VY closed to fix leak

The Vermont Yankee nuclear power plant was shut down Sunday night after a small leak of radioactive water was discovered in the system pipe section in the turbine building. Full Story
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

“figuresdontlie*l iarscanfigure”

Since: Feb 10

S. Londonderry VT

#102 Nov 10, 2010
John Farmer wrote:
<quoted text>
You just keep getting more insane in the membrane with each post you make. I can't believe that you are so insane that you believe that all legitimate scientific studies, that are peer reviewed mind you, are corrupt. Seriously, that is so far out there it is laughable. I suspect the real reason for your hate of legitimate science is that it does not conform to your preconceived whacko anti nuclear belief. I with most normal people believe that basing a debate on legitimate science is the way to make society better. You however feel that science does not matter because in the end all you want to do is tear down society. How you can live with yourself is beyond me.
Jfarmer9out
I do not accept the lies of the nuclear industy nor rogue agency NRC as the so-called experts.

Peer reviewed? Depends on who these 'peers' are.

There is plenty of independently reviewed scientific information which is not industry sponsored & nuclear funded.

Industry insiders who are not in bed w/the industry or make their living from it, are more than qualified to dispense truthful information based on the same scientific information.

I accept nuclear educated, trained, credentialed experienced professionals whatever their specialty in the idustry may be.

Those who do not swallow or rely upon the flawed methodology & logic which supports everything the industry thinks, says & does are who I listen to.

Since they rely on scientific fact, as well as decipering the industry's own data to arrive @ their conclusions & are not against nuclear power per se but critical of the industry b/c those who regulate it have a vested interest & in fact make their living off of this industry they supposedly regulate simply cannot be trusted.

And, since you are obviously an extremist & pronuclear activist w/agenda & exist solely to cram your agenda down the throats of those who do not agree w/you or the pronulear claque, given the aforementioned notable intimidation tactics you & the rest of them employ, we simply have nothing to discuss.
Veritas

Dover, NH

#103 Nov 11, 2010
"RANT !. FEAR !Pathetic ! Kind of describes them"

No it describes you. NSD has almost 5000 posts. What better evidence of ranting is there than that.

S. Londonderry VT

#104 Nov 11, 2010
Veritas wrote:
"RANT !. FEAR !Pathetic ! Kind of describes them"
No it describes you. NSD has almost 5000 posts. What better evidence of ranting is there than that.
I did not make that comment, you or one of your brave bigot-boy bada*ses did.

Unfortunately, you make zero contributions & since you are a member of pronuclear claque & only here to bash & attempt to silence those who simply disagree w/you why would you?

Merely another multi-alt troll w/no actual account, we do not know how many comments you have made under how many alts now do we.

My posts are primarily stories contributed. I suggest you look in the 'forums & polls' list as well as previous lists.

Topix a big place & this forum not the only one I comment on but since you're nothing but a small-minded e-thug & all you do is whine about comments you disagree with you wouldn't know that either would you, you big baby:
- See bottom of page & here's a handy link:
http://www.topix.com/dir
Cosmic Howdy

AOL

#105 Nov 11, 2010
Hold On .... That was me. I simply was giving MY OPINION and was literally yelled at for RANTING . Ha ! Love it . You guys wax poetically for pages.. au nausaum about Scientific Peer Review etc etc etc.... meanwhile back in the REAL world Vt Nuclear ...is front page in Ma pages. And not for Peer Review.I was called a PATHETIC Activist !. What ? I am not an activist . I am a citizen who has an opinion and will not be railroaded into shutting up. Got it ? FEAR! I was condenscended into being labeled FEARFUL !.... because I thought maybe radiation caused the pro guyes to see wandering trust fund hippies!.. You are fearful of radiation !You cannot make you guys and your retorts up.Can't even take a joke. Maybe in YOUR World this flies. Not in the Real World.Accountability. It's the way of the World. Obviously Vt Nuclear is being called to account for their plant, maintenance, safety. You guys don't like it....Lets apply as much force as possible to shut everyone else up. We'll label them , insult them , gang up on them and make them go away.You can't really think you can sway us to your side do you with this approach? Bullies.And I don't mean Theodore Roosevelt.
John Farmer

United States

#106 Nov 11, 2010
Cosmic Howdy wrote:
Hold On .... That was me. I simply was giving MY OPINION and was literally yelled at for RANTING . Ha ! Love it . You guys wax poetically for pages.. au nausaum about Scientific Peer Review etc etc etc.... meanwhile back in the REAL world Vt Nuclear ...is front page in Ma pages. And not for Peer Review.I was called a PATHETIC Activist !. What ? I am not an activist . I am a citizen who has an opinion and will not be railroaded into shutting up. Got it ? FEAR! I was condenscended into being labeled FEARFUL !.... because I thought maybe radiation caused the pro guyes to see wandering trust fund hippies!.. You are fearful of radiation !You cannot make you guys and your retorts up.Can't even take a joke. Maybe in YOUR World this flies. Not in the Real World.Accountability. It's the way of the World. Obviously Vt Nuclear is being called to account for their plant, maintenance, safety. You guys don't like it....Lets apply as much force as possible to shut everyone else up. We'll label them , insult them , gang up on them and make them go away.You can't really think you can sway us to your side do you with this approach? Bullies.And I don't mean Theodore Roosevelt.
Cosmic Howdy,

Your rants are so crazy it there funny. This stuff is amazing. mea culpa my friend for calling you pathetic this stuff you are writing is some of most laughable stuff I have ever read. For instance your quote

"!.... because I thought maybe radiation caused the pro guyes to see wandering trust fund hippies!..:

That really is some good stuff. F8ck John Stewart and Comedy Central this stuff is leaving me stitches.

Jfarmer9

S. Londonderry VT

#107 Nov 11, 2010
Cosmic Howdy wrote:
Howdy, Howdy. Sorry if I mistook you for bada*ss bigot-boys as your quote was twisted!

Hey nice pep-talk. Ya done fired me up & just listened to Tupac 'Hit em up' & 'Bulletproof' for added fire. Great steady gunning skills in those fire-fights-keep it up! Praise God & pass ammo.

You would not be a target if message not effective.

Everyone else has been run off but a tiny few who will not be silenced & intimidated.

Let's hope they return after furlough & surgery to take their positions.

Everything you just said describe the litany of talking points they continually shape-shift to & from as they slither through these forums & threads spreading their venemous vitriole.
John Farmer

United States

#108 Nov 11, 2010
Nastysmelldump,

You can rant all you want. You can come up with more and excuses not to believe in legitimate peer reviewed science. But at the end of the day you are still a punk to society. Out of all your 5,000 posts do really think you did any good for society. I like most people on this comment board think you are basically an insane fear monger who gets kicks by tearing down societyís success. I sum you are a waste of skin.

Jfarmer9
John Farmer

United States

#109 Nov 11, 2010
Cosmic Howdy wrote:
Hey Northstar once again you hit the nail on the head. You wrote exactly what I was thinking . The general darkness and creepness.To say nothing about the lack of civilized communication with these Scientific Peer review people. The insults, loads of inane mutterings about science.Numbers ! Disreguard the reality of leaks, spills .cracks crashes, fuses.Not an Issue ! As we hear about more mishaps. What reality are they in ? I guess they think if they insult enough,they will silence anyone who disagrees . We will all say okay so its falling down . Full speed ahead.Ironic .Throwing words like . RANT !. FEAR !Pathetic ! Kind of describes them .
You and Nasty smell dump should get a room

S. Londonderry VT

#110 Nov 11, 2010
John Farmer wrote:
<quoted text>Cosmic Howdy,
Your rants are so crazy it there funny. This stuff is amazing. mea culpa my friend for calling you pathetic this stuff you are writing is some of most laughable stuff I have ever read. For instance your quote
"!.... because I thought maybe radiation caused the pro guyes to see wandering trust fund hippies!..:
That really is some good stuff. F8ck John Stewart and Comedy Central this stuff is leaving me stitches.
Jfarmer9
Crazy? I would not have gone there. Really. How's that caped-crusader thing working out for you.

How many 'Planet-Killers' have you halted in their tracks w/your Vaporizing Laser Evaporater oh mighty comicbook hero?

I see you continue your neverending quest & global humanitarian misson of dotting the globe w/nuclear reactors to save the 'Save The Planet' & misguided narcissistic claims to be fighting the environmental enemies.

I'd lay off that fool ade & take off the blinders just for a little while.

Facts:
In 2009 & 2010 13 out of 13 times new nuclear plants rejected by states where lobbyists tried to sell the bs you are peddling, complete w/foolish attempts to get states to label it as 'renewable'.

S. Londonderry VT

#111 Nov 11, 2010
John Farmer wrote:
Nastysmelldump,
You can rant all you want. You can come up with more and excuses not to believe in legitimate peer reviewed science. But at the end of the day you are still a punk to society. Out of all your 5,000 posts do really think you did any good for society. I like most people on this comment board think you are basically an insane fear monger who gets kicks by tearing down societyís success. I sum you are a waste of skin.
Jfarmer9
You can rant all you want. You can come up with more excuses not to believe legitimate science which disproves your nonsense & continue to scream about your industry sponsored pseudoscience 'reviewed' by industry funded 'peers'.

But at the end of the day you are still a zit on society for spreading your nuclear nonsense repesenting an industry which has killed & is killing worldwide.

Out of all your millions of insult-hurling & namecalling rants do really think you did any good for society.

Short answer: No.

I, like others here who are not drinking the pronuclear fool ade on this comment board likely think you are basically an insane fear monger, e-thug who gets kicks by tearing down societyís success of continued moratorium on new nuclear power in US.

Nothing you or any of your fellow brassknuckled, baseball bat weilding kneecappers has done has changed this. You have failed, this is why you're so angry & take your continued failure out on dissenters w/vitriolic rants.

Suck it up Sad Sack.

I sum you as a waste of skin, but don't let that stop you. Narcissistic ego-maniacs rarely do.
Cosmic Howdy

AOL

#112 Nov 11, 2010
To question is not insane or uncalled for .Stating Different opinions is not fear mongering. There are problems . That is a fact . That cannot be disputed. Sorry .The Age of the Plant alone is aganist you. There are so many variables involved.I am not an expert. I am not an activist . I look at this situation ..and it is a situation with my life experiences. Old Buildings, maintenance issues, technicology updated , the stakes so high,people, way of life.The Scientific Peer Review should be one part of this decision. That is the way an intelligent person approaches situations. Subjective , Objective, Subjective. Then their personal opinion.Now they have their personal point of view ....Personally I attempt Balance in my view of life.. "The World is a comedy for those who think and a Tragedy for those who feel "....ergo those Wandering Hippie Trust Funders...
Vermonter

Dover Foxcroft, ME

#113 Nov 11, 2010
I still donít get why all these pro nuke people arenít really pro nuke. If they were, they would advocate for getting rid of that crumbling leaking antique and updating to a modern 21st century design. I am pro nuke. I am not pro VY. I am not pro Entergy. I am pro a brand new sparkling modern plant. This view is seemingly backed by the present Federal administration. VY employees just donít seem to get this. Anyone who has a different view is considered anti nuke. It is pretty embarassing to read what both sides are spouting here. I am a fourth generation Vermonter. Am I now considered a trust fund hippie and flatlander because I think that junk has to go.GET RID OF THAT PIECE OF CRAP. BUILD A NEW ONE. Give up putting lipstick on that rusty old junk and calling it beautiful. Okay. Bring on the name calling now.

S. Londonderry VT

#114 Nov 11, 2010
Your idea has been suggested.

There were rumors that VY site was allowed two reactors. If so, and relicensed, perhaps there are plans to construct another plant.

This is not about nuclear power for the region NE nor VT needs it but Entergy's bottom line & VY high paid union members keeping jobs @ the plant.

If relicensed, you can bet a*s contract would ensure all future repairs & upgrades financed by VTers as well as keeping 6 figure union paychecks going up & legacy costs ensured so Entergy can continue to sell the bulk of its power to grid while only selling VT paltry 115MW @ a much higher price, which is why they have never properly maintained plant & are not putting money into it now.

Elec utilities only need 90MW as they have signed contracts w/producers already. This could *easily* be made up by H-Q. VT can still save up to 200MW through efficiency.

These are all reasons VT has moved on as well as condition of plant, continuing problems, crumbling pipes, reliability issues & Entergy corruption.

To use same or any site, would take many years to build a new plant, so this scenario alone would not save current jobs.

Decom fund short & cost greatly increased from saturation of property & groundwater w/radioctive nuclear waste. Estimate now more than $1 billion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orleans Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Two arraigned in I-91 heroin bust Dec 21 March Winds 8
Leads For Home Security Alarm Systems (Oct '12) Dec 15 Wally West 2
Police Notes (Jun '14) Dec 13 Terry P 2
Debate: Ferguson - Newport, VT Aug '14 YO FlOPIX REGGIN 2
Vermont corrections officials seek to curtail f... (Jun '14) Jun '14 D'oh!! 1
Man shot by Vt. cop faces charges (Apr '14) Apr '14 MEB 6
St. Albans bank robbed (Apr '14) Apr '14 Honest RR 1
Orleans Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web