Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid

Mar 19, 2012 Full story: New York Daily News 29,876

ORLANDO, Fla. -- College students around Florida rallied Monday to demand the arrest of a white neighborhood watch captain who shot an unarmed black teen last month, though authorities may be hamstrung by a state law that allows people to defend themselves with deadly force.

Full Story

“Trigger Rights ”

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#31603 Jul 22, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
Trayvon's only crime was being a young, black unarmed boy. Had he been the thug the racists claim, Zimmerman would be dead, not Trayvon.
He was a hoodlum, smack talking punk suspended from school for the third time. Trayvon shouldn't have even been in Sanford. At the time he decided to give the wrong person a hard time he should have been in Miami doing his homework and popping his zits you foolish old mare.

“Trigger Rights ”

Location hidden

#31604 Jul 22, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
She's not a victim and you can't stand that she doesn't fit your racist hate filled mold.
Why don't you take your I hate whitey message to the inner city. I'm sure they'd love to hear your message of hate after your ass gets robbed, beaten or worse. If anyone's a racist pathetic slob, it's you.

“Trigger Rights ”

Location hidden

#31605 Jul 22, 2013
Dang, zazz the racist spread her messages of hatred like cannonballs tonight. She took up the whole page with her evil rants. Somebody call Casey and get her duct tape.

“Trigger Rights ”

Location hidden

#31606 Jul 22, 2013
incredulous wrote:
<quoted text>See someone and resolve your hateful issues.
INF could assist.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#31607 Jul 22, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
"If you want to see the true measure of a man, watch how he treats his inferiors, not his equals."
- J K Rowling

He will show his goodness in the kindly consideration he shows those less favored than himself. It is the way one treats his inferiors more than the way he treats his equals which reveals oneís real character.

óRev. Charles Bayard Miliken, Methodist Episcopal, Chicago.

It is well known that she is a plagiarist. But, she's made so much money no one cares.

Level 8

Location hidden

#31608 Jul 22, 2013
Luau Lou wrote:
<quoted text> Why don't you take your I hate whitey message to the inner city. I'm sure they'd love to hear your message of hate after your ass gets robbed, beaten or worse. If anyone's a racist pathetic slob, it's you.
I am white and would never go into dangerous places knowingly.

If anyone's a racist pathetic slob, it's you.

“Trigger Rights ”

Location hidden

#31609 Jul 22, 2013
Don't beat yourself up. George Zimmerman and strangers stopped to help car accident victims. He even stayed at the scene and spoke with the police before he left. This must burn you up inside.

I'm happy to see that nothing is going to stop George from being a good part of his community.

Hey, where's Poe?
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I'm not saying the crash never happened, but I am skeptical of the story.
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/tra...
(snipped)
> "The Sheriff's Office later released a traffic accident report. Zimmerman and the other man are not mentioned in the report." <
You can listen to the 911 calls........none of the callers mentions Zimmerman nor do any of the callers sound like Zimmerman even the caller who is standing right next to the vehicle.
http://www.tmz.com/2013/07/22/george-zimmerma...

“Trigger Rights ”

Location hidden

#31612 Jul 22, 2013
Double Jeopardy wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the orlandosentinel.com story. George came upon the scene AFTER the accident, so no, he did not follow them, lol. Others had also dialed 911. George was NOT a bystanders.
You're pretty uninformed about the events that took place.
Why would George be in fear for his life anymore? Everyone who wants to harm him is out protesting, lol!
Did the local gun broker give George a new gun? Maybe some ammo to go along with his new gun?
Did you know there's a gun range in east central Florida that let's you fire as many types of their firearms for 1 hour for just $15? It allows for consumers to test all types of guns before they purchase. It's good to see the merchants are making sure buyers are comfortable before buying.

“Trigger Rights ”

Location hidden

#31613 Jul 22, 2013
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
Uhm, duh, maybe to give the story some credibility?
It was all over the Internet that Zimmerman won the Florida Lottery, too......just because someone writes a story that doesn't mean it's true.
George Zimmerman did win a lottery game. Maybe it wasn't the same George Zimmerman you're stalking,

The purpose of your post again is?

“Trigger Rights ”

Location hidden

#31615 Jul 22, 2013
Ctz wrote:
Well George wants us to believe he was strong enough to pull 2 adults out of the carthat is on its side. but was not strong enough to push a teenager off him ?
You saw the angry black woman attorney on Dr. Drew tonight. Funny she said the same thing.

George had received a beating from Trayvon. You should see the photos after Trayvon assaulted George. The kid was violent.

Level 8

Location hidden

#31618 Jul 22, 2013
incredulous wrote:
<quoted text>I hope you know I was sarcastic but I apologize for mispelling hear. It just goes to show you the kind of person Zimmerman is. I don't think I would have the courage to pull a stranger from a burning car. Did you see the movie 'Crash'?
The fire didn't start until everyone was out of the vehicle.

Level 7

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#31620 Jul 23, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
They weren't crimes.
A simpler explanation would be: the shooting death of 17 year old Martin would never have happened if the fat pedophile cop wannabe had stayed and waiting for the real cops to show up.
Like he was told.
Since when is vandalism not a crime? Since when is possession of stolen property not a crime? Since when is possession of drug paraphernalia not a crime? That thug should have been in juvie, not wandering the streets looking for more crimes to commit.

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#31623 Jul 23, 2013
Ctz wrote:
Well George wants us to believe he was strong enough to pull 2 adults out of the carthat is on its side. but was not strong enough to push a teenager off him ?
Wonder when you and others might realize, you've already been judging character, simply by race?

“Jess kidding!”

Level 2

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#31624 Jul 23, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Wonder when you and others might realize, you've already been judging character, simply by race?
says the little white man with penis envy.

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#31627 Jul 23, 2013
tired of silly wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the ghetto rat with human envy. Don't you have a 7-11 to rob or something? A welfare check to pick up? A baby mama to slap around?
....I'm still waiting for one of the George "haters" to actually acknowledge,.....You know, judging him, solely by race was a mistake....Until then, they appear the biggest racists of all.....
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#31628 Jul 23, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
Trayvon's only crime was being a young, black unarmed boy. Had he been the thug the racists claim, Zimmerman would be dead, not Trayvon.
I thought the media coverage of this trial was quite impressive.....it emphasized that the burden was on the state to have the goods to prove George Zimmerman was guilty beyond reasonable doubt of 2nd degree murder, that he committed the murder of Trayvon Martin out of ill-will, spite, malice or hatred. You might also recall even before the jury's Not Guilty verdict was read the media widely predicted he would not be convicted because the evidence of that crime just wasn't there.

Not much more than a week later all that been tossed aside, people have gotten a foggy memory and the controversy is solely focused on GZ having proven himself innocent by self-defense. LOL
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#31629 Jul 23, 2013
Analysis: George Zimmerman Probably Won't Be Convicted of Murder or Manslaughter -- Here's Why

Prosecutors Are at a Distinct Legal Disadvantage

ANALYSIS by DAN ABRAMS
7/14/13, 10:35 AM EDT

I drew a legal conclusion on "Good Morning America" Saturday that would have surprised the Dan Abrams who covered the George Zimmerman case leading up to, and shortly after, his arrest.

Now that the prosecution's case against Zimmerman is in, as a legal matter, I just don't see how a jury convicts him of second degree murder or even manslaughter in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin.

So what happened? How can an armed man who shot and killed an unarmed teen after being told by the police that he didn't need to keep following him, likely be found not guilty of those crimes?

I certainly sympathize with the anger and frustration of the Martin family and doubt that a jury will accept the entirety of George Zimmerman's account as credible. But based on the legal standard and evidence presented by prosecutors it is difficult to see how jurors find proof beyond a reasonable doubt that it wasn't self defense.

Prosecutors are at a distinct legal disadvantage.

They have the burden to prove that Zimmerman did not "reasonably believe" that the gunshot was "necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm" to himself. That is no easy feat based on the evidence presented in their case. Almost every prosecution witness was called to discredit the only eyewitness who unquestionably saw everything that occurred that night, George Zimmerman.

<snip >

With all this said, juries are notoriously impossible to predict and the deliberation process can take on a life of its own, but if they follow the letter of the law, it's hard to see, based on everything we know now, how they find him guilty of murder or even manslaughter.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/george-zimmerman-con...

Level 2

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#31630 Jul 23, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
What white person wishes they were black? What person would wish for less education, less intelligence, less responsibility, being more prone to violence, and being the most hated in the country? Why would I wish I was part of a race so despicable that I would constantly try to move away from my own kind????
No need to be racist.And Im sure the geeky white nerd in high School would be happy to trade places with the black star football player any day.And there are plenty of affluent White young people here in California that like to pretend to be ghetto then go back to their upper class gated communities at night.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#31631 Jul 23, 2013
Get caught up: Week 2 of George Zimmerman trial

By Katherine Cavazini
updated 12:27 PM EDT, Sat July 06, 2013

Serino testified that there were no significant differences between Zimmermanís initial interviews with authorities and the videotaped re-enactment. Serino added that he believed the neighborhood watch captain was telling the truth when he told police he shot the teen in self-defense.

Defense attorney Mark OíMara questioned Serino about Zimmermanís fourth interview with police, when Serino teamed up with Officer Doris Singleton for a more aggressive line of questioning.

Serino stated that, during that interview, he suggested to Zimmerman there were surveillance cameras in the area of the shooting that could have captured the attack.

Zimmerman responded,ďThank God, I was hoping somebody videotaped it."

Singleton, also present during the interview, testified that she did not find any significant differences between Zimmerman's oral and written statements, and found no evidence Zimmerman had any ill will, spite or hatred toward Martin. Singleton added that Zimmerman appeared to be in shock when he learned that Martin was dead.

Hirotaka Nakasone, a senior scientist from the FBI voice analysis lab, testified the screams for help heard on the 911 call were too short and the quality was too poor for scientific analysis.

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/07/04/georg...

Foggy, foggy, foggy!!!

Anybody remember less that a month back, when a series of Prosecution witnesses defended the innocence of George Zimmernan?

If the prosecution's own witness testimony is not evidence that GZ was guilty of murder, then exactly what evidence was the jury supposed to support a conviction on?

It's very obvious that an organized effort to argue the verdict of a no brainer acquittal is being put forth to take the focus the reality of "the bigger picture" involving Stand Your Ground laws and how that law is being abused to protect gang members//organized criminals!

Therefore is one to assume it is gang members/organized criminal connections who are responsible for creating that smoke screen?
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#31632 Jul 23, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>....I'm still waiting for one of the George "haters" to actually acknowledge,.....You know, judging him, solely by race was a mistake....Until then, they appear the biggest racists of all.....
Answer me this question please.......

If racism is still so rampant in the United States as some of you posters would like to portray......how did Barack Obama "who could have been Trayvon Martin 35 years ago" come to be elected President of the United States, not just once but twice?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Mitts High School... 1,192,339
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 min GOP 51,539
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 24 min MADDY B BACK MUCHLY 492,227
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 4 hr The Real Missy 17,881
Convicted rapist indicted in 1993 Orange County... (May '09) 4 hr your clueless 35
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 6 hr Princess Hey 17,365
ONE DAY ONLY - Huge Savings on a NEW Homes 7 hr LGI Homes 1
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 7 hr Murph 71,236
Orlando Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:12 pm PST

Bleacher Report 1:12PM
Jameis Winston Interviews with Buccaneers: Latest Details and Reaction
NBC Sports 3:01 PM
Jameis Winston has predraft meeting with Buccaneers
NBC Sports 8:42 PM
Josh McCown discusses his decision to join the Browns
Bleacher Report 9:40 PM
Weighing Pros and Cons of Bucs' Top FA Targets
Bleacher Report 9:17 AM
How Should the Bucs Fill Their Biggest Holes?