Call for arrest of watch captain who ...

Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid

There are 29779 comments on the New York Daily News story from Mar 19, 2012, titled Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid. In it, New York Daily News reports that:

ORLANDO, Fla. -- College students around Florida rallied Monday to demand the arrest of a white neighborhood watch captain who shot an unarmed black teen last month, though authorities may be hamstrung by a state law that allows people to defend themselves with deadly force.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Daily News.

Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#34390 Sep 3, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF did I say that? I said that there are people who are driving around for a purpose be it work, retired, being supported by their spouse or whatever. But it doesn't justify the amount of traffic on the road during a typical work day. And given the fact that half of our population is either partially or entirely supported by working taxpayers, it's reasonable to conclude that at least half of the people I see on the roads or streets are being supported by my tax dollar.
Must I remind you of what you wrote last night?

xxxrayted wrote
<quoted text>
What I want is for anybody who can work to have a job. I drive through the city all the time and ask myself "WTF are all these people doing walking around on a work day?" Then I drive down the highway and see the same thing. Car after car of people just driving around. The only time I'm ever on the highway is when I have a doctors appointment or at work. I'm not talking about a couple of cars, I'm talking about a lot of cars. I often wished I had the authority to set up a booth on the highway just to stop people and ask what they do for income when they are on the highway instead of at work? I would really like to know what I'm doing wrong.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#34391 Sep 3, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
You're too stupid to admit it but instructions were given to the jury for SYG. O'Mara wanted the jury to decide SYG, and they did.
You're a nut job.
SYG laws apply to a defendant that opted not to leave a situation where they felt threatened. That's not what happened here. What happened is Zimmerman was walking back to his vehicle and was violently attacked from a thug that came out of the darkness. That's not SYG and this was a case of the state prosecuting Zimmerman of second degree murder.
Oasis

Holly Springs, NC

#34392 Sep 3, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF did I say that? I said that there are people who are driving around for a purpose be it work, retired, being supported by their spouse or whatever. But it doesn't justify the amount of traffic on the road during a typical work day. And given the fact that half of our population is either partially or entirely supported by working taxpayers, it's reasonable to conclude that at least half of the people I see on the roads or streets are being supported by my tax dollar.
Do you make a mental note of the makes/models of the cars and the racial make up of the drivers?
If I see someone going the speed limit, I think they are riding dirty. I don't care who they are. LOL

People driving----not a good employment indicator.
Now those folks milling around retail stores or leisurely dining anywhere in the middle of the day.
That can tell you a little something...just a little.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#34393 Sep 3, 2013
WHY PEOPLE DRIVE CARS

Adding.....

To cruise around town - it's cool, generation upon generation of young people do it.

To go visit somebody.

To go on a vacation.

To escape a confrontation.

To give a friend, spouse or relative a ride to somewhere.

To pick up a friend, spouse or relative from somewhere.

To sightsee something local.

To take or pickup a pet at the vet.

To go to the library.

To pick up a parcel.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#34394 Sep 3, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not arguing anything -- and nor did whomever you choose to quote invent the dictionary definition of the word "welfare".
Do you consider student loans "welfare" as well?
Nothing wrong with what I wrote. You drink too much.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#34395 Sep 3, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
Must I remind you of what you wrote last night?
xxxrayted wrote
<quoted text>
What I want is for anybody who can work to have a job. I drive through the city all the time and ask myself "WTF are all these people doing walking around on a work day?" Then I drive down the highway and see the same thing. Car after car of people just driving around. The only time I'm ever on the highway is when I have a doctors appointment or at work. I'm not talking about a couple of cars, I'm talking about a lot of cars. I often wished I had the authority to set up a booth on the highway just to stop people and ask what they do for income when they are on the highway instead of at work? I would really like to know what I'm doing wrong.
Need I remind you of what else I wrote?
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I make that assumption. Of course I understand that there are reasons people are not working: retired, sales or other position that requires driving, kids out of school, vacation or some other paid time off, but that doesn't justify all of those people.
Now why would somebody be wondering why I was on the highway when I'm driving a tractor-trailer? I think that's pretty simple to figure out--even for you.
Typical Rambler. Pick and choose.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#34396 Sep 3, 2013
Oasis wrote:
<quoted text>
Now those folks milling around retail stores or leisurely dining anywhere in the middle of the day.
That can tell you a little something...just a little.
I adamantly disagree!

In today's world, fewer and fewer jobs involve Monday to Friday, 8:00 - 5:00 hours.

After we conclude WHY PEOPLE DRIVE CARS, would you be interested in the next topic of TYPES OF JOBS THAT INVOLVE SHIFTWORK OR NON-STANDARD HOURS OF EMPLOYMENT?

(Geeze...did you people just get off the bus from outer space?)
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#34397 Sep 3, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Need I remind you of what else I wrote?
<quoted text>
Typical Rambler. Pick and choose.
<quoted text>
Yes I make that assumption. Of course I understand that there are reasons people are not working: retired, sales or other position that requires driving, kids out of school, vacation or some other paid time off, but that doesn't justify all of those people.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#34398 Sep 3, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you having an identity crisis?

I wrote that post to "Anonymous of Indy".

:-)

WHY PEOPLE DRIVE CARS

To visit their psychiatrist.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#34399 Sep 3, 2013
To visit clients - social workers, realtors, appraisers, bankers, lawyers, brokers......

Patrolling - ghost cars.

Volunteers - Meals on Wheels, drive seniors to drs appts/clinics
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#34400 Sep 3, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!!
Sorry, you can pretend that you're "old" but it's very obvious by the lack of maturity in your words that you're playing what you think is an amusing game by pretending to be an adult.
Oh please. I know when I'm discussing issues with a kid. Your posts are proportional with somebody that lacks experience in life. You will find out. When you get older, you learn more things. Your views change.

When I was younger, I was a liberal. I believed in legalization of narcotics. I was against the death penalty. I was against any kind of war. I believed that the federal government should take care of people.

After working ten years with people in poverty and paying taxes out of my azz, I started to learn things.

This is how I can tell you are much younger than I: you lack real life experience. It's obvious in most all of your replies and posts.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#34401 Sep 3, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
To buy booze (or drugs).
hey marce

Chula Vista, CA

#34403 Sep 3, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh please. I know when I'm discussing issues with a kid. Your posts are proportional with somebody that lacks experience in life. You will find out. When you get older, you learn more things. Your views change.
When I was younger, I was a liberal. I believed in legalization of narcotics. I was against the death penalty. I was against any kind of war. I believed that the federal government should take care of people.
After working ten years with people in poverty and paying taxes out of my azz, I started to learn things.
This is how I can tell you are much younger than I: you lack real life experience. It's obvious in most all of your replies and posts.
Actually, Rambler is in her 50s.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#34404 Sep 3, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Last night "you" couldn't type a word with more than two syllables.

Today you obviously attempting to backtrack.

That's you'd allow children to post under your moniker of xxxrayted is absolutely despicable!
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#34405 Sep 3, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all. Our new society has to learn to control their anger. Nobody should be in a position of being punched unless they agreed to an honest fight. If somebody punches me, then I am being attacked and I have no idea what my attackers plans are.
If you don't want to get shot and die, then don't punch anybody; simple as that. But if you are one of those people who simply cannot control their anger, then like Trayvon, you will end up as worm food and it's perfectly legal.
Example.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#34406 Sep 3, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I would give six months paychecks to be 18 years old again. But you might not understand that until you reach my age sonny.
Let's try this again: nobody can make you angry. You can only make yourself angry. A person may try to make you angry, but entering a state of anger is your decision--not anybody else's. Being angry, sad, happy, humorous is not in control of anybody else but you unless you have an extremely weak mind.
There is nobody that can provoke me to pull out my gun unless in self-defense. There is nobody that can provoke me to hit them, spit on them, or insult their family. Nobody can puppet me into physical action. I have to make the decision to take action on my own. I can also decide not to take physical action. That's my decision and nobody has control over my body except myself.
And this......the essay should be titled REGURGITATION!
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#34407 Sep 3, 2013
"Our new society has to learn to control their anger......"

Our new society?

Sorry, I missed the announcement.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#34408 Sep 3, 2013
WHY PEOPLE DRIVE CARS

To go to the new society?
hey marce

Chula Vista, CA

#34409 Sep 3, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
And this......the essay should be titled REGURGITATION!
You're spinning out of control, Rambler.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#34410 Sep 3, 2013
hey marce wrote:
<quoted text>
You're spinning out of control, Rambler.
The Ground I Stand on is hard as rock!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Grey Ghost 1,479,219
News Pulse nightclub massacre is Florida's top story... 1 hr Gremlin 6
News DUI Defendant Drinks 12-Pack at Court - (Oct '07) 3 hr Badlands 46
In car accident ...left disabled 6 hr Jolie 3
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 10 hr Brian_G 62,878
Curse of the OJ lawyers (Jul '11) 18 hr Purple 12
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 22 hr Joy 98,315

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages