Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid

Mar 19, 2012 Full story: New York Daily News 29,905

ORLANDO, Fla. -- College students around Florida rallied Monday to demand the arrest of a white neighborhood watch captain who shot an unarmed black teen last month, though authorities may be hamstrung by a state law that allows people to defend themselves with deadly force.

Full Story
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#32237 Jul 28, 2013
hey marce wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep posting old news. You know nothing about this. Another video shot from another angle shows the Rottweiler clearly lunging for the officer. The officer had tried to befriend the dog, but the dog wasn't having it.
Did you think that's what "patting down" meant...officers tried to befriend the dog? Max was the dog in this story not Rosby.

"The video cuts to officers patting down Rosby after he is handcuffed."

Regardless, as usual and your tendency to pick, pick, pick, my point was not all Americans, or those without brains according to Silly, believe that Police Officers have the right to defend themselves by standing their ground against vicious animals.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#32241 Jul 28, 2013
SC Redneck_2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I do no think she has said a word since the trial Although, she could have been on one of those BS HLC programs.
She only has limited immunity for prosecution on malicious prosecution. Now, that is a trial I would enjoy looking forward to the outcome. Zimmerman should be compensated for the injustice that has been done to him Even if it is only the satisfaction of seeing the hateful woman disbarred
What about the three judges who ruled there was probable cause to charge Zimmerman with murder>
Brad

Manchester, CT

#32242 Jul 28, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
What about the three judges who ruled there was probable cause to charge Zimmerman with murder>
LOL

What 3 judges,liar?

The prosecution had to shop 3 judges until they found Nelson,a life long liberal,that would even hear the case because ,like the original law enforcement that was removed and replaced with liberal counter parts,were convinced the prosecution didn't have enough probable cause to even support a wrongful death charge,let alone 1st degree murder.

What is it with you Trayvoners that make you think you can waltz into a court of law with no proof to support your accusations,witnesses to the crime or evidence?

Level 8

Location hidden

#32243 Jul 28, 2013
Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
What 3 judges,liar?
The prosecution had to shop 3 judges until they found Nelson,a life long liberal,that would even hear the case because ,like the original law enforcement that was removed and replaced with liberal counter parts,were convinced the prosecution didn't have enough probable cause to even support a wrongful death charge,let alone 1st degree murder.
What is it with you Trayvoners that make you think you can waltz into a court of law with no proof to support your accusations,witnesses to the crime or evidence?
Oops, your ignorance is showing. The defense was responsible for the first judge stepping down, and the second judge being removed.

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#32247 Jul 29, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
They were lied to, in a inflated and deceiving arrest warrant, prepared by Angela Corey....just to get a trial, with not much evidence....do you understand this case?

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#32249 Jul 29, 2013
I shall never forget..."CHILD CAN'T GET SNACKS"...
What a bunch of coconuts

New Enterprise, PA

#32251 Jul 29, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
"George Zimmerman got away with murder, but you can't get away from God. And at the end of the day, he's going to have a lot of questions and answers he has to deal with,[But] the law couldn't prove it." Juror B29
What does your God have to do with anything? It doesn't.
What a bunch of coconuts

New Enterprise, PA

#32252 Jul 29, 2013
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Trayvon Martin was the result of a broken home and no male guidance, he had resorted to wanting to be a little ganksta and thug. His school record proved he was on a fast track to having no real future and his life would have seemed to be of one in the shadows with his porker girlfriend who nobody would have wanted to be seen with in daylight.
Boo hoo - then he got what he wanted. Too bad & no one cares anymore about the poor and unwanted with nothing but excuses.
Everyone has problems and issues to deal with. Most get over themselves and become good people. Some don't. Those that keep demanding "we" as a Country owe them something should be dealt with. Harshly. Sick and tired of "saving" everyone else while my investments hit rock bottom. Don't care about this kid & others like him. They don't want help - they want to take it from you by any means necessary.

Big tough guy. Too bad.
Brad

Manchester, CT

#32253 Jul 29, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
Oops, your ignorance is showing. The defense was responsible for the first judge stepping down, and the second judge being removed.
Still looking for those judges?
They must be hopping around down under.
The entire fiasco was a shameful travesty of justice and Zimmerman should never have been brought to trial.
This administration used him as a pawn to advance their anti 2nd amendment agenda with no regard for anybody or anything but their own selfish narrative.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#32254 Jul 29, 2013
HANNITY: Do you remember when you yourself reached for your weapon? Do you remember that moment.

ZIMMERMAN: Yes, sir.

HANNITY: Tell us about that.

ZIMMERMAN: At that point, I realized that it wasn't my gun, it wasn't his gun, it was the gun.

HANNITY: Did he say anything? Because you said he was talking a lot about the gun. Did he say he noticed the gun?

ZIMMERMAN: He said, "You are going to die tonight (EXPLETIVE DELETED)" and took one hand off of my mouth and I felt it going down my chest towards my belt and my holster, and that's when I -- I didn't have anymore time.

HANNITY: Do you think you acted more out of a conscious thought? I mean, I know these events happen very quickly. Do you remember conscientiously thinking I have to grab my gun or did you just do it? Was there a conscious thought that went through your head that you thought you were going to die and that you had to take this -- you had to get your weapon and fire?

ZIMMERMAN: I'd love to give you an answer.

HANNITY: You don't know?

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/hannity/2012/07...

Notice how George gives Hannity an opening to ask "Who's gun was it?" which he totally ignores, then he goes on to coach George....... "the gun" becomes "your gun". Very odd interview.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#32255 Jul 29, 2013
ZIMMERMAN: I was going to Target to do my weekly grocery shopping. Sunday nights was the only nights -- well, Sunday after we mentored the kids, we would always go grocery shopping and do our cooking for the week. So I wanted to go to Target and I headed out. And that's the last time I've been home.

Mentored kids?

Travis was a kid.

Pastor Zimmermann?

“always”

Level 5

Since: May 12

Ticklaw

#32256 Jul 29, 2013
Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
What 3 judges,liar?
That's bullsht. The original judge, Jessica Recksiedler recused herself due to her husband having a relationship with Mark O'Mara. Judge #2, Kenneth Lester was yanked off the case by the 5th district court to satisfy a defense motion. It was then assigned to Nelson who was preparing to move into the civil division and had no remaining caseload that would interfere with a high profile trial. There was no judge shopping by the prosecution, that notion is laughable.

The original law enforcement? LOL. You mean states attorneys office right. That office was benched by tea party Pam Bondi in favor of Angela Corey another hard right Republican. The specific reason was never made public but word on the street is that there was some dishonesty about who decided and when that there wasn't enough evidence to charge.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#32257 Jul 29, 2013
ZIMMERMAN: I wanted to make sure that -- I believe they asked me for my address, and I wanted to be sure that nobody was lingering and could hear my address and then come back. And I was making sure that there wasn't anybody that was going to surprise me, and just trying to give them an accurate location.

HANNITY: Because they said, you know, can we meet you here at a certain location, and you said have them call me.

ZIMMERMAN: Yes.

HANNITY: Why did you want them at that point to call you?

ZIMMERMAN: I hadn't given them a correct address. I gave them a -- the clubhouse vicinity. However, I was walking through to my street, Retreat View Circle, and I was going to give them the actual street number and name.

<snip>

HANNITY: OK. And so at that point, Trayvon is -- all of a sudden you turned around and there he was?

ZIMMERMAN: Yes, sir.

HANNITY: What happened next?

ZIMMERMAN: He asked me what my problem was.

HANNITY: Expletive problem?

ZIMMERMAN: Yes, sir. And I was wearing a rain jacket, and I had put my cell phone in my jacket pocket, as opposed to my jeans pocket where I normally keep it. And I immediately went to grab my phone to this time call 911 instead of a non-emergency, and when I reached into my pants pocket -- because that's where I keep it out of habit -- it wasn't there, and I was shocked. I looked up and he punched me and broke my nose.

One of the reasons I seldom watch media interviews.....they're utter prescripted nonsense and the obvious questions never get asked.

For example, what was the process by which police were expected to enter a GATED community to rescue poor George, since it supposedly had no security guards employed.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#32258 Jul 29, 2013
RuffnReddy wrote:
<quoted text>It was then assigned to Nelson who was preparing to move into the civil division and had no remaining caseload that would interfere with a high profile trial. There was no judge shopping by the prosecution, that notion is laughable.
Judge Debra Steinberg Nelson was already assigned to the CIVIL decision with a full caseload of other CIVIL matters at the same time the media was entertaining the public with the reality show of a State versus George Zimmerman CRIMINAL trial for 2nd degree murder.

If you don't understand the distinction between CIVIL and CRIMINAL court proceedings, you should stick to soap operas.

http://www.flcourts18.org/dockets/Nelson/June...
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#32259 Jul 29, 2013
* division
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#32260 Jul 29, 2013
July - CIVIL/FAMILY DIVISION
http://www.flcourts18.org/dockets/Nelson/July...

It's absolutely hilarious some of you will pick apart a traffic accident with a fine tooth comb to prove it didn't happen the way it was reported in the media, but you will blindly follow a live streamed criminal proceeding that never once appeared on the judge's civil docket who was supposedly presiding over the three week trial.

Furthermore, the photograph of Judge Steinberg Nelson displayed on the 18th Circiit Coirt site looks nothing like the person who played the role, but you don't question that either. Sheep! LOL

http://www.flcourts18.org/e107_images/Judge_N...
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#32263 Jul 29, 2013
tired of silly wrote:
<quoted text>
This has been explained to you. Explain it to the voices. Your silly scenarios do not give your theories any credence. If you really believe that the whole trial was, as you put it, a reality show, why are you still posting about it? Why do you care? Normal people don't care much about reality shows. Whoops.........I sort of answered my own question. You're a longggggggggggggggg way from normal, by your own choice. There is good treatment available for you, Rambler. Stop choosing to be crazy.
See why I wouldn't make a good flocker? It's because I don't prescribe to group-think.

Indeed everytime one of you makes the attempt, it reminds me of this fable:

Hans Christian Andersen.(1805–1875) Tales.
The Harvard Classics. 1909–14.

The Emperor’s New Clothes

http://www.bartleby.com/17/3/3.html

I've always liked the funny ending but we don't know what happen to the Emperor, who merely played along with the imaginary train.(I'm sure you realize what trains are symbolic of.)

“But he has nothing on!” said the whole people at length. That touched the Emperor, for it seemed to him that they were right; but the thought within himself,“I must go through with the procession.” And so he held himself a little higher, and the chamberlains held on tighter than ever, and carried the train which did not exist at all.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#32264 Jul 29, 2013
tired of silly wrote:
<quoted text>
She's been a judge for quite some time, dimwit. People's appearances change as they age, and yes, this is definitely a younger Judge Nelson. She was a crappy judge, perhaps they should have left her in civil court, but they didn't. And in spite of her obvious bias toward the prosecution, the jury did the right thing. Hope Mr. Zimmerman is enjoying his freedom and that the Martin/Fulton clan disappear forever from the public eye.
Definitely a younger Judge Nelson, eh?

I'm disappointed you're not trying to convince me it's an identical likeness. LOL
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#32265 Jul 29, 2013
A possible resurection I notice mentioned on other message boards. Of course A CLUE is that George Zimmerman referred to the Judge as "sir".

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/92...

Level 8

Location hidden

#32266 Jul 29, 2013
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
PC is a quantum leap away from conviction. Everybody in the legal profession understands the pressure that was brought about by the feds (to start with Air Force One) to bring a prosecution about to make the darker voter happy with the president and his seeming support in this case. The fun thing was watching or listening to the trial and seeing the fact that the prosecution had no evidence and every witness they brought strengthened the defense case.
Trayvon Martin was the result of a broken home and no male guidance, he had resorted to wanting to be a little ganksta and thug. His school record proved he was on a fast track to having no real future and his life would have seemed to be of one in the shadows with his porker girlfriend who nobody would have wanted to be seen with in daylight.
I am not a big fan of George Zimmerman and some of his actions, but clearly the criminal acts of the night of Martins death were the property of Martin.
I hope old man Tracy is happy attempting to get some money off of the dead body of the kid he abandoned at age three.
A quantum leap... No shit Dick Tracy. If you don't know what we were talking about, why respond?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 11 min TSM 1,109,551
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 16 min litesong 46,613
Privilege Waived - Part II . . . Remember Me? 1 hr missattempts 87
What life is like for Casey Anthony 1 hr missattempts 235
Casey Anthony maintains baby sitter was not fab... (Feb '14) 3 hr Lon Spector 280
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 9 hr The Real Missyfit 487,358
FL August 23 Florida Primary Election: Will you vote? (Aug '10) 10 hr Real Person 2,482
•••
•••
Orlando Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••