Call for arrest of watch captain who ...

Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid

There are 29779 comments on the New York Daily News story from Mar 19, 2012, titled Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid. In it, New York Daily News reports that:

ORLANDO, Fla. -- College students around Florida rallied Monday to demand the arrest of a white neighborhood watch captain who shot an unarmed black teen last month, though authorities may be hamstrung by a state law that allows people to defend themselves with deadly force.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Daily News.

Level 2

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#31898 Jul 25, 2013
Moe the toe wrote:
<quoted text>For Juror B-29 to have any credibility we need to know if she is a "White" Hispanic first. That alone changes the entire dialog.
Define White Hispanic. Almost all Hispanic are of mixed Race. And many Hispanic of mixed race will put down white , while under the one drop rule here in the USA they would be consider a person of color.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#31899 Jul 25, 2013
"A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned to walk forward."

Franklin D. Roosevelt

Level 8

Location hidden

#31900 Jul 25, 2013
MSNBC's Chris Hayes: Everything O'Reilly's Saying About Race Is "Easily Debunked With About 20 Minutes Of Googling"

Video ››› July 23, 2013 9:36 PM EDT

http://mediamatters.org/video/2013/07/23/msnb...
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#31901 Jul 25, 2013
californio wrote:
<quoted text>Define White Hispanic. Almost all Hispanic are of mixed Race. And many Hispanic of mixed race will put down white , while under the one drop rule here in the USA they would be consider a person of color.
A person of what color?
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#31902 Jul 25, 2013
Tired of Silly wrote:
<quoted text>
Your comments are beyond silly and I believe Zimmerman's killing of a teenager will continue in the media, continue to be considered and continued to be questioned for its outcome until you folks stop vilifying and smearing the victim and belittling the Martin Family.

Some of us folks are "tired of silly" trash talk about the victim and his family but it is a heckuva way to keep this front and center.

Well done!

Level 2

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#31903 Jul 25, 2013
“Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has not heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains.”

Winston Churchill quotes (British Orator, Author and Prime Minister during World War II. 1874-1965)
zazz wrote:
"A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned to walk forward."
Franklin D. Roosevelt
TOO BRILLIANT

Aliso Viejo, CA

#31905 Jul 25, 2013
zazz wrote:
Franklin D. Roosevelt
Thus spake the crippled reprobate Frankie before sending thousands of young Americans off to war to be slaughtered on the battlefieds EH?
PSST! Perhaps you should grab a book on US history and have yourself a little 'fireside chat ' EH??????
'Mr. Roosevelt said at Boston on October 30: "I have said this before, but I shal
I will say it again and again and again: Your boys are not going to be sent into any foreign wars."
The same thought was expressed in a speech at Brooklyn on November "I am fighting to keep our people out of foreign wars. And I will keep on fighting."
The President told his audience at Rochester, New York, on November 2: "Your national government ... is equally a government of peace -- a government that intends to retain peace for the American people."
On the same day the voters of Buffalo were assured: "Your President says this country is not going to war."
And he declared at Cleveland on November 3: "The first purpose of our foreign policy is to keep our country out of war."
And - And let's not forget "a chicken in every pot and a car in every garage" EH?? I also doubt it was the Rev
G nor his son Jess impostering this lying reprobate.

Level 8

Location hidden

#31906 Jul 25, 2013
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
Your comments are beyond silly and I believe Zimmerman's killing of a teenager will continue in the media, continue to be considered and continued to be questioned for its outcome until you folks stop vilifying and smearing the victim and belittling the Martin Family.
Some of us folks are "tired of silly" trash talk about the victim and his family but it is a heckuva way to keep this front and center.
Well done!
How Many Posters are Tired of Silly?

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/orlando-fl/TK...
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#31909 Jul 25, 2013
My George Zimmerman moment
By Wayne Allyn Root
Published July 25, 2013
FoxNews.com

President Obama can’t stop comparing himself, or the son he never had, to Trayvon Martin. And he can’t stop talking about race. Everything in Obama’s world is black and white. This is not America’s first “post racial-president.” This is America’s first “all race, all the time president.”
I see the Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin case very differently. For me it was never about black or white. It was always about life or death -- for George Zimmerman. You see, thirty-six years ago I was George Zimmerman. Thirty-six years ago I almost died in a life or death struggle eerily similar to George Zimmerman’s confrontation. Let me tell you the story.

<snip>

In the late spring of 1977 I faced a "George Zimmerman moment.” As I patrolled an empty hallway in my high school, I spotted a gang-banger smoking and listening to loud music when he was supposed to be in class.

I confronted and told him,“You’re coming with me.” The kid wheeled around and pulled a gigantic knife. In court it was classified as a machete (with a blade longer than 8 ½ inches).

He lunged at me and I grabbed his wrist. We wrestled to the ground with him on top. A much bigger kid than me, he was soon winning the struggle and about to stick the machete into my head.

If I had had a gun, I certainly would have used it to save my life. That was the choice George Zimmerman faced. What Obama and the race-baiters call murder is self-defense. Those who make the race baiters happy by not fighting back are...dead. After the fact, they’re called “victims.”

I got lucky. As my life was about to be extinguished a principal emerged from his office to check on the commotion.

Like Zimmerman, I’m sure no one knew which of us was screaming in my life or death struggle, but my screams saved my life. The principal shouted,“Hey you, drop that knife.”

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/07/24/my-...

What a dorkhead......first Root criticizes President Obama for identfying with his black heritage, then he rushes into his own black vs white story. in his example he parallels himself as a highschool student to an almost 30 year old George Zimmerman in a very obvious but futile attempt at one-manship of Pres Obama associating himself as a teen to 17 year old Trayvon.

Isn't this the person who denied knowing Obama at Columbia? Based on this one vicious article by Root, I'd say he's a toxic weed.
DRUNKEN BRAD

Aliso Viejo, CA

#31910 Jul 25, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>

Probably a lot less than those who tire of your hate filled nonsensical racist comments.:-)

LOL you are as honest & trustworthy as 'Peace in Our Time'
Neville Chamberlain JMO of course.
hey marce

Chula Vista, CA

#31911 Jul 25, 2013
Rambler wrote:
My George Zimmerman moment
By Wayne Allyn Root
Published July 25, 2013
FoxNews.com
President Obama can’t stop comparing himself, or the son he never had, to Trayvon Martin. And he can’t stop talking about race. Everything in Obama’s world is black and white. This is not America’s first “post racial-president.” This is America’s first “all race, all the time president.”
I see the Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin case very differently. For me it was never about black or white. It was always about life or death -- for George Zimmerman. You see, thirty-six years ago I was George Zimmerman. Thirty-six years ago I almost died in a life or death struggle eerily similar to George Zimmerman’s confrontation. Let me tell you the story.
<snip>
In the late spring of 1977 I faced a "George Zimmerman moment.” As I patrolled an empty hallway in my high school, I spotted a gang-banger smoking and listening to loud music when he was supposed to be in class.
I confronted and told him,“You’re coming with me.” The kid wheeled around and pulled a gigantic knife. In court it was classified as a machete (with a blade longer than 8 ½ inches).
He lunged at me and I grabbed his wrist. We wrestled to the ground with him on top. A much bigger kid than me, he was soon winning the struggle and about to stick the machete into my head.
If I had had a gun, I certainly would have used it to save my life. That was the choice George Zimmerman faced. What Obama and the race-baiters call murder is self-defense. Those who make the race baiters happy by not fighting back are...dead. After the fact, they’re called “victims.”
I got lucky. As my life was about to be extinguished a principal emerged from his office to check on the commotion.
Like Zimmerman, I’m sure no one knew which of us was screaming in my life or death struggle, but my screams saved my life. The principal shouted,“Hey you, drop that knife.”
What a dorkhead......first Root criticizes President Obama for identfying with his black heritage, then he rushes into his own black vs white story. in his example he parallels himself as a highschool student to an almost 30 year old George Zimmerman in a very obvious but futile attempt at one-manship of Pres Obama associating himself as a teen to 17 year old Trayvon.
Isn't this the person who denied knowing Obama at Columbia? Based on this one vicious article by Root, I'd say he's a toxic weed.
Where exactly does Root criticize Obama for 'identifying with his black heritage'?

Where exactly does Root tell his own 'black vs white story'? Do you see the word 'black' in any part of the story he told about his experience 36 yrs ago?

Where does it say Root was a high school student at the time of the attack?

Last question: Why haven't you ever taken a remedial reading class?

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#31913 Jul 26, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
Less than you and your continued racism over the fact's, attitude.....
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#31915 Jul 26, 2013
hey marce wrote:
<quoted text>
Where exactly does Root criticize Obama for 'identifying with his black heritage'?
Read your quote, starting with the first paragraph.
hey marce wrote:
<quoted text>
Where exactly does Root tell his own 'black vs white story'? Do you see the word 'black' in any part of the story he told about his experience 36 yrs ago?
Bad black kids.......

"Every decent kid at Mt. Vernon High School knew we were taking our lives in our hands if we went to the bathroom- so we didn’t. We learned to hold it in all day until we got home- for fear of being robbed or beaten in the filthy, dangerous bathrooms where hoods, gang members, and drug dealers hung out.

The school was about 85% black. I was white. But being white wasn’t the problem. Being a good kid was the problem. It wasn’t black vs. white. It was good vs. bad. The good black kids were as readily beaten up and intimidated as the good white kids.
hey marce wrote:
<quoted text>
Where does it say Root was a high school student at the time of the attack?
Ding, ding, ding!.........A student in a high school is known as a high school student.

Root wouldn't be fabricating his entire story about Mount Vernon High School in order to one-up the President, would he?

"Root graduated as Valedictorian from his high school, Thornton-Donovan School......"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wayne_Allyn_Root
hey marce wrote:
<quoted text>
Last question: Why haven't you ever taken a remedial reading class?

My opinion stands, he's a dorkhead. I don't find the writer credible......the article gives off fumes of childish up-manship. The man is a 52 year old politician telling a story about high school back in the '70s to make his point about "bad black boys" as if "bad white boys" have ever and don't exist? That a politican projects such racially polarized views in the 21 century is shameful IMO.
Never will stop

New Enterprise, PA

#31916 Jul 26, 2013
Jury of PEERS made the verdict the correct one. It is what it is.

Some are saying payback for OJ - now the table has been turned. How does it feel?
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#31917 Jul 26, 2013
A vast difference to a public high school, "85% black".

Thornton-Donovan School Website
OUR MISSION

The Thornton-Donovan School is absolutely unique.

We offer a dynamic, hands-on progressive education for academically talented students in grades K-12. Established in 1901, we are one of the oldest private schools in Westchester County, New York. With the 2012-2013 tuition set at less than $16,500, you will be surprised by our affordability; we have worked hard to keep our tuition at a rate which is reflective of the current economic situation, and is roughly ½ the rate of other Westchester private schools.

The Thornton-Donovan education is customized to students’ interests and talents. Our learners progress in subject areas based on their ability and curiosity, not their grade level. Small class size, usually 8-14 students, makes this approach to learning possible. Encouraging children to develop into the persons they will become, unhindered in exploration of their passions, is the key to a T-D education.

Across all grades, perspectives are challenged daily through culturally themed courses focusing on a different area of the world each year. Each spring, our classrooms literally come alive with our annual journey to the country of focus. Imagine having the opportunity to experience first-hand the sights, sounds and smells about which you learned during the year! Recent adventures have brought us to South Africa and Ireland. This year we are studying and voyaging to Venice.

Thornton-Donovan's international focus prepares our students to graduate aware of who they are, and with a massive head-start on recognizing their role within our global community.

At Thornton-Donovan we realize that education is not purely academic. The whole child is developed by emphasizing values such as honesty, integrity, personal responsibility and good citizenship. Each T-D student knows that he or she is an international ambassador with conduct expected that honors that responsibility. Although we are independent and non-denominational, there is a spiritual element - paying homage to all beliefs - which permeates the campus and all of our activities. Our atmosphere is intimate, calm and natural. You'll notice straight away how different we feel compared with other schools.

Our students come to us from many towns in Westchester County, as far north as Fairfield County, CT, and some have even commuted from Manhattan. Our international scholars have hailed from China, Korea, Australia, France, Guatemala, Spain, Austria and more.

For more than 100 years, Thornton-Donovan School has been exceptional.

http://www.td.edu/mission.html
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#31918 Jul 26, 2013
Never will stop wrote:
Some are saying payback for OJ - now the table has been turned. How does it feel?
A "payback" for OJ?

You have it sort of backwards......the story goes OJ was acquitted to prevent the black community from violent rioting. Fast forward 20 years or so to 2013 and the Twitter and Facebook ghouls therefore predicted the black community would engage in violent rioting if GZ was not held accountable for the murder of TM.

Since GZ was indeed found Not Guilty but no violent rioting occurred, they were proven wrong.......no "payback" whatsoever occurred, obviously to the ghouls great disappointment.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#31920 Jul 26, 2013
President Obama, conclusion of his remarks regarding Trayvon Martin......

"On the other hand, in families and churches and workplaces, there’s a possibility that people are a little bit more honest, and at least you ask yourself your own questions about, am I wringing as much bias out of myself as I can; am I judging people, as much as I can, based on not the color of their skin but the content of their character? That would, I think, be an appropriate exercise in the wake of this tragedy........

And so, you know, we have to be vigilant and we have to work on these issues, and those of us in authority should be doing everything we can to encourage the better angels of our nature as opposed to using these episodes to heighten divisions. But we should also have confidence that kids these days I think have more sense than we did back then, and certainly more than our parents did or our grandparents did, and that along this long, difficult journey, you know, we’re becoming a more perfect union -- not a perfect union, but a more perfect union."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/presid...

Wayne Allyn Root doesn't even acknowledge President Obsma's closing summary at all -- instead he can't resist adding "color" his story......and concludes his writings with the insinuation that TM was actively engaged in criminal activity, when no such evidence existed. Furthermore, his foolish reference to "black or white" leaves the impression he sees all humans to represent one of two colours......RACIST reeks in his thinly-veiled attempt to disguise it IMO.

"Unfortunately our president can now be added to the list of people out to vilify you for trying to clean up your community and help your fellow man, white or black. Always remember that George Zimmerman was protecting a large number of black homeowners in that community."

Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#31921 Jul 26, 2013
tired of silly wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no payback involved. OJ was guilty and was set free by a black jury solely because he was black. Zimmerman is innocent. He was set free because he did not commit a crime. There is a HUGE difference.
Now you're making up shit. The jury was not "black". Had the two "whites" or one "Latino" believed OJ was guilty, they had the freedom to vote accordingly and hang the verdict. That didn't happen.

According to media reports, prosecutor Marcia Clark thought that women, regardless of race, would sympathize with the domestic violence aspect of the case and connect with her personally. On the other hand, the defense's research suggested that women generally were more likely to acquit than men. Also, the jurors did not respond well to Clark's combative style of litigation, and the defense also correctly speculated that black women would not be as sympathetic to a white woman as the victim. Both sides accepted a disproportionate number of female jurors. From an original jury pool of 40% white, 28% black, 17% Latino, and 15% Asian, the final jury for the trial had 10 women and two men, of which there were nine blacks, two whites, and one Latino.[11][55]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O._J._Simpson_mu...

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#31922 Jul 26, 2013
Never will stop wrote:
That is the dumbest logic in the world.....
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#31923 Jul 26, 2013
WAYNE ALLYN ROOT
By Wayne Root
Sep 10, 2002, 15:15

"The son of a Mount Vernon, N.Y. butcher, Root was still in high school when his amazing ability to predict the outcome of sporting events first made headlines. At the age of 16, Root was featured in the Mount Vernon Daily Argus, which reported his astonishing record of 1,234 winners out of 1,650 picks, hailing him as "the betting whiz kid" and the next "Jimmy the Greek."
http://www.osga.com/artman/publish.backup/pri...

Wonder if any investigative reporter is digging through the archives.......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Incognito4Ever 1,460,484
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 27 min Black Mom 62,355
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 1 hr ChromiuMan 7,954
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 2 hr Princess Hey 19,236
Change one letter game (Sep '11) 2 hr Princess Hey 3,072
two words (Jul '10) 2 hr Princess Hey 27,916
Double Fun Word Game (Mar '11) 2 hr Princess Hey 13,107

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages