít think its stupid to set criteria as to whom are allowed to visit and immigrate (or who is going to be found ineligible).
Williams

United States

#21 Jan 31, 2008
We are the victims of Natalia Humm and her marriage fraud conspiracy. Nobody can imagine what my wife and I went through emotionally and still going through because of her. I don`t know how could she do this to anybody. We paid her fees not knowing that she is a scam artist. We don`t feel ANY sympathy for her. What we feel is outraged, emotionally destroyed and humiliated.
We hope she gets what she deserves.
carol

Deland, FL

#22 Feb 18, 2008
Why dont they do something with the ladys that signed on for this and are still accepting money every month from these men I personally know one of these women and she still gets money every month from her russian husband that lives in new york with his real wife now this woman is in charge of a tutoring company that gets money from the state for the no child left behind so while she is involved in folonious activity and still going into peoples homes and interacting with children her name is traci seltzer and she has a marriage license filed in volusia county from 05 I'm tired of seeing people work the system

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ormond Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Homicide prosecutor target of inquiry 9 hr Wisteria Harry 1
Gay life/men Sun Denny 1
The War on Culture Gets Furious Sun Culture Auditor 1
Puerto Rico Would Be a Liability on Our Nationa... May 1 Culture Auditor 1
Is Daytona Beach A Good Vacation Spot Or Not??? (Mar '10) Apr 29 brillo wont take ... 150
http://psnboss.com/?ref=BHCIjLrne Apr 26 Batman 2
Enforcers Motorcycle Club Apr 25 SJCSKR 18
More from around the web

Ormond Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]