Call for arrest of watch captain who ...

Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid

There are 29780 comments on the New York Daily News story from Mar 19, 2012, titled Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid. In it, New York Daily News reports that:

ORLANDO, Fla. -- College students around Florida rallied Monday to demand the arrest of a white neighborhood watch captain who shot an unarmed black teen last month, though authorities may be hamstrung by a state law that allows people to defend themselves with deadly force.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Daily News.

Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#33324 Aug 6, 2013
GLOOMY DAYS wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! Most Canadians consider themselves to be 'supreme'.
I oft ponder the fact perhaps the Birth Certificate of Adolph was a fraud and his birthplace was Canada.
This is perhaps why they hate the Brits and Americans with such a vehemence - Could it be due to the fact we defeated their hero ??
I have no interest in engaging in a discussion about WW2.

Current events are far more interesting to me.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#33325 Aug 6, 2013
GLOOMY DAYS wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! Most Canadians consider themselves to be 'supreme'.
I oft ponder the fact perhaps the Birth Certificate of Adolph was a fraud and his birthplace was Canada.
This is perhaps why they hate the Brits and Americans with such a vehemence - Could it be due to the fact we defeated their hero ??
hey marce wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like a lot like your hero, Hitler.
White supremacy has nothing to do with any religious doctrine.

By the way, I've noticed frequently you pick up where MarsMan left off.....you coud be a little less obvious.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#33326 Aug 6, 2013
This story is morphing already......

"The department says the snake is generally only permitted in accredited zoos, unless there is a special permit.

Meanwhile, police say that the python that escaped its cage and was involved in the death of two young New Brunswick brothers was being kept in a second-floor apartment — not in the exotic pet store below.

Noah Barthe, 5, and Connor Barthe, 7, were found dead Monday morning an African rock python escaped its cage through a ventilation shaft, and fell into the room were the boys were sleeping."

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/life/Update+De...

The RCMP have already corrected the ages of the boys to 4 and 6 in a news release, but not the location where the snake was kept. Suddenly the Canadian Press no longer relies on official RCMP news bulletins issued by the RCMP?

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/nb/news-nouvelles/i...

“ personal friend of mine.”

Level 2

Since: Jan 13

MY TOWN USA

#33327 Aug 6, 2013
Rambler wrote:
This story is morphing already......
"The department says the snake is generally only permitted in accredited zoos, unless there is a special permit.
Meanwhile, police say that the python that escaped its cage and was involved in the death of two young New Brunswick brothers was being kept in a second-floor apartment — not in the exotic pet store below.
Noah Barthe, 5, and Connor Barthe, 7, were found dead Monday morning an African rock python escaped its cage through a ventilation shaft, and fell into the room were the boys were sleeping."
http://www.edmontonjournal.com/life/Update+De...
The RCMP have already corrected the ages of the boys to 4 and 6 in a news release, but not the location where the snake was kept. Suddenly the Canadian Press no longer relies on official RCMP news bulletins issued by the RCMP?
http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/nb/news-nouvelles/i...
The snake didn't kill them kiddies. Python type snakes are not predatory. They lay in wait for their food. The also bite it first and then let go quickly. Then they ingest it. This snake did non of that. Get out the lie detector and question the guy who owned the snake.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#33328 Aug 6, 2013
RetiredProfessional wrote:
<quoted text>
The snake didn't kill them kiddies. Python type snakes are not predatory. They lay in wait for their food. The also bite it first and then let go quickly. Then they ingest it. This snake did non of that. Get out the lie detector and question the guy who owned the snake.
It is also impossible for a 15 foot snake to slither up vertical ventilation pipes from a main floor all the way to the roof of a second story and a snake certainly wouldn't just fall though "a hole" in a roof. Too much fiction written into "adventures of snake". But it is a good lesson in critical thinking....people should feel free to question news stories and not believe everything they're told.

This story does sort of remind me of something though......I'll find what later tonight.

Level 2

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#33329 Aug 6, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
It is also impossible for a 15 foot snake to slither up vertical ventilation pipes from a main floor all the way to the roof of a second story and a snake certainly wouldn't just fall though "a hole" in a roof. Too much fiction written into "adventures of snake". But it is a good lesson in critical thinking....people should feel free to question news stories and not believe everything they're told.
This story does sort of remind me of something though......I'll find what later tonight.
Mom put the pet snake up to it!
hey marce

Chula Vista, CA

#33330 Aug 6, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you talking about? Many species of pythons live in trees & all species are excellent climbers.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#33331 Aug 6, 2013
Snake attack leaves many questions
KITCHENER — Rob Conrad has handled reptiles for 30 years and he has a few questions about the story of the African rock python that apparently killed two boys in New Brunswick.

"To anyone who keeps reptiles, this story doesn't make any sense," Conrad, the owner of Global Exotic Pets in Kitchener, said Tuesday.

"Snakes don't just strangle and leave things be. They strangle things and consume them. We have to look at science. If a python really attacked a kid, they wouldn't be there. They'd be consumed."

Pythons only attack when they eat, Conrad said. And he hasn't heard any reports of serious wounds on the boys.

He wants to wait for more details on the deaths of the boys in Campbellton, N.B., before drawing any conclusions.

"It's very difficult to comment because nobody really knows what's going on."

But based on what he's heard so far, the story doesn't add up.

More
http://www.therecord.com/news-story/3925976-s...
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#33332 Aug 6, 2013
hey marce wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you talking about? Many species of pythons live in trees & all species are excellent climbers.
Yes, but climbing the outside of a tree is entirely different than slithering up the inside of a ventilation pipe. This this 100 pound snake comes crashing down through a hole in the roof, making not a sound. Everyone sleeps.

You're the most guilible person on earth if you believe the story as written.

Level 2

Location hidden

#33333 Aug 6, 2013
hey marce wrote:
<quoted text>
I have one!

Level 2

Location hidden

#33334 Aug 6, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but climbing the outside of a tree is entirely different than slithering up the inside of a ventilation pipe. This this 100 pound snake comes crashing down through a hole in the roof, making not a sound. Everyone sleeps.
You're the most guilible person on earth if you believe the story as written.
Why do you think thy call them snakes? They have been known to come from the strangest places. History tells us to be careful. You never know when one might just come out of no place and eat you alive!

Gulp, no more Canadian from Chicago that lives in Florida.
Ctz

Riverside, CA

#33335 Aug 6, 2013
sniffmyjunk wrote:
<quoted text>
Mom put the pet snake up to it!
Where was the mom ? The kids were only 5 -7 They would both be screaming. The snake couldn't have killed them both at the same time.

Level 2

Location hidden

#33336 Aug 6, 2013
Ctz wrote:
<quoted text> Where was the mom ? The kids were only 5 -7 They would both be screaming. The snake couldn't have killed them both at the same time.
What do you think happened really?
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#33337 Aug 6, 2013
Ctz wrote:
<quoted text> Where was the mom ? The kids were only 5 -7 They would both be screaming. The snake couldn't have killed them both at the same time.
Global news has an interview with the supposed Jean Claude Savoie telling his story, here:
http://globalnews.ca/news/764130/snake-that-s...

A pathetic imitation of a Frenchman, in a city with 55% "French-speaking only".
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#33338 Aug 6, 2013
CANADA
August 6, 2013 11:06 am
UPDATE: Autopsies scheduled for two N.B. boys killed by python

By Julia Wong

.........RCMP have said the snake reached the two boys through a ventilation system.

<snip>

“We can speculate, with the snake, how they do things, but for the real cause of death we’ll have to wait for the pathologist’s report,” RCMP Sergeant Alain Tremblay told reporters at a Tuesday press conference.

He said investigators would speak with the store’s owner “in a short time,” and wouldn’t speculate on what potential charges might result from the investigation.

“We’re not there yet,” he said.“Yes, I confirmed it’s a criminal investigation because two young boys lost their lives. It’s very serious. But … it’s going to take time.”

Tremblay said police don’t know whether Savoie had the proper licenses needed to keep a prohibited animal such as an African Rock Python.

“We’re just at the first step of this investigation,” he said.“It’s not an easy case.”

http://globalnews.ca/news/762560/escaped-pyth...
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#33339 Aug 6, 2013
What an African rock python usually prefers to eat: monkeys, antelope and crocodiles
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/wildlife/102...

I'd like to think this entire story is a fabrication, but it accomplished getting this potential man-eating snake away from a criminal organization consisting of psycopaths.

:-(
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#33340 Aug 6, 2013
Python "Nightmare": New Giant Species Invading Florida

September 14, 2009

Already squeezed by the invasion of the giant Burmese python, Florida now faces what one scientist calls one of the U.S. state's "worst nightmares."

Africa's largest snake—the ill-tempered, 20-foot-long (6.1-meter-long) African rock python—is colonizing the U.S. state, new discoveries suggest.

Six African rock pythons have been found in Florida since 2002. More troubling, a pregnant female and two hatchlings have been found, which means the aggressive reptiles have set up house.

More dangerous than even Burmese pythons—which are known to eat alligators (alligator-python picture)—the African pythons are "so mean, they come out of the egg striking," said Kenneth Krysko, senior herpetologist at the Florida Museum of Natural History in Gainesville.

"This is just one vicious animal."

So far the giant snakes have been found only in a single square mile (2.6 square kilometers) of suburban area west of Miami. Pet breeders unprepared for the pythons' ferocity may have released them, Krysko said.

<snip>

"There's a real opportunity to [mount] an aggressive response" to get rid of the African rock python while the giant snake is still limited to a relatively small area, Serbesoff-King added.

One model, she said, may be the "python patrol" that the Nature Conservancy set up in the Florida Keys. After the Burmese python swam from the Everglades to the island chain and began munching rare Keys wildlife, the team started searching for and capturing the snakes to slow the species' spread.

The Florida museum's Krysko and USGS's Reed both agree that the African snake must be knocked out—and now.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2009/...
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#33342 Aug 6, 2013
Wintergirl wrote:
<quoted text>
I read Obama will be in Florida. Better get straight jackets for all the haters.
Really now?

I seem to remember that the "jackets" were more needed during the Occupy Wall street movement. I also remember them being needed in CA after the Zimmerman verdict. Oh, and let's not forget the Republican National Conventions. Rodney King?

Who are the Obama haters? Typically, they are the Tea Party types that have non-violent assemblies and leave at a reasonable hour. They even clean up the trash after themselves. No burning down businesses, no attacking police officers, no attacking police cars, no fires. Just a general peaceful protest.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#33343 Aug 6, 2013
Big Bad Johnson wrote:
<quoted text>Yo' piss rated, there was never a picture of your fugly azz on a horse because even yo' mammy could not tell who was the horse.
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!1
Typical coon. You have to shoe your momma before you take her out.

Level 2

Location hidden

#33344 Aug 6, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical coon. You have to shoe your momma before you take her out.
You have to make your mamma proud Yolanda, no matter how black you be makes no difference to me. I'm color blind.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 19 min Yeah 1,496,771
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 41 min Princess Hey 19,486
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Well Well 63,270
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 3 hr Murph 73,759
Trump to "little people" supporters: Don't get too 7 hr curt 2
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 11 hr Murphey_Law 512,915
www.toilettrolls.com 11 hr www.toilettrolls.com 1

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages