Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid

Mar 19, 2012 Full story: New York Daily News 29,876

ORLANDO, Fla. -- College students around Florida rallied Monday to demand the arrest of a white neighborhood watch captain who shot an unarmed black teen last month, though authorities may be hamstrung by a state law that allows people to defend themselves with deadly force.

Full Story

Level 7

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#31150 Jul 20, 2013
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I've been followed. Not often and not every time I go out, but it has happened. I don't know why. Maybe it's because it's at night; maybe it's because I'm alone in the car; maybe it's because of my vehicle; maybe it's because of my license plate; maybe it's because I'm a woman. Who knows why. But the fact remains it has happened and I took precautions to ensure I wasn't followed back to my home.
Believe what you will.
What an exciting life you lead..........at least in your fantasies.

Level 7

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#31151 Jul 20, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, so what you are saying is Racial Jeantel knew Martin's mind set but we don't? How does that work?
If Martin was not sure he lost Zimmerman, why did he stop and hide behind those houses all of that time? After all, he lost Zimmerman in less than a few seconds of running. He was less than about 100 feet from the time they split up to where he attacked Zimmerman.
I didn't say one thing about Rachel Jeantel or make comment about her story. No one knows what was said.

Where did you get the idea that Trayvon hid behind any houses? Oh, I forgot.....you're taking Zimmerman's word for it. Would that be before or after Trayvon jumped out of the non-existent bushes story?

How about you explain how Zimmerman was able to get his gun while Trayvon was sitting on top of him?

Level 7

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#31152 Jul 20, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Coming from a family of such low breeding, I can understand why breeding is unimportant to a hateful ugly trailer park trash like you.
How lucky we all people like you are being found out and exposed.
You fat ugly bigoted skanque.
You know nothing about my family. In fact, you likely know nothing about your own. Breeding is extremely important. I was trying to be nice since your hero BHO is a half-breed and of very suspect lineage. However, his ancestry is likely of higher quality than yours. How's little ThugTray doing, Bareback??? Completely ROTTED yet??? YAY ZIMMERMAN!!!!

Level 2

Location hidden

#31154 Jul 20, 2013
If Zimmerman is smart he will go to either Peru or Israel and spend the next few years outside the USA. Obama and co seem to trying to whip up a lynch mob.
NSBResident

New Smyrna Beach, FL

#31155 Jul 20, 2013
Rambler wrote:
Away from the media maelstrom, America talks about the Zimmerman verdict
By Michael Pearson, CNN
updated 6:41 AM EDT, Sat July 20, 2013
<snip>
I have a friend who lives in Denver and I live in Seattle. My friend, Roger, is of Caucasian descent, I am of African-American. When the trial was aired, I didn't realize his view was strong for Zimmerman until there was a tense moment between us both on Facebook. I actually had to stop our conversation because it was getting weird.......<snip>...... .I posted the other day, "How does Florida convict a black woman for 20 years for shooting her gun in the air because her boyfriend was beating her, but Zimmerman kills a black boy and he is set free?" Still no response from my friend.
-- Howard Russell, Denver; African-American
http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/20/justice/zimmerm...
There is a HUGE difference between these two cases. Zimmerman was attacked by Trayvon where he stood, and could not escape after he was assaulted. They didn't know each other, and there were no kids involved.

The woman who was sentenced to 20 years had a injunction for protection against her husband, which means its a no contact order and she should not have had any contact with him at all. Instead, she let him and his kids in the house. She was able to get away from him and go in the garage. When she realized she forgot her keys and the overhead garage door didn't work, instead of leaving through the regular door, she got her gun and went back in the house.

The difference is that after she left the house she had the opportunity to leave. Going back in the house, after she left, knowing she could be harmed took away her stand your ground defense. Big difference because Zimmerman was actively being attacked.

Level 7

Location hidden

#31156 Jul 20, 2013
Tired of Silly wrote:
<quoted text>
What an exciting life you lead..........at least in your fantasies.
Actually, my life isn't all that exciting, but it suits me just fine. It's nice not having to be entertained to appreciate the little things in life.
Ctz

Riverside, CA

#31157 Jul 20, 2013
Tired of Silly wrote:
<quoted text>
You know nothing about my family. In fact, you likely know nothing about your own. Breeding is extremely important. I was trying to be nice since your hero BHO is a half-breed and of very suspect lineage. However, his ancestry is likely of higher quality than yours. How's little ThugTray doing, Bareback??? Completely ROTTED yet??? YAY ZIMMERMAN!!!!
Your really hooked on all of this name calling. I think you could use some help, well unless you're just pulling everyones chain..
I still think you're that crazy Ron everyone talks about.

Level 7

Location hidden

#31158 Jul 20, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
The tiny scratches on his bald head, so tiny, according to the PA they didn't even require a band aid. They were not even near the concrete.
I'm surprised the prosecutors didn't emphasize that.
h

The prosecutors gave the jury more credit for being able to weave the pieces together than they did. In fact, if you watched or read Anderson Cooper's interview with B-37, she sat through the trial and couldn't even get the details right.

B-37 talked about how many times they played the videos over and over again.

Stealth juror?......it's a question many are asking.
Ctz

Riverside, CA

#31159 Jul 20, 2013
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, my life isn't all that exciting, but it suits me just fine. It's nice not having to be entertained to appreciate the little things in life.
NGrqace don't even bother trying to explain to Silly about being followed. Its so obvious no one would ever bother following her.
I have a feeling they would all run the opposite direction
NSBResident

New Smyrna Beach, FL

#31160 Jul 20, 2013
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't give you an answer because no one can answer what mind-set Trayvon had.
And even if someone could determine that mind-set, where is it written that anyone MUST call 911 if they are in fear?
I've been followed in my car......I take evasive measures to lead whoever is following me away from my home, which has always worked out. But if I couldn't elude my pursuer, I would take another approach.
My point is, at the time of the confrontation, Trayvon Martin had no way of knowing that the man following him had a concealed weapon and the man would shoot him dead.
George Zimmerman could have called 911, too, ya know? Why didn't he call for help on the regular 911 number? I suggest it was because, George Zimmerman had nothing to fear......especially when he was carrying a fully loaded weapon that testimony showed, he was also skilled at hitting the intended "bullseye".
Only one of them called the police, and it wasn't Trayvon. I cannot condemn GZ for taking gun lessons to know how to use his weapon. I am sure there are people who don't take lessons and don't know how to use a gun properly.

Just look at Trayvons cell phone pics, texts, and messages and you will get a good idea of where his mindset was.

Level 7

Location hidden

#31161 Jul 20, 2013
Double Jeopardy wrote:
<quoted text>
Does this story pass the smell test for you? ONE hit and this man fell, hit his head on CONCRETE and DIED.
Father dies 10 days after son punched him, deputies say
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2013-07-1...
A Mississippi father died Wednesday, 10 days after his son punched him in the head and he fell onto the concrete in an International Drive restaurant parking lot, the Orange County Sheriff's Office said.
Leonard Harris, 52, died at about 10:15 a.m. at University of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson, investigators said.
On July 7, Taylor Harris, 21, cursed at his father, pushed him, then grabbed him by the neck and punched him, causing him to fall backward and lose consciousness, witnesses told deputies. The younger man was upset because he had just learned his dad was having an affair, investigators said.
The incident occurred at Dave and Buster's, 8986 International Drive, at about 9:40 p.m.
Taylor Harris, who turned 21 the day of the incident, was arrested on a charge of aggravated battery causing great bodily harm.
Charges could be upgraded depending on a result of an autopsy.
An emergency medical technician who happened to be at the restaurant with her family revived Leonard Harris with chest compressions when his breathing stopped, a sheriff's report states. Her husband, a medic, said the back of Harris' head, his nose and mouth were bleeding.
Leonard Harris initially was treated at Orlando Regional Medical Center, then transferred to the hospital in Mississippi, near his home in Pearl, Miss.
You can't compare this man's injuries until you know the results of his autopsy and what was the cause of his death.

But you can compare the picture of what a man arrested by Sanford police looked like after they tasered him and he fell on his face hitting the concrete, or so says the Sanford police.

Maybe that's why Chris Serino intially said Zimmerman's "injuries" made his story unbeleivable.

Check out the video of what a man looks like after falling on concrete, according to Sanford police. It's posted on WESH if you don't want to use the link. Oh, one other thing......this man was beaten about the head 25 times, either, according to Sanford police.

Level 7

Location hidden

#31162 Jul 20, 2013
*"this man wasn't beaten 25 times about the head"

Level 2

Location hidden

#31163 Jul 20, 2013
By the way how many people know what President Jimmy Carter said about the Verdict.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2...
Is President Jimmy carter now a right wing tea bager?
And almost ALL legal expert agree that trying Zimmerman for violating Trayvon Civil right has almost no chance to success.

Since: Jul 13

Irmo, SC

#31164 Jul 20, 2013
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
The only b!tch that you are associated with is that double wide gash that gave birth to you. Her price went up and she went out of business, she was not worth a whole watermelon.
Yo' monkey piss, you are my forum b!tch and don't your monkey azz forget it. Did yo' mammy ever told you if Curious George or Cheetah was yo' daddy? Which one did you visit this past Father's Day?
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!

Since: Jul 13

Irmo, SC

#31165 Jul 20, 2013
californio wrote:
By the way how many people know what President Jimmy Carter said about the Verdict.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2...
Is President Jimmy carter now a right wing tea bager?
And almost ALL legal expert agree that trying Zimmerman for violating Trayvon Civil right has almost no chance to success.
Yo' monkey piss, so the hell what? Did your stupid monkey azz know that racist p.o.s. like Hannity and Limbaugh agreed with the verdict?
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#31166 Jul 20, 2013
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing would stop me from going home if I felt it was safe to do so. I would not assume, however, that just because I could no longer see the car, that I was safe.....I would continue driving for a period of time before I assumed anything.
No, we have no way of knowing Trayvon's mindset, other than he was aware a man was following him, much the same as I am aware of someone following me when I am driving.
So we don't know Trayvon's mindset, for sure, but it's safe to assume that Trayvon would be nervous about being followed.
Oh hilarious!

Did Trayvon also suffer from PTSD, just like you and Casey?
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#31167 Jul 20, 2013
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't compare this man's injuries until you know the results of his autopsy and what was the cause of his death.
But you can compare the picture of what a man arrested by Sanford police looked like after they tasered him and he fell on his face hitting the concrete, or so says the Sanford police.
Maybe that's why Chris Serino intially said Zimmerman's "injuries" made his story unbeleivable.
Check out the video of what a man looks like after falling on concrete, according to Sanford police. It's posted on WESH if you don't want to use the link. Oh, one other thing......this man was beaten about the head 25 times, either, according to Sanford police.
Is the trial over yet?
NSBResident

New Smyrna Beach, FL

#31168 Jul 20, 2013
ngrace wrote:
*"this man wasn't beaten 25 times about the head"
Have you looked this guy up in the Seminole Court Docs?

He has almost three pages of criminal activity, dating back to 1983. Several of them are for resisting arrest. Others are drugs and domestic violence. He is a worthless career criminal leeching off of the taxpayers by continually using public defenders.
Ctz

Riverside, CA

#31169 Jul 20, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh really? So the multiple calls I receive such as "4428 and 4429, can you go to 1988 Thomas and speak with a Latesha Williams about juveniles breaking car windows in front of her house" is a delusion of mine? I really don't hear that????
Do tell Mr. police scanner listener, when the police call in SS numbers, how do they not get the names (and physical descriptions) of people from dispatch?
If my nose is long, yours is three times longer. And I would bet my dollar to your dime you don't have a clue about monitoring police calls. If your police are not passing information about callers, suspects and witnesses, then I might suggest you are not listening to your local police. You are probably listening to somebody's baby monitor in their home.

What I was responding to was you said most of the calls that come in to the police station are from blacks and you knew this because of your scanner, remember ? There is no way you can hear calls coming in to the station on your scanner.

And FYI most states and cities have police calls on line you dont even need a scanner, just Google police calls or scanner Also there is a lists for all channels in every city on line -you dont even need to buy the book-
So what ever you wanta think Long nose

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#31170 Jul 20, 2013
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>h
The prosecutors gave the jury more credit for being able to weave the pieces together than they did. In fact, if you watched or read Anderson Cooper's interview with B-37, she sat through the trial and couldn't even get the details right.
B-37 talked about how many times they played the videos over and over again.
Stealth juror?......it's a question many are asking.
She thought the murder took place late at night and blamed Trayvon for being out that late.

She also quoted Serino as believing Zimmerman. The jury was instructed to ignore that remark, yet they didn't.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min red and right 1,191,697
5000 post wins (Feb '13) 5 min magaidh_61 4,434
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 7 min MADDY B BACK MUCHLY 492,153
last post wins! (Jul '11) 9 min magaidh_61 5,447
The alphabet (Jun '06) 14 min magaidh_61 1,199
Alphabet Game (Apr '12) 16 min magaidh_61 9,187
New Game ***Last Word + 2 (Oct '11) 18 min magaidh_61 12,032
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 1 hr JessicaAtriedes 17,871
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 9 hr Maggie McGee 71,232
Orlando Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance