Call for arrest of watch captain who ...

Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid

There are 29778 comments on the New York Daily News story from Mar 19, 2012, titled Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid. In it, New York Daily News reports that:

ORLANDO, Fla. -- College students around Florida rallied Monday to demand the arrest of a white neighborhood watch captain who shot an unarmed black teen last month, though authorities may be hamstrung by a state law that allows people to defend themselves with deadly force.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Daily News.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#32356 Jul 30, 2013
SC Redneck_2 wrote:
<quoted text> Caved under political pressure. No way should Zimmerman have been charged with 2nd degree Remember when you stated that you would accept the verdict ?
They didn't cave in to anything.

My point was, Corey can't be sued for prosecuting Zimmerman.

I do accept the verdict, I just don't agree with it.

I also accepted the Casey Anthony verdict, with which I do not agree.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#32357 Jul 30, 2013
"According to the Leesburg Daily Commercial, the plant was built in 2004 and employs fewer than 50 people.
http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story...

About 24 workers were in the main building on County Road 448 when the first explosion erupted in another area shortly before 11 p.m., said Sheriff's Office Lt. John Herrell.

The plant runs in two shifts, and workers on the second shift were on when the blaze ignited. Some of the employees were hired through a staffing agency, which declined to comment.

An assistant plant manager near the scene Tuesday morning declined to talk to reporters about the blast and referred comments to corporate officials.

Keith said officials, "spent a good part of our night actually searching for employees."
http://touch.orlandosentinel.com/#section/-1/...

The plant employs fewer than 50 people and 24 or more just happen to be working at 11pm on an ordinary Sunday night? Only two shifts, how many hours a week do these employees work? With that much explosive propane on site, the plant would certainly be manned 24/7.

Level 8

Location hidden

#32358 Jul 30, 2013
californio wrote:
<quoted text> I did not make up the One drop rule or the 1/16 rule.. Im just pointing out BY LAW Zimmerman could declare himself black if he wanted to..
And as for your Klan Jab. the Klan hate people like me more then blacks since I am a race traitor married to a non white woman for over twenty years.
You know nothing about the law.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#32360 Jul 30, 2013
tired of silly wrote:
<quoted text>
There was no real explosion. It's a reality show. Reverend Grund and Jesse were there posing as firefighters.
"I'd hate to be the guy who mows the lawn for the next 30 years – he's going to be finding stuff forever," Croughwell quipped.

Good Pentecostal Revs with asthma who float on an inflatable air bed in their swiming pool while the wife, who also works two jobs, mows the lawn won't have any concerns,
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#32361 Jul 30, 2013
tired of silly wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a CLUE, Rambler. Today is TUESDAY. The explosion happened at around 10 pm last night, which was MONDAY, a normal workday for those of us who don't live off the taxpayer's largesse. Most likely they work 12 hour shifts as do many people. I realize that the whole working world is a mystery to folks like you who are too impaired to be useful in the world. Tavares is a very small town. Fifty jobs lost until they can get back up and running is significant to them.
You're right - this occurred last night Monday. You saying these employees worked 84 hours per week? Won't the federal investigators be interested in that!

It was reading these comments that led me astray to Sunday --

"The fact that those things didn't explode, that's the reason I go to church on Sunday," said Eric Wages, the battalion chief for the Tavares Fire station closest to the Blue Rhino plant.

One of those massive tanks had a black smudge, a sign it was hit by a flying 20-pound tank.

"They're ... mini A-bombs," Lake County Fire & Rescue Battalion Chief Chris Croughwell said of the bulk tanks.

He feared a "BLEVE," a boiling liquid, expanding-vapor explosion.

"That's what happens in a vessel like that," he said, explaining why fire officials decided to widen the disaster perimeter (the initial isolation zone) from a half-mile to a mile.

"When you're fighting a fire like this, you want to hear that whistle – a sign that the pressure is escaping, that means the built-up pressure is leaving the tank. When they shut up, that's bad," he said.

More -

Level 8

Location hidden

#32363 Jul 30, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
What's "black blood"?
black's blood.

Level 8

Location hidden

#32364 Jul 30, 2013
Another day in Florida.

Two Escambia County sheriff deputies have been placed on paid administrative leave after they opened fire early Sunday morning and shot an unarmed black man in his own driveway.

Roy Middleton, 60, had gone to find cigarettes in his mother’s white Lincoln Town Car, which was parked in the driveway of the man’s home in a quiet neighborhood in the town of Warrington.

A neighbor, who apparently didn’t recognize Middleton, called 911 to report a possible robbery, and police arrived at the scene at approximately 2:40 a.m.
Their guns drawn, deputies Jeremiah Meeks and Matthew White told Middleton to put his hands where the officers could see them.

Middleton told the Pensacola News Journal that he initially believed that the voices were from a neighbor who was playing a joke on him. When he got out of the car, however, the deputies began shooting.
spike

Willard, OH

#32365 Jul 30, 2013
zazz wrote:
Another day in Florida.
Two Escambia County sheriff deputies have been placed on paid administrative leave after they opened fire early Sunday morning and shot an unarmed black man in his own driveway.
Roy Middleton, 60, had gone to find cigarettes in his mother’s white Lincoln Town Car, which was parked in the driveway of the man’s home in a quiet neighborhood in the town of Warrington.
A neighbor, who apparently didn’t recognize Middleton, called 911 to report a possible robbery, and police arrived at the scene at approximately 2:40 a.m.
Their guns drawn, deputies Jeremiah Meeks and Matthew White told Middleton to put his hands where the officers could see them.
Middleton told the Pensacola News Journal that he initially believed that the voices were from a neighbor who was playing a joke on him. When he got out of the car, however, the deputies began shooting.
Yawn,,,,,you have to break a few eggs to make an Omelet
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#32366 Jul 30, 2013
tired of silly wrote:
<quoted text>
What a retard you are, Rambler. Of course they don't work 84 hrs/week unless they're getting overtime. Many organizations use 12 hour shift and FT people typically work 3-12's and a 4, or in some companies, just 36 hrs/week. I guess the working world really IS a mystery to you, huh? I hope you really live in Canada, it is obvious that you've NEVER had gainful employment.
Do you have a problem with following one train of thought for more than 10 minutes?

The math does not add up -- this was my original post. If the plant only runs two shifts and the plant is manned 24/7, then employees work 84 hours a week. That half or more employees were at this plant late at night when the explosion occurred is odd in itself.

Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the Leesburg Daily Commercial, the plant was built in 2004 and EMPLOYS FEWER THAN 50 PEOPLE.

ABOUT 24 WORKERS were in the main building on County Road 448 when the first explosion erupted in another area shortly before 11 p.m., said Sheriff's Office Lt. John Herrell.

The plant runs in TWO shifts, and workers on the second shift were on when the blaze ignited. Some of the employees were hired through a staffing agency, which declined to comment.

An assistant plant manager near the scene Tuesday morning declined to talk to reporters about the blast and referred comments to corporate officials.

Keith said officials, "spent a good part of our night actually searching for employees."

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#32369 Jul 30, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
They didn't cave in to anything.
My point was, Corey can't be sued for prosecuting Zimmerman.
I do accept the verdict, I just don't agree with it.
I also accepted the Casey Anthony verdict, with which I do not agree.
Did you agree with the O.J. verdict?.....
Assassins Creed

Spring, TX

#32370 Jul 30, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean, ugly old hag, you have no way of knowing what we are "all over".
You're too dumb to even understand why the public outrage about the murder of Trayvon.
I'm hoping she eats "Cubans" two at a time, blows out her arteries, makes her BP shoot through the roof, and her blood sugar go off the charts all at one time. She makes assumptions about people's ages or situations in life. I see her as a transcriptionist, working from home, driving her 10-13 year old vehicle and all family members do not return her phone calls. LOL

Level 7

Location hidden

#32372 Jul 30, 2013
zazz wrote:
Another day in Florida.
Any source, or should we just trust you?

Level 1

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#32373 Jul 30, 2013
tired of silly wrote:
<quoted text>
What a retard you are, Rambler. Of course they don't work 84 hrs/week unless they're getting overtime. Many organizations use 12 hour shift and FT people typically work 3-12's and a 4, or in some companies, just 36 hrs/week. I guess the working world really IS a mystery to you, huh? I hope you really live in Canada, it is obvious that you've NEVER had gainful employment.
We don't think she has ever been let out of her room since childhood...It has been determined that she is now in her late 70's.

“always”

Level 5

Since: May 12

Ticklaw

#32374 Jul 30, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have a problem with following one train of thought for more than 10 minutes?
The math does not add up -- this was my original post. If the plant only runs two shifts and the plant is manned 24/7, then employees work 84 hours a week. That half or more employees were at this plant late at night when the explosion occurred is odd in itself.
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the Leesburg Daily Commercial, the plant was built in 2004 and EMPLOYS FEWER THAN 50 PEOPLE.
ABOUT 24 WORKERS were in the main building on County Road 448 when the first explosion erupted in another area shortly before 11 p.m., said Sheriff's Office Lt. John Herrell.
The plant runs in TWO shifts, and workers on the second shift were on when the blaze ignited. Some of the employees were hired through a staffing agency, which declined to comment.
The Blue Rhino plant in Tavares will resume limited production tomorrow and be back to full production by next week barring further calamity.

You can google 300 county road 448 tavares florida and find mapquest-zillow and other maps with satellite capabilities to view the place as it was prior to the blast.

The large storage tanks weren't involved and since there was video, fiery video and reporters tripping over one another the "story" eclipsed the "actual event."

That's not to make light of the five employees that were badly injured.

It's grilling and camping season, life goes on!

Level 7

Location hidden

#32375 Jul 30, 2013
Go Charcoal or Go Home.....Taste the difference....Weber Rules....Made in America....
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#32376 Jul 30, 2013
Since the Tavares explosion is the OT of the day, I'm asking my question on this thread as well.

"The Blue Rhino plant, which is northwest of Orlando, refilled propane tanks typically used gas grills and other home uses. There were some 53,000 20-pound canisters at the plant on Monday."

Read more: http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/news/state/s...

Will someone kindly explain for what purpose these 53,000 BBQ propane canisters were prefilled?

Maybe things are done differently than in Florida, but here a consumer would buy an empty canister and get it filled at a gas station by a certified and licenced technician who has access to the propane pump. Never, ever would propane canisters be sold to the public already filled up.

So why were 53,000 BBQ propane canisters, described as mini A-bombs, be sitting around at this plant, or is that the answer?
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#32377 Jul 30, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
black's blood.
Maybe next year in school you'll learn the difference between......

black's

and

blacks'

Can you guess what that might be?

Level 8

Location hidden

#32378 Jul 30, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
There is nothing to indicate anyone has ever worked an 84 hour week at this plant. You need to stop making false assumptions.

Level 7

Location hidden

#32379 Jul 30, 2013
Who say's they were all prefilled?.....

Level 8

Location hidden

#32380 Jul 30, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe next year in school you'll learn the difference between......
black's
and
blacks'
Can you guess what that might be?
You fool, I was speaking of ONE black person.

Perhaps one day you will learn reading comprehension. Any idea when that might be?

You have a habit of misconstruing what people are saying. Is this done on purpose or due to you being an idiot?

I certainly don't need the likes of you correcting me. Stick to your copy and pasting drivel.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Incognito4Ever 1,404,120
News Gay-bashing US pastor feeling the heat from SA 39 min alanh1249 10
Business owner slanders & threatens competitor 2 hr Ronnie 1
News Nassau County Court and Family Court judges (Nov '08) 5 hr Mother 80
News 50 dead in Florida nightclub shooting, worst in... 12 hr crucifiedguy 1,582
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 13 hr Princess Hey 19,099
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 13 hr dGo mnaDed lyoH r... 60,658

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages