Decomposing body found in car at Wal-...

Decomposing body found in car at Wal-Mart parking lot -- Wal-Ma...

There are 121 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Apr 2, 2008, titled Decomposing body found in car at Wal-Mart parking lot -- Wal-Ma.... In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Orange County deputy sheriffs Wednesday night are investigating the death of a person found in a locked car in the parking lot of an east Orange County Wal-Mart , they said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

SadWorld

Winter Park, FL

#49 Apr 3, 2008
Wow - a man is dead and all you guys can post are jokes? Amazing....
Snappy

San Antonio, TX

#50 Apr 3, 2008
Donna U wrote:
Well, this is my story.
Osteen WalMart has an old lady security guard who follows you around in the vegetable department. Everyone has seen those "security vehicles" in the parking lots supposedly "for their customer's safety." St. Cloud WalMart was recently evacuated. East Colonial WalMart had a decomposing body in the parking lot,(where was "security"?) And I just heard that in another WalMart, two women had filed a complaint regarding someone stalking them. Looks like it's not turning out to be a good year for WalMart. I guess it's true what they say, What goes up, must come down.
Actually crime related incidents have greatly diminished after WalMart started using the parking lot patrols. many weird and often criminal things happen in store parking lots and Walmart is no exeption, but they do better than many stores who have nothing. No, I dont work at Walmart.
JORDAN

Leesburg, FL

#53 Apr 3, 2008
SimpsonTruckDriver wrote:
Look at everything - where they are made - in Target. Everything made in Target is made in Asia (primarily China) or India. The only difference between Target and WalMart is that WallyWorld charges less. For instance, a couple years ago, I bought a bedsheet set from Target, mainly because color was the priority. It was made of American cotton (400 threadcount, whatever that means), woven in Pakistan, and packaged in China. Even LINCOLN LOGS are now made in China and sold at both stores!
"Thread count" is how many treads per inch. The higher the #, the softer they are It's hard to find anything NOT made in China, and other foreign countries theses days.
Rhoadrunner

Orlando, FL

#58 Apr 3, 2008
I'd like to see what article you guys read...

1) It gives the address of the Walmart, use a mapwebsite

2) It says nothing about the trunk, jus that he was locked in the car

3) It says nothing about any wounds, especially not a gunshot wound.
onepopo

Palm Bay, FL

#59 Apr 3, 2008
-Sick of it All- wrote:
Deputies do not suspect foul play????? Wtf???? The guy has been missing since Friday and was found dead and decomposing in a car trunk in a Walmart parking lot!!! We have some real brainiacs in the sheriff's department!
He wasn't found inside the trunk.
Orlando Homegrown

Orlando, FL

#62 Apr 3, 2008
I'm glad someone else noticed that there was no mention of the body being found in the trunk of the car. It's amazing how quick these folks can fabricate some fable and then sit back and watch one after another posters pick up that lie and run with it as though it were the gospel truth! If you call their hand on it they will swear up and down it was in the original article! duh!! Just goes to show you how much like sheep the general public are!
observer

Lake Mary, FL

#63 Apr 3, 2008
"Police do NOT suspect foul play" following the discovery of a decomposed missing man found in a locked car at Walmart?

Did the copy editors miss something?
IOU22

Daytona Beach, FL

#64 Apr 3, 2008
-Sick of it All- wrote:
Which Walmart was it? All it says was that it was in East Orlando.
E Colonial and Alafaya
Reader

Winter Park, FL

#65 Apr 3, 2008
orlando native wrote:
<quoted text>That is the west side of town.
You're wrong. It's on the east side of town, although there is also a WalMart on the west side of town. Think globally. There is more than one WalMart.
observer

Lake Mary, FL

#66 Apr 3, 2008
How does a 36 year old man just die in the parking lot of WalMart inside his locked car?

Heart attack/drug overdose/brain aneurysm?

OK, and if he was reported missing by the wife, how come there has been nothing whatsoever about it in the news up until the discovery of the body?

This whole thing sounds fishy. But if the police "don't suspect foul play," then I guess we will just have to wonder what the real story is.
Reader

Winter Park, FL

#67 Apr 3, 2008
Chris wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with your comment completly! And I dont understand why they go around and notice the same car parked in the parking lot! The gentleman that they found was my uncle. Something should be said to Wal-Mart about their policy about this!
Dear Chris,

You and your family have my sympathy at the loss of your uncle. I'm sorry that the Sentinel allows forums when there is a death in the news, because most people who post are irreverent. They use the bad news as a springboard to post whatever complaints they have that day, related or not.

Perhaps your family should ask WalMart about their policy. Perhaps your aunt's lawyer, specifically, should ask. He or she might get an answer.
doreen manfredi

Lake Mary, FL

#68 Apr 3, 2008
Was it a suicide possibly? Could that explain why the cops don't suspect foul play....
Doreen Manfredi

Lake Mary, FL

#69 Apr 3, 2008
Too bad it wasn't my kid's deadbeat dad they found in the car!
Angel Face

Saint Petersburg, FL

#71 Apr 3, 2008
gil wrote:
I remember about a year ago a converstaion I had with a walmart employee(JY and Sandlake) about some cars that looked abandoned. He said one in particular had been sitting in the same spot for over a year. I wonders whats in the trunk of that one?
That Walmart always has a bunch of cars there that look as though they have been sitting for a while. I only go to that one if absolutely necessary. The one on Turkey Lake is much closer to home, and much cleaner. And since it is kind of a tourist haven, I think security is a little better.
Angel Face

Saint Petersburg, FL

#74 Apr 3, 2008
Chris wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with your comment completly! And I dont understand why they go around and notice the same car parked in the parking lot! The gentleman that they found was my uncle. Something should be said to Wal-Mart about their policy about this!
I'm so sorry for your loss, Chris. My condolences to your entire family.
Pachacutec

Fort Collins, CO

#75 Apr 3, 2008
doreen manfredi wrote:
Was it a suicide possibly? Could that explain why the cops don't suspect foul play....
No disrespect to any family members or friends of the deceased who might be reading this, but I was wondering the same thing. But it's really strange that a car can sit in the parking lot for a couple of days and no one connected with the property checks it out.
hurt

Dover, DE

#76 Apr 3, 2008
Doreen Manfredi wrote:
Too bad it wasn't my kid's deadbeat dad they found in the car!
another heartless italian, like Joe Matarazzo
Anonymous

Deland, FL

#78 Apr 3, 2008
TO clear a few things up....His body was not found in the trunk - that's how rumours get started. His family is mourning over their loss. Wal-Mart security should have noticed a parked car for several days with a body slumped inside and several flyers on the windshield. He was a great man and will be missed by many. Let it rest.
TheRunningNurse

Eustis, FL

#80 Apr 3, 2008
My condolenses to this man's family. Being that they do not suspect foul play, he probably died of natural causes. Recently I had a friend about the same age die of an aortic aneurysm.
I can't believe "security" didn't realize that car had been sitting there for DAYS. Also, with shoppers coming and going, I can't believe someone didn't see him laying in the car.
Gee don't you feel safe in WalMart now ?
Doreen Manfredi

Lake Mary, FL

#83 Apr 3, 2008
hurt wrote:
<quoted text>
another heartless italian, like Joe Matarazzo
Nope, a heartless Swede by the name of Steve Fussell

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Tuffet 1,711,013
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 9 min FART BOOK 64,484
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 23 min fortmyersf 515,822
New Game ***Last Word + 2 (Oct '11) 1 hr So_da_lish_us 13,119
3 word game (Jan '11) 1 hr Princess Hey 14,358
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 2 hr King George 98,669
two words (Jul '10) 2 hr Princess Hey 28,211

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages