Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid

Mar 19, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: New York Daily News

ORLANDO, Fla. -- College students around Florida rallied Monday to demand the arrest of a white neighborhood watch captain who shot an unarmed black teen last month, though authorities may be hamstrung by a state law that allows people to defend themselves with deadly force.

Comments
19,261 - 19,280 of 29,904 Comments Last updated Tuesday Aug 19
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

T4YOU 2 wrote:
<quoted text> Duke Lacross, another travesty of justice brought to you by the poverty pimps Al and Jessie. Self proclaimed Reverends who have no divinity degree...nor real jobs. Zimmerman should sue the sh*t out of these race baiting azzwipes after he is exonerated.
He may sue the city, but I don't think he can sue Jessie the Extortionist because he had no direct influence in the case. Freedom of Speech kind of thing.

Level 1

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you're incorrect. Police can arrest anybody they desire. But if it's determined police had no real evidence to arrest somebody, then it becomes a liability for the city. The Duke LaCrosse case comes to mind.
After this event became a national circus, then the city decided to take the risk of arresting Zimmerman.
Probable Cause is the lowest standard for an arrest. It is admittedly a very low standard, but in order to legally arrest someone, the police MUST have probable cause to believe that person committed the crime in question.

The police can detain someone--detaining means a Terry stop--if they reasonably suspect he has committed a crime. This is the reasonable suspicion standard. If they suspect he has a weapon, then they can search him.

Detainment does not mean moving the suspect from that location, although in the case of a DUI, the courts have allowed movement to a safer location, like a nearby rest-stop to conduct field sobriety tests.

The police cannot "arrest people for anything." Doing so would violate the suspect's Constitutional rights under the Fourth Amendment's search and seizure clause, which specifically states Probable Cause is the minimum standard for any search or seizure.

Do the police violate the Constitution? Of course. Abuses happen in all professions. But that doesn't change the legal standard.

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Sallyomally wrote:
In an attempt
No one expects you to keep your word, Welsher.

Welsh:
"A related colloquialism is the verb to welsh/welch ('to renege') as in 'to welsh/welch on a deal or bet', which is derived from an age-old 'English' stereotype of the Welsh/Celtic peoples as unreliable or oath-breakers"

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

DillinghamLawFirm wrote:
<quoted text>
Probable Cause is the lowest standard for an arrest. It is admittedly a very low standard, but in order to legally arrest someone, the police MUST have probable cause to believe that person committed the crime in question.
Hence: Zimmerman was arrested.

“always”

Level 5

Since: May 12

Ticklaw

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Posted on Thursday, 07.12.12
TRAYVON MARTIN CASE
Detective in Zimmerman case said he was pressured to file charges
The lead Sanford Police investigator who sought manslaughter charges against George Zimmerman told the FBI that a sergeant and two other officers tried to pressure him into making an arrest in the controversial case — even though he didn’t think there was enough evidence.
Sanford Police Officer Chris Serino first made headlines when evidence released in the case showed he sought manslaughter charges against Zimmerman even while his chief publicly said there was no probable cause to arrest him. But a document released late Thursday casts doubt on Serino’s prior sworn affidavit seeking criminal charges, and raises questions about the credibility of the star law-enforcement witness in the murder case against Zimmerman for the shooting death of a black teenager, Miami Gardens high school junior Trayvon Martin..
Telling the FBI that he was concerned that people inside the police department were leaking information, Serino cited Sgt. Arthur Barnes, officers Rebecca Villalona and Trekelle Perkins “as all pressuring him to file charges against Zimmerman after the incident,” an FBI report said.“Serino did not believe he had enough evidence at the time to file charges.”
The summary of Serino’s statement does not mention the race of the officers who allegedly pressured him, but sources told The Miami Herald that Barnes and Perkins are black, and Villalona is married to an African-American man. All three, the source said, had been called in by their supervisor and questioned about leaking information in the case.
Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/07/12/2892510...
Yeah, yeah, yeah. That's after the fact when everyone was in cover their own azz mode, look at the date. Also remember that the information includes typical reporter embellishments.

During the initial investigation 2/26 Sunday and 2/27 Serino was not being pressured by the black officers, they weren't present, if Serino was being pressured it was by Chief Lee, the question is why? It's my belief that Osterman played some role in George having been released rather than charged and booked. I simply can't imagine why Chief Lee became convinced that George was acting in self defense before the deceased was identified and the initial investigation was complete.

There were some very nervous Sanford police on the morning of
2/27/12 when the deceased was ID'd which explains the stonewalling during the first few weeks.

Your article is dated 7/12/12 nearly five months after the fact.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

T4YOU 2 wrote:
<quoted text> Duke Lacross
Pedophile thug Zimmerman chased down and shot a boy who was armed with a bag of Skittles because the boy was black and the pedophile thug did not like black boys.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

T4YOU 2 wrote:
<quoted text> a A better qusestion is why was he charged at all? Protecting yourself from a thug is self defense
Getting out of a vehicle after being told to stay put by the police and running down an unarmed citizen who was breaking no laws and jumping then shooting that citizen is not self defense.

The pedophile should have stayed where he was told to stay.

His history will come up.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? Because police would have had to create that scenario in their heads just like you did here.
The police can track every footstep taken by the thug pedophile Zimmerman.

Since there were footsteps taken away from where he was told to stay put, and since he pursued the boy after he was told not to, and since he has a propensity for violence including an arrest and a history of racism and since the police have his words on tape: the police have a virtual video of the entire thing.
Sallyomally

Sanford, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

RuffnReddy wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, yeah, yeah. That's after the fact when everyone was in cover their own azz mode, look at the date. Also remember that the information includes typical reporter embellishments.
During the initial investigation 2/26 Sunday and 2/27 Serino was not being pressured by the black officers, they weren't present, if Serino was being pressured it was by Chief Lee, the question is why? It's my belief that Osterman played some role in George having been released rather than charged and booked. I simply can't imagine why Chief Lee became convinced that George was acting in self defense before the deceased was identified and the initial investigation was complete.
2/27/12 when the deceased was ID'd which explains the stonewalling during the first few weeks.
Again with your racist, biased opinion , no one cares. Prove what you post...if not then stop making things up. You don't speak for Chief Lee. Dated 5 months after the fact...so what you're talking about the day 2-27. Show me proof that the black officers were not present....I'll wait. What do you not understand about the evidence, statements, and witnesses.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The police can track every footstep taken by the thug pedophile Zimmerman.
Since there were footsteps taken away from where he was told to stay put, and since he pursued the boy after he was told not to, and since he has a propensity for violence including an arrest and a history of racism and since the police have his words on tape: the police have a virtual video of the entire thing.
He was never told to stay put. Listen to the 911 tape.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

RuffnReddy wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, yeah, yeah. That's after the fact when everyone was in cover their own azz mode, look at the date. Also remember that the information includes typical reporter embellishments.
Yes it is, and I kept all the interesting reports of this case in my browser. That's why it's dated.

In this case, you are saying the Miami Herald is lying or misleading the public. I see no reason not to believe them--especially if what they claim is in the FBI report.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

DillinghamLawFirm wrote:
<quoted text>
The police can detain someone--detaining means a Terry stop--if they reasonably suspect he has committed a crime. This is the reasonable suspicion standard. If they suspect he has a weapon, then they can search him.
Detainment does not mean moving the suspect from that location, although in the case of a DUI, the courts have allowed movement to a safer location, like a nearby rest-stop to conduct field sobriety tests.
The police cannot "arrest people for anything." Doing so would violate the suspect's Constitutional rights under the Fourth Amendment's search and seizure clause, which specifically states Probable Cause is the minimum standard for any search or seizure.
Do the police violate the Constitution? Of course. Abuses happen in all professions. But that doesn't change the legal standard.
Well I'm a truck driver, and I can tell you our Fourth Amendment rights are violated all the time. They have these police called Department of Transportation cops--or DOT for short. You could be driving down the road, minding your own business doing absolutely nothing wrong, and these guys can pull you over just to search your vehicle.

Mind you, they don't search your personal belongings or pat you down, but what they are looking for are violations, so they inspect the entire truck including your load. I was searched just last week, and as usual, I asked what I was being pulled over for? I get the same answer every time "Just to check out your truck."

If they did the same thing with cars, there would be a national outrage. But because they only do this to truck drivers, somehow they are allowed to violate our Fourth Amendment rights along with the "Equal Protection" clause. Like I said, they don't do the same for people driving cars.

In the state of Ohio, our law considers our vehicles as a temporary Castle which allows us to use firearms if somebody tries to break in. This way, they incorporate our Castle Doctrine along with our CCW laws. So in that sense, the DOT cops are searching my temporary home.

Level 1

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I'm a truck driver, and I can tell you our Fourth Amendment rights are violated all the time. They have these police called Department of Transportation cops--or DOT for short. You could be driving down the road, minding your own business doing absolutely nothing wrong, and these guys can pull you over just to search your vehicle.
Mind you, they don't search your personal belongings or pat you down, but what they are looking for are violations, so they inspect the entire truck including your load. I was searched just last week, and as usual, I asked what I was being pulled over for? I get the same answer every time "Just to check out your truck."
If they did the same thing with cars, there would be a national outrage. But because they only do this to truck drivers, somehow they are allowed to violate our Fourth Amendment rights along with the "Equal Protection" clause. Like I said, they don't do the same for people driving cars.
In the state of Ohio, our law considers our vehicles as a temporary Castle which allows us to use firearms if somebody tries to break in. This way, they incorporate our Castle Doctrine along with our CCW laws. So in that sense, the DOT cops are searching my temporary home.
Since you are operating a commercial vehicle, you are subjet to administrative searches, which are entirely different from criminal investigations. The State has the right to conduct those searches as part of its administrative codes. That's not an arrest. Additionally, a motor vehicle--even an RV--is not a home if it is movable or can readily be made movable, and the "moving vehicle exception" applies to such searches , which means that unlike a home or physical structure, a warrant is not required. All that is required to search a vehicle is Probable Cause--or in your case, an administrate law that allows for safety checks based upon the State's interest in the safety and well-being of those using the roadways.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Stay put.

The pedophile was a cop wannabee (who flunked out) with some kind of Napoleon complex: most adults know EXACTLY what kind of person this pedophile is and why he ignored the orders of the police to wait for them by his truck.

And the pedophile's anger issues are on the tape.

And his history of "community watch" vigilante is recorded.

Tick tock.

“always”

Level 5

Ticklaw

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Sallyomally wrote:
<quoted text>
Again with your racist, biased opinion , no one cares. Prove what you post...if not then stop making things up. You don't speak for Chief Lee. Dated 5 months after the fact...so what you're talking about the day 2-27. Show me proof that the black officers were not present....I'll wait. What do you not understand about the evidence, statements, and witnesses.
My racist, biased opinion? After the smack your racist azz has plastered all over this thread and others calling me a racist takes guts.

The black officers weren't present during the initial investigation they couldn't have pressured Serino as he and Ayala were preparing the original charging document. Serino's story about being pressured is dated figure it out for yourself genius.

Some of my posts are only opinion, it's my opinion that Lee was fired for allowing a federal air marshal to interfere in a shooting death investigation. If you've got hot knockers for Lee that's your problem. And it's also my opinion that SA18 was yanked for being less than truthful about being present at the investigation scenes. I might be wrong, who gives a flying leap.

These Trayvon topix threads and other forums didn't begin until mid March three weeks after the shooting. The case wasn't national until Crump's press conference where he accused the SPD of stonewalling and ignoring witnesses, he offered Mary Cutcher as an example. The Sanford PD has subsequently apologized to Cutcher and admitted that it did a poor job of seeking additional witnesses at The Retreat.

“always”

Level 5

Ticklaw

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it is, and I kept all the interesting reports of this case in my browser. That's why it's dated.
In this case, you are saying the Miami Herald is lying or misleading the public. I see no reason not to believe them--especially if what they claim is in the FBI report.
I actually think the lady reporter at the Miami Herald has done a great job of reporting this case but she's still a reporter. What's the date on the piece you linked? What I'm saying is that the reporter is referring to the final charging document of iirc March 12 and the one Serino supposedly change four times before sending it to the SAO.

The original charging document was prepared on the evening of the shooting at the police department were George was taken to be interviewed. A copy of that document was released very early on.
tired of silly

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!
God help the USA with illiterates like yourself still running loose.
It's savage "BREASTS" DINGBAT.
Was I citing a quotation, Deviant? Nah. Just making a statement. The BEASTS who were screaming and ranting like the filthy animals that they are, at the "rallies" led by the incubator, the sperm donor, and the racebaiters, needed to be soothed in order to avoid a riot. I'm willing to bet that your ugly face was one of those on the TV screens, screaming like the animal that you are. I hope your next drug deal goes bad, DEVIANT, and your dealer shoots your ugly head off. One less screaming monkey, one less sexual deviant. A two-fer deal!!
tired of silly

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Bareback doesn't care about facts. He continues to call an innocent man a pedophile based on some drunken slut's accusation from when he was EIGHT YEARS OLD. He continues to spout the thug animal Trayvon's innocence in the face of ALL the facts that say that the thug attacked Mr. Zimmerman and FORCED him to defend himself. Bareback is just another lying drug using welfare abusing project dweller. A waste of skin. Maybe he'll get some bad crack soon and die in the gutter where he belongs.

“always”

Level 5

Ticklaw

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
It's dated 7/12 by Frances Robles, the author. She's a great writer, used to cover Cuba but she's still a writer who relies on sources so what you and I read is second and third hand stuff.

The Baynews guy interviewed witness John who went wild with his tale of raining down punches MMA style. John got amnesia when Bernie De La Rionda interviewed him and could barely remember what he saw.
Sallyomally

Sanford, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

RuffnReddy wrote:
<quoted text>My racist, biased opinion? After the smack your racist azz has plastered all over this thread and others calling me a racist takes guts.
The black officers weren't present during the initial investigation they couldn't have pressured Serino as he and Ayala were preparing the original charging document. Serino's story about being pressured is dated figure it out for yourself genius.
Some of my posts are only opinion, it's my opinion that Lee was fired for allowing a federal air marshal to interfere in a shooting death investigation. If you've got hot knockers for Lee that's your problem. And it's also my opinion that SA18 was yanked for being less than truthful about being present at the investigation scenes. I might be wrong, who gives a flying leap.
These Trayvon topix threads and other forums didn't begin until mid March three weeks after the shooting. The case wasn't national until Crump's press conference where he accused the SPD of stonewalling and ignoring witnesses, he offered Mary Cutcher as an example. The Sanford PD has subsequently apologized to Cutcher and admitted that it did a poor job of seeking additional witnesses at The Retreat.
He did not fill out the capias for manslaughter until weeks after the incident, and even then it lacked evidence for probable cause.
(March 13th)

Until there is proof otherwise I believe he was being pressured inside the SPD and not by Chief Lee.

As you referring to women as having knockers shows you lack of class and that's YOUR problem.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Orlando News, Events & Info