Call for arrest of watch captain who ...

Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid

There are 29780 comments on the New York Daily News story from Mar 19, 2012, titled Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid. In it, New York Daily News reports that:

ORLANDO, Fla. -- College students around Florida rallied Monday to demand the arrest of a white neighborhood watch captain who shot an unarmed black teen last month, though authorities may be hamstrung by a state law that allows people to defend themselves with deadly force.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Daily News.

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#32088 Jul 27, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
Another wonderful day of misery for you!
Right, I can barely get through the day.

“always”

Level 5

Since: May 12

Ticklaw

#32090 Jul 27, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
And it got a conclusion, GZ was acquitted. Now the broader topic has opened a social conscience toward focus on Stand Your Ground Laws and the dismal opportunities for young African American males in general and particularly school dropouts.
Yes, after a year and a half, millions of dollars spent and a few flushed careers the case was concluded. Yet it lingers on as it would have if George had been convicted of the lesser charge.

Actually if George had been booked right after the shooting and was made to face a first hearing judge, the case might have concluded on February 27th 2012, the day after the shooting and no one outside the immediate news area would have ever learned about it.

But the Sanford police decided to once again play judge and sent George home with Shellie and the nice federal air marshal who sat quietly with her while George drew lines on a google map for the investigator.

Imagine the alarm when the SPD learned the following morning that George had killed a just turned 17 year old with zero criminal record who was staying at the Green residence which was near the back gate. And their further surprise at learning that George had lied about being squeaky clean.

Tired of Silly
Level 7

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#32091 Jul 27, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
Your writing is filled with bitterness and anger that you can't disguise, so don't pretend you're enjoying yourself.
Ahhhhhhhhhhh loonygirl, you do make me laugh. Here's a little clue for you sugar. A certifiably insane person who has, and posts, fixed delusions every day, is absolutely unqualified to be even an online analyst. You're crazy, girl. Truly, honestly, wacko, batshit, loony, babbling, drooling NUTS. But..........you are, on occasion, funny. You're often boring, dumb, and idiotic as well, but you DO make me laugh. If I weren't enjoying myself, I wouldn't come here, you silly crazygirl. Only crazy people do things that they don't enjoy day after day. Unlike you , I'm not crazy. I just like to watch crazy people spin in circles trying to justify their looniness.

Tired of Silly
Level 7

Location hidden

#32092 Jul 27, 2013
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
Dearie, we have no idea how Mr. Martin would have turned out, what he would have done with his life and whether he would have been a president or a ceo or a teacher or a cop.
Mr. Martin was killed by Zimmerman and those questions will never be answered and making IZA (ignorant Zimmerman ass-assumptions) to Mr. Martin's future is - sorry - ignorant.
Let's see..........ThugTray (or "Mr. Martin if we want to pretend that he was a person instead of the animal that he really was), was just 17 years old when he was killed while committing the violent crime of attempted murder. Prior to that crime, he had been suspended from school 3 times in less than a full school year, each time for an offense that should have resulted in legal charges, but didn't because the school district wants to pretend that crime is not rampant in the Miami high schools. His FB and Twitter accounts show a preoccupation with violence, misogynistic tendencies in the filth he posted to and about girls, heavy drug use and indicate that he not only used illegal drugs but also sold them. It is no leap of the imagination to say that had he survived that night, he would have been dead from some other violent incident, or incarcerated, within a year at most. He was a neglected kid whose sperm donor and incubator turned him loose to be raised on the streets of the Miami slums. The kid never stood a chance to be anything but the violent animal that he was.

Level 5

Location hidden

#32093 Jul 27, 2013
Tired of Silly wrote:
A certifiably insane person who has, and posts, fixed delusions every day, is absolutely unqualified to be even an online analyst.
Yet you's post every day, bigot.
serfs up

Ormond Beach, FL

#32094 Jul 27, 2013
RuffnReddy wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, after a year and a half, millions of dollars spent and a few flushed careers the case was concluded. Yet it lingers on as it would have if George had been convicted of the lesser charge.
Actually if George had been booked right after the shooting and was made to face a first hearing judge, the case might have concluded on February 27th 2012, the day after the shooting and no one outside the immediate news area would have ever learned about it.
But the Sanford police decided to once again play judge and sent George home with Shellie and the nice federal air marshal who sat quietly with her while George drew lines on a google map for the investigator.
Imagine the alarm when the SPD learned the following morning that George had killed a just turned 17 year old with zero criminal record who was staying at the Green residence which was near the back gate. And their further surprise at learning that George had lied about being squeaky clean.
That police department was under the microscope at the time of the Zimmerman/Martin event. There was no way they were going to play some game that you and your ilk have slandered looking for every angle on convicting Zimmerman. If anything they showed courage. Lost in this is Zimmerman was a Democrat and he backed people who have been wronged and had a relationship with the NAACP. He learned a lesson though. When the chips are down who your friends are. Just like Hilary learned in 2008 when she ran for president. The Clinton's were shocked and believed they were owed. Frankly, she screwed up with rules and the such in her primary fight. Never trust backstabbers. And she should have known because she is one also.
hey marce

Chula Vista, CA

#32095 Jul 27, 2013
Rambler wrote:
ago
'Zimmerman Truthers' Question Crash Story
It's 'too perfectly timed and convenient,' they say, making the whole episode a bit 'fishy'
43 min ago by Dain Fitzgerald
<snip>
"Theorists have speculated that Zimmerman might have a police scanner, given his work as a neighborhood watchman and his current fear for his own safety," writes Seitz-Wald, "and that he used it to respond to the crash before authorities could get there."
http://politix.topix.com/homepage/7221-zimmer...
This is a new one....the problem with that is the timing -- the 911 callers reported "people" - ie. George Zeimmerman and the other man - were immediately at the crash helping to recuse the victims by the time they made their calls while driving past the aoccident site.
It's a sad state of affairs when some people can't take the reported event and be happy that the lives of an identified family of four were possibly saved by the immediate response from two passing motorists and leave it at that, instead of twisting it into a nefarious situation .....any of us in the same predicament would certainly appreciate that similar quick action taken by total strangers acting in the capacity of a Good Samaritan. In Canada there are laws to protect such a rescuer from lawsuits regarding wrongdoing, not sure about Florida but regardless, in this example all ended well.
This from someone who believes the media lies about everything, usually just to play a joke on someone.

Level 6

Since: May 11

AOL

#32096 Jul 27, 2013
RuffnReddy wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, after a year and a half, millions of dollars spent and a few flushed careers the case was concluded. Yet it lingers on as it would have if George had been convicted of the lesser charge.
That's why prosecutors threw the case. All to pacify the public and keep their police. When Serino took the stand and backed the defense and the prosecutors just sat there, I knew it was all for show.(didn't hurt coming off Jodi Arias case and seeing what a real prosecution looks like, either). The police played judge and jury before they realized a kid with a family that cared was dead for no other reason than GZ wanted to bag a burgler.
The jury instructions were purposely worded to acquit.

“always”

Level 5

Ticklaw

#32097 Jul 27, 2013
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> That police department was under the microscope at the time of the Zimmerman/Martin event. There was no way they were going to play some game that you and your ilk have slandered looking for every angle on convicting Zimmerman. If anything they showed courage. Lost in this is Zimmerman was a Democrat and he backed people who have been wronged and had a relationship with the NAACP. He learned a lesson though. When the chips are down who your friends are. Just like Hilary learned in 2008 when she ran for president. The Clinton's were shocked and believed they were owed. Frankly, she screwed up with rules and the such in her primary fight. Never trust backstabbers. And she should have known because she is one also.
Back away from the bong loser liar. The Sanford PD has been under the microscope since it's inception.

Remember the officer that was dating the drug dealer? How about the officer who was also a model lol, You're a moron GFY.

“always”

Level 5

Ticklaw

#32098 Jul 27, 2013
realTopaz wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why prosecutors threw the case. All to pacify the public and keep their police. When Serino took the stand and backed the defense and the prosecutors just sat there, I knew it was all for show.(didn't hurt coming off Jodi Arias case and seeing what a real prosecution looks like, either). The police played judge and jury before they realized a kid with a family that cared was dead for no other reason than GZ wanted to bag a burgler.
The jury instructions were purposely worded to acquit.
Thin blue line is for real.

During the OJ trial the prosecutors knew the cops were lying out theirs ass and never called them out. De La Rionda should have pit Ayala against Serino and let the sht land wherever.

Hey, it was a big night all over Central Florida, with the race fans in the area as well as the NBA Finals and parties all over the place all the local police were probably stretched thin but by the following day Sanford PD knew that it had a real problem and once again tried to sit on it.

The truth will seep out.
serfs up

Ormond Beach, FL

#32100 Jul 27, 2013
RuffnReddy wrote:
<quoted text>Back away from the bong loser liar. The Sanford PD has been under the microscope since it's inception.
Remember the officer that was dating the drug dealer? How about the officer who was also a model lol, You're a moron GFY.
The AIDS must have ph uked with your brain.Progressive Dementia as it were. They were under the microscope and were cleaning up the act when that happened. I am not a proponent of police, the courts and the political corrupted classes. That county and others in central florida use people as money magnets. To many bad apples. Its a national problem also. Saying that, there are good men and women who deserve more then to be grouped with the bad. I understand redneck because I understand ghetto. Just not quite as used to it. Yeah...you should have let the HIV take its course and die a loud and horrible way. Its a win/win for us all.

Tired of Silly
Level 7

Location hidden

#32101 Jul 27, 2013
The latest "protest" in Sanford is the funniest one yet. Seems there are a bunch of idiotic ThugTray supporters protesting, going door to door in the slum neighborhoods..........but guess what they want??? They want Angela Corey to be tossed out because.....are you ready?.......they don't like the verdict!!! I nearly had to pull the car over, I was laughing so hard. The idiots don't seem to realize that if not for the BS that Angela Corey pulled, George Zimmerman would never have been falsely arrested, there never would have been an unnecessary trial, and Seminole County wouldn't have wasted millions on this non-case. Angela Corey should indeed be tossed, and charged with prosecutorial misconduct, and stripped of her law license, but as much as I despise her, I couldn't have blamed her if the jury had done the wrong thing. However, I'm a thinking human being. ThugTray supporters are ghetto apes.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#32103 Jul 27, 2013
RuffnReddy wrote:
What about the other 200 who have never stood before a Judge? While this case indeed heightened awareness of the right to self-defense, it is by no means an isolated incident.

The easiest solution would be going forward to remove the "immunity from prosecution" and let a judge or jury decide if the defendant applied the Stand Your Ground Law legally or it was being abused.

Nelson: Florida ‘Stand Your Ground’ Law Should Be Changed

Perry Stein 4:28 PM EDT, Thursday July 25, 2013
Sen. Bill Nelson (D-FL) said Thursday that Florida's "Stand Your Ground" law, made famous by the death of Trayvon Martin, leads to more violence and should be changed.

"I think the Florida law ought to be changed," Nelson said on MSNBC's 'Andrea Mitchell Reports.' "I think where there are the extreme cases, for example, a guy gets into a fight, he leaves, goes to his car, gets a gun and comes back and kills the person he was fighting. To use Stand Your Ground in that circumstance is ridiculous."

"And yet in 200 cases in my state of Florida, they go all over the waterfront as to how they've been adjudicated, so I think the law needs to be considerably tightened and since it is in about two dozen states, you're not going to wipe out the laws," he continued. "Maybe down the road we do need to change these and completely eliminate them, but in the meantime they need to be severely constricted."

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/s...

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#32104 Jul 27, 2013
That is incredible, and only further points out....just how far outta touch with reality, so many people are....and they wonder, why we don't all get along better....really?....
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#32105 Jul 27, 2013
hey marce wrote:
<quoted text>
This from someone who believes the media lies about everything, usually just to play a joke on someone.
What's funny about two adults and two children being rescued from a rollover regardless of who was involved .....especially if the vehicle was smoking, about to erupt into flames?

Unless it had any connection to the "WOW," moment Jeff Ashton described, which in turn spiralled ngracie into an instant online rage at his "thoughtlessness toward her and the tragic loss of her children" .....which indeed was funny in a crazy sort of way, as if he was speaking on TV personally to her! LOL
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#32106 Jul 27, 2013
Tired of Silly wrote:
The latest "protest" in Sanford is the funniest one yet. Seems there are a bunch of idiotic ThugTray supporters protesting, going door to door in the slum neighborhoods..........but guess what they want??? They want Angela Corey to be tossed out because.....are you ready?.......they don't like the verdict!!! I nearly had to pull the car over, I was laughing so hard. The idiots don't seem to realize that if not for the BS that Angela Corey pulled, George Zimmerman would never have been falsely arrested, there never would have been an unnecessary trial, and Seminole County wouldn't have wasted millions on this non-case. Angela Corey should indeed be tossed, and charged with prosecutorial misconduct, and stripped of her law license, but as much as I despise her, I couldn't have blamed her if the jury had done the wrong thing. However, I'm a thinking
human being. ThugTray supporters are ghetto apes.
I hope the brown stage makeup wasn't running down their arms like the pic of the female protestor.
How bad is that when white people are complelled to pretend to be black in order to create sensationalized media stories.
spocko

Oakland, CA

#32107 Jul 27, 2013
incredulous wrote:
<quoted text>No matter how much you wish that dead thug was some kind of innocent.....it isn't so. He was a violent thug who didn't even get in trouble for having STOLEN jewelry. The district wanted to pretend it was found so they could pad their crime stats and go easy on the blacks to think they are always victimized. Who was that black comedian who used to say 'the devil made me do it'. That's the culture.
What a pathetic low life you are, you have nothing to back this up other than your idiotic righwingnuz fantasy and racist mindset!
spocko

Oakland, CA

#32109 Jul 27, 2013
Tired of Silly wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see..........ThugTray (or "Mr. Martin if we want to pretend that he was a person instead of the animal that he really was), was just 17 years old when he was killed while committing the violent crime of attempted murder. Prior to that crime, he had been suspended from school 3 times in less than a full school year, each time for an offense that should have resulted in legal charges, but didn't because the school district wants to pretend that crime is not rampant in the Miami high schools. His FB and Twitter accounts show a preoccupation with violence, misogynistic tendencies in the filth he posted to and about girls, heavy drug use and indicate that he not only used illegal drugs but also sold them. It is no leap of the imagination to say that had he survived that night, he would have been dead from some other violent incident, or incarcerated, within a year at most. He was a neglected kid whose sperm donor and incubator turned him loose to be raised on the streets of the Miami slums. The kid never stood a chance to be anything but the violent animal that he was.
What a pathetic and idiotic drivel typically roomtempIQ ...
spocko

Oakland, CA

#32110 Jul 27, 2013
Stand your ground law protects criminals! Florida's "stand your ground" self-defense law should be titled the Criminals Relief Act. When the controversial law was enacted in 2005, law enforcement officials warned it would be invoked by people prone to violence and mayhem. Seven years later, it's clear, those fears have been realized. Gang members, drug dealers, domestic abusers and other criminals have walked away from killings thanks to "stand your ground," and it's clearer than ever that the law should be repealed. Lawmakers who suggest a tweak can fix the problems are putting politics over sound public policy and the safety of Floridians.
Analysis of more than 100 fatal "stand your ground" cases by Tampa Bay Times staff writers have found that nearly 60 percent of people claiming the self-defense legal protection had been previously arrested, and one in three were accused of a violent crime. All told, 119 people who invoked "stand your ground" after killing someone had been arrested 327 times for criminal activities.

Level 5

Location hidden

#32111 Jul 27, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
What's funny about two adults and two children being rescued from a rollover regardless of who was involved .....especially if the vehicle was smoking, about to erupt into flames?
What's funny is you swallowing everything you are fed.

How is it no one got a picture of this soon to be flaming SUV with the pedophile easily the most recognized personality in the state of Florida?

How is it that the driver- who coincidentally enough was a fan of the pedophile- would first call for a press conference and then call it off as questions surfaced?

The connection between he and the responding officer and that though the accident happened was also a friend of the driver and also a fan of the pedophile.

And we all already know the pedophile has a hero complex.

More to follow.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min mdbuilder 1,602,346
Poll Child Protective Services Should Be SUED Along ... (Aug '12) 11 hr Angela 40
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 12 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 63,981
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 14 hr Murphey_Law 513,687
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 15 hr zazz 98,519
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) Fri LizW 73,841
News Should men wear pantyhose for warmth? It's not ... (Jan '09) Fri james52 244

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages