Family Has Unanswered Questions In Orleans Shooting

There are 2 comments on the WBIW-AM Bedford story from Dec 22, 2010, titled Family Has Unanswered Questions In Orleans Shooting. In it, WBIW-AM Bedford reports that:

The father-in-law of a man shot to death in Orleans says he has more questions than answers about the shooting and investigation that revealed his son-in-law's shooting death was in self-defense. Steven Adams says he knows 38-year-old Billy Joe Bledsoe bled to death after suffering a single gunshot wound on November 24th.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WBIW-AM Bedford.

Concerned Hoosier

Louisville, KY

#1 Dec 26, 2010
I'm not from Orange County, but just read this article. I'm not sure how anyone that thinks logically can think that this would be self-defense. The man doing the shooting must know someone in the police department and be friends with the prosecutor to get by with something like that!! I can't believe that a man with a restrianing order against him entered a man's home and killed him in cold blood and it be considered self defense. He had to have entered the home with his gun ready to shoot, or he wouldn't have had time to kill Mr. Bledsoe. I think at the next election the good people of Orange County need to elect a smarter prosecutor.
Concerned Hoosier

Louisville, KY

#2 Jan 4, 2011
I've been reading up on this case and I see where the shooter had a restraining order on him because he went after Mr. Bledsoe with an ax. Sounds like the shooter tried to harm Mr. Bledsoe previously. I also heard that the shooter who said he shot in self defense didn't even call the police after the shooting--he just left Mr. Bledsoe there to bleed to death. Mr. Bledsoe's wife called the police when she came home and saw the shooter's car there--she knew he was dangerous so she called the police. I would think that if a person truly shot someone in self defence that the first thing they would do would be to call the police. Instead the two brothers moved the body and let him die. Is the prosecutor of Orange County brain dead or what?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orleans Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
massage Sat FatStinkyHarryBalls 2
Bedford Music Thread (Sep '13) Apr 29 Musikologist 7
Local booty call (Dec '13) Apr 24 thatguy1920 4
Comfort suites ghost Apr 23 ronald mcdonald 5
Adam brewer Apr 20 Redneckbarbie_HW 2
Crystal at Quality Inn Apr 16 Mark 1
Kristy mills (Feb '14) Apr 15 ree ree 3
More from around the web

Orleans People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE