Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid

Mar 19, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: New York Daily News

ORLANDO, Fla. -- College students around Florida rallied Monday to demand the arrest of a white neighborhood watch captain who shot an unarmed black teen last month, though authorities may be hamstrung by a state law that allows people to defend themselves with deadly force.

Comments
19,021 - 19,040 of 29,902 Comments Last updated Wednesday Jul 16
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

Sallyomally wrote:
The media and the race baiters(including that misleading affidavit from the state) are all responsible for these attacks.(snip PJ media voices of a free America)
Two black men savagely beat a 50-year-old man in a hammer attack in Sanford, Fla., just miles from where Trayvon Martin was shot. The attack is thought to be racially motivated, and the victim, Mark Slavin, has been in critical condition since the attack. He has multiple skull fractures and has developed respiratory problems. His prognosis is grim.
On March 24-25, a string of attacks in Grand Rapids, Mich., by mobs of black youths injured seven whites in separate incidents. Five of the injured filed police reports. Examiner reporter Kyle Rogers interviewed one of the victims, Jacob Palasek, who had been beaten with a chain. Palasek stated that police investigators feel that all the attacks were related to the Trayvon Martin story. Local news media buries the story
On April 9 in Gainesville, Fla., 5-8 black men jumped out of a car and screamed “Trayvon” before severely beating a white 27-year-old man walking home alone. The attackers had selected their target at random. The victim is coping with substantial injuries, including probable “permanent disfigurement to the left side of his face.
The assaults on a pair of Virginian-Pilot reporters in Norfolk, Va., at the hands of 30 black youths, reported for the first time Tuesday, are the latest in a series of attacks driven by a warped sense of racial vigilantism hiding behind calls of “Justice for Trayvon.” At least 15 whites have been beaten not just with fists, but with potentially deadly weapons including hammers and lengths of chain. Many of the victims have been hospitalized, some may never fully recover, and one lingers on the verge of death.
Aaron Parsons is being held on $1 million bail in Baltimore for the videotaped assault and robbery of a tourist on Saint Patrick’s Day. The man who videotaped the beating and posted it online claimed “me an[sic] my boys helped get justice fore[sic] trayvon.” Three co-conspirators to the beating and robbery are still wanted by police.
This list of brutality does not include the highly publicized beating of Matthew Owens in Alabama that may have been the result of a long-running neighborhood feud, nor does it include the shooting of an unoccupied Sanford, Fla., police car at the height of racial tensions before George Zimmerman was arrested. It also does not include alleged vandalism and threats that have been issued, such as the death threats in Wisconsin plastered on neighborhood mailboxes and a sticker featuring a picture of Trayvon Martin and the word “Revenge,” as well as another that said “Kill Whitey.
That's why I always carry my gun with me.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Better a witch than a welsh, eh, Welsher?
No one expects you to keep your word, Welsher.
Welsh:
"A related colloquialism is the verb to welsh/welch ('to renege') as in 'to welsh/welch on a deal or bet', which is derived from an age-old 'English' stereotype of the Welsh/Celtic peoples as unreliable or oath-breakers"
I think Topix should have a "block" list. When you see trolls posting the same crap over and over again, you can put them on the kill file so you never see any of their idiotic posts again. They have filters in Newsgroups--Topix should have them too.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

T4YOU 2 wrote:
<quoted text> Does Ohio have a SYG law? I know NY did not have one before I moved ,but enacted on in 2006 , I think. I always felt it idiotic that if you had a form of egress , you had to flee your own home unless the intruder was armed and you could prove he was the agressor Common sense dictates that he was in your home to do you harm, rob you or worse
Recently, Ohio adopted the Castle Doctrine and CCW law. As time went on, the CCW law became more and more liberal. When first signed, you could only carry your weapon on you when you walked off of your property. Then it advanced to you being able to carry it on your person while driving. You could also carry it in the car within reach provided it was in a closed container such as the glove box or between the seats.

They combined the CCW law and Castle Doctrine so you can use deadly force on somebody trying to break into your car or merely opening up a door. The law considered your vehicle as your portable home.

More recently, they signed into law a provision for people who patron places where alcohol is served, but you still can't touch a drop while armed. Also in that bill, they took away the closed compartment law so you can have the gun laying on your passenger seat or floor if you desire.

Our Castle Doctrine eliminated the liability of the homeowner in the event of self defense. Before, you were obligated to leave your home if possible when a criminal broke in. Now you don't have to move an inch. Before the Castle Doctrine, if you shot somebody in self defense, you were arrested and had to prove your innocence in court. They didn't haul you away in handcuffs, but you were technically arrested for the record. The intruder or his family could sue you even if the shooting was justified. If you were not home, and the intruder hurt himself in your house, he could sue you as well.

The Castle Doctrine eliminated all of that. If somebody came through my door locked or not, I have every right to put them in the grave and nobody can do a thing to me.

Most of these laws were signed by Democrat Governor Ted Strickland. But Governor Kasich did sign the latest improvements. They are working on getting rid of the police notification while armed. Currently, you have to notify an officer if you are armed or not if you are approached by an officer or during a traffic stop.

It's getting much better here in Ohio.

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Topix should have a "block" list.
They do and you're on it.

That is why you cycle through aliases.

And why I have the one, and haven't posted so much as a period mark outside of the one alias.

Stomp your feet and whine. You're good at it.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<
That's why I always carry my gun with me.
You carry a gun because you are a p*.

It's called the "zimmerman defense"- you have a big mouth and lack the spine to back it up so carry a gun so you can get a stiffy.

The closest you will come to using it is when you come home and find your wife with her ankles around the landscaper you hired to below the leaves into a pile in the corner of the hard.

ˇOlé!

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

T4YOU 2 wrote:
<quoted text> first time you have been right in 23 months , bigot.
So now it's 23 months?

Now show us the math on your 2,300 posts a day claim.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

T4YOU 2 wrote:
Zimmerman is going to be rich after he sues tha azz of NBC
O'Mara has already spend the pedophile's slush fund.

It is going to be a tough sell: suing someone from prison, especially, in the USA with this first amendment thingy.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

T4YOU 2 wrote:
<quoted text> NY laws are never going to be totally in favor of a law abideing citizen . They are better now than when I lived there, however.
SC allows you a lot more latitude. For insance you do not need a CCW to carry in your automobile provided that the weapon is located in the glove box or console. unlocked, but not open . You may have it on your person if you have a carry permit.
You can be sure of one thing no matter where you live if you shoot somone outside of you home . you can be assured the family of the deceased will sue you Count on it, becsuse it will happen evertime. I amnot saying they will win,but they will try.
If there are two things I would like to see changed, it's relief from liability outside your home and being able to use a firearm to defend your property. It's ridiculous. If somebody tries to break into my car and I shoot them, I'm not liable in any way because the Castle Doctrine protects me from liability. They can't even try. However, if I step two feet from my car and have to kill somebody, then I can face a lawsuit.

The attitude of firearms are changing so quickly in this country, and the politicians know it. Even Democrats are jumping on board. So if I ever had to face a lawsuit because I used my firearm, I would waive my right to a jury and place the pressure on the judge who is a politician.

We have an organization here called Ohioans for Concealed Carry. Like the NRA, they are growing in strength and numbers, and many a politician fears them. They don't want to mess with that organization, and any citizen who feels screwed by the government can contact them for help.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You carry a gun because you are a p*.
It's called the "zimmerman defense"- you have a big mouth and lack the spine to back it up so carry a gun so you can get a stiffy.
The closest you will come to using it is when you come home and find your wife with her ankles around the landscaper you hired to below the leaves into a pile in the corner of the hard.
ˇOlé!
I'm sure your mother must be real proud of you.......... outside of incest thing.

Don't think I have the guts to defend myself? Why not come here and try to break into my car one evening and I'll show you.

I don't carry a gun because I'm a "P". I carry a gun because of all the Democrats that ruined this once nice suburb making it a dangerous place to be at times. People over here don't punch or use knives. They all use guns, so you have to defend yourself accordingly. Only a dummy liberal would walk around here at night without protection, and then cry foul when something happens to them.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure your mother must be real proud of you.......... outside of incest thing.
I am sure your mother is embarrassed by you... the looking at picture of you children thing.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
I don't carry a gun because I'm a "P".
You carry because you have a tiny pickle and you would soil yourself when confronted. You are exactly the kind of P* that loses his nerve halfway through a murder suicide when he shows up early than the wife expects.

P* with a capital P.

gossamer

Warren, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You carry because you have a tiny pickle and you would soil yourself when confronted. You are exactly the kind of P* that loses his nerve halfway through a murder suicide when he shows up early than the wife expects.
P* with a capital P.
Insults as usual.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

gossamer wrote:
<quoted text>
Insults as usual.
glass houses /throw stones.

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Boy, the media is really crap sometimes...ABC news, this morning said the two DJ's in Australia, were in seclusion, in a fragile emotional state....i almost spitup my coffee....also that Kelly Osborne has tweeted, that they should be thrown in jail.....What a meaty update.....This is how far our national media has fallen.....

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

T4YOU 2 wrote:
<quoted text> People carry to protect themselves from bangers and scumbags .
people carry them to cover for their SHORTcomings.

Like thug pedophile Zimmerman: he wanted to pretend to be a cop and he couldn't get a stiffy unless he carried a weapon- in violation of the Neighbor Watch rules.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Go Blue Forever wrote:
Boy, the media is really crap sometimes...ABC news, this morning said the two DJ's in Australia, were in seclusion, in a fragile emotional state....i almost spitup my coffee..
US "drive time" DJs have done far worse, as long as they have an audience, they will give performances.
Sallyomally

Sanford, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

There was a Craigslist shooting in Lake Mary last night. Two guys sat up another two guys to meet after responding to a 4 wheeler for sale.

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/deputies-craigs...

"Those two men jumped into the back of the lighter car, put guns to the back of their head and proceeded to rob them," said Heather Smith with the Seminole County Sheriff's Office.

But deputies said the victims had a gun of their own and opened fire on the suspects, killing one of them and injuring the other.

According to officials, both suspects tried to leave the scene in their car, but the fatally wounded suspect lost control of the vehicle not far away. The injured suspect, who had been shot multiple times, fled the scene on foot and was found hiding under a duplex nearby.

The two victims were not injured and they are not facing any charges at this point, deputies said. Officials have not released the identities of either suspect

* Sweet

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Sallyomally wrote:
There was a Craigslist shooting
No one expects you to keep your word, Welsher.

Welsh:
"A related colloquialism is the verb to welsh/welch ('to renege') as in 'to welsh/welch on a deal or bet', which is derived from an age-old 'English' stereotype of the Welsh/Celtic peoples as unreliable or oath-breakers"
Sallyomally

Sanford, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

T4YOU 2 wrote:
<quoted text> the suspects race is not mentioned so you know that they are black. Don;t you love it when the put out a public service announcement yet refuse to mention the race or th people you are supposed to be alerting authorities about
Law enforcement officially get a sheet every shift highlighiting the various ativites in the area and the stats of the suspects, including race. On the botton of the sheet it plainly states "not for public dissemination" How f'ed up is that
I was told 2 were black and 2 were white (unconfirmed)...not sure which were the perps.(cough) We won't officially know until their pictures pop up. There may be more to the story...seems fishy, maybe a different kind of deal gone bad????
Sallyomally

Sanford, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Go Blue Forever wrote:
Boy, the media is really crap sometimes...ABC news, this morning said the two DJ's in Australia, were in seclusion, in a fragile emotional state....i almost spitup my coffee....also that Kelly Osborne has tweeted, that they should be thrown in jail.....What a meaty update.....This is how far our national media has fallen.....
What do you think George is going to do after he OWNS NBC? The first will be to fire Sharpton and his entourage.

The Beasley Lawfirm along with O'Mara and West make one heck of a team.

James Beasley, the Philadelphia-based lawyer who’s representing Zimmerman, says his office requested retraction from NBC News in late September/early October.“Nothing of substance ever came through,” says Beasley.“You give the defendants the opportunity to correct it, and the fact that they don’t goes toward the issue of malice.”

http://www.beasleyfirm.com/

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

34 Users are viewing the Orlando Forum right now

Search the Orlando Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 2 min EXECUTE KID KILLERS 483,985
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Grey Ghost 1,080,147
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 12 min Mothra 45,797
FL August 23 Florida Primary Election: Will you vote? (Aug '10) 4 hr well then 2,390
Casey Anthony maintains baby sitter was not fab... 8 hr southerngirl 140
What life is like for Casey Anthony 8 hr Lon Spector 37
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 9 hr Murph 70,407
•••
•••
•••
•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••