Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid

Mar 19, 2012 Full story: New York Daily News 29,898

ORLANDO, Fla. -- College students around Florida rallied Monday to demand the arrest of a white neighborhood watch captain who shot an unarmed black teen last month, though authorities may be hamstrung by a state law that allows people to defend themselves with deadly force.

Full Story
Sallyomally

Sanford, FL

#21497 Dec 14, 2012
DillinghamLawFirm wrote:
<quoted text>
I also handle domestic violence cases, traffic citations, and gun rights issues.
You seem to be unaware that solo practitioners typically have multiple revenue streams and handle a variety of cases. In fact, Mr. O'Mara, whom I doubt you know, also handles divorces, among other cases. Your statement is incorrect on many levels. Mr. O'Mara, though, is a highly competent attorney for whom I have a lot of respect.
In fact, attorneys in Florida "practice" in areas. They don't "specialize" in anything unless they are certified by a recognized authority.
Please don't take my word for it. Go to his firm's Web site:
http://www.markomaralaw.com/
I have a question for you. What do you think about Judge Nelson presiding over George's criminal case, his wife's perjury case and now over George's civil action case?

Level 1

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#21499 Dec 14, 2012
Sallyomally wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a question for you. What do you think about Judge Nelson presiding over George's criminal case, his wife's perjury case and now over George's civil action case?
I have no firm opinion. The judge is highly respected, and there is no conflict. It is a non-issue. I was not even aware that was the case (or if it is).
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#21500 Dec 14, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You ugly fat bigot: stick to what you know, keeping the couch from flying around the living room when the rest of us are working.
What are you working on? How to say you are employed while making hundreds of posts to Topix all day long?

I don't know of anybody who works (or is self-employed) that has the residual time you have. The only thing you know about work is that others do it to support you.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#21501 Dec 14, 2012
RuffnReddy wrote:
<quoted text>You've got a way of skipping around the case to try and make it fit into your perceived, racist mold.
The shooting occurred at about 7PM on February 26 2012, Serino was in the process of charging George Zimmerman with manslaughter on that date or very early the morning of the 27th. We saw the charging document which was being prepared by officer Ayala. The three black officers were not on duty and played no role in the initial investigation.
What caused Serino to abruptly change his mind and send Zimmerman home no harm no foul? Or was Serino's decision to book George overridden by someone? If so, who?
It's all explained right here:

"On the day of the shooting, Sanford police officials determined that they did not have enough evidence to the contrary to detain Zimmerman. Whether they were suspicious of his story would not have mattered. They would have had to produce hard evidence to the contrary. The “probable cause” criterion is derived from the Constitution and is meant to protect against unreasonable arrest.

“The normal rule in American law is that a police officer must have ‘probable cause’ in order to arrest someone,” writes Kopel."

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Justice/2012/032...

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#21502 Dec 14, 2012
T4YOU 2 wrote:
<quoted text> You would make a good fiction writer, Bareassed. Rather than sitting home typing on Topix all day you could get an actual paying job.
Have one, you ugly fat Couch Potato.

You don't.

Working off the rent with the manager of the trailer park doesn't count.

Level 5

Location hidden

#21503 Dec 14, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you working on? How to say you are employed while making hundreds of posts to Topix all day long?
You don't work unless it is a MacDonalds where they must tell you exactly how much change you need to give back since math is obviously beyond you.

Level 1

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#21504 Dec 14, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
"On the day of the shooting, Sanford police officials determined that they did not have enough evidence to the contrary to detain Zimmerman. Whether they were suspicious of his story would not have mattered. They would have had to produce hard evidence to the contrary. The “probable cause” criterion is derived from the Constitution and is meant to protect against unreasonable arrest.
“The normal rule in American law is that a police officer must have ‘probable cause’ in order to arrest someone,” writes Kopel."
I find it ironic that the unsophisticated cried for Zimmerman to be arrested and for "the court to sort it out." Without Probable Cause (PC) the police cannot arrest someone; here, the SAO declined to prosecute, and said there was insufficient PC to even arrest Zimmerman, much less prosecute him.

That is not the way our criminal justice system works.

Level 5

Location hidden

#21505 Dec 14, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
C
“The normal rule in American law is that a police officer must have ‘probable cause’ in order to arrest someone,”
The dead boy armed only with a bag of Skittles would be probably cause- especially after the thug Zimmerman complained to the police dispatcher that people 'like Martin' had committed crimes and gotten away with it in his neighborhood and he then got out of the vehicle he was told to stay put in, and chased down and confronted this boy and then shot him at point blank range in the chest.

The question should be: why wasn't he charged with first degree murder?

Level 5

Location hidden

#21506 Dec 14, 2012
DillinghamLawFirm wrote:
Without Probable Cause (PC) the police cannot arrest someone; here, the SAO declined to prosecute
The state of Florida filed the affidavit for probably case (PC) in April... last year.
Sallyomally

Sanford, FL

#21507 Dec 15, 2012
In an attempt to further attack the claims made in the affidavit, O'Mara called to the stand Dale Gilbreath, one of the lead investigators. Mr. Gilbreath acknowledged that there was no evidence to indicate who started a fight that happened after Zimmerman got out of his car and, at one point, ran after Trayvon.

"Do you know who started the fight?" O’Mara asked him.

"Do I know? No," said Gilbreath

"Do you have any evidence that supports who may have started the fight?"

“No.”

Yet he signed a sworn affidavit alledging it was George. In the affidavit he words "profiled and confronted" are used.

"Are you following him?" Dispatcher (one who has no authority only makes suggestions) George "yes"
"We don't need you to do that." George "OK"
George proceeds to head back to his truck.

Angela Corey, the special prosecutor who filed charges, claimed multiple times on Wednesday that the prosecutors “are seekers of the truth.” In our legal system, grand juries can sometimes provide a check on prosecutors who indict based on political pressure or the desire to seek the limelight. It is no surprise that Corey avoided the grand jury.
http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/295984... #

Seeking the limelight, Humm a certain judge comes to mind.
Mae Hemm

Fayetteville, NC

#21508 Dec 15, 2012
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>..Terminally lame....yet you posted anyway?...
Agreeing with someone is lame?
Terminally lame, no less. LOL

Yet, you respond to my lameness, what do you call that?

It is unnecessary for me to string insults and expletives together.
I call that concise.

Nanny-Nanny, Boo-Boo......LOL

“always”

Level 5

Since: May 12

Ticklaw

#21509 Dec 15, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense, George admitted to shooting the unarmed John Doe on or near a sidewalk in a public space at around 7PM on a Sunday evening. Chris Serino suspected that George was NOT being truthful during that initial interview and was obviously in the process of charging Zimmerman with a felony and booking him when someone interfered leading to George being sent home. The nearly completed charging document is in the docs.

You dedicated fans of George continue to blend the cases few facts along with with rumor, guesses and flat out lies posted on right wing anonymous blogs such as the the conservative treehouse.

Serino asked George if he had a criminal record, George responded, "no, I'm squeaky clean." That was a flat out lie. No background was run on George during the initial investigation, we know that because SPD later claimed that the computers were down which was a lie of course.

The probable cause for arrest was right in front of the Sanford PD, someone, perhaps chief Lee stopped the arrest.

Osterman went on Dr Phil and stated to the world that he was at the shooting scene during the initial investigation. Was he also at the police station later when George was interviewed? Osterman is seen accompanying George during the following days re=creation video.

Did Osterman influence the initial investigation?

If LE had known that Martin was a juvenile with no criminal record would they had tried harder to see probable cause.?

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#21510 Dec 15, 2012
Mae Hemm wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreeing with someone is lame?
Terminally lame, no less. LOL
Yet, you respond to my lameness, what do you call that?
It is unnecessary for me to string insults and expletives together.
I call that concise.
Nanny-Nanny, Boo-Boo......LOL
Don't change context....the post you addressed was speaking of Trayvon...NOT GZ....go back and see, before you reply....
Mae Hemm

Fayetteville, NC

#21511 Dec 15, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The dead boy armed only with a bag of Skittles would be probably cause- especially after the thug Zimmerman complained to the police dispatcher that people 'like Martin' had committed crimes and gotten away with it in his neighborhood and he then got out of the vehicle he was told to stay put in, and chased down and confronted this boy and then shot him at point blank range in the chest.
The "Don't ask, don't tell" policy was in play. Still is sort of.

Now it's, "if asked,...forget".

Easily done with pi**-poor documentation. Easily revised documentation, might I add.
That is what went on in those "meetings". Wouldn't surprise me if select civilians "witnesses" were also there. I can almost hear "take that out", "take that out", "reword that", "forget that".

How does Serino forget that witness 6 saw a pic of GZ from the night of the shooting? How does he forget that? She was interviewed March 2nd. Was the officer who took it not at the "meeting"? That would be hard to believe.

SMH....

One juror/judge who "Doesn't listen, doesn't think" and GZ walks.

"The beat goes on.........And the beat goes on.".

Sad to say.....
Mae Hemm

Fayetteville, NC

#21512 Dec 15, 2012
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Don't change context....the post you addressed was speaking of Trayvon...NOT GZ....go back and see, before you reply....
That's the beauty of the written word. Or the candid pics.
Well, the unedited ones.

“always”

Level 5

Since: May 12

Ticklaw

#21513 Dec 15, 2012
Sallyomally wrote:
In an attempt to further attack the claims made in the affidavit, O'Mara called to the stand Dale Gilbreath, one of the lead investigators. Mr. Gilbreath acknowledged that there was no evidence to indicate who started a fight that happened after Zimmerman got out of his car and, at one point, ran after Trayvon.
"Do you know who started the fight?" O’Mara asked him.
"Do I know? No," said Gilbreath
"Do you have any evidence that supports who may have started the fight?"
“No.”
Yet he signed a sworn affidavit alledging it was George. In the affidavit he words "profiled and confronted" are used.
"Are you following him?" Dispatcher (one who has no authority only makes suggestions) George "yes"
"We don't need you to do that." George "OK"
George proceeds to head back to his truck.
Angela Corey, the special prosecutor who filed charges, claimed multiple times on Wednesday that the prosecutors “are seekers of the truth.” In our legal system, grand juries can sometimes provide a check on prosecutors who indict based on political pressure or the desire to seek the limelight. It is no surprise that Corey avoided the grand jury.
http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/295984... #
Seeking the limelight, Humm a certain judge comes to mind.
O'Mara cleverly attempted to try the case at a bond hearing and Galbreath took the bait. The investigator had no notes and no obligation to take the stand, he was only in court as an onlooker. He could and should have declined. At some point he realized his error and clammed up. No biggie going forward, there are still two other investigators that have not yet testified.

Your continuing attempts to politicize this case is laughable.

Tell me more about the clubhouse security cameras.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#21514 Dec 15, 2012
DillinghamLawFirm wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it ironic that the unsophisticated cried for Zimmerman to be arrested and for "the court to sort it out." Without Probable Cause (PC) the police cannot arrest someone; here, the SAO declined to prosecute, and said there was insufficient PC to even arrest Zimmerman, much less prosecute him.
That is not the way our criminal justice system works.
I think you're incorrect. Police can arrest anybody they desire. But if it's determined police had no real evidence to arrest somebody, then it becomes a liability for the city. The Duke LaCrosse case comes to mind.

After this event became a national circus, then the city decided to take the risk of arresting Zimmerman.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#21515 Dec 15, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? Because police would have had to create that scenario in their heads just like you did here. Do you know what "proof" means? Proof means evidence. Where is this evidence that Zimmerman chased Martin down--especially while he was on the phone with 911 where you didn't hear him running after the dispatcher told him to quit following Martin? See, that's called proof. Proof that Zimmerman held a calm and quiet conversation with 911 for at least a minute or so after he stopped chasing Martin. He couldn't have been running after anybody.

Proof: Martin had more than ample time to leave the area and return back to where he was staying. He could have ran around the complex twice and still made it home by the time Zimmerman finished his conversation with 911. Proof that Martin only ran far enough away from Zimmerman and then stopped.

Proof: Martin was not so scared that he hung up with his girlfriend and called 911 himself. He continued his conversation and never notified police that somebody was following or chasing him. He decided to settle the matter his own way. Had Martin did the right thing and called police, they would have explained what was going on and advised him what to do next. But he didn't. Instead, he waited in the dark for Zimmerman to get off the phone so he could attack him.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#21516 Dec 15, 2012
RuffnReddy wrote:
<quoted text>Nonsense, George admitted to shooting the unarmed John Doe on or near a sidewalk in a public space at around 7PM on a Sunday evening. Chris Serino suspected that George was NOT being truthful during that initial interview and was obviously in the process of charging Zimmerman with a felony and booking him when someone interfered leading to George being sent home. The nearly completed charging document is in the docs.
You dedicated fans of George continue to blend the cases few facts along with with rumor, guesses and flat out lies posted on right wing anonymous blogs such as the the conservative treehouse.
Serino asked George if he had a criminal record, George responded, "no, I'm squeaky clean." That was a flat out lie. No background was run on George during the initial investigation, we know that because SPD later claimed that the computers were down which was a lie of course.
The probable cause for arrest was right in front of the Sanford PD, someone, perhaps chief Lee stopped the arrest.
Osterman went on Dr Phil and stated to the world that he was at the shooting scene during the initial investigation. Was he also at the police station later when George was interviewed? Osterman is seen accompanying George during the following days re=creation video.
Did Osterman influence the initial investigation?
If LE had known that Martin was a juvenile with no criminal record would they had tried harder to see probable cause.?
Posted on Thursday, 07.12.12

TRAYVON MARTIN CASE
Detective in Zimmerman case said he was pressured to file charges

The lead Sanford Police investigator who sought manslaughter charges against George Zimmerman told the FBI that a sergeant and two other officers tried to pressure him into making an arrest in the controversial case — even though he didn’t think there was enough evidence.

Sanford Police Officer Chris Serino first made headlines when evidence released in the case showed he sought manslaughter charges against Zimmerman even while his chief publicly said there was no probable cause to arrest him. But a document released late Thursday casts doubt on Serino’s prior sworn affidavit seeking criminal charges, and raises questions about the credibility of the star law-enforcement witness in the murder case against Zimmerman for the shooting death of a black teenager, Miami Gardens high school junior Trayvon Martin..

Telling the FBI that he was concerned that people inside the police department were leaking information, Serino cited Sgt. Arthur Barnes, officers Rebecca Villalona and Trekelle Perkins “as all pressuring him to file charges against Zimmerman after the incident,” an FBI report said.“Serino did not believe he had enough evidence at the time to file charges.”

The summary of Serino’s statement does not mention the race of the officers who allegedly pressured him, but sources told The Miami Herald that Barnes and Perkins are black, and Villalona is married to an African-American man. All three, the source said, had been called in by their supervisor and questioned about leaking information in the case.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/07/12/2892510...
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#21519 Dec 15, 2012
T4YOU 2 wrote:
<quoted text> Duke Lacross, another travesty of justice brought to you by the poverty pimps Al and Jessie. Self proclaimed Reverends who have no divinity degree...nor real jobs. Zimmerman should sue the sh*t out of these race baiting azzwipes after he is exonerated.
He may sue the city, but I don't think he can sue Jessie the Extortionist because he had no direct influence in the case. Freedom of Speech kind of thing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min sonicfilter 1,126,996
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 1 hr zazz 96,522
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr grave digger 47,501
Jodi Arias: Does the state have the goods to co... (Mar '13) 2 hr Mary NY 25,896
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 2 hr Liz Spector 17,711
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 2 hr bunner 488,758
5000 post wins (Feb '13) 5 hr Concerned_American 4,181
Orlando Dating
Find my Match

Orlando Jobs

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Orlando News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Orlando

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]