Call for arrest of watch captain who ...

Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid

There are 29778 comments on the New York Daily News story from Mar 19, 2012, titled Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid. In it, New York Daily News reports that:

ORLANDO, Fla. -- College students around Florida rallied Monday to demand the arrest of a white neighborhood watch captain who shot an unarmed black teen last month, though authorities may be hamstrung by a state law that allows people to defend themselves with deadly force.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Daily News.

hey marce

Chula Vista, CA

#32381 Jul 30, 2013
Rambler wrote:
Since the Tavares explosion is the OT of the day, I'm asking my question on this thread as well.
"The Blue Rhino plant, which is northwest of Orlando, refilled propane tanks typically used gas grills and other home uses. There were some 53,000 20-pound canisters at the plant on Monday."
Read more: http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/news/state/s...
Will someone kindly explain for what purpose these 53,000 BBQ propane canisters were prefilled?
Maybe things are done differently than in Florida, but here a consumer would buy an empty canister and get it filled at a gas station by a certified and licenced technician who has access to the propane pump. Never, ever would propane canisters be sold to the public already filled up.
So why were 53,000 BBQ propane canisters, described as mini A-bombs, be sitting around at this plant, or is that the answer?
Go to any drugstore, Wal-Mart, or K-mart, & you'll find FILLED propane tanks for sale.

Incidentally, you have absolutely no idea what the federal government can or can't do. You seem to think the feds show up at every fire, explosion, incident or crime to investigate. Guess what, they don't.

Tired of Silly
Level 7

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#32382 Jul 30, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have a problem with following one train of thought for more than 10 minutes?
The math does not add up -- this was my original post. If the plant only runs two shifts and the plant is manned 24/7, then employees work 84 hours a week. That half or more employees were at this plant late at night when the explosion occurred is odd in itself.
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the Leesburg Daily Commercial, the plant was built in 2004 and EMPLOYS FEWER THAN 50 PEOPLE.
http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story...
ABOUT 24 WORKERS were in the main building on County Road 448 when the first explosion erupted in another area shortly before 11 p.m., said Sheriff's Office Lt. John Herrell.
The plant runs in TWO shifts, and workers on the second shift were on when the blaze ignited. Some of the employees were hired through a staffing agency, which declined to comment.
An assistant plant manager near the scene Tuesday morning declined to talk to reporters about the blast and referred comments to corporate officials.
Keith said officials, "spent a good part of our night actually searching for employees."
http://touch.orlandosentinel.com/#section/-1/...
Sigh. I know you won't comprehend this, but I'll try. This is a plant where they fill propane tanks of the type used for home BBQ grills (they may also fill larger ones, but most retailers locally have the Blue Rhino label on all their pre-filled tanks). They most likely (and no, I don't KNOW this, I have nothing to do with a propane plant) run five days/week. Apparently they have a night shift. It may only last til 11 or 12 o'clock, again I don't know. The explosion occurred at around 10 or 10:30 pm. If it runs 2-8 hr shifts (8a-4p or 7a-3p, and 3p-11p or 4p 12M), that would be about 25 people per shift, 50 total, each working a standard 40 hr work week. I may have confused you with the possibility of 12 hr shifts.......since my business covers 24/7, I am used to 12 hr shift. But it makes way more sense that they run 2-8 hour shifts. Now can we move on from this irrelevant drivel, or has your diseased brain concocted some major conspiracy ?????

Tired of Silly
Level 7

Location hidden

#32383 Jul 30, 2013
Rambler wrote:
Since the Tavares explosion is the OT of the day, I'm asking my question on this thread as well.
"The Blue Rhino plant, which is northwest of Orlando, refilled propane tanks typically used gas grills and other home uses. There were some 53,000 20-pound canisters at the plant on Monday."
Read more: http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/news/state/s...
Will someone kindly explain for what purpose these 53,000 BBQ propane canisters were prefilled?
Maybe things are done differently than in Florida, but here a consumer would buy an empty canister and get it filled at a gas station by a certified and licenced technician who has access to the propane pump. Never, ever would propane canisters be sold to the public already filled up.
So why were 53,000 BBQ propane canisters, described as mini A-bombs, be sitting around at this plant, or is that the answer?
Another CLUE. Tavares, FL is not in CANADA. Apparently y'all are little weenies, scared of a propane tank for the grill. Most people here take their empty tank to a retailer, trade it for a filled one, and the empty goes..........guess where???.......to the Blue Rhino plant for refilling.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#32384 Jul 30, 2013
hey marce wrote:
<quoted text>
Go to any drugstore, Wal-Mart, or K-mart, & you'll find FILLED propane tanks for sale.
Incidentally, you have absolutely no idea what the federal government can or can't do. You seem to think the feds show up at every fire, explosion, incident or crime to investigate. Guess what, they don't.
Are you serious, filled propane canisters are sitting around in stores? Yikes, that's dangerous, as proven by this incident.

As for the "Feds" investigating, just because you can't google with your new computer......it's been talked about on the news all day......

"The federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration launched an investigation, as did the Florida State Fire MarshalÂ’s office."
http://globalnews.ca/news/749543/multiple-exp...
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#32385 Jul 30, 2013
Tired of Silly wrote:
<quoted text>
Another CLUE. Tavares, FL is not in CANADA. Apparently y'all are little weenies, scared of a propane tank for the grill. Most people here take their empty tank to a retailer, trade it for a filled one, and the empty goes..........guess where???.......to the Blue Rhino plant for refilling.
Well now there's 53,000 less surplus propane tanks to roast those weenies than there used to be.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#32386 Jul 30, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
You fool, I was speaking of ONE black person.
Perhaps one day you will learn reading comprehension. Any idea when that might be?
You have a habit of misconstruing what people are saying. Is this done on purpose or due to you being an idiot?
I certainly don't need the likes of you correcting me. Stick to your copy and pasting drivel.
You might recall you began with a reference to GZ and "black blood" and that's why I asked.

So now it's Black's blood your interested in?

Tired of Silly
Level 7

Location hidden

#32388 Jul 30, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
Well now there's 53,000 less surplus propane tanks to roast those weenies than there used to be.
Not to worry. According to local news they'll be up and running within a week or two. Glad to hear that, 50 jobs is a lot for that little town to lose.

Level 1

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#32389 Jul 30, 2013
Luau Lou wrote:
<quoted text> Again, where do you get these crazy versions of the truth? Who is your leader?
Zimmerman wasn't mandated to obey a 911 dispatcher. He had every right to protect himself because Trayvon attacked him first. Jury said so.
You act like Zimmerman chased Martin into a cornfield maze, hunted him for an hour and shot him in the forehead.
Maybe you should get a literary agent.
i dont have to listen to my boss either..but

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#32391 Jul 30, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
You might recall you began with a reference to GZ and "black blood" and that's why I asked.
So now it's Black's blood your interested in?
It was not in reference to Zimmerman. I said a person cannot be 10% black. Don't bother replying if you can't comprehend this. It makes my red blood tired to try to explain anything to you.

You know so little and think you know so much.

Level 8

Location hidden

#32392 Jul 30, 2013
Why don't you post in Canada or Great Britain? Or any other state. Why pick on Florida?

Tired of Silly
Level 7

Location hidden

#32393 Jul 30, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Go Charcoal or Go Home.....Taste the difference....Weber Rules....Made in America....
I actually prefer charcoal but it's so much more bother..........I caved and gave in to a gas grill years ago.......since I'm usually not the the one playing with the fire, I let the grill-chef decide.:)
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#32395 Jul 30, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
There is nothing to indicate anyone has ever worked an 84 hour week at this plant. You need to stop making false assumptions.
Yes, it makes perfect sense Monday night at 11pm is peak time and half or more of the total work force was required to be there, filling up BBQ tanks for customers lined up down the road.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#32396 Jul 30, 2013
zazz wrote:
Why don't you post in Canada or Great Britain? Or any other state. Why pick on Florida?
Because you're all so very entertaining and informative, it enhances my intellectual experience as well. Did I mention I've always had a soft spot for Americans - many Canadians speak poorly of you in case you didn't realize.....Canadians and Americans are somewhat culturally different, yet very much the same.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#32397 Jul 30, 2013
Tired of Silly wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to worry. According to local news they'll be up and running within a week or two. Glad to hear that, 50 jobs is a lot for that little town to lose.
53,000 filled BBQ propane tanks described as mini A-bombs is also a considersble stockpile in a little town.

Good thing those anticipated riots never occurred eh?

Boom Shak a Laka!
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#32398 Jul 30, 2013
WESH aerial video --
http://m.wesh.com/news/what-caused-blue-rhino...

What a mess! How did such a large quantity of stored propane gas ever get approved at a site so close to a populated area?

Says the local fire chief - "They actually run a very safe operation."

Level 2

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#32399 Jul 30, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes indeed. And I'd expect you'd bring race into the conversation each and every day, assuming she's allowed to talk.
Allowed to talk? LOL. I am her most obedient servant and she bosses me around
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#32400 Jul 30, 2013
Blue Rhino gas explosion draws Lake County together

"......... at the plant, which is within a quarter-mile of a middle school and the ever-busy Dollar General........."

So not only are propane canisters sold at drugstores, but propane plants with large storage tanks can be situated 400 yards away from public places, including schools.

And some of you here think the plant's going to reopen within days, after what just happened, a little mishap, a employee mistake that had the potential to take out an entire town. Unbeleivable.

Level 8

Location hidden

#32401 Jul 30, 2013
Rambler wrote:
"......... at the plant, which is within a quarter-mile of a middle school and the ever-busy Dollar General........."
So not only are propane canisters sold at drugstores, but propane plants with large storage tanks can be situated 400 yards away from public places, including schools.
And some of you here think the plant's going to reopen within days, after what just happened, a little mishap, a employee mistake that had the potential to take out an entire town. Unbeleivable.
Yap yap yap. Why are you harping about it here? Do you think any of us makes the rules?

"Unbeleivable." Unbelievable. Maybe you will learn how to spell next week in school.
hey marce

Chula Vista, CA

#32402 Jul 30, 2013
Rambler wrote:
You'd mentioned OSHA earlier as the feds stepping in. ANY industrial accident is routinely investigated by OSHA. There will be no other 'federal investigation.'

Yes, you truly are unbeleivable.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#32403 Jul 30, 2013
And yet another Heath Care scandal, hey Riverside Ca, your turn!

Teens claim they were used as fake rehab clients

By Will Evans and Christina Jewett, Special to CNN
updated 9:16 PM EDT, Tue July 30, 2013

Editor's note: To uncover this story on widespread fraud linked to California's drug rehab program, CNN's Special Investigations Unit has teamed up with the independent, nonprofit Center for Investigative Reporting. Join CNN's Anderson Cooper on AC360 for more on this yearlong investigation Tuesday and Wednesday at 8 and 10 p.m. ET on CNN.

Long -
http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/30/health/rehab-ra...

Wow, this is great investigative reporting by CNN. A different direction under a new head of CNN I wonder......back to the days when reporters didn't wait for events to land in their lap? It will be very interesting to see what happens next - and if So Cal politicians and bureaucrats been turning a blind eye......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 52 min Into The Night 59,459
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 52 min John Galt 1,382,535
News Suspect Had Quit Rehab (Mar '08) 3 hr Ken Burke 135
Has Casey Anthony Had Sex with Jose Baez (Jun '11) 5 hr bigjohnson321 159
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 8 hr zazz 98,043
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 8 hr Milee 73,636
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 11 hr Murphey_Law 513,233
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages