Call for arrest of watch captain who ...

Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid

There are 29780 comments on the New York Daily News story from Mar 19, 2012, titled Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid. In it, New York Daily News reports that:

ORLANDO, Fla. -- College students around Florida rallied Monday to demand the arrest of a white neighborhood watch captain who shot an unarmed black teen last month, though authorities may be hamstrung by a state law that allows people to defend themselves with deadly force.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Daily News.

“Jess kidding!”

Level 2

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#31546 Jul 22, 2013
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
Was he "following" them?
I know the area quite well and at 5:45PM, trafic is highly congested. Amazing that the ONLY bystander who was there to offer assistance was Zimmerman.
Besides, I thought he was in fear for his life? And with no injuries reported to any of the 4 occupants, plus all of the above, this story doesn't pass the smell test.
You stink.

“Jess kidding!”

Level 2

Location hidden

#31547 Jul 22, 2013
Tired of Silly wrote:
<quoted text>
I was also being sarcastic, at least in the first sentence. I didn't hear that the car was burning........but it took courage for Mr. Zimmerman to even get out of his car with all the wack-cases out there who want to kill him. I don't know the guy, but it seems he does his best to do the right thing. I KNOW he did the right thing when he defended his life against a violent attacker. The jury knew it too, thank goodness.
Well, put Jezebel.

It's ignorant people like you that don't think they have any Black in their blood that are the worst kind of racist's.

You have some ancestral jigaboo blood and you put down your own kind.

Just because your skin is white doesn't mean you have no Black in you.

99% of whiteys do.

“Jess kidding!”

Level 2

Location hidden

#31548 Jul 22, 2013
Tired of Silly wrote:
<quoted text>
You sure do smell a lot. Your lies haven't passed ANY test for years. Trot on back to your skankpig thread, why don't you? And take all the retards who followed you from there.
You will be there to put her down some more.

Whats that make you?

Level 7

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#31549 Jul 22, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
You have quite a basket of conspiracy theories. Too bad none have hatched any evidence to support your theories.
Here are the actual 911 calls......amazing, no one mentions Zimmerman is there.

"Conspiracy" that.

http://www.tmz.com/2013/07/22/george-zimmerma...

“Jess kidding!”

Level 2

Location hidden

#31556 Jul 22, 2013
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
"Conspiracy" that.
you get dumber with age.

Level 7

Location hidden

#31558 Jul 22, 2013
incredulous wrote:
<quoted text> So are you saying this crash never happened? I read the Explorer rolled over and burst into flames. It could be a reason why there weren't so many volunteers.
No, I'm not saying the crash never happened, but I am skeptical of the story.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/tra...
(snipped)

> "The Sheriff's Office later released a traffic accident report. Zimmerman and the other man are not mentioned in the report." <

You can listen to the 911 calls........none of the callers mentions Zimmerman nor do any of the callers sound like Zimmerman even the caller who is standing right next to the vehicle.

“Jess kidding!”

Level 2

Location hidden

#31559 Jul 22, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Wishful thinking.
Wishing you were black won't work whitey.

You are stuck with that little white boy tool.

“Stand Your Grund”

Level 6

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#31560 Jul 22, 2013
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
Was he "following" them?
I know the area quite well and at 5:45PM, trafic is highly congested. Amazing that the ONLY bystander who was there to offer assistance was Zimmerman.
Besides, I thought he was in fear for his life? And with no injuries reported to any of the 4 occupants, plus all of the above, this story doesn't pass the smell test.
Read the orlandosentinel.com story. George came upon the scene AFTER the accident, so no, he did not follow them, lol. Others had also dialed 911. George was NOT a bystanders.

You're pretty uninformed about the events that took place.

Why would George be in fear for his life anymore? Everyone who wants to harm him is out protesting, lol!

Did the local gun broker give George a new gun? Maybe some ammo to go along with his new gun?
incredulous

Carmel, IN

#31562 Jul 22, 2013
Tired of Silly wrote:
<quoted text>
I was also being sarcastic, at least in the first sentence. I didn't hear that the car was burning........but it took courage for Mr. Zimmerman to even get out of his car with all the wack-cases out there who want to kill him. I don't know the guy, but it seems he does his best to do the right thing. I KNOW he did the right thing when he defended his life against a violent attacker. The jury knew it too, thank goodness.
I went back to find the article about the fire and couldn't find it. Really strange. I then Googled car crash and fire and I got this although this was not the article I read. "Zimmerman Saves Family of Four in Florida Car Crash, Extinguishes Car Fire
by KERRY PICKET 22 Jul 2013, 10:35 AM PDT
SHARE THIS:
*Updated
On Wednesday, July 17 at about 5:45 PM Sanford Police responded to a single car accident in the area of I- 4 and State Road 46 in Sanford. A blue Ford Explorer SUV traveled off the road and rolled over. There were four occupants inside the vehicle, two parents and two children. An eyewitness to the accident told Breitbart News the SUV lost control in front of the witness's car. The SUV later caught fire.
The deputy reported, when he arrived on the scene that one of the two men helping the family was George Zimmerman. According to Sanford Police Zimmerman had a fire extinguisher with him. The eyewitness told Breitbart News he helped assist the family out of the vehicle and put out the fire with the extinguisher.
"Zimmerman was not a witness to the crash, which was why he was not referenced in the police report," a Sanford Police spokeswoman told Breitbart News. "He left after making contact with the deputy. There were no reports of injuries of any of the vehicle's occupants," she said.
An eyewitness to the accident told Breitbart News that people on the scene recognized Zimmerman and thanked him for his help before he left.
Zimmerman's location has been unknown since he was found "not guilty" of second degree murder and manslaughter of Trayvon Martin recently."
incredulous

Carmel, IN

#31563 Jul 22, 2013
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
(snipped)
> "The Sheriff's Office later released a traffic accident report. Zimmerman and the other man are not mentioned in the report." <
You can listen to the 911 calls........none of the callers mentions Zimmerman nor do any of the callers sound like Zimmerman even the caller who is standing right next to the vehicle.
OMG, you are precious!!!! I expected this kind of nonsense just not this quickly.

“Stand Your Grund”

Level 6

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#31564 Jul 22, 2013
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
(snipped)
Why would Zim and the other man have be mentioned in the police report?

This is George's lucky month......

1. Not guilty verdict
2. Good Samaritan

Level 7

Location hidden

#31566 Jul 22, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Proving what???? You think that because the people who called were focusing on the accident and not the people around it proves that Zimmerman wasn't there????
I said the story doesn't pass the smell test and I stand by that statement.

You don't find it just a little tiny bit odd that the vehicle's occupants are not identified? So just exactly "who" planted this story in today's news?

http://www.seminolesheriff.org/external/InfoS...

> Per Florida Statute Section 316.066, effective June 5, 2001, accident reports are no longer a public record under the provisions of Florida Statute Section 119.07 for a period of 60 days after the date the report is filed. However, they can be made available immediately to:

•The parties involved;
•Their legal representatives;
•Their licensed insurance agents;
•Their insurers;
•Persons under contract with such insurer to provide claims or underwriting information;
•Prosecutorial authorities;
•Radio and television stations licensed by the FCC;
•Qualifying newspapers;
•State and Federal Agencies authorized to have access to such reports by any provision of the law

When making a request for an accident report which falls within the 60 days time period, one of the following types of credentials and/or identification must be provided in support of any claim for access to be the requested report:

•Drivers license or other governmental issued picture ID, identifying the requester as a party involved in the accident;
•Signed and notarized letter from an involved party authorizing the pickup of the report on their behalf;
•Letter from an attorney stating they represent a party involved;
•Formal written request from an insurance company on company letterhead or otherwise clearly identifiable request form for each report identifying the parties they insure;
•Written proof demonstrating one is under contract with an insurer for the specific report requested and identifying the insured parties;
•State or Federal Credentials and/or licenses;
•As approved by a supervisor in the Records Section

Reports may also be obtained from the Accident Report and Retrieval Service on line for a fee.

Note: Obtaining confidential information by someone who knows they are not entitled to do so is a felony violation per Fl. Statute 316.066 <
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#31567 Jul 22, 2013
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
"Conspiracy" that.
The first 911 caller says she saw the vehicle flip, she is still driving and "other people have stopped".

The second caller said she was still driving and when asked if people had gotten out of the vehicle, she said no but "other people has started to rush toward the vehicle".

That's as far as I listened as it's obvious you have major comprehension issues. How on earth would you expect witnesses driving past the scene of an accident to recognize it was George Zimmerman assisting with their rescue?

Huge conspiracy that sure is!

Level 7

Location hidden

#31568 Jul 22, 2013
Double Jeopardy wrote:
<quoted text> Why would Zim and the other man have be mentioned in the police report?
This is George's lucky month......
1. Not guilty verdict
2. Good Samaritan
Uhm, duh, maybe to give the story some credibility?

It was all over the Internet that Zimmerman won the Florida Lottery, too......just because someone writes a story that doesn't mean it's true.
Ctz

Riverside, CA

#31569 Jul 22, 2013
Well George wants us to believe he was strong enough to pull 2 adults out of the carthat is on its side. but was not strong enough to push a teenager off him ?
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#31570 Jul 22, 2013
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
Uhm, duh, maybe to give the story some credibility?
It was all over the Internet that Zimmerman won the Florida Lottery, too......just because someone writes a story that doesn't mean it's true.
I question stories from "police sources speaking unofficially" or "unnamed sources close to the investigation" or "undisclosed friends" but in this report it names the sheriff's spokeswoman.

"Zimmerman, 29, helped get them out of the overturned sport utility vehicle last Wednesday, barely four days after the not-guilty verdict, the Seminole County Sheriff's Office in central Florida said.

"He did not witness the crash. He rolled up on it after the fact and assisted in getting the family out of the vehicle," sheriff's spokeswoman Kim Cannaday said."

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/07/22/us-...

Kim Cannaday is also listed as the Public Affairs Officer on the Seminole Sheriff's site, including her email address.
http://www.seminolesheriff.org/external/InfoS...

It she wasn't responsible for it's release, she could certainly retract it. Why don't you email her and clear up your doubt, if it irradiates you so much.

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#31571 Jul 22, 2013
Double Jeopardy wrote:
The February 2012 shooting death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martion might never have happened if school officials in Miami-Dade County had not instituted an unofficial policy of treating crimes as school disciplinary infractions.
They weren't crimes.

A simpler explanation would be: the shooting death of 17 year old Martin would never have happened if the fat pedophile cop wannabe had stayed and waiting for the real cops to show up.

Like he was told.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#31572 Jul 22, 2013
Ctz wrote:
Well George wants us to believe he was strong enough to pull 2 adults out of the carthat is on its side. but was not strong enough to push a teenager off him ?
It was reported there were two men, GZ was not alone, and it's highly doubtful either of the 2 adults in the SUV were resisting their rescue efforts.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#31573 Jul 22, 2013
* irritates, not irradiates.
Ctz

Riverside, CA

#31576 Jul 22, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
It was reported there were two men, GZ was not alone, and it's highly doubtful either of the 2 adults in the SUV were resisting their rescue efforts.

No way could the Pillsbury Dough boy be of much help in the rescue. Yet he will be glad to take all the credit for it. Maybe next week he will save a cop.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Julia 1,603,072
News Student zapped by Taser leaves juvenile detenti... (Mar '08) 7 hr Thaliamar Jimenez 161
Poll Child Protective Services Should Be SUED Along ... (Aug '12) Sat Angela 40
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) Sat Patriot AKA Bozo 63,981
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) Sat Murphey_Law 513,687
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) Sat zazz 98,518
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) Sep 22 LizW 73,841

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages