Mr Brian Gardner made the following s...

Mr Brian Gardner made the following statement

Posted in the Orlinda Forum

Scott McFall Dickson Tn

Nashville, TN

#1 Jan 16, 2008
Is anyone as appalled as I am about the flagrant mistreatment of the Hispanic community in Robertson County? When did hate become justified? Law enforcement is required to do just that; enforce the law but should the officers be allowed to handle fellow human beings in a rough and inhumane way. Should we allow racial slurs and open hate language to go unchecked? Should we sit idly by on the sidelines and proclaim that it’s “someone else’s problem” since they’re not of the same race?
But oddly enough, it’s only the business community that seems saddened by the exodus of the Hispanics being since they make up a large part of the local economy. What is the church’s response to this?“Follow the law of the land” is what I hear but it seems that if the early Christians had just followed the law of the land then there would have been no Gospel preached (since it was illegal). MLK stated that any gospel that doesn’t deal with social ills is a “dry as dust” religion. Has dry as dust lip service religion become so commonplace that we no longer feel when another of God’s creation is in trouble? All I know is that it seems a shame that folks would ostracize and minimize a community of people because they no longer have a monetary resource. Our rituals and customs mean nothing if we cannot feed the hungry and clothe the naked.
Brian Gardner
Orlinda
My responce to Mr Brian Gardner is this:
How about I pick out 10 people in my county living illegaly and send them to your house for a year and you can foot the bill instead of me?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlinda Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Electronic logging devices in big trucks 4 hr American trucker 1
Review: Pleasure Pools (Apr '15) Mon Terry Vance 6
Loooser Mon Freak 1
Generation Church (Mar '12) Sun Justanaopinion 250
Recommendations on your church?? (Oct '14) Sun Justanaopinion 63
Prostitution sting in Portland ? Sun witness 4
Burger King Sat Whopper needed 1

Orlinda Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance