Call for arrest of watch captain who ...

Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid

There are 29880 comments on the New York Daily News story from Mar 19, 2012, titled Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid. In it, New York Daily News reports that:

ORLANDO, Fla. -- College students around Florida rallied Monday to demand the arrest of a white neighborhood watch captain who shot an unarmed black teen last month, though authorities may be hamstrung by a state law that allows people to defend themselves with deadly force.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Daily News.

“always”

Level 5

Since: May 12

Ticklaw

#32440 Jul 31, 2013
tired of silly wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, they should have to get close enough to get killed, just like people should have to be beaten unconscious before they can defend themselves.
It happened in Florida and with the sunshine laws the details will emerge quickly. Middleton is going home from the hospital today, the family has already been contacted by a plethora of attorney's.

If you really give a fk, follow along at www.pnj.com
Brad

Manchester, CT

#32441 Jul 31, 2013
RuffnReddy wrote:
<quoted text>The sheriff's department has acknowledged that the responding deputies, one of them a sergeant, fired at least 15 rounds.
There are a few missing ingredients to the story such as who called police, how the two arrived so quickly without Middleton noticing them and how far the deputies were from Middleton when they opened fire. Either they're really lousy marksmen or were shooting from afar.
I'll reserve my judgement,just like I did in the Zimmerman trial,until all the facts are out and a ruling is final.
I simply do not trust the MSM to anything but advance their own selfish narrative.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#32442 Jul 31, 2013
ATF investigates Tavares gas plant explosions

The investigation into the cause of the Blue Rhino explosion is underway Wednesday.

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms agents spoke for the first time about the effort to find the cause of the giant blaze that engulfed and ignited 10s of thousands of propane tanks, just before midnight on Monday.

"They're looking at records, they're looking at any video surveillance, anything that helps them get a closer look at what took place on a particular incident," said ATF special agent Kevin Richardson. The team for ATF is assisting the State Fire Marshal's Office, and includes two investigators that also probed a fertilizer explosion that devastated the town of west Texas in April.

Agents said they have already narrowed their focus to a specific area of the Tavares plant.

"I believe, through the interviews, they do have a focus point to go to," said Richardson.

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/atf-inves...

Hmmmmm........

“always”

Level 5

Ticklaw

#32443 Jul 31, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
Then get to work! Your company does not pay your wages as an Important Department Head of Boring People to blab on the Internet all day!
The man you mention who was a hit and run victim with serious burns on his legs. He was found on the side of the road, he was taken by a police officer to the hospital in his car. Look for the video of that interview if you're interested.
And yes, you're the sort of person who accepts 'dangers' as long as you're safe from it.....I don't get the impression you care much about anything except yourself.
Stay on topic will you? A forklift operator may have sparked the blaze that led to the explosions at the Blue Rhino depot. The badly burned operator was pulled out of the fire and driven to nearby Waterman Hospital prior to the fire department or deputies arrival on the scene.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#32444 Jul 31, 2013
Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
Like skittles and ice tea,you never hear about the robitussin.
Trusting the liberal media to paint a clear picture is your 1st problem.
I not trusting the media to paint a clear picture.

But some of the quotes in the story are indeed suggestive......another god's plan!

Escambia County Sheriff David Morgan said........"As much as we are trained and as much as officers - which have Type A personalities - like to say we are in control, we are not."

"They could have hit his upper body, but they didn't ....God just shielded him. I know he did, cause they was trying to kill him," Ceola Walker said,

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#32445 Jul 31, 2013
Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll reserve my judgement,just like I did in the Zimmerman trial,until all the facts are out and a ruling is final.
I simply do not trust the MSM to anything but advance their own selfish narrative.
Seem's to possibly be room for one more news network...One that reports, solely on the facts provided and also might serve as a clearing house for all other agenda issues, throughout MSM.....kinda like Talk Soup?.....

Level 3

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#32446 Jul 31, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
You ever heard of the name "Mark Fuhrman"?
If not, google it.
I do not live in an igloo someplace in Canada , Of course I have . Even with Fuhrman's testimony there was more than enough to convict . All black jury didn't want to convict on of their own
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#32447 Jul 31, 2013
tired of silly wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting since I don't work in a place with cubicles. Real offices with doors, just like the grown-ups.
You really must get away from that pig farm more often and take a look at the world around you!

Stuffy walled offices have been a thing of the past for quite some time.

Now even the cubicles are going by the wayside......

BUSINESS Updated April 2, 2013, 8:08 p.m. ET
Say Goodbye to the Office Cubicle
Walls Come Down as Many Companies Switch to Layouts Designed to Foster Collaboration
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142412788...

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#32448 Jul 31, 2013
SC Redneck_2 wrote:
<quoted text> She drafted the indictment, therefore , has limited immunity from prosecution.
Ask yourself; Why didn't she put the case before a grand jury ?
Simply because a grand jury would indict with no evidence .
Accept the verdict and move on as you stated you would 19 months ago.
I don't have to ask myself why, I know. It was not a capital case and therefore didn't go before a grand jury.

This wasn't about the verdict, it was about some idiot claiming she should be prosecuted.

If you don't know what you are replying to, don't bother posting to me again.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#32449 Jul 31, 2013
RuffnReddy wrote:
<quoted text>Stay on topic will you? A forklift operator may have sparked the blaze that led to the explosions at the Blue Rhino depot. The badly burned operator was pulled out of the fire and driven to nearby Waterman Hospital prior to the fire department or deputies arrival on the scene.
I notice there are contradictory stories in the media regarding the various victims.....what else is new.

“always”

Level 5

Ticklaw

#32450 Jul 31, 2013
Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
Does that mean that you put your trust in media outlets such as The Blaze, Conservative Treehouse, Inquistr, PJ Media etc etc etc?

BTW the Sanford Police PIO reported that Trayvon was carrying Arizona Tea. Weeks went by before the evidence photo of the can was released and it was identified as watermelon fruit juice cocktail. It was a big story, many of the links were to early stories. No big deal, neither tea or fruit juice are ideal for "lean" which is typically made with Sprite.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#32451 Jul 31, 2013
SC Redneck_2 wrote:
<quoted text> I do not live in an igloo someplace in Canada , Of course I have . Even with Fuhrman's testimony there was more than enough to convict . All black jury didn't want to convict on of their own
The jury was not "all black". There were 2 beiges, 1tan and 9 brown iirc.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#32453 Jul 31, 2013
Gas plant explosion: Injured worker hires Morgan & Morgan attorney
By Stephen Hudak and Ludmilla Lelis, Orlando Sentinel
10:47 am, July 31, 2013

Bobby Hutsenpiller was a brand new employee at the Blue Rhino propane depot Monday when the facility erupted in flames and explosions.

"It felt like a ton of bombs exploding all at once," he said. "I just ran for my life."

Hutsenpiller, 23, of Tavares, accompanied by attorney Matt Morgan, met with reporters at the plant Wednesday and described the intense heat and fear he felt.

"Thousands of pounds of propane out there and I just had to get away from there," he said. The explosions began before he was through with his first shift at the plant.

He was one of eight workers injured late Monday when a fireball erupted in the back lot, sparking explosions and fires fueled by thousands of used propane tanks. The facility, located on County Road 448 in a rural Tavares industrial park, shot flames into the air that were visible from miles away.

Hutsenpiller said he was excited to start work at the plant because it was a large company which offered good benefits and steady pay for his family, which includes a pregnant fiancee and two young children.

Monday was his first day on the job. He said he had minimal training before he started his shift at 5 p.m.

He moved empty tanks from pallets to a conveyor belt to be refilled with propane, he said.

He was working near a Dumpster, assisting with cleanup and closing out the shift, when the initial blast hit about 100 yards away, forcing him backward. He fell, injuring his wrist attempting to brace his fall.

He said he had no training on fire safety or the location of emergency exits.

Five of the workers injured Monday remain in critical condition at Florida hospitals, including three workers at Orlando Regional Medical Center.

Investigators from the state Fire Marshal's Office and the federal bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives were hoping to begin their probe at the site today.

Blue Rhino often relies on staffing agencies like Customer Driven Staffing, which provided at least eight of the employees working Monday night at the plant.

http://touch.orlandosentinel.com/#section/-1/...

It's not hard on tell where this is already headed.......
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#32454 Jul 31, 2013
Department of Justice -

ATF
Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives

http://www.atf.gov/

Explosives Industry

Receive Explosives Industry News Updates
Explosives industry members play an integral role in maintaining and improving our quality of life in the United States and work to bring countless benefits to our everyday lives in areas such as mining, oil and gas exploration; demolition; avalanche control; and the use of explosives in special industrial tools, fire extinguishers, air bag inflators, fireworks; and special effects in the entertainment industry. However, because of the potential misuse of explosive materials, ATF’s role plays a vital role in regulating and educating the explosives industry and in protecting the public from inadequate storage and security.

Does the ATF investigation qualify as "the feds"?

“always”

Level 5

Ticklaw

#32455 Jul 31, 2013
SC Redneck_2 wrote:
<quoted text> I do not live in an igloo someplace in Canada , Of course I have . Even with Fuhrman's testimony there was more than enough to convict . All black jury didn't want to convict on of their own
It was a mostly black but not all black jury and you can bet your sweet azz that they picked up on that the police officer's were lying out their azzes particularly Det. Vannatter.

District attorney Gil Garcetti lost the case by moving it out of jurisdiction to downtown and not assigning his best prosecutors to the case. Garcetti's son was just elected Mayor of Los Angeles.

“BIOMOM”

Level 4

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#32456 Jul 31, 2013
tired of silly wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting since I don't work in a place with cubicles. Real offices with doors, just like the grown-ups.
Makes it more convenient for you to steal from your "employer" huh?
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#32457 Jul 31, 2013
"The plant’s two-dozen workers were preparing to go home when the explosions started, said Williams, who works the third shift."......
http://miami.cbslocal.com/2013/07/31/human-er...

The story is shifting.....from two to three shifts.

“always”

Level 5

Ticklaw

#32458 Jul 31, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
I notice there are contradictory stories in the media regarding the various victims.....what else is new.
It's called developing news lol.

Level 3

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#32459 Jul 31, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
"But Middleton's family doesn't believe that story. His mother, Ceola Walker, 77, told CNN that her son was holding his car keys with a small flashlight on the key chain. She does not believe he lunged at deputies."
http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/31/us/florida-poli...
Car keys and a flashlight is a deadly weapon?
How can you possible blame the cops when racial tensions as bad as they are in Florida.

when a cop gives you a command follow it , I am sure they told him to place both hands in plain sight , and exit the vehicle again with both hands in plain view. It really doesn't matter what he had in his hand he failed to follow instructions , lunged out of the vehicle and was fired upon Luckily of r him the 2 cops were really lousy shots or had too much adrenalin pumping too shoot straight. By rights this dude should be as dead as dead Trayvon . for failing to follow instructions.

Here we have a simple minded negro that is too stupid to follow simple commands. Cops do not shoot anyone for sport . I have known guys that have gone their entire careers without ever firing their weapon outside of qualifying at the range,

OT: but I read that some cops up in Toronto shot some ali babba for failure to follow commands on a train or whatever it was. Canada has these incidents too just not as many YET .
Since you Canucks have let ever douchbag into your country from all over the world it will not be long until the OPP, RCMP or both will be carrying automatic weapons trying to defend Canada from the onslaught of Muslims and other ragheads selling drugs and underage girls. throw in a few black gangs that have been migrating up there for a while. You too van have a shooting gallery for a country.
The main difference is that Canucks do not have the civilian firepower to repel this vermin

Have a good day and say Hi to the Queen if you see her, OK
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#32460 Jul 31, 2013
RuffnReddy wrote:
<quoted text>It's called developing news lol.
Yes, cooked up by a spinny producer. LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min sonicfilter 1,264,819
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 20 min AN is me 501,559
The alphabet (Jun '06) 22 min Doobie Time 1,401
Change one letter game (Sep '11) 24 min Doobie Time 2,820
New Game ***Last Word + 2 (Oct '11) 25 min Doobie Time 12,204
3 word game (Jan '11) 30 min Doobie Time 13,623
Double Fun Word Game (Mar '11) 36 min Doobie Time 12,728
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages