Call for arrest of watch captain who ...

Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid

There are 29778 comments on the New York Daily News story from Mar 19, 2012, titled Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid. In it, New York Daily News reports that:

ORLANDO, Fla. -- College students around Florida rallied Monday to demand the arrest of a white neighborhood watch captain who shot an unarmed black teen last month, though authorities may be hamstrung by a state law that allows people to defend themselves with deadly force.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Daily News.

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#21403 Dec 13, 2012
DillinghamLawFirm wrote:
<quoted text>
Bill Lee was the Chief of Police for Sanford PD, not the Sheriff of Seminole County.
He was fired.

Level 5

Location hidden

#21404 Dec 13, 2012
DillinghamLawFirm wrote:
<quoted text>
I must rephrase your question to reflect what the facts show.
AH!

Level 5

Location hidden

#21405 Dec 13, 2012
DillinghamLawFirm wrote:
Police chiefs are at-will employees and can be fired (depending upon the constraints of their contracts).
Police chiefs (government employees) aren't fired lightly and Bill Lee was FIRED for his incompetence in his handling of the Zimmerman case. Notice: a new police chief was hired to replace him.

Level 1

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#21406 Dec 13, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Police chiefs (government employees) aren't fired lightly and Bill Lee was FIRED for his incompetence in his handling of the Zimmerman case. Notice: a new police chief was hired to replace him.
Your statement was that "the Sheriff was canned." He was not; hence, your statement was and is incorrect. At this point, it is painfully obvious that you have no interest in discussing the issue, and I refuse to respond to acrimonious baiting, so this is my last reply to you.

Level 5

Location hidden

#21407 Dec 13, 2012
DillinghamLawFirm wrote:
I practice personal injury law because I was a claims adjuster for 10 years, and criminal law because I'm a former police detective.
I say again: Why would a "lawyer" who was worth a bucket of warm spit be a "personal injury" (a.k.a., ambulance chaser) AND a criminal defense attorney instead- if competent- he or she would be one or the other... particularly if he or she was spending billing hours in this forum.

If you have billable hours available... you must have free time on your hands...

Level 5

Location hidden

#21408 Dec 13, 2012
DillinghamLawFirm wrote:
There were also many rallies held in Sanford to support Chief Bill Lee.
He was fired.

The investigation was bungled. It remains to be seen at this point if his mishandling of the investigation will have further implication on the case.

Level 5

Location hidden

#21409 Dec 13, 2012
DillinghamLawFirm wrote:
<quoted text>
Your statement was that "the Sheriff was canned."
He was ADDRESSED as SHERIFF LEE, you dolt.

How many hundred sources would you like to see?

Level 5

Location hidden

#21410 Dec 13, 2012
DillinghamLawFirm wrote:
At this point, it is painfully obvious that you have no interest in discussing the issue, and I refuse to respond to acrimonious baiting, so this is my last reply to you.
Translation:
"Wahhhhhhhh! WAHHHHH!"

I don't care if you respond- not a wit.

Level 5

Location hidden

#21411 Dec 13, 2012
DillinghamLawFirm wrote:
Politically, it cannot drop the charges because there would be a tremendous public out-cry
The state would not be spending a million dollars in prosecuting the pedophile thug on a political whim.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#21413 Dec 13, 2012
Sallyomally wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you noticed that the prosecution keeps denying that George and his family are in any kind of danger? Remember the family that Spike Lee thought he was tweeting Zimmerman's address and it turned out to be the wrong one. Those poor people were forced into hiding until it was cleared up. They filed suit against him.
Then there was the poor guy that just got out of prison and was given George's old cell phone number. He got calls saying they were going to kill him thinking they were talking to George.
I am concerned about O'Mara once this is over and George is acquitted. He's had death threats in the past.
This is not to mention the several individual attacks on whites by blacks who made reference to Martin during the assaults. I live in a pretty diverse neighborhood, and if things really get out of hand, I'll be doing a few Travon's myself if need be. I can't imagine being directly related to the case. All these people will probably have to hire private armed security for a while if it's thrown out of court or he's found not guilty.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#21414 Dec 13, 2012
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Thanks very much for your input....I have felt all along, that much of this is about politics and social outrage, rather than the specificsof the incident. Seem's to me that every piece of evidece, from the first day, has pointed totally to self-defense. Hard to imagine, just what the state has gathered to even justify it's charge? I keep waiting for the busy news day, when it's announced, they have dropped charges....
Of course it's about politics. How did a self-defense issue in Florida get plastered across the nation by the main stream media? I live in Cleveland, and we've had people use their firearms for self protection, and it barely makes our local news.

This was a pre-election cherry picked story. Democrats are renown for their dislike of firearms while Republicans are renown for their embellishment of guns. Most Democrats quickly came to the side of the black attacker while Republicans came to the aid of Zimmerman. At first, the stories were nothing more than BS. As the truth came out, it made the dichotomy even stronger.

Then to add insult to injury, DumBama came out to say that if he had a son, he would look just like Travon. I mean....... really? I don't recall DumBama making comments on any other murder in this country. So in my opinion, this was all orchestrated.

“always”

Level 5

Since: May 12

Ticklaw

#21416 Dec 13, 2012
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Thanks very much for your input....I have felt all along, that much of this is about politics and social outrage, rather than the specificsof the incident. Seem's to me that every piece of evidece, from the first day, has pointed totally to self-defense. Hard to imagine, just what the state has gathered to even justify it's charge? I keep waiting for the busy news day, when it's announced, they have dropped charges....
Yada Yada, seems to me that you're still a weird one with no clue as to how lady justice does her thing.

I read the attorney's essay and he, like you, has skipped over a couple of important details. I'll forgive him assuming that he hasn't been posting racist crap on anonymous threads at a staggering rate.

During the 2/27 walk-drive through video George stated that he first encountered Trayvon at a particular spot directly adjacent to Frank T's townhome. How could that be, it is nowhere near the path from the Greene residence to the 7-11 and back. Matter of fact, if Trayvon was actually down on that side of the complex, he may very well have been up to no good and I would have folded my tent and lost interest long ago.

Enter Mark Osterman who was at the scene during the investigation, more than likely took the dozen or more photo's that made their way to media, and accompanied George throughout the following days walk-drive through video. Osterman is Zimmerman's best friend, a federal LEO and a former Seminole County sheriffs deputy who's one time supervisor was Billy Lee.

Who was running the investigation at the scene? Why was the scene closed and the shooter excused before the deceased was identified?

Here's what I think...George told his story, Osterman`stood up for his little buddy and the SPD said, " OK whats another dead black thug in the grand scheme of things?"

As a side__the witness who told the FOX reporter about the raining down MMA style has recanted his story. Imagine that?
tired of silly

Orlando, FL

#21417 Dec 13, 2012
A dead thug of any color is a good thing for the world. Trayvon Martin AKA "NO LIMIT N***A" was a filthy ghetto ape. His demise was a positive event, just as the killing of the robber in Casselberry (who was white, btw) was a positive thing. Everyone of these animals who is eliminated makes the world a better place. Arm youselves, ladies and gentlemen. The animals can't win if we shoot them down one by one.
Mae Hemm

Holly Springs, NC

#21418 Dec 13, 2012
DillinghamLawFirm wrote:
<quoted text>

The police officers took Zimmerman's clothing, firearm, and samples from his body (blood and gunshot residue from his hands, etc.).
None of which was sent for lab work until late March.
Even after days upon days of "case update" meetings. Meetings where people present were assigned "tasks" of some sort.
No one thought to send clothing/firearms/samples to the "lab".

That is some kind of investigation.
DillinghamLawFirm wrote:
<quoted text>
The interesting issue is that until the jury is empaneled, the State can amend its charging document, and charge Zimmerman with a lesser crime such as voluntary manslaughter. Once the jury is sworn in, though, Double Jeopardy attaches, and the State is foreclosed from modifying the charges. This may be a tactic the State is considering, but will not execute until the day of the trial, in order to avoid adverse publicity.
Oh, yes, beware of those last-minute changes to the charging document.......
Sallyomally

Sanford, FL

#21420 Dec 13, 2012
Serino was tellingthe FBI that he was concerned that people inside the police department were leaking information, Serino cited Sgt. Arthur Barnes, officers Rebecca Villalona and Trekelle Perkins “as all pressuring him to file charges against Zimmerman after the incident,” an FBI report said.“Serino did not believe he had enough evidence at the time to file charges.”

The summary of Serino’s statement does not mention the race of the officers who allegedly pressured him, but sources told The Miami Herald that Barnes and Perkins are black, and Villalona is married to an African-American man. All three, the source said, had been called in by their supervisor and questioned about leaking information in the case.

In his FBI interview, Serino accused Sgt. Barnes of being “friendly” with Tracy Martin, Trayvon’s father. He said Tracy Martin at first understood why no charges were filed, but later changed coursse and accused Zimmerman of racial profiling.

Sgt. Barnes asked Serino for Tracy Martin's phone number.Very likely they are all Masons.

Records released Thursday show that Sgt. Barnes, a 25-year veteran of the department, told the FBI that he believed the black community would be “in an uproar” if Zimmerman was not charged.“The community will be satisfied if an arrest takes place,”

Here you have the lead investigator saying the reason he wrote in the affidavit to charge George with 2nd degree murder is because he was being pressured by the black officers he worked with.

St.Barnes wants him arrested , not because he thinks he's guilty , but because the blacks in the community might get upset......now we wouldn't want that....would we.
tired of silly

Orlando, FL

#21421 Dec 13, 2012
Sallyomally wrote:
Serino was tellingthe FBI that he was concerned that people inside the police department were leaking information, Serino cited Sgt. Arthur Barnes, officers Rebecca Villalona and Trekelle Perkins “as all pressuring him to file charges against Zimmerman after the incident,” an FBI report said.“Serino did not believe he had enough evidence at the time to file charges.”
The summary of Serino’s statement does not mention the race of the officers who allegedly pressured him, but sources told The Miami Herald that Barnes and Perkins are black, and Villalona is married to an African-American man. All three, the source said, had been called in by their supervisor and questioned about leaking information in the case.
In his FBI interview, Serino accused Sgt. Barnes of being “friendly” with Tracy Martin, Trayvon’s father. He said Tracy Martin at first understood why no charges were filed, but later changed coursse and accused Zimmerman of racial profiling.
Sgt. Barnes asked Serino for Tracy Martin's phone number.Very likely they are all Masons.
Records released Thursday show that Sgt. Barnes, a 25-year veteran of the department, told the FBI that he believed the black community would be “in an uproar” if Zimmerman was not charged.“The community will be satisfied if an arrest takes place,”
Here you have the lead investigator saying the reason he wrote in the affidavit to charge George with 2nd degree murder is because he was being pressured by the black officers he worked with.
St.Barnes wants him arrested , not because he thinks he's guilty , but because the blacks in the community might get upset......now we wouldn't want that....would we.
And if the law is followed and Mr. Zimmerman is found not guilty, the "black community" (if you can call a bunch of project dwelling violent animals a community) will STILL be in an uproar. There is no doubt in my mind that if Mr. Zimmerman recieves JUSTICE in the courtroom, there will be a riot in Sanford. I can only hope that law enforcement is prepared and uses the opportunity to eliminate as many of the violent animals as they can. Innocent people will suffer from the rioting and looting, but if they can mow down some of the gangs with automatic weapons, Sanford might end up being a better place. Let's hope they burn the projects first!

Level 1

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#21422 Dec 13, 2012
Sallyomally wrote:
That's interesting about Sgt. Barnes if it is true. I attended the police academy with him in 1987. He's been with SPD all these years, then. I won't engage in speculation since I haven't seen the man since 1997.

I'll be extremely interested in reviewing the depositions.

gossamer

Roseville, MI

#21423 Dec 13, 2012
Mae Hemm wrote:
<quoted text>
None of which was sent for lab work until late March.
Even after days upon days of "case update" meetings. Meetings where people present were assigned "tasks" of some sort.
No one thought to send clothing/firearms/samples to the "lab".
That is some kind of investigation.
<quoted text>
Oh, yes, beware of those last-minute changes to the charging document.......
This sounds like barefoot.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#21424 Dec 13, 2012
RuffnReddy wrote:
<quoted text>Yada Yada, seems to me that you're still a weird one with no clue as to how lady justice does her thing.
I read the attorney's essay and he, like you, has skipped over a couple of important details. I'll forgive him assuming that he hasn't been posting racist crap on anonymous threads at a staggering rate.
During the 2/27 walk-drive through video George stated that he first encountered Trayvon at a particular spot directly adjacent to Frank T's townhome. How could that be, it is nowhere near the path from the Greene residence to the 7-11 and back. Matter of fact, if Trayvon was actually down on that side of the complex, he may very well have been up to no good and I would have folded my tent and lost interest long ago.
Enter Mark Osterman who was at the scene during the investigation, more than likely took the dozen or more photo's that made their way to media, and accompanied George throughout the following days walk-drive through video. Osterman is Zimmerman's best friend, a federal LEO and a former Seminole County sheriffs deputy who's one time supervisor was Billy Lee.
Who was running the investigation at the scene? Why was the scene closed and the shooter excused before the deceased was identified?
Here's what I think...George told his story, Osterman`stood up for his little buddy and the SPD said, " OK whats another dead black thug in the grand scheme of things?"
As a side__the witness who told the FOX reporter about the raining down MMA style has recanted his story. Imagine that?
http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Justice/2012/032...

Level 5

Location hidden

#21425 Dec 13, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
This is not to mention the several individual attacks on whites by blacks
You see the man who attacked the people in the Oregon mall?

WHITE.

Hey: Hitler was white.
Hey: Stalin was white.
Hey: Lee Harvey Oswald: white.
Hey: Timothy MacVeigh...white.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Obama: Notion that being armed would have saved... 1 min Chicagoan by Birth 956
News News 28 Mins Ago 'Not the America we want': Oba... 2 min Denny CranesPlace 300
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min Nuculur option 1,395,497
H Clinton Demands USA Take 65,000 Muslims 1 hr Wake Up People 14
News Almost one year since gay marriage ruling, LGBT... 1 hr Imprtnrd 38
News 50 dead in Florida nightclub shooting, worst in... 2 hr Synque 1,357
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 3 hr -Prince- 19,022
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages