Call for arrest of watch captain who ...

Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid

There are 29780 comments on the New York Daily News story from Mar 19, 2012, titled Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid. In it, New York Daily News reports that:

ORLANDO, Fla. -- College students around Florida rallied Monday to demand the arrest of a white neighborhood watch captain who shot an unarmed black teen last month, though authorities may be hamstrung by a state law that allows people to defend themselves with deadly force.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Daily News.

spocko

Oakland, CA

#31659 Jul 23, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
I question stories from "police sources speaking unofficially" or "unnamed sources close to the investigation" or "undisclosed friends" but in this report it names the sheriff's spokeswoman.
"Zimmerman, 29, helped get them out of the overturned sport utility vehicle last Wednesday, barely four days after the not-guilty verdict, the Seminole County Sheriff's Office in central Florida said.
"He did not witness the crash. He rolled up on it after the fact and assisted in getting the family out of the vehicle," sheriff's spokeswoman Kim Cannaday said."
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/07/22/us-...
Kim Cannaday is also listed as the Public Affairs Officer on the Seminole Sheriff's site, including her email address.
http://www.seminolesheriff.org/external/InfoS...
It she wasn't responsible for it's release, she could certainly retract it. Why don't you email her and clear up your doubt, if it irradiates you so much.
LOL ... "if it irradiates you so much" I think you should go see a doctor :-)
spocko

Oakland, CA

#31660 Jul 23, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought the media coverage of this trial was quite impressive.....it emphasized that the burden was on the state to have the goods to prove George Zimmerman was guilty beyond reasonable doubt of 2nd degree murder, that he committed the murder of Trayvon Martin out of ill-will, spite, malice or hatred. You might also recall even before the jury's Not Guilty verdict was read the media widely predicted he would not be convicted because the evidence of that crime just wasn't there.
Not much more than a week later all that been tossed aside, people have gotten a foggy memory and the controversy is solely focused on GZ having proven himself innocent by self-defense. LOL
Well, not exactly but you are sort of right ...
AnnAgain

Oakland, CA

#31661 Jul 23, 2013
tired of silly wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never understood your focus on them not knowing who ThugTray was before determining that no charges should be filed. What difference did it make who he was??? Do you think that there should have been special consideration because he was under 18? That in the exact same circumstances, a person should be arrested if they defend themselves against a 17 year old, but not if the person who attacked them was 18?? I just don't understand why you think that knowing who the dead thug was matters.
Why are you referring to TM as a thug? You are clearly a shameless and ignorant racist! TM was a high school kid walking in the rain not bothering a soul, but more importantly, TM has a family has a mom and a dad and relatives! And for, all out, hateful racist people like to call themselves Americans is embarrassing to say the least!!

“always”

Level 5

Since: May 12

Ticklaw

#31662 Jul 23, 2013
tired of silly wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never understood your focus on them not knowing who ThugTray was before determining that no charges should be filed. What difference did it make who he was??? Do you think that there should have been special consideration because he was under 18? That in the exact same circumstances, a person should be arrested if they defend themselves against a 17 year old, but not if the person who attacked them was 18?? I just don't understand why you think that knowing who the dead thug was matters.
I'm shocked that you've missed my focus-interest for going on a year now. My interest being why the SPD quickly bought into George's version of events well before they had a clue who the dead guy was.

The SPD did a p-poor investigation interviewing a few people that basically presented themselves to LE near the shooting scene, six total, iirc. Yet George claimed to have first spotted the stranger on the West side of the community, near Taaffe's condo 1500 feet
away. SPD didn't do a background on George, simply taking his word on being "squeaky clean."

George should have been booked just to be on the safe side, there was probable cause, he said that he shot the guy, and a background would have told SPD that George was not squeaky clean but that he was unpredictable.

Book'em Danno and let the judge figure it all out, that's how it's supposed to be. If George had been booked, you and I would never have learned of the case, Al Sharpton would never have learned of the case.

George was finally booked 46 days after the shooting that he admitted to the first responding officer.

We never did learn who the on duty ASA was, or whether or not Wolfinger himself intervened. We never heard during the trial who decided that there wasn't sufficient evidence to book George.

Thin blue line.
spocko

Oakland, CA

#31664 Jul 23, 2013
tired of silly wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummmmmmmmmm because he WAS a thug???? A filthy, violent animal?
There is no need to insult animals clearly your mom was slug and your dad was a snake!
incredulous

Carmel, IN

#31666 Jul 23, 2013
AnnAgain wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you referring to TM as a thug? You are clearly a shameless and ignorant racist! TM was a high school kid walking in the rain not bothering a soul, but more importantly, TM has a family has a mom and a dad and relatives! And for, all out, hateful racist people like to call themselves Americans is embarrassing to say the least!!
Actually, he was a thug with a violent history of street fighting, theft, drugs, racism, and truancy. He attacked Zimmerman and the evidence proves it and yet YOU want to incite racism with your bogus bs. His piglet friend confirmed his racism and bigotry which explained why he attacked the creepy ass gay cracker. Martin's racism led him to ambush Z for looking at him but most importantly....because he didn't like crackers and gays. All the evidence leads to a hate crime and yet YOU want to pretend Martin was an innocent kid.
incredulous

Carmel, IN

#31667 Jul 23, 2013
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
We white folks, dear, need to face up to the fact we are part of the "racist" problem.
Not understanding that fact, not opening our white eyes and not taking responsibility for the discrimination in his country is well ...
... not too bright, not too open minded and well --- even republican.
I'm afraid you have the wrong party. The dems have enslaved blacks as well as whites on the govt. plantation.Racism is alive and well but it's not by the people you accuse.
AnnAgain

Oakland, CA

#31676 Jul 23, 2013
incredulous wrote:
<quoted text> Actually, he was a thug with a violent history of street fighting, theft, drugs, racism, and truancy. He attacked Zimmerman and the evidence proves it and yet YOU want to incite racism with your bogus bs. His piglet friend confirmed his racism and bigotry which explained why he attacked the creepy ass gay cracker. Martin's racism led him to ambush Z for looking at him but most importantly....because he didn't like crackers and gays. All the evidence leads to a hate crime and yet YOU want to pretend Martin was an innocent kid.
Whatever you say - wingnuz racism is alive and well in the little world of rightwing ideology!

Tired of Silly
Level 7

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#31678 Jul 23, 2013
RuffnReddy wrote:
<quoted text>I'm shocked that you've missed my focus-interest for going on a year now. My interest being why the SPD quickly bought into George's version of events well before they had a clue who the dead guy was.
The SPD did a p-poor investigation interviewing a few people that basically presented themselves to LE near the shooting scene, six total, iirc. Yet George claimed to have first spotted the stranger on the West side of the community, near Taaffe's condo 1500 feet
away. SPD didn't do a background on George, simply taking his word on being "squeaky clean."
George should have been booked just to be on the safe side, there was probable cause, he said that he shot the guy, and a background would have told SPD that George was not squeaky clean but that he was unpredictable.
Book'em Danno and let the judge figure it all out, that's how it's supposed to be. If George had been booked, you and I would never have learned of the case, Al Sharpton would never have learned of the case.
George was finally booked 46 days after the shooting that he admitted to the first responding officer.
We never did learn who the on duty ASA was, or whether or not Wolfinger himself intervened. We never heard during the trial who decided that there wasn't sufficient evidence to book George.
Thin blue line.
I haven't missed your eternal harping on "they didn't even know who Trayvon was". I simply don't comprehend why you think it matters. George never should have been arrested. The total lack of evidence from the prosecution and the fact that every one of their witnesses ended up supporting the defense is proof that this case was nothing more than a waste of taxpayer dollars, done to pander to the race baiters and the violent beasts threatening riots. And no, people are NOT supposed to be charged with crimes when there is no evidence that a crime was committed. It mattered not in the least who ThugTray was. If he'd NEVER been identified, it still would have been a case of self-defense.
GLOOMY DAYS

Los Angeles, CA

#31680 Jul 23, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you might flip open a history book and tell us where these "Canadians" came from, what was their purpose and under who's orders did they slaughter many of the original aboriginal people?
Meanwhile,I'm still waiting to learn who are the NON-hybrids, living in the United States in the 21 century.
Bwahahahaha MMMMMMMmuchly ..
LMAO! Where did these Canadians come from?????

Obviously from a birth canal retard -LOL! Usually 9 months after a Male Sperm reaches the Ovum of a Female - BUT did not the Schools in Red Deer introduce the Mary Calderone Sex Ed classes to residents of a backward OPPS I meant backwoods area. Eh????

'Mary Calderone
AKA Mary Steichen Calderone

Born: 1-Jul-1904
Birthplace: New York City
Died: 24-Oct-1998
Location of death: Kennett Square, PA
Cause of death: Alzheimer's

Religion: Quaker
Race or Ethnicity: White
Sexual orientation: Straight
Party Affiliation: Democratic

snip..
..She replied that she had been forced by her mother to always wear gloves -- then considered a preventive measure against masturbation. Her father was photographer Edward Steichen, her uncle was biographer Carl Sandburg, and her second husband, Frank Calderone, became chief administrative officer of the World Health Organization.

'World Health Organization.' O Lawd a tie into the dreaded UN again EH?

GLOOMY DAYS

Los Angeles, CA

#31681 Jul 23, 2013
LOL! Methinks that perhaps Juvenal set up Topix - Thus the reason we have so many Clowns posting on
this thread. Haters pretending to care about the less fortunate Black Americans BUT Erstwhile hiding their hatred behind their Clown masks
much like John W Gacy.
"Give them bread and circuses and they will never revolt"
Coined by the Roman poet Juvenal in the first Century in his Satires lamenting the continuing slide of his former Roman Republic into dictatorship.

The term refers to entertainment or offerings intended to foil discontent or distract attention from a situation. In ancient Rome, bread and circuses were used to keep the underprivileged poor people quiet.

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#31683 Jul 23, 2013
incredulous wrote:
Zimmerman rescued a family who could have died.
HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

The pedophile happened upon a car turned over on its side and he bravely helped them out of the car because at any second the tow truck could have showed up and towed it away to the crusher and maybe they fall asleep and got crushed by the salvage yard crusher...

Level 5

Location hidden

#31684 Jul 23, 2013
PS: no one was injured.

HAHAHAAHAHAHHA!

Level 5

Location hidden

#31685 Jul 23, 2013
incredulous wrote:
<quoted text> Actually, he was a thug with a violent history of street fighting
Actually, you are making things up.

The pedophile zimmerman had a REAL arrest record and assaulted REAL human beings- always women- and of course he had a drinking problem and was in drug rehab by the time he was legal to drink.
GLOOMY DAYS

Los Angeles, CA

#31686 Jul 23, 2013
Will members of the 'Lonely Hearts Club' still be posting on this thread 4 years from now much like they do on the State thread??

Realistically Trayvon is dead - As is Caylee.

You Trayvon ghouls are much like those who gape upon a crime scene disregarding the request of LE to 'MOVE ON".
PPSSSST! Move On!- Move On-!

Your fascination toward a dead Trayvon is unhealthy.

Level 4

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#31687 Jul 23, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The pedophile happened upon a car turned over on its side and he bravely helped them out of the car because at any second the tow truck could have showed up and towed it away to the crusher and maybe they fall asleep and got crushed by the salvage yard crusher...
Thank god that none of the four had a head injury and was combative to George !

Level 1

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#31691 Jul 23, 2013
RuffnReddy wrote:
<quoted text>Bullst, Cervino was part of trio attempting to break into the guy's car on the guy's property and there were witnesses.
Was the shooter arrested and booked?
Zimmerman was sent along home with his bride and the federal air marshal who had waited patiently in the waiting room while George was being interviewed by the nice lady who didn't even know where The Retreat was. And before anyone had a clue who the the dead guy was.
Point is there was no threat to Roderick Scott life to use deadly force and he choose to use deadly force because Cervino was White and Roderick Scott took justice into his own hand instead of a court of law which witnesses testifed in Court that Roderick Scott did.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#31694 Jul 23, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, not exactly but you are sort of right ...
Okay so how about the State didn't have the goods to convict, and furthermore it failed to create reasonable doubt of GZ's self-defense theory which his defense put forth.

If that's "not exactly", feel free to further your thoughts.

Level 5

Location hidden

#31695 Jul 23, 2013
GLOOMY DAYS wrote:

PPSSSST! Move On!- Move On-!
Psst! Kettle? Kettle? this is Pot...
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#31696 Jul 23, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Owwww, let's trap you and your family inside an overturned vehicle that could explode any minute and see if it makes you laugh.

Your psychopathic tendencies show when you make fun of traumatic situations that other people experience.

:-(

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min Goober of Glovers... 1,496,788
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 5 hr Princess Hey 19,486
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 hr Well Well 63,270
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 8 hr Murph 73,759
Trump to "little people" supporters: Don't get too 12 hr curt 2
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 16 hr Murphey_Law 512,915
www.toilettrolls.com 16 hr www.toilettrolls.com 1

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages