Woman jumped: Courthouse parking garage

A woman has died after jumping off the courthouse parking garage in downtown Orlando. Read more
attny

United States

#35 May 6, 2009
i work at the courthouse and was there. numerous people called the police. there just wasn't enough time for response. it all happened so fast.
Orlando Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever been out in the world? My guess is no, or else you'd know how asinine and illogical your statement is. There are roughly a million reasonable explanations as to why a person might be sitting, killing time, whatever in a public building. I've been in that garage dozens of times and would never think such behavior, as described, is out of the ordinary.
My thoughts are with the woman's family. What a terrible thing to have to face.
William H

Summerville, SC

#36 May 6, 2009
Knowing that a story like this always brings out the cretins, the Sentinel editors should disable comments before this garbage even starts. The scary thing is that not only do you trolls exist but that you probably sleep well at night.
We all need mercy

Barnesville, OH

#37 May 6, 2009
This reminds me of a movie that starred Robert Wagner and Joanne Woodward.
Mor

Plant City, FL

#38 May 6, 2009
My sister was sitting in her office and another attorney walked in and pointed out the woman sitting there...My sister said what is she doing she can fall and the other attrny said i dont know. In the blink of an eye the woman turned around and went to lift her leg back over as if she was going to go back in the garage my sister said the next thing was the lady turned back around lifted her leg over and jumped....
My sister called 911 and ran to the window just watching everyone continue to walk by as if nothing happened...She got on the elevator went down and the woman was already what looked to be dead but maybe unconsious.....
My sister gave all the witness reports and got sent home from work...
Its a very sad situation to why this woman did this....You cannot pass judgement on her not knowing why she did it or maybe she is not lucky enough to have support some of us have and this is how it ends.....
Dont be so harsh..Im sure she has left some loved ones who are all still in question more then we are......
I pray for her family and her also.....
As my sister is wishing she had a window to open or something to call out to help this lady......
Stress out

Shreveport, LA

#39 May 6, 2009
I guess shoot straight was closed ! People are flipping out. Soon half of orlando is going to be at 33rd look for 3 hot and a cot. Seem your local gov. should be out trying to help people. I just gave them a bunch of money for my property taxes. People are breaking the law left and right to keep a roof over there head. One person rented a house and wrote 2 sets of bad checks and the third was on a bogus account and name. He was a man of the cloth and just wanted to keep his family safe. Now there with family and friends and he locked up in 33rd street. It would have been better for this guy to break into a empty house a squat for a while. Its getting crazy out there, With my company all work done is paid before services are done. I have had people with money no pay me. I guess they lost some cash in this real estate mess and took it out on me. I wonder why crime is so bad,, people asked to get there a$$ beat. Churches are out of food and cash gifts as well as the food bank too..
Jury Duty

Altamonte Springs, FL

#40 May 6, 2009
i was at jury duty today.. and we got out early for lunch just in time to notice her falling. what sucks the most is she landed in the bushes and didnt die till she was almost at the hospital.
Debbie

Sorrento, FL

#42 May 6, 2009
Mor wrote:
My sister was sitting in her office and another attorney walked in and pointed out the woman sitting there...My sister said what is she doing she can fall and the other attrny said i dont know. In the blink of an eye the woman turned around and went to lift her leg back over as if she was going to go back in the garage my sister said the next thing was the lady turned back around lifted her leg over and jumped....
My sister called 911 and ran to the window just watching everyone continue to walk by as if nothing happened...She got on the elevator went down and the woman was already what looked to be dead but maybe unconsious.....
My sister gave all the witness reports and got sent home from work...
Its a very sad situation to why this woman did this....You cannot pass judgement on her not knowing why she did it or maybe she is not lucky enough to have support some of us have and this is how it ends.....
Dont be so harsh..Im sure she has left some loved ones who are all still in question more then we are......
I pray for her family and her also.....
As my sister is wishing she had a window to open or something to call out to help this lady......
It was a very horrific and sad day at the courthouse. I work there as well, but am assigned elsewhere for now. My heart goes out to this lady's family. How sad for a life to end like this. I feel so sorry that your sister witnessed something like this and for people to make such terrible jokes about this is really the saddest part of all.
Debbie

Sorrento, FL

#43 May 6, 2009
ratttlecattle wrote:
Look on the bright side, I hear she was a Republican
Is your intelligent remark representative of all Democrats or is that just your ignorant opinion?
local

Sanford, FL

#48 May 7, 2009
Debbie wrote:
<quoted text>. My heart goes out to this lady's family. How sad for a life to end like this..
Her family probably was not there for her, otherwise she wouldn't have taken such extreme measures.

People who commit suicide often do so because they have no support system. That's what's really sad -- dealing with an overwhelming burden all by yourself, to the point where you finally crack and decide life is not worth it anymore.

I don't get why she only jumped seven floors and into the bushes, which cushions the blow. If you're going to do it, might as well do it right and go to the top of the Vue or the Paramount. Not being flip here...I'm just saying.
NikNak

Mount Juliet, TN

#49 May 7, 2009
She WANTED to DIE.
Know SHE IS DEAD.
End of Story!
jsj

Kissimmee, FL

#50 May 7, 2009
The behavior was quite out of the ordinary as she was sitting on the OUTSIDE of the concrete wall in the parking garage. Unfortunately she was not "sitting around" for long enough for help to arrive - it was only a matter of a seconds.
Orlando Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever been out in the world? My guess is no, or else you'd know how asinine and illogical your statement is. There are roughly a million reasonable explanations as to why a person might be sitting, killing time, whatever in a public building. I've been in that garage dozens of times and would never think such behavior, as described, is out of the ordinary.
My thoughts are with the woman's family. What a terrible thing to have to face.
really concerned citizen

Edgewater, FL

#53 May 7, 2009
Wonder what the court did to her, to put her into the frame of mind to end it all.
dirty harry

Winter Garden, FL

#54 May 7, 2009
Chester DeGrasse wrote:
<quoted text>
You think this is funny? What's wrong with you? Sick, racist, insensitive jerk.
turd..

“In the persuit of slack!”

Since: Aug 08

Inverness, FL.

#55 May 7, 2009
the truth wrote:
<quoted text>The story stated she was sitting on the ledge of the 7th floor. Have you seen many people sitting on the ledge??? The comment isn't as stupid as you think!
Actually, yes. I was at church street a couple of weeks ago and a group was sitting up there watching the town and hanging out. Now if that area was blocked off or secured then you'd have an argument, but at this point you might want to think before you speak.

Who is to say it was suicide? It could have been an inattentive accident, grabbing something she dropped and lost her balance.

Such morbid people those days, always seem to be hoping accidents are suicides or murders instead of accidents.

“Life is for Living...”

Since: Nov 08

Orlando

#56 May 7, 2009
I agree wrote:
I had a horrible life situation once as we all will have. Certainly she just needed someone to help her through her troubles. Sad. My life is great now. Things will pass... all things will pass.
Amen. Sad to think of her sitting there with no other thought but to end her life. I feel badly for her friends and family. Suicide is never an answer...reach out...people are there to help.

“Life is for Living...”

Since: Nov 08

Orlando

#57 May 7, 2009
drgnCabe wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, yes. I was at church street a couple of weeks ago and a group was sitting up there watching the town and hanging out. Now if that area was blocked off or secured then you'd have an argument, but at this point you might want to think before you speak.
Who is to say it was suicide? It could have been an inattentive accident, grabbing something she dropped and lost her balance.
Such morbid people those days, always seem to be hoping accidents are suicides or murders instead of accidents.
Witnesses saw her jump. The fact that she had no identification on her also factors in. It's not a case of morbidity, it's a human response to a bad situation.
MIKE NIFONG

Leawood, KS

#58 May 7, 2009
The judge ALLEN F. ROSIN award is presented each year by THE BAR for the lawyer who pushs the most people into suicide ............ Runners up are JOHN YOO , JAY BYBEE , LINDA K. RUSSELL , bonnie hollander and clyde spechler .
Atty up for award

Kissimmee, FL

#60 May 7, 2009
MIKE NIFONG wrote:
The judge ALLEN F. ROSIN award is presented each year by THE BAR for the lawyer who pushs the most people into suicide .......... Runners up are JOHN YOO , JAY BYBEE , LINDA K. RUSSELL , bonnie hollander and clyde spechler .
If you want me to represent you in any matters,I will need the full fee in advance.
towjoe

United States

#61 May 7, 2009
Clayton Bigbsy wrote:
Probably didnt realize what it cost to park in the city owned parking garages!
Yup well hope her family is ok...dont park at travelodge they tow i know i got towed... she may have got towed also its 100 bucks to get your car back way out by florida mall JERKS
meatwad

New York, NY

#62 May 7, 2009
What kind of car did she drive??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 30 min Earthling-1 52,232
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 1 hr JessicaAtriedes 494,109
Lettuce Chat 2 hr ImmaGetMeSome 6
My T-OPIX Farewell: Good Riddance (Mar '13) 2 hr ImmaGetMeSome 19
God Orlando Topix is so Freaking boring!! (Jan '12) 2 hr ImmaGetMeSome 22
Caylee Could Get Into the Pool on her Own 2 hr ImmaGetMeSome 8
Poll How many think Casey Anthony is guilty of murder? (Oct '09) 2 hr ImmaGetMeSome 31
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr woodtick57 1,205,504
Orlando Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]