Wet 'n wild rape: Teen says guest raped her at Wet 'n Wild

Full story: Orlando Sentinel

A night honoring Caribbean culture at a popular I-Drive theme park is marred by allegations that a guest raped a 14-year-girl. The victim told Orlando police investigators she was dancing in the wave pool at Wet 'n Wild just before midnight on Saturday when a man pulled down her bikini top and bottom, grabbed her breast and raped her with his hand.
Comments
1 - 20 of 82 Comments Last updated Jun 24, 2009
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
downtown resident

Oviedo, FL

#1 Jun 23, 2009
Seriously, what parents in their right mind let a 14 year old girl in a bikini party near midnight among adult male strangers, tradition or not??
Altalando

Geneva, FL

#2 Jun 23, 2009
Savages.
Melissa

Punxsutawney, PA

#4 Jun 23, 2009
Poor girl. It's sad this had to happen to her but at the same time I wondered where her parents were and why they were not there to keep an eye on her. Why was she out alone that late at night?
WILSON

Woodland, GA

#9 Jun 23, 2009
When are people going to realize that predators are drawn like magnets to big, public, affairs like this? Furthermore, if people are drinking, their inhibitions are lowered, and judgment is impaired. I feel so sorry for this young girl, whose parents are so uncaring or so stupid that they allowed her to be in this position unprotected.
MADMorgan

Winter Park, FL

#10 Jun 23, 2009
I feel bad for her, but how is a 14 year old out after midnight at a party in the first place? Wearing practically nothing?
And from what I understand, that's a pretty rough crowd regardless.
Susan

Apopka, FL

#11 Jun 23, 2009
They need to be punished for sure but I agree with "downtown resident", a 14 year old girl has no business out in what appears to be an adult party. The pparents should be charged with child neglect for heavens sake

Since: Nov 08

San Diego, CA

#17 Jun 23, 2009
Surely they have security videos of what's happening in the water?
Elizabeth

Apopka, FL

#18 Jun 23, 2009
"Dancing in the wave pool at midnight in a bikini at 14 years old!!!! She certainly didn't deserve what happened but shouldn't have been there to begin with!!! What is up with the parents???
UNbelievable

Longwood, FL

#20 Jun 23, 2009
Sexual battery I can understand, but have they recently redefined "rape"?
Betty Bloooper

United States

#21 Jun 23, 2009
WILSON wrote:
When are people going to realize that predators are drawn like magnets to big, public, affairs like this? Furthermore, if people are drinking, their inhibitions are lowered, and judgment is impaired. I feel so sorry for this young girl, whose parents are so uncaring or so stupid that they allowed her to be in this position unprotected.
Hear, hear.
Gator Grad

Kissimmee, FL

#23 Jun 23, 2009
sad and tragic

“Be yourself and be teachable”

Since: Jan 07

Kapa'a, HI

#24 Jun 23, 2009
downtown resident wrote:
Seriously, what parents in their right mind let a 14 year old girl in a bikini party near midnight among adult male strangers, tradition or not??
Absolutely - and I also think that Wet n' Wild has people all over the place watching - why was this allowed to go on under their noses with the girl's top off?
Jo-El

Orlando, FL

#26 Jun 23, 2009
Wet'N Wild. The cesspool of Orlando.
No supervision

Satellite Beach, FL

#33 Jun 23, 2009
Gees, I used to take my little girl there twenty years ago. I wouldn't recommend that place ever to anyone with a small girl.
Faux Outrage

Maple Heights, OH

#34 Jun 23, 2009
picked her up and passed her around? wet n wild might be a cesspool i agree but there always seemed to have plenty of lifeguards/secuirty around the wave pool especially? something smells

but...lawsuit against wet n wild already initiated in 5...4...3...that might be the real truth to the story

i hope that isnt whats happening here and a guilty perp is caught and this girl is ok, but....

Since: Jun 09

Lawrence, KS

#35 Jun 23, 2009
Norman Conquest wrote:
I think you've answered your own question. That entire section of I-Drive has been hijacked by illegal aliens. I don't go there anymore and there's no way in hell I'd let my children be there alone, much less in a pool at midnight.
<quoted text>
Yes, everyone brown is illegal. Get a clue.
Mollies Banana

Orlando, FL

#39 Jun 23, 2009
Wet-n-Wild attracts garbage. Once upon a time it was a great place for the family. However, when they made it more "affordable" it allowed the crap in and those who can afford better prefer to go to one of Disney's waterparks or Aquatica.
My friend went to Wet n Wild on Memorial Day only to learn that it is the annual gathering for African Americans. She said they were "humping in broad daylight" under beach towels and acting like animals. When she complained to park management, they apologized and gave her a refund. In their defense, they had hired EXTRA off duty police that day, but they can only do so much....
Floridadude

Orlando, FL

#45 Jun 23, 2009
I have to side with some of these bloggers in the fact that what the heck is a 14 year old girl dressed in a bikini doing in the pool with a bunch of idiots at midnight? Where are the parents? Again, this is a case of young girls trying to act like they are 18 to 21. She was dancing in the pool and even though at that age they claim "they were just having fun" and don't realize what they are getting themselves into,
parents need to educate their daughters. This was a accident waiting to happen. Way too young to be put in that situation
Bill

Saint Louis, MO

#46 Jun 23, 2009
Mollies Banana wrote:
Wet-n-Wild attracts garbage. Once upon a time it was a great place for the family. However, when they made it more "affordable" it allowed the crap in and those who can afford better prefer to go to one of Disney's waterparks or Aquatica.
My friend went to Wet n Wild on Memorial Day only to learn that it is the annual gathering for African Americans. She said they were "humping in broad daylight" under beach towels and acting like animals. When she complained to park management, they apologized and gave her a refund. In their defense, they had hired EXTRA off duty police that day, but they can only do so much....
This makes me thing that W'n W could really find a niche with the adult crowd. Raise the prices, adults only, adult orientated water park. How many of those do you see around?
OrlNative

Orlando, FL

#48 Jun 23, 2009
Mollies Banana wrote:
That's why I only go to Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach. You won't find all that trash there...at least not as much.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 48 min shinningelectr0n 1,099,850
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 1 hr HELL ON EARTH 486,537
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 3 hr EXECUTE KID KILLERS 17,621
2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) 3 hr Liberal forever 2,958
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 8 hr truth-facts 46,292
Alphabet Game (Apr '12) 9 hr Princess Hey 9,044
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 9 hr Princess Hey 17,047
•••
•••
•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE