Sinkholes just one of many post-flood...

Sinkholes just one of many post-flood problems in Martinsville

There are 2 comments on the WISH-TV 8 Indiana News story from Jun 25, 2008, titled Sinkholes just one of many post-flood problems in Martinsville. In it, WISH-TV 8 Indiana News reports that:

The June floods continue to cause problems for people in Martinsville, prompting an emergency meeting.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WISH-TV 8 Indiana News.

Teresa

Elmhurst, IL

#1 Jun 26, 2008
I am sorry for these people. I am sorry for the farmer, but people seem to have forgotten the small farms who may just have a small operation with a few head of livestock and no crops. Fences have been washed out, and equipment ruined. Who helps the small farmer with that? The FSA and USDA just seem to care for the big guys.
lol

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#2 Jun 26, 2008
Teresa, you have hit upon that particular problem. I am faceing that myself. My small farm, and it is small, is not significant enough to make a difference to them. I am on my own, just like I was when I started putting up fencing and buying my animals. Now, I have to buy more fence to replace what was washed away, and the fence posts, connectors, electric fencing, the fence chargers. It is all back on me again. Unless I want to take out a loan.... which I cannot afford to do, since I lost my 2 best vehicles. Now, my vehicles come first, because without my job, the fencing wont matter. I only lost 1 animal to the floods, luckily. But the fencing and vehicles hurt more than the house did. With the house, it was mostly STUFF, not necessities. Fencing and vehicles are a necessity.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orleans Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jena Hobbs or Clouse Feb 14 Kyle brown 2
News Bloomfield Man Dies in Accident on State Road 54 Feb 12 Family 2
News S. Ind. woman wakes up to derogatory vandalism (Jul '16) Feb 3 Brotha watch 7
News A town's big bet (Oct '06) Feb 2 AIDES 16
Lisa Ramsey dalton NANALISA (Dec '14) Jan 31 OneOfMany 4
News Southern Indiana woman's home is target of raci... (Jul '16) Jan 30 Black man 7
Bedford Music Thread (Sep '13) Jan 21 Musikologist 11

Orleans Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orleans Mortgages