Call for arrest of watch captain who ...

Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid

There are 29778 comments on the New York Daily News story from Mar 19, 2012, titled Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid. In it, New York Daily News reports that:

ORLANDO, Fla. -- College students around Florida rallied Monday to demand the arrest of a white neighborhood watch captain who shot an unarmed black teen last month, though authorities may be hamstrung by a state law that allows people to defend themselves with deadly force.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Daily News.

Huh

Faribault, MN

#34368 Sep 3, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
This is an interesting SYG case from Alabama -- the appellant court reversed a murder conviction. The victim was unarmed, for some bizarre reason the defendant tossed out "a stick" which then resulted in him getting hit with the stick and as he feared for his life, that gave him the legal right to Stand His Ground and shoot him. It's not clear if either of the two were lawfully at the location where the incident took place, but the appellant court didn't care.
http://blog.al.com/breaking/2013/08/limestone...
My second cousin was a cop. He walked into a store. A mad customer threw a can at store owner it missed and hit my cousin. He pulled his gun and shot the guy who threw the can. My second cousin cop went to prison for murder.

Was that right or wrong??
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#34370 Sep 3, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
My second cousin was a cop. He walked into a store. A mad customer threw a can at store owner it missed and hit my cousin. He pulled his gun and shot the guy who threw the can. My second cousin cop went to prison for murder.
Depends. Did he walk or was he one of those people who DRIVE A CAR to the store?
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#34371 Sep 3, 2013
tired of silly wrote:
<quoted text>
My uncle's brother's dog got hit by a car. The dog pulled a gun and shot the driver. Is that right or wrong?
Awaiting xxxrayed.......where was the driver going in his car?
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#34372 Sep 3, 2013
WHY PEOPLE DRIVE CARS

I'm sure you're all jotting down your ideas in excited anticipation.....shall we set a target of how many reasons we can think of? A badge for whoever contributes the most?

Let's make make this a TEAM effort! Your suggestions are more than welcome.....

Hey xxxrayted, where are you!!!!!!

Is school out yet?
Oasis

Holly Springs, NC

#34373 Sep 3, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
This is obviously the Cliff notes version of events.

I would convict him.
Oasis

Holly Springs, NC

#34374 Sep 3, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
They were on food stamps, Pell grants and unemployment.
I wonder if they were also on Section 8 housing assistance.
Naw, I read that he was behind on rent. Section 8 landlords ALWAYS get their money. Straight from the agency.

There are organizations that help with delinquent utilities, though. Hardship, case by case basis.

We all know what a yarn GZ can spin.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#34375 Sep 3, 2013
Oasis wrote:
<quoted text>
Naw, I read that he was behind on rent. Section 8 landlords ALWAYS get their money. Straight from the agency.
There are organizations that help with delinquent utilities, though. Hardship, case by case basis.
We all know what a yarn GZ can spin.
Do the landlords DRIVE their cars to "the agency" to settle issues involving delinquent accounts?

Tired of Silly
Level 7

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#34376 Sep 3, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
Do the landlords DRIVE their cars to "the agency" to settle issues involving delinquent accounts?
You call others immature when you function on a third grade level. Grow up, crazywoman.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#34377 Sep 3, 2013
Tired of Silly wrote:
<quoted text>
You call others immature when you function on a third grade level. Grow up, crazywoman.
In case you didn't read back to last night (which I know don't true, but anyway.....) my endeavour to take of the cause of determining many IMPORTANT reasons WHY PEOPLE DRIVE CARS came about because xxxrayed seemed somewhat disillusioned with life, believing that everyone he or she sees driving cars are welfare bums, driving around for with no real purpose.

If you're not interested, then butt out!

Tired of Silly
Level 7

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#34378 Sep 3, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
In case you didn't read back to last night (which I know don't true, but anyway.....) my endeavour to take of the cause of determining many IMPORTANT reasons WHY PEOPLE DRIVE CARS came about because xxxrayed seemed somewhat disillusioned with life, believing that everyone he or she sees driving cars are welfare bums, driving around for with no real purpose.
You don't tell me what to do, crazywoman. You're just some nut. I read last night, and even told XXX that he was wrong. There's no reason for you to rant for days with this adolescent behavior. What's the matter, did your dream lover abandon you? Do they let certified nutcases like you drive cars in Canada? Or do they send all of you down here with your 800 ft. Winnebagos to cross 4 lanes of traffic on I-4 because you JUST spotted the exit to Disney....you know, the one that's been on 28 signs before that......if there's one vehicle I avoid on the highway, it's any vehicle with Canadian plates. Y'all drive like idiots.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#34379 Sep 3, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF did I say that? I said that there are people who are driving around for a purpose be it work, retired, being supported by their spouse or whatever. But it doesn't justify the amount of traffic on the road during a typical work day. And given the fact that half of our population is either partially or entirely supported by working taxpayers, it's reasonable to conclude that at least half of the people I see on the roads or streets are being supported by my tax dollar.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#34380 Sep 3, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
No. I hired a lawyer so I didn't have to take time off of work. You don't settle delinquent accounts at any agency, you settle in court.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#34381 Sep 3, 2013
Rambler wrote:
WHY PEOPLE DRIVE CARS
I'm sure you're all jotting down your ideas in excited anticipation.....shall we set a target of how many reasons we can think of? A badge for whoever contributes the most?
Let's make make this a TEAM effort! Your suggestions are more than welcome.....
Hey xxxrayted, where are you!!!!!!
Is school out yet?
Sorry, just got here. That's what happens with people who actually have jobs.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#34382 Sep 3, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Well when someone you love bumps into someone and gets killed make sure you support the killer.
And when you find such a case, please post a link to it.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#34383 Sep 3, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
EVERYONE OF THOSE SENARIOS IS NO DIFFERENT THEN THE ZIM TRYAVON DEAL..........
Your just a racist who was happy a black kid died.....in florida EITHER I CAN STAND MY GROUND OR CANT I??????????
If you push me shove me run into me hit me I would feel threatened........cant have it one way this time another next.....THREATENED IS THREATENED..........
Yes, and when somebody has you pinned down so you can't escape, blackened both of your eyes, beats your head against the cement, and then discovers your firearm on your person and tries to disarm you, you bet your life is threatened, and that's why Martin is fertilizer today.

Why are you so racist against Hispanics anyway?
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#34385 Sep 3, 2013
Tired of Silly wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't tell me what to do, crazywoman. You're just some nut. I read last night, and even told XXX that he was wrong. There's no reason for you to rant for days with this adolescent behavior..
Tired of Silly wrote
<quoted text>
Sorry, but I know a fair number of women who are stay at home moms or wives, and they certainly aren't receiving welfare. Your assumptions that everyone you see on the road is on welfare is, quite frankly, offensive. I quite often have meetings outside my office. I get to them by driving there. When my colleagues and I go out to lunch, we drive there. Sometimes in our own cars, sometimes together. If I'm running out to Publix to get snacks for a meeting, I drive there. When I have a day off or am on vacation, I am out driving during the day. Yes, there are too many people on welfare and there should be NO ONE receiving taxpayer dollars for their personal needs, but seeing how many people are driving around on any given day is really not a good way to determine how many there are.

Congratulations, you are presently leading the Badge contest for the most examples of why YOU drive your car -- and while it's acknowledged YOU see yourself as a Very Important Person (I, I, I, I, I, I, I....), it's absolutely arrogant for you to presume you account for the totality of traffic, outside of welfare bums, or that what you have listed is ALL the reasons WHY PEOPLE DRIVE CARS!
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#34386 Sep 3, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, just got here. That's what happens with people who actually have jobs.
Awesome! I was looking forward to your being here!

Do you want me to keep the list of WHY PEOPLE DRIVE CARS, or would you like to?

Posters have been tossing out ideas all day already, they're anxious to offer their insight!
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#34387 Sep 3, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
No. I hired a lawyer so I didn't have to take time off of work. You don't settle delinquent accounts at any agency, you settle in court.
Do you DRIVE YOUR CAR to court?
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#34388 Sep 3, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
You just keep on exposing your ignorance.
If you deposit $500 in the bank, the bank will not allow you to withdraw $600. They will charge you a fee of $39 for attempting to do so.
Banks are getting rich off their fees. Congress had to pass legislation allowing bank customers to opt out some of these outrageous fees.
If you had a bank account you would know these things.
Yes Zazz, now you're starting to get it. Banks can't survive by allowing people to withdraw more money than they have in their account. But yet, when our federal government does it on a daily basis, you applaud them.

Now let me educate you on bank and credit card fees:

Before the Communist took over and banks conducted business in a fair way, they would give special privileges to their valued customers that paid their bills on time. Free checking accounts, lower or no interest on credit cards, no transfer fees and so on. For their irresponsible customers who often withdrew more than they had in their banking account, those who ran past their credit limit, those who were late on payments, they charged a fee. Simple enough.

Because most irresponsible people vote Democrat, DumBama had to do something about charging his potential voters all of these fees. So he virtually eliminated them. Banks depended on these fees so they could offer attractive business deals to their responsible borrowers that typically vote Republican. But since the Communist put a halt to all this, banks now have to charge fees to their responsible customers because the Communist legislated freebies go to potential liberal voters.

This is your typical liberal solution to a problem: reward irresponsibility and discourage responsibility. Give the irresponsible people breaks at the expense of the responsible. After all, somebody has to pay. Why should it be the irresponsible?
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#34389 Sep 3, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
They were on food stamps, Pell grants and unemployment.
I wonder if they were also on Section 8 housing assistance.
Link to that please!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Notliz 1,417,049
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 60,990
two words (Jul '10) 2 hr CJ Rocker 27,860
Double Fun Word Game (Mar '11) 2 hr CJ Rocker 13,079
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 2 hr CJ Rocker 19,175
Hot girl named Sara 3 hr USS LIBERTY 2
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 4 hr Murphey_Law 513,455

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages