Call for arrest of watch captain who ...

Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid

There are 29778 comments on the New York Daily News story from Mar 19, 2012, titled Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid. In it, New York Daily News reports that:

ORLANDO, Fla. -- College students around Florida rallied Monday to demand the arrest of a white neighborhood watch captain who shot an unarmed black teen last month, though authorities may be hamstrung by a state law that allows people to defend themselves with deadly force.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Daily News.

“Come and get it! ”

Level 3

Since: Jan 09

Traverse City

#32601 Aug 1, 2013
zazz wrote:
He's got a real mental problem.
At least he's still breathing, unlike the thug...
kentuckywoman

Louisville, KY

#32602 Aug 1, 2013
Sneaky Pete wrote:
<quoted text>At least he's still breathing, unlike the thug...
Yes, he's breathing -- heavily, from all that FAT.

“Come and get it! ”

Level 3

Since: Jan 09

Traverse City

#32603 Aug 1, 2013
kentuckywoman wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha! I love listening to your side's sour grapes from losing the trial. "He's a fat guy", ha-ha!! Is that the best you've got? Suck it up losers. Justice won and liberal racism lost.

Level 7

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#32604 Aug 1, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
He claims everyone recognizes him and he's not safe. Then he ruins across someone who doesn't recognize his fat face he tells him who he is.{Probably pulled it up on his phone for the cop to read.
He'll be back in court before too long. He's got a real mental problem.
Like last week's story that he "happened upon a rollover crash in Sanford and was being touted as a hero", this week's "traffic stop in Texas story" is full of holes, too.

No cop would pull someone over "on a suspicion" they were speeding....how does that even make sense? Either he was (speeding), or he wasn't (speeding). There's no grey area here.

Then, we have a cop who tells him "not to play with his gun" while he goes back to his patrol car to check for any outstanding warrants. That would never happen in the real world.

Then we have the usual attorney statement that "he wasn't aware of this incident" but similar to the roll-over story of last week, "he doesn't have any reason to believe it's not true".

The we have the usual comment from brother Zimmerman, that "speculation as to any family members' whereabouts - either by the press, or by individuals - is irresponsible and counterproductive." (oh, sure...pardon me while I laugh).

Then, just as in last week's flop of a story about the people "saved" by Zimmerman in the "gentle roll-over" who cancelled a press conference, we now have "the city manager repeatedly declined to identify the officer involved in the traffic stop."

What's it going to be next week? "Zimmerman solves mystery of Dealy Plaza and the grassy knoll"?

Whoever is in charge of his "rehabilitation PR campaign" is doing a lousy job.

And just when I thought it was "safe" to go shopping in Sanford again..........just sayin').
hey marce

Chula Vista, CA

#32605 Aug 1, 2013
RuffnReddy wrote:
<quoted text>Sandwiches? I thought he was discussing spelling.
No, that was Rumbler.
hey marce

Chula Vista, CA

#32606 Aug 1, 2013
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
Like last week's story that he "happened upon a rollover crash in Sanford and was being touted as a hero", this week's "traffic stop in Texas story" is full of holes, too.
No cop would pull someone over "on a suspicion" they were speeding....how does that even make sense? Either he was (speeding), or he wasn't (speeding). There's no grey area here.
Then, we have a cop who tells him "not to play with his gun" while he goes back to his patrol car to check for any outstanding warrants. That would never happen in the real world.
Then we have the usual attorney statement that "he wasn't aware of this incident" but similar to the roll-over story of last week, "he doesn't have any reason to believe it's not true".
The we have the usual comment from brother Zimmerman, that "speculation as to any family members' whereabouts - either by the press, or by individuals - is irresponsible and counterproductive." (oh, sure...pardon me while I laugh).
Then, just as in last week's flop of a story about the people "saved" by Zimmerman in the "gentle roll-over" who cancelled a press conference, we now have "the city manager repeatedly declined to identify the officer involved in the traffic stop."
What's it going to be next week? "Zimmerman solves mystery of Dealy Plaza and the grassy knoll"?
And just when I thought it was "safe" to go shopping in Sanford again..........just sayin').
How would you know what Texas cops do when they make a stop?
Wintergirl

Spring, TX

#32607 Aug 1, 2013
kentuckywoman wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess he is too stupid to know about the demographics around Dallas. He's going to learn today. lol
kentuckywoman

Louisville, KY

#32608 Aug 1, 2013
Sneaky Pete wrote:
<quoted text>Ha! I love listening to your side's sour grapes from losing the trial. "He's a fat guy", ha-ha!! Is that the best you've got? Suck it up losers. Justice won and liberal racism lost.
I didn't "lose" anything. And, yes, he IS FAT.

"liberal racism"?! Get a grip.

“always”

Level 5

Since: May 12

Ticklaw

#32609 Aug 1, 2013
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
Texas is not Florida, Texas has mandatory roadside inspections and other means for highway stops that begin with (suspicion of."

I've been through the I-10 stops in El Paso and Beaumont and they don't want to hear about your stupid azz civil liberties as the drug dog is sniffing your crotch. And if it late at night the troopers shine gigantic MagLites in your eyes while asking various stupid questions such as where ya goin.

It's my belief that George and Shellie drove out there for a big money TV interview, one that Mark O'Mara did not negotiate for them. My guess is Dr. Phil who has already interviewed George's BFF the air marshal.

George was likely out sightseeing while Shellie was in some high buck spa or out shopping for TV clothes with a producer, just like George Anthony did when he was in Texas for an interview.
Wintergirl

Spring, TX

#32610 Aug 1, 2013
Gee, how would I know what Texas LE/cops do when they make a traffic stop.
Think, think, think.
Voice of Reality

Petersburg, VA

#32611 Aug 1, 2013
kentuckywoman wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps that is the real reason Trayvon Martin is NOT breathing, not from the shot but from the two tons of fat from his girlfriend.

I am sure that he never wanted her on top.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#32612 Aug 1, 2013
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
I think GZ deserves a cruise......perhaps he was lying when he told the officer he didn't know where he was headed and he was on his way to Galveston to take a Cancun cruise on the recently refurbished Carnival Triumph!
Voice of Reality

Petersburg, VA

#32613 Aug 1, 2013
That Martin kid did have a thing going for fat people, perhaps he mistook Zimmerman for his porker girlfriend.
kentuckywoman

Louisville, KY

#32614 Aug 1, 2013
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
"Whoever is in charge of his "rehabilitation PR campaign" is doing a lousy job."

I agree.

Where was all this laser-like observation during.....nevermind.
Wintergirl

Spring, TX

#32617 Aug 1, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
I think GZ deserves a cruise......perhaps he was lying when he told the officer he didn't know where he was headed and he was on his way to Galveston to take a Cancun cruise on the recently refurbished Carnival Triumph!
Forney, Tx is close to Dallas/The Metroplex, not Galveston, Tx...but you wouldn't know that because you are from Red Deer. On a cruise, G-Dogg would foul all the toilets and eat all the food intended for everyone. Then he would go to look on one side and cause the whole ship to capsize.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#32618 Aug 1, 2013
Wintergirl wrote:
<quoted text>
Is his wife or soon to be ex-wife still in Florida?
It's obvious he has mental health issues. It won't be long.
Are you kidding? After George's acquittal he gave his wife the cold shoulder, didn't even acknowledge her. and instead he flashes a take-me-I'm-yours-baby smile at that legal assistant what's-her-name!

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/07/16/art...

A future episide will certainly be George Zimmerman Goes to Divorce Court.

The writing's on the wall!

Maybe it's the home-wrecking floozy who he was meeting up with to go on that Cancun cruise?
Voice of Reality

Petersburg, VA

#32619 Aug 1, 2013
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, Ms. NDisgrase, again, you are wrong. The police officer made a traffic stop and decided to issue a warning rather than a traffic ticket this is something that is done hundreds of times a day. Zimmerman informed the police officer that he had a legal concealed gun which is a smart thing to do. I, also, have a CCW and have told several police officers about my gun when interacting with them. The average police officer would rather know of the presence of a gun than have to spot it by himself.

As far as you not shopping in Sanford, I am sure that they can get along very well without your stamps.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#32620 Aug 1, 2013
Wintergirl wrote:
Gee, how would I know what Texas LE/cops do when they make a traffic stop.
Think, think, think.
You're having a bad day?

The remark was make to ngracie.

Your plates are beginning to crash.

Level 7

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#32621 Aug 1, 2013
hey marce wrote:
<quoted text>
How would you know what Texas cops do when they make a stop?
I don't know about Texas cops, but I do know that no cop anywhere would leave a 'suspect'(GA's favorite word) in a car with a weapon while he (the cop) went back to his patrol car to check out possible warrants, even if the 'suspect' showed him a current concealed weapons permit.

Safety (the cop's), first.

And that little comment made by the cop, which can be clearly heard in the dash-cam video..."What a coincidence"....makes no sense unless the unrelated person driving the car only shared the same name as the real George Zimmerman, acquitted child killer, from Sanford, Fl.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#32622 Aug 1, 2013
RuffnReddy wrote:
<quoted text>The cop didn't give a crap, he just wanted a peek inside the truck with Florida tags. Suspicion of speeding? LMAO
Texas troopers are always on the look out for illegals and drugs. The cop finally ID'd George as a white male.
I doubt that George is traveling alone although it was reported that he was alone when pulled over. He's out there for a reason and he's driving because it's far safer than going through an airport.
And by God if a Texas State Trooper says you're white...you're white!
LOL. Ain't it the truth.

He can't fly, they won't let him carry on a plane. Black passengers would not be safe.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 33 min zazz 98,076
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr Yeah 1,394,707
News Obama: Notion that being armed would have saved... 3 hr WasteWater 897
News 50 dead in Florida nightclub shooting, worst in... 4 hr OK Barry 1,253
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 hr IB DaMann 60,025
Casey Anthony is still a MILF 6 hr one love 6
Anyone looking for a Pediatrician for your chil... 6 hr heartless mofo 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages