Call for arrest of watch captain who ...

Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid

There are 29780 comments on the New York Daily News story from Mar 19, 2012, titled Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid. In it, New York Daily News reports that:

ORLANDO, Fla. -- College students around Florida rallied Monday to demand the arrest of a white neighborhood watch captain who shot an unarmed black teen last month, though authorities may be hamstrung by a state law that allows people to defend themselves with deadly force.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Daily News.

Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#32327 Jul 29, 2013
"How does Senator Paul define "white supremacist" if not as having ties to a white supremacist group?"

Read more: http://www.watoday.com.au/world/jack-hunter-a...

Numerous media reports tied to the topic of White Supremacist.

Does that surprise anyone, given the high emphasis on racism over the past few months? It's a natural outcome, given just the nature if the continual hateful rants toward African Americans very prevalent through the anonymous social media during the past few months.

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#32334 Jul 30, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet the racist haters love him because he stuck up for and lied for Zimmerman.
You'd sure be aware of how, "RACIST HATERS" think.....

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#32335 Jul 30, 2013
Tired of Silly wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah. Your nonsensical posts are a textbook example of what happens to a diseased brain when it goes untreated for a long period of time. Fixed delusions, bizarre thoughts, feelings of unreality in every day events. You're not even original, Rambler, you're just a garden variety schizophrenic. There is help available. You CAN live a normal life, but as long as you cling to your denial, you WILL be just a crazy bird.
Hope you are safe there, where your at...i thought you might be close to the propane plant in Tavares?.....

Level 3

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#32336 Jul 30, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
A sad state of affairs -- who is putting guns into the hands of these children?
"Among juveniles (minors under the age of 16, 17, or 18, depending on legal jurisdiction) serving in correctional facilities, 86% had owned a gun, with 66% acquiring their first gun by age 14.[2] There was also a tendency for juvenile offenders to have owned several firearms, with 65% owning three or more.[2] Juveniles most often acquired guns illegally from family, friends, drug dealers, and street contacts.[2] Inner-city youths cited "self-protection from enemies" as the top reason for carrying a gun.[2] In Rochester, New York, 22% of young males have carried a firearm illegally, most for only a short time.[107] There is little overlap between legal gun ownership and illegal gun carrying among youths.[107]"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_violence_in_...
The statistics you quote are for illegal carry in NY Drug gangs and scumbags. You cannot legally carry a handgun in NY if you are under 21.

Rochester. NY is a prime example of a black inner city crime in NY State .
Possessing/Carrying an unregistered handgun in NY is punishable by a 1 yr period of incarceration under the Sullivan act. Only 2 people have been charged under that act to best of my recollection. One was Bernard Goetz .

Laws are in place to combat illegal guns. Authorities do not charge minors accordingly
Lax, liberal charging and sentencing recommendations for juveniles will not stop the avalanche of weapons criminal gangs routinely carry

Level 3

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#32337 Jul 30, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
What about the three judges who ruled there was probable cause to charge Zimmerman with murder>
Caved under political pressure. No way should Zimmerman have been charged with 2nd degree Remember when you stated that you would accept the verdict ?
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#32338 Jul 30, 2013
SC Redneck_2 wrote:
<quoted text> The statistics you quote are for illegal carry in NY Drug gangs and scumbags. You cannot legally carry a handgun in NY if you are under 21.
Rochester. NY is a prime example of a black inner city crime in NY State .
Possessing/Carrying an unregistered handgun in NY is punishable by a 1 yr period of incarceration under the Sullivan act. Only 2 people have been charged under that act to best of my recollection. One was Bernard Goetz .
Laws are in place to combat illegal guns. Authorities do not charge minors accordingly
Lax, liberal charging and sentencing recommendations for juveniles will not stop the avalanche of weapons criminal gangs routinely carry
These stastics are shameful in a modern society regardless of what colour. IMO

Youth Homicide Rates by Race in the U.S.

The George Zimmerman trial has refocused the national dialogue on race relations in America. Last week, President Barack Obama weighed in, saying, "African American young men are disproportionately involved in the criminal justice system... they’re disproportionately both victims and perpetrators of violence." Is he correct?

Yes. A new study released by the CDC provides data on homicide rates among American youth (aged 10-24) by race/ethnicity.(See graph.)

Before analyzing this graph, it is worth noting that homicide disproportionately affects American youths. Murder is usually a top 3 leading cause of death in youths, but it is not in the top 10 for the American population as a whole. Specifically, the youth homicide rate in 2010 was 7.5 per 100,000, while the homicide rate for the entire population was 5.3 per 100,000.

There is also a huge disparity in the youth homicide rate (per 100,000) between races in 2010:

Blacks: 28.8
Hispanics: 7.9
Whites: 2.1

Thus, the homicide rate among black youths is nearly 400% higher than the overall youth homicide rate; the homicide rate among Hispanic youths is similar to the overall youth homicide rate; and the homicide rate among white youths is 72% lower than the overall youth homicide rate. Indeed, this indicates that homicide disproportionately affects black youths.

Additionally, in August 2012, the Wall Street Journal reported:

Homicide victims usually are killed by people of their own race and ethnicity. The pattern goes back at least a generation.

Bureau of Justice Statistics data show that from 1976 to 2005, white victims were killed by white defendants 86% of the time and black victims were killed by blacks 94% of the time.

So President Obama was completely correct in indicating that violent crime is a particular problem among black youths in America.

Source: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. "Homicide Rates Among Persons Aged 10–24 Years — United States, 1981–2010." MMWR 62 (27): 545-548.

Source: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. "WISQARS Fatal Injury Reports."

http://www.realclearscience.com/journal_club/...
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#32339 Jul 30, 2013
Tens of thousands try to illegally buy guns from dealers annually, study finds
By Bill Briggs
NBC News contributor

Attempted illegal gun purchases occur 30,000 to 40,000 times each year among U.S. firearms retailers, according to a first-of-its-kind survey of gun sellers published Monday.

Would-be patrons seek to sway sellers to keep transactions off the books or, more commonly, use stand-ins — often girlfriends or wives — to fill out required legal forms and undergo federal criminal background checks necessary to purchase firearms, according to the survey by the Violence Prevention Research Program at the University of California-Davis.

<snip>

Still, Molchan acknowledged that "straw-man buying for people is a problem. There are two big sources for criminal guns — No. 1 is theft from private homes and the other is straw-man purchases: they buy a gun for somebody who is a felon and they sell it to the other person for a mark up. It’s been a problem for a long time.”
For that reason, he said, members of the firearm dealers association all receive forms that they fill out during each sale — and ask the buyers to sign — attesting that the weapon is solely for that buyer and will not be re-sold in a secondary market to a felon or any other person who is restricted by state law from owning a gun. The forms have been in use for about 30 years.

“Our association is not against increased laws and increased penalties for people who are buying guns for people who are felons or shouldn’t have guns,” Molchan said.“We don’t have any objections to that."

http://investigations.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/...

As an outsider, it seems rather obvious the US lax gun control purchase and storage laws mainly benefit the criminal element. Then the radical element led by national gun organizations screech at any mentioning of tightening gun laws. One could wonder what they're are looking to protect. Because of liberal laws in the past, guns proliferate, people say they need guns to protect themselves.....it sounds like a case of which came first, the chicken or the egg? Lax laws, more guns in the hands of organized crime. How does that make America safer, especially when statistics show guns are a leading cause of death for young people?
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#32340 Jul 30, 2013
SC Redneck_2 wrote:
<quoted text> Caved under political pressure. No way should Zimmerman have been charged with 2nd degree Remember when you stated that you would accept the verdict ?
If you stand back and take a look at the case with a broad view, that a teenager in Florida can't go to a store to buy ice- tea and skittles on a rainy night without looking 'suspicious' makes a rather pathetic statement of the world today.

It fits right along with children not being safe outdoors anywhere outside unless in the presence of an adult in some sort of structured activity and therefore they occupy their spare sitting locked in their houses communicating with 100s or 1000s of Facebook 'friends' they've never met or playing virtual online war games.
PuffPuffPass

Waterloo, Canada

#32341 Jul 30, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, then I suppose I could be a pothead like you.
How did I become the topic of this thread?
bad idea to add THC to the other non prescription stuff you do. I was referring to anti-psycotics or anti-depressants under the supervision of a Dr. You're the only one thinks you're the topic of anything. Talk to the doc about your narsissism too.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#32343 Jul 30, 2013
By the time these kids are groomed by playing hundreds and thousands of virtually realistic and addictive online war games online, as they get older, then what 'excitement' do they have to look forward to?

Finish school, get a boring job, adopt a dog, watch sitcoms on TV?
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#32344 Jul 30, 2013
PuffPuffPass wrote:
<quoted text> bad idea to add THC to the other non prescription stuff you do. I was referring to anti-psycotics or anti-depressants under the supervision of a Dr. You're the only one thinks you're the topic of anything. Talk to the doc about your narsissism too.
"You" "You're" "you're" "your"

Feel free to ignore my comments if you're not interested in what I post rather than playing the popular AD HOMINEM trolling game.

Definition of AD HOMINEM

: appealing to feelings or prejudices rather than intellect
: marked by or being an attack on an opponent's character rather than by an answer to the contentions made
PuffPuffPass

Waterloo, Canada

#32345 Jul 30, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
"You" "You're" "you're" "your"
Feel free to ignore my comments if you're not interested in what I post rather than playing the popular AD HOMINEM trolling game.
Definition of AD HOMINEM
: appealing to feelings or prejudices rather than intellect
: marked by or being an attack on an opponent's character rather than by an answer to the contentions made
hey TRUNT (work that one out)the cut and paste crap is ignored,. It's you're self serving look at me, look at me, that is so freaking funny and hard not to mock.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#32346 Jul 30, 2013
PuffPuffPass wrote:
<quoted text> hey TRUNT (work that one out)the cut and paste crap is ignored,. It's you're self serving look at me, look at me, that is so freaking funny and hard not to mock.
Yeah, it's hard not to laugh....

Puff, Puff, Pass
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puff,_Puff,_Pass

Montana: Your favorite drug, we, we just like to know...
Larry: It's hard to say, there's so many great ones. Ecstacy is pretty damn good, altough coke is solid... You know it's consistant. But pot, i mean pot's the main stay, You know, the baseline, the old friend...
Montana: Shocked: Welcome to Heavens House...
Larry: I got in?
Little Girl

Spring, TX

#32347 Jul 30, 2013
Tired of Silly wrote:
<quoted text>
Little girl, I have no desire to "get out" in TX. I'll leave that to you. "Spring", Tx is NOT Houston, little girl. Never heard of "Spring" and not interested in your lies about it. Where are your parents, little girl? Do they ignore you all the time? Can't really blame them, you're not very smart and you're obnoxious, but it IS their responsibility to monitor their spawn's activities online. It's dark outside, so don't go outside, just go away. Play with your Barbies or something.
I still have plenty of Barbies and Barbie playhouses. I don't play with them much anymore.
You do not know anything about Houston, Katy, The Woodlands, Spring, Shenandoah, etc. You wouldn't know Montgomery County from Harris County. You only know about Pennysylvania and Florida. Go check your blood pressure, blood sugar and slow down on the Cubans and fried foods.
lmao
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#32348 Jul 30, 2013
PuffPuffPass wrote:
<quoted text> hey TRUNT (work that one out)the cut and paste crap is ignored,. It's you're self serving look at me, look at me, that is so freaking funny and hard not to mock.
Odd why these same groups don't target commerican Wild Game Farms, eh? I suppose they don't want to shut down the playground for all the crazed American gun enthusiasts.

‘Anonymous’ still harassing GuZoo

Published: July 28, 2013 7:16 PM

Anonymous, the group of online hacker activists, have continued their campaign against the Three Hills area GuZoo.

Both the zoo’s website and email accounts of staff were hacked recently, as well as a banner hung at a Telus Tower near GuZoo saying “shut down the GuZoo.”

A Twitter account claiming to represent Anonymous posted the files on the internet Friday.

An anonymous caller to the Advocate sent pictures Friday of people wearing a Guy Fawkes mask, the mask closely associated with Anonymous.

These same pictures were posted to, and widely circulated through, twitter.

Both police and Telus are conducting investigations into the website and email hacking and the vandalism to the zoo.

GuZoo has come under fire recently from animal activists and Anonymous after a video was posted in July showing a behind-the-scenes look at the zoo, allegedly taken at GuZoo over the Canada Day long weekend.

Then on July 22 a group of protestors gathered on the steps of the Alberta Legislature with similar signs to the one Anonymous put on the Telus Tower Friday.

Staff at GuZoo didn’t want to talk about the latest Anonymous attacks.

Earlier in May of this year, fences at the roadside zoo were cut in numerous different places allowing some animals to escape and others to wander into the pens of other animals.

Also targetting GuZoo is the Edmonton based Council of Concerned Albertans for Animal Welfare and Public Safety. They have an extensive campaign on their website aiming to close the zoo, including pictures and video they say was taken at the zoo.

http://www.reddeeradvocate.com/news/Anonymous...
Little Girl Gamer

Spring, TX

#32349 Jul 30, 2013
Tired of Silly wrote:
<quoted text>
Little girl, I don't give a rat's butt about who goes where in TX. I couldn't care less about your stupid suburb, and what's more, I don't believe a word that comes off your lying little fingers. I think you're a smart-ass little brat whose parents ignore her, so she goes online seeking attention. I'd feel sorry for you if you weren't so obnoxious. You're pretending on this thread to be reasonable. I've seen your true colors, little girl. You're an obnoxious child who obviously has no friends or you wouldn't be spending day after day on a site that has little to interest a teenage girl..........or maybe you're not even a teenage girl, just some online idiot pretending. In any case, I'm done with you. I raised my three kids and if any of them had acted the way you do, I would have smashed their computers with a hammer. Now run along, play with your Barbies, get your stupid purple sneakers, and leave the grown-ups alone.
I've moved up to X-box. Your pretend kids are not in college. At least one likes the same sex.
Keep putting your pathetic life out on the net. Someone will read it and call you on it.
Assassins Creed

Spring, TX

#32350 Jul 30, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Hope you are safe there, where your at...i thought you might be close to the propane plant in Tavares?.....
I'm glad I'm nowhere near Florida. Here's a map for Silly Pants so she can get up to speed.
Houston and its suburbs are nowhere near Tavares/Sanford FL. Thank you, Jesus!
She doesn't have multimillion dollar homes in her Tavares/Pine Hills/Parramore digs.
She can go suck her thumb. She doesn't believe in God, so if she got blown up, where would
she go?
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#32351 Jul 30, 2013
Assassins Creed wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm glad I'm nowhere near Florida. Here's a map for Silly Pants so she can get up to speed.
Houston and its suburbs are nowhere near Tavares/Sanford FL. Thank you, Jesus!
She doesn't have multimillion dollar homes in her Tavares/Pine Hills/Parramore digs.
She can go suck her thumb. She doesn't believe in God, so if she got blown up, where would
she go?
This makes no sense....sabatoge is always suspected when risk control mechanisms do not function as intended.

"Fire Chief Richard Keith said possible causes of the explosion may be either equipment malfunction or possibly human error. Sabotage was not suspected.

<snip>

Officials said hoses designed to spray water on the large tanks in case of fire, didn't go off as planned."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2013/07/30...
hey marce

Chula Vista, CA

#32352 Jul 30, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
This makes no sense....sabatoge is always suspected when risk control mechanisms do not function as intended.
"Fire Chief Richard Keith said possible causes of the explosion may be either equipment malfunction or possibly human error. Sabotage was not suspected.
<snip>
Officials said hoses designed to spray water on the large tanks in case of fire, didn't go off as planned."
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2013/07/30...
You better tell the fire chief. I'm sure he doesn't know nearly as much as you do about this.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#32353 Jul 30, 2013
hey marce wrote:
<quoted text>
You better tell the fire chief. I'm sure he doesn't know nearly as much as you do about this.
You think the Fire Chief in small town Florida will lead the investigation into this explosion eh?

Get off the farm much?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min RoxLo 1,655,893
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 32 min Science V Propaga... 64,293
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 1 hr Mary NY 73,877
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 17 hr fortmyersf 514,722
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... (May '17) Dec 8 Frindly 1,190
Who is better? Orlando Health or Florida Hospi... Dec 8 Citizen One 2
News Sex offenders, predators find room at Friendly ... (Nov '08) Dec 8 Cherry 64

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages