Call for arrest of watch captain who ...

Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid

There are 29778 comments on the New York Daily News story from Mar 19, 2012, titled Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid. In it, New York Daily News reports that:

ORLANDO, Fla. -- College students around Florida rallied Monday to demand the arrest of a white neighborhood watch captain who shot an unarmed black teen last month, though authorities may be hamstrung by a state law that allows people to defend themselves with deadly force.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Daily News.

Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#31638 Jul 23, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>We could'nt have another Bush, and McCain was too much like....been there, done that....Barack Obama represented Change, no more ground wars and a recovering economy.....and has kept that pledge.....He is a hybrid....a, see thru the bullshit, new kind of honest black American.....my opinion.....
A hybrid? What exactly are you referring to......I'm sure you realize in the 21st century neither black nor whites and all the shades of skin colour in between are "purebreds" of anything but an intermix of ancestry dating back thousand of years. It is particularly amusing this is a topic of discussion in the US considering ALL your ancestors flocked from somewhere else after the "New World" was discovered by CC in 1492. LOL
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#31639 Jul 23, 2013
californio wrote:
<quoted text> If I ever made a racist post can you show me where? I have over4000 and although I am accused of being a racist by Liberals everyday, I have yet to have one show me one racist post I have made.
I have no intention of sifting through 4000 posts.

My question was.....

If racism is still so rampant in the United States as some of you posters would like to portray......how did Barack Obama "who could have been Trayvon Martin 35 years ago" come to be elected President of the United States, not just once but twice?

In your opinion, is racism rampant in the US or not?

If you believe it is not, why waste your time engaging with obvious trolls who attempt to represent public opinion, when the skin colour of your own President proves how foolish they are?

Level 1

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#31640 Jul 23, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
Answer me this question please.......
If racism is still so rampant in the United States as some of you posters would like to portray......how did Barack Obama "who could have been Trayvon Martin 35 years ago" come to be elected President of the United States, not just once but twice?
Ask the Blacks since they are the ones as a race promoting and keeping Racism alive and the most racist even this black man in this youtube is exactly right about the Blacks, his own race.

Blacks Are More Racists than Whites Now

Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#31641 Jul 23, 2013
** Correcting myself, not ALL, as the Aboriginal people were in the " New World" first, the origins of their ancestry continues to be an ongoing debate as well.

Tap, tap, tapping waiting to learn in the 21st century who are the NON-hybrid Americans?
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#31642 Jul 23, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Ask the Blacks since they are the ones as a race promoting and keeping Racism alive and the most racist even this black man in this youtube is exactly right about the Blacks, his own race.
Blacks Are More Racists than Whites Now
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =53TkN4bPyGwXX
Since those massive riots over GZ acquittal didn't happen, you think some lone guy yapping on youtube will suffice? LOL
hey marce

Chula Vista, CA

#31643 Jul 23, 2013
Rambler wrote:
** Correcting myself, not ALL, as the Aboriginal people were in the " New World" first, the origins of their ancestry continues to be an ongoing debate as well.
Tap, tap, tapping waiting to learn in the 21st century who are the NON-hybrid Americans?
They are not called aboriginals. That is your country's term. They are American Indians -- this is what they call themselves & that is what our government calls them.

Level 1

Location hidden

#31644 Jul 23, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
Since those massive riots over GZ acquittal didn't happen, you think some lone guy yapping on youtube will suffice? LOL
you dont like the truth coming from another Black Man is the problem you have and there is alot of Blacks out there like him I have worked with besides some Blacks are starting to realize there is a big difference in circumstances between the deaths of Trayvon Martin who was Black & Christopher Cervini who was white.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#31645 Jul 23, 2013
hey marce wrote:
<quoted text>
They are not called aboriginals. That is your country's term. They are American Indians -- this is what they call themselves & that is what our government calls them.
Pick, pick, pick......you, the self-proclaimed resident literary expert who is unable to recognize the word "aboriginal" in the phrase "aboriginal people" is an approriate adjective? I'm so disappointed......

ab·o·rig·i·nal
Adjective
Inhabiting or existing in a land from the earliest times; indigenous.
Noun
An aboriginal inhabitant of a place.
Synonyms
adjective. indigenous - native - primitive - original - native-born
noun. aborigine - native - indigene - autochthon
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#31646 Jul 23, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>you dont like the truth coming from another Black Man is the problem you have and there is alot of Blacks out there like him I have worked with besides some Blacks are starting to realize there is a big difference in circumstances between the deaths of Trayvon Martin who was Black & Christopher Cervini who was white.
I'm not black. Your agenda of promoting racism on behalf of blacks today is almost comical given only yesterday the preverbial line pertained to the large percentage of "black-on-black" crime.

Maybe you should think about holding off at least a week or so....too much too soon!
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#31647 Jul 23, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Ask the Blacks since they are the ones as a race promoting and keeping Racism alive
We white folks, dear, need to face up to the fact we are part of the "racist" problem.

Not understanding that fact, not opening our white eyes and not taking responsibility for the discrimination in his country is well ...

... not too bright, not too open minded and well --- even republican.
hey marce

Chula Vista, CA

#31648 Jul 23, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
Pick, pick, pick......you, the self-proclaimed resident literary expert who is unable to recognize the word "aboriginal" in the phrase "aboriginal people" is an approriate adjective? I'm so disappointed......
ab·o·rig·i·nal
Adjective
Noun
Synonyms
Why would you think I'm arguing what the word means? All I said was the Indians of our country do NOT call themselves aboriginals. Nor does our government or anyone else in the US call them aboriginals.

Level 1

Location hidden

#31649 Jul 23, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not black. Your agenda of promoting racism on behalf of blacks today is almost comical given only yesterday the preverbial line pertained to the large percentage of "black-on-black" crime.
Maybe you should think about holding off at least a week or so....too much too soon!

Level 1

Location hidden

#31650 Jul 23, 2013
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
We white folks, dear, need to face up to the fact we are part of the "racist" problem.
Not understanding that fact, not opening our white eyes and not taking responsibility for the discrimination in his country is well ...
... not too bright, not too open minded and well --- even republican.
here listen to Elmer Williams and he is right.

GLOOMY DAYS

Los Angeles, CA

#31651 Jul 23, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
ab·o·rig·i·nal
Adjective
Noun
Synonyms
A huge similarity as to how Canadians treat the Aboriginals and how Australia treats the Aboriginese.

SHAMEFUL !!

'The Massacre of the Innocents

When the aborigines realised that the white men were not the spirits of their dead ancestors and that the settlers were taking more and more of their land and destroying the trees and wild life they began to fight back.

The aborigines killed a number of the settlers and even wounded Captain Phillip in an attack. The settlers reacted by slaughtering and poisoning the aborigines and systematically destroying the land and wild animals they lived on.'

“always”

Level 5

Since: May 12

Ticklaw

#31652 Jul 23, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>you dont like the truth coming from another Black Man is the problem you have and there is alot of Blacks out there like him I have worked with besides some Blacks are starting to realize there is a big difference in circumstances between the deaths of Trayvon Martin who was Black & Christopher Cervini who was white.
Bullst, Cervino was part of trio attempting to break into the guy's car on the guy's property and there were witnesses.

Was the shooter arrested and booked?

Zimmerman was sent along home with his bride and the federal air marshal who had waited patiently in the waiting room while George was being interviewed by the nice lady who didn't even know where The Retreat was. And before anyone had a clue who the the dead guy was.
GLOOMY DAYS

Los Angeles, CA

#31653 Jul 23, 2013
ROT ROH! Guess some Canadians fail to practice that which they preach -Some Canadians shoul first learn to remove the weed by the root to clean up their own back yard before buting their snouts into U.S. affairs.

Snips..

'When guests from around the world were invited to the 100th anniversary of Nelson Mandela’s political party this year, Canada was conspicuous by its absence.

Despite often boasting of its historic support for the anti-apartheid struggle, Canada’s diplomats didn’t show up at the centenary celebrations for the ruling African National Congress – the biggest event on South Africa’s political calendar so far this year.'

“I was perplexed by not seeing the Canadians at the anniversary,” said Oscar van Heerden, a former ANC official who is now a political analyst.“The invitation was simply not honoured. The ANC were a bit dumbfounded. When I looked across the VIP rooms, it was quite striking that Canada’s representatives were not there.”

Canadian officials say their official invitation to the January event arrived at the last minute, due to ANC organizational disarray, and they could not spare any diplomats because of a visiting trade delegation. But many other Western countries had the same delay in their invitations and still managed to attend.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/can...
GLOOMY DAYS

Los Angeles, CA

#31654 Jul 23, 2013
GLOOMY DAYS wrote:
ROT ROH! Guess some Canadians fail to practice that which they preach -Some Canadians shoul first learn to remove the weed by the root to clean up their own back yard before buting their snouts into U.S. affairs.
Snips..
'When guests from around the world were invited to the 100th anniversary of Nelson Mandela’s political party this year, Canada was conspicuous by its absence.
Despite often boasting of its historic support for the anti-apartheid struggle, Canada’s diplomats didn’t show up at the centenary celebrations for the ruling African National Congress – the biggest event on South Africa’s political calendar so far this year.'
“I was perplexed by not seeing the Canadians at the anniversary,” said Oscar van Heerden, a former ANC official who is now a political analyst.“The invitation was simply not honoured. The ANC were a bit dumbfounded. When I looked across the VIP rooms, it was quite striking that Canada’s representatives were not there.”
Canadian officials say their official invitation to the January event arrived at the last minute, due to ANC organizational disarray, and they could not spare any diplomats because of a visiting trade delegation. But many other Western countries had the same delay in their invitations and still managed to attend.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/can...
* S/B 'should & butt in'
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#31655 Jul 23, 2013
O'Mara: This is quintessential George
http://www.cnn.com/video/standard.html...

Ah, finally someone has explained the definition of IN HIDING.........O'Mara says it means not to be "in the public eye". Well, that's a start! GZ didn't have to be cowering in a dark basement to not be in the public eye!
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#31657 Jul 23, 2013
GLOOMY DAYS wrote:
How can a political party celebrating a 100th anniversary be defined by race, considering in 1994 Nelson Mandela was the first black South African to hold the office of President?
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#31658 Jul 23, 2013
GLOOMY DAYS wrote:
<quoted text>
A huge similarity as to how Canadians treat the Aboriginals and how Australia treats the Aboriginese.
SHAMEFUL !!
'The Massacre of the Innocents
When the aborigines realised that the white men were not the spirits of their dead ancestors and that the settlers were taking more and more of their land and destroying the trees and wild life they began to fight back.
The aborigines killed a number of the settlers and even wounded Captain Phillip in an attack. The settlers reacted by slaughtering and poisoning the aborigines and systematically destroying the land and wild animals they lived on.'
Perhaps you might flip open a history book and tell us where these "Canadians" came from, what was their purpose and under who's orders did they slaughter many of the original aboriginal people?

Meanwhile,I'm still waiting to learn who are the NON-hybrids, living in the United States in the 21 century.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Denny CranesPlace 1,402,756
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 2 hr -Prince- 19,080
News 50 dead in Florida nightclub shooting, worst in... 15 hr barry 1,565
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 16 hr zazz 98,126
News Convicted rapist indicted in 1993 Orange County... (May '09) 19 hr patty 39
Double Fun Word Game (Mar '11) 19 hr Princess Hey 13,058
News Obama: Notion that being armed would have saved... 23 hr WasteWater 1,261

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages