Call for arrest of watch captain who ...

Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid

There are 29778 comments on the New York Daily News story from Mar 19, 2012, titled Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid. In it, New York Daily News reports that:

ORLANDO, Fla. -- College students around Florida rallied Monday to demand the arrest of a white neighborhood watch captain who shot an unarmed black teen last month, though authorities may be hamstrung by a state law that allows people to defend themselves with deadly force.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Daily News.

Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#34629 Sep 6, 2013
MADDY 4 wrote:
George Zimmerman attorney to be CNN legal analyst
Mark O'Mara announces new position after discussing 'stand your ground' on CNN
Published On: Sep 06 2013 01:36:29 PM EDT Updated On: Sep 06 2013 01:42:15 PM EDT
http://www.clickorlando.com/news/george-zimme...
"As of today, I’ll be appearing regularly on CNN to offer my insight on a number of high-profile legal matters," O'Mara wrote. "I’m hoping that serving as a legal analyst for CNN will allow me to contribute some thoughtful, moderated insight to what could otherwise be sensational or inflammatory issues."
http://www.clickorlando.com/news/george-zimme...

As if CNN is aiming to avoid "sensational or inflammatory" issues.

What a dorkhead...gods gift to CNN. Him and Piers would make a great team! LOL
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#34630 Sep 6, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
When did I do that? You have a very short memory.
The most I ever said about Ohio SYG is they were going to introduce legislation, but the Martin case came up and they put it on a shelf. Now that it's over, it's being brought up again.
It took you an entire day to invent that retort?

You're going to get a D in your trolling class!

Way too slow....
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#34631 Sep 6, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I say put a rope in every cell. If a prisoner wants to off himself, I'm for it. Saves us taxpayers a lot of money.
Rambler wrote:
Where's the grammar expert?
“As horrifying as Mr. Castro’s crimes may be, the state has a responsibility to ensure his safety from himself and others,” ACLU of Ohio executive director Christine Link said in a statement.

Do you understand the difference between writing in past, present and future tense?

The above refers to Mr Castro as if he's still alive, in the present tense......possibly his safety from others is ensured by a fabrication of his death, eh? This case left far too many unanswered questions for a guilty plea.

The spokesperson also said "as horrifying as Mr Castro's crimes MAY be"...as opposed to "as horrifying as Mr Castro's crimes were". If he's dead, it's too late for the state to ensure his safety.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#34632 Sep 6, 2013
tired of silly wrote:
<quoted text>
Congrats to him!!! He's well qualified. Being on the side of right CAN be beneficial to careers. Greaseboy Baez is pea green with envy!
Jose Baez made numerous media appearances on CNN/HLN over the last while to offer his legal opinion.

Are you incorrectly thinking O'Mara is announcing he's going to get his own show?
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#34633 Sep 6, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
Zimmerman is not a "character", he is a child murderer. I have every right to express MY OPINION which is what this forum is for. Please feel free to skip my posts.
BTW, I'm not the batshit crazy woman who thinks a trial was a farce and the criminal and judge were played by actors. That dear lady, is you.
He's not a character? How about a disciple......because the manner in which you pound out your predictions with certainty gives the impression you own him.

You know everything.....what's going to happen in the future, even what he's thinking!

It that what he meant when he said he was following "god's plan"?

HELLLLLLOOOOOOO god! LOL
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#34635 Sep 6, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
It took you an entire day to invent that retort?
You're going to get a D in your trolling class!
Way too slow....
Sorry. Unlike you, I have a job. I don't get to "retort" (or read what I'm supposed to RETORT TO) until I get home from work.

I just assumed you knew that already since I already mentioned I have a job, and the fact I don't post anything here on weekdays until after 3:00 pm or later. Even if you forgot, I'm sure it crossed your mind as you post here all day long and never see a reply from me during the day.

I'm slow??? LOL!
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#34638 Sep 6, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
Rambler wrote:
“As horrifying as Mr. Castro’s crimes may be, the state has a responsibility to ensure his safety from himself and others,” ACLU of Ohio executive director Christine Link said in a statement.
Do you understand the difference between writing in past, present and future tense?
The above refers to Mr Castro as if he's still alive, in the present tense......possibly his safety from others is ensured by a fabrication of his death, eh? This case left far too many unanswered questions for a guilty plea.
The spokesperson also said "as horrifying as Mr Castro's crimes MAY be"...as opposed to "as horrifying as Mr Castro's crimes were". If he's dead, it's too late for the state to ensure his safety.
You are deeply confused.

May be, is not the same as "are." The paragraph was correctly written and/or edited.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#34639 Sep 6, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry. Unlike you, I have a job. I don't get to "retort" (or read what I'm supposed to RETORT TO) until I get home from work.
I just assumed you knew that already since I already mentioned I have a job, and the fact I don't post anything here on weekdays until after 3:00 pm or later. Even if you forgot, I'm sure it crossed your mind as you post here all day long and never see a reply from me during the day.
I'm slow??? LOL!
Yes, your father was posting here earlier.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#34641 Sep 6, 2013
STM wrote:
<quoted text>
Big difference Rams, O'Mara is a respectable defense attorney, bozo is a slime bucket, IMO. BIG difference between the two.
Perhaps O'Mara will feature a professional fundraising segment, not only of interest to other attorneys but to the public as well. Are donated legal fees tax exempt in the US?
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#34642 Sep 6, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
You are deeply confused.
May be, is not the same as "are." The paragraph was correctly written and/or edited.
This is the UNEDITED quote.....

“As horrifying as Mr. Castro’s crimes MAY be, the state has a responsibility to ensure his safety from himself and others,” ACLU of Ohio executive director Christine Link said in a statement."

Level 2

Since: Sep 13

Kagoshima, Japan

#34643 Sep 6, 2013
STM wrote:
<quoted text>
Big difference Rams, O'Mara is a respectable defense attorney, bozo is a slime bucket, IMO. BIG difference between the two.
Bozo won the case of the century, wtf did Omara do but get props from the likes of you who?
hey marce

Chula Vista, CA

#34644 Sep 6, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
Rambler wrote:
How in the bloody HELL did you ever finish high school?

Or maybe you didn't.

Tired of Silly
Level 7

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#34645 Sep 6, 2013
Thanks 4 Nothing wrote:
<quoted text>
Bozo won the case of the century, wtf did Omara do but get props from the likes of you who?
Omara won a case where the special prosecutor, a bunch of ghetto apes, some screaming poverty pimps, and even a racist president did their very best to stack the deck against his client. Bozo Baez the greaseball pig told a bunch of lies and talked some Pinellas County inbreds into turning a skankpig baby killer loose. Baez should be ashamed to show his fat greasy face in public, Mr. Omara should be very proud of doing a wonderful job of seeing that the LAW was followed instead of some misplaced guilt and sympathy for the attempts to whitewash a dirty drug dealing piece of ghetto trash who got himself killed while committing the crime of attempted murder. Mr. Omara's performance was in the name of justice, fatboy Baez's was in the interest of getting his client to pay for his services with services of her own.

Level 2

Kagoshima, Japan

#34647 Sep 6, 2013
Tired of Silly wrote:
<quoted text>
Omara won a case where the special prosecutor, a bunch of ghetto apes, some screaming poverty pimps, and even a racist president did their very best to stack the deck against his client. Bozo Baez the greaseball pig told a bunch of lies and talked some Pinellas County inbreds into turning a skankpig baby killer loose. Baez should be ashamed to show his fat greasy face in public, Mr. Omara should be very proud of doing a wonderful job of seeing that the LAW was followed instead of some misplaced guilt and sympathy for the attempts to whitewash a dirty drug dealing piece of ghetto trash who got himself killed while committing the crime of attempted murder. Mr. Omara's performance was in the name of justice, fatboy Baez's was in the interest of getting his client to pay for his services with services of her own.
What? Who are you? You are the one living with Zimmerman and defending him. Now you are defending this Omara fool. You sure get around. Hard to believe you know these people so well. You must be very important.

Level 2

Kagoshima, Japan

#34648 Sep 6, 2013
hey marce wrote:
<quoted text>
How in the bloody HELL did you ever finish high school?
Or maybe you didn't.
Skipped most of high school went straight to college. All Japanese do very well in school. americans are just too lazy.

Level 2

Kagoshima, Japan

#34649 Sep 6, 2013
You know.

Tired of Silly
Level 7

Location hidden

#34650 Sep 6, 2013
Thanks 4 Nothing wrote:
<quoted text>
What? Who are you? You are the one living with Zimmerman and defending him. Now you are defending this Omara fool. You sure get around. Hard to believe you know these people so well. You must be very important.
I don't know either of them,you idiot. Mr. Omara did a fine job. Mr. Zimmerman was found "not guilty" by a jury NOT made up of retarded inbreds like the Anthony 12. I'm not important at all, just a regular taxpayer who highly resents the money wasted in my county on the trial of George Zimmerman that never should have happened since it was obviously a case of self defense from the get-go, and a mother who finds babykilling skankpig Casey Anthony to be the lowest form of life, and her fat ugly lawyer the second lowest form. Any more questions, Brad?

Tired of Silly
Level 7

Location hidden

#34651 Sep 6, 2013
Thanks 4 Nothing wrote:
<quoted text>
Skipped most of high school went straight to college. All Japanese do very well in school. americans are just too lazy.
You MIGHT have made it past 8th grade, but that was just because they thought it was gross that a 6th grader was shaving every day and promoted you.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#34652 Sep 6, 2013
Tired of Silly wrote:
<quoted text>
Omara won a case where the special prosecutor, a bunch of ghetto apes, some screaming poverty pimps, and even a racist president did their very best to stack the deck against his client..
Oh my....did you know our very own ngracie was flicking from Topix thread to thread begging people to sign the online petition demanding that "the people" be given the right to decide if GZ committed murder or not?

Which of the above categories does that fall under?

I'm also curious if the Spade of Kings....opps King of Spades was the dealer?
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#34653 Sep 6, 2013
Thanks 4 Nothing wrote:
<quoted text>
Won an unlikely un-winnable case?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 13 min An NFL Fan 1,394,846
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 21 min -Prince- 19,008
We Wouldn't Have a Immigration Problem if We En... 29 min Culture Auditor 1
News Obama: Notion that being armed would have saved... 34 min Cat74 900
News At gay pride parades, a year to weave sorrow an... 37 min Here is what I 3
News 50 dead in Florida nightclub shooting, worst in... 42 min OK Barry 1,292
News News 28 Mins Ago 'Not the America we want': Oba... 1 hr Synque 272
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 2 hr Murphey_Law 513,333
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages